Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
OiM - How it All Began Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:10 pm
"I don't know anything about the MADmen!" Henry said in exasperation of his own. "Why would I join you when I know nothing about you?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 pm
((Hey, did you guys know that a broken clock is always right twice a day?
Also, EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD POST! NAOW! Go back two pages for your respective updates.))

Munk crossed his arms and turned his back on Henry.

"'Cause we're cool like that." he said matter-of-factly, "But I guess you don't want to be part of all our coolness."

He tilted his head upwards, pouted his lips, and closed his colorless eyes.

((Totally forgot content.))  

NativeForeigner

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:35 am
"No no, that's not it," Henry said. He thought he was starting to figure this guy out. "I just want to know more about the coolness before I join. I mean, what if it's not my kind of cool? That would be bad, right? But I'm sure I'll like your cool, if you just lay it out for me."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 pm
Gwen nodded again and cautiously poked her head up, ready to pull it back again at the first hint of gunfire, and started looking for something explosive. She wasn't exactly sure what Cindy planned to do with it, but she didn't plan on asking; the older woman knew what she was doing.  

Elesariin

Bashful Lunatic

Venom3001

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:23 pm
NativeForeigner
((Hey, did you guys know that a broken clock is always right twice a day?))

((That.... makes no sense.

AND THEN I PULLED OUT MY KNIFE AND I SLASHED THE POTTED PLANT AND MY KNIFE WAS COVERED IN BLOOD AND I FELT LIKE A MAN.))  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:47 pm
Smith dropped to his stomach, popping out the stand for his rifle as he went down. "Rush them!" he advised, aiming as carefully as he might in the amount of time he had, pulling the trigger again and again until the magazine was empty, spacing the rounds so as to force the man with the rocket to duck or be blown to very small bits. As soon as this was accomplished, he hammerspaced the rifle and drew his handgun, joining the others - presuming they did, as he advised, rush - carefully, obviously.  

SirBayer

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:07 pm
((It actually makes perfect sense if you think about it. 3nodding ))

Unfortunately Gwen saw nothing that looked even remotely explosive. Darn the inconvenience.

Gwen reported her findings.

Cindy growled and turned to Mark. She gestured her head towards Gwen. He nodded back.

Cindy looked to Gwen, "Gwen, we're going to need you and Tannor to flank them, we can keep their attention from here and hold their attention...think you're up for it?"

The two soldiers ceased fire momentarily to reload.

Smith hadn't managed to blow the rocket man to bits yet, but he had managed to prevent the man from getting a shot of and forced him further behind cover.

At Smith's command and a break in the gunfire, everyone charged, Alastair and Juliet stuck to the rear.

Luckily, there was a fair amount of cover in case the shooting started up again.

The man with the strange gun emerged from cover. One of Smith's men up front opened fire only to have his left arm impaled by a spike, causing him to stumble backwards and cry out in pain.

Before the man could reinstate himself, another spike crashed through the center of his gas mask, beheading him instantly. The head-on-a-spike continued on into the chest of a woman behind the man, killing her as well.

Smith's Soldiers: 15

The soldier fell back behind cover as the other two in the trench began to blind fire, driving Smith and his men behind cover.

Munk opened his eyes, turned around, and looked at Henry like he was a bumbling idiot, "Of course it's your kind of cool! Our cool is universal! You don't have to worry about that!"

He laughed and suddenly stopped right away, "What is with you and 'laying things down'? I mean, it's hard to lay words down, they don't really have much mass to actually lay down. I can lay you down, make you comfortable, maybe light a candle or two, and tell you, but I can't lay WORDS down."

He thought for a moment, his hand at his chin, "Wait!" he exclaimed, his finger reaching for the sky, "Maybe if I wrote it down! Then I could lay the paper on the ground! Genius!"

He smiled at his own brilliance, "I'll just tell you this, you join us, the MADmen, we'll train you, make you stronger, make you happier, give you what you want. You just have to listen to us and you'll be fine."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:11 pm
Smith was growing more and more irritated, and decided that it was darned well time to end this irritation. He produced a fragmentation grenade from nowhere in particular, pulled the pin, released the spoon, gave it a brief few seconds, and hurled it to where it would airburst scant feet about the trench. If that didn't work, he'd roll one right into the trench.

Juliet crouched low. Nothing much was happening for her and Alastair, but that was alright - she didn't intend to get herself or her partner killed.  

SirBayer

Venom3001

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:32 pm
NativeForeigner
((It actually makes perfect sense if you think about it. 3nodding ))

((I can tell by your response that you weren't referring to what I thought you were.

Basically, in Deus Ex's The Nameless Mod, one mission involves screwing over a haywire, insane AI. In the final phase of the mission, it declares to you, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day!"

Your character replies, "That... makes no sense." And in the situation the AI says that, it doesn't. Which is, y'know. The point.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm
((Ooooh, I see. I heard it elsewhere, and not from The Nameless Mod. So yes, I was referring to something different.

Also, Bayer, did I give you clearance for Smith to have grenades? I don't believe I did.))  

NativeForeigner

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 pm
((Shepard appeared, stole the grenades, ate them like grapes, and disappeared into the night!))

Henry nodded, understanding building. "Ahh, I see. This is a classic henchman thing. I can tell where this river flows. Tell you what."
He patted Munk on the shoulder. "I'll think about it, and I'll give you a call. You got some way I can contact you?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 pm
((...I suppose that's an acceptable answer.))

((Extremely luckily for Shepard, the grenades were duds. However, he still suffered from horrible indigestion afterward and passing the grenades will cause Shepard unimaginable pain through the passing night.

Also, due to the fact it's daytime, Shepard simply wandered off anti-climatically.))

Munk through his head back in wild laughter that echoed around Henry. When Henry went to pat the Duke, he suddenly got a bad feeling and decided not to. Munk noticed and his head snapped back to Henry, his black eyes glaring dangerously at Henry.

"Silly boy! You'll be more than a mere henchman! Play your cards right and you'll be royalty! You could be a Baron! A Count! Maybe even a Marquess if you play your cards right!"

He began to dance around Henry, happily contemplating all of the possibilities.

"Why! All you need is to give a call! I'm almost never busy!"  

NativeForeigner

SirBayer

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:18 pm
((Yes... yes you did, Native. You said very specifically "and all the grenades associated." I recall that extremely clearly. I could probably find it, if you insist.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 am
Andreas continued ahead to the castle with everyone else in his group...  

Venom3001

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm
This guy was freaking Henry out more and more, but he had sure piqued Henry's interest.
"So all I have to do is shout out 'Munk' and you'll be there?"  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces