Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:44 pm
...Then where can we go when Bush kills America... more than he already has, I mean...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:35 am
Maybe we should gather up a bunch of mass weapons for a few years in Montana, then swarm Mexico. We take over, and fix the damn place. domokun  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:41 am
Or teraform Mars and form a utopia there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 am
I don't care for space travel, m'self. xp  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:33 am
Jameta
I don't care for space travel, m'self. xp
What? But being weightless is fun! All the cool people are doing it...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:12 pm
Do you want to see the epic "Lost Lunch in Space"? xp  

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:37 pm
What's the point of making Mars a utopia when you celebrate an Earth-based religion?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 pm
Whoa... that's trippy to think about, considering how we personaify the Red Planet. idea  

Jameta
Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:43 pm
Yep, this has essentially been the main thing which turns me off to space colonization. Arcane's totally into it, but I just don't know if I could bear to leave my home planet. The Egyptian gods tend to be localized deities, after all- we have some precedent for extending Their domains to foreign countries, but I admit that we're probably stretching things as they are. I don't know what we'd do if we went to another planet entirely- especially if we terraformed it. Would it even have native gods? eek

This is also why I'd view immortality as a curse- the sun's going supernova one of these days, so like it or not you're going to have to jump ship at some point. As attached as I am to the planet right now, I can only imagine that a few billion years will only strengthen that feeling- I'd be totally screwed! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:42 am
I wonder if humanity will even be around that long. confused

I also wonder what sort of feelings Mars would invoke, as opposed to Earth. question  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:26 am
That is quite an interesting idea...

Whose to say though that Mars really is the God of Mars? We may get there, and wake up an old grouch who'd be like "the hell? Don't project your pantheons on me..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:10 pm
I'm back =D

I managed to completely FRY my hard drive on christmas with all the picture uploading and whatnot, and I just now got around to getting it replaced.

But just so everyone is upto speed with me, I finally did an official dedication ritual about a week or so, and since then things have been really strange. I'm actually noticing alot of karma being dealt to people. And also, I'm noticing a greater connection with the earth and animals. Everytime I've been confused about something, there was always a quick sign guiding me on what to do.

But yes, computer's fine, I'm finally healthy, and I'm backk on gaia =D Now I just have to get upto speed with the past month I've missed D:

Quadadiddle
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:19 pm
Quadadiddle
I'm back =D

I managed to completely FRY my hard drive on christmas with all the picture uploading and whatnot, and I just now got around to getting it replaced.

But just so everyone is upto speed with me, I finally did an official dedication ritual about a week or so, and since then things have been really strange. I'm actually noticing alot of karma being dealt to people. And also, I'm noticing a greater connection with the earth and animals. Everytime I've been confused about something, there was always a quick sign guiding me on what to do.

But yes, computer's fine, I'm finally healthy, and I'm backk on gaia =D Now I just have to get upto speed with the past month I've missed D:
Back to what may or may not end up beng a very interesting topic (maybe I should start a thread)

Spiritual implications of space travel. Other planetary deties. Would ours come with us? Would they be of the same power? Would the other planest be the deities we think they'd be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:16 pm
Ahh, what an interesting topic... I really should be around more...
I don't think the Dieties we worship here would be on other planets. Have you read the Tarot series? I've really only read the first book, but I really think the planet would either have it's own diety, or would project what we want to see. Or that the diety of the planet wouldn't want to put up with our old worship, and try and force us into worshipping it.
Or the planet could have no diety at all. Mars could simply be named so after the God, and have no diety of its own, and therefore might adopt the diety of it's namesake. And the moons, Phobos and Deimos, could also become or not become dieties of that planet, due to namesake of the moons. It's tricky, it's complicated. I think there would be no native dieties where there were no native people. So depending on whether or not Mars was once habited, it may or may not have Dieties.
They natives of the planet, should there be evidence to prove they ever exsisted, may not even call their planet Mars. It may have had a different name all together. And therefore, the diety would deffinately not be Mars. [nods]

Of course, we could just take the Zim approach to things and assume Mercury and Mars are simply no longer planets, but have been converted to space crafts thereby bringing about the extinction of their races, leaving only holographic guides in the forms of floating heads to help you piolet the ship. XD

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:01 am
I'd take it to a new thread. 3nodding  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games