Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 am
LilKitty115
I am here to tell you the excitement of my new job (yes, I have many job problems)! I will be working for my mate's co-worker, who owns her own dog walking/pet sitting business. I find this a great opportunity because shes gets 25% of what I make (and it's under the table, shhh...) and since my apartment building doesn't allow pets that come with fur, I get my fuzzy animal fix taking care of others' pets! I start tomorrow with a lady who owns a zoo. She has three dogs (with another one on the way), I saw approximately five cats, two tarantulas, some anole lizards, a bearded dragon, a Burmese python, six bunnies, a pigeon, a ferret, and some fish. And she lives by herself and isn't completely insane. All I'll be doing is letting the dogs out to release their energy and bathroom needs and cleaning the bunny pens every other day. Her dogs are two pit bulls and a chihuahua and the incoming one is going to be a bull mastiff. They're all very sweet animals who love attention and to run around.

Thankfully, this is early enough in the day so I can go to my other job in the late afternoon/evening without scheduling conflicts. But I'm going to leave that one as soon as I find one with more regular pay that won't conflict with the pet sitting one...
Sounds fun! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:22 am
ive only made 9 posts in this guild where as in a guild like 10 times smaller than this i just made my 100th post o.o i joined them both at the same time.
Its just this guild hasnt been as welcoming, as soon as i joined the other guild the person who accepted me sent a message to 3 people and those 3 people messages three people about me and i got like 11 messages the next day and like 7 profile comments.

I think this is my first day i made a post in a popular forum in this guild

Hello people, my name is matthew but friends call me by my middle name, kurick. So yea you can call me matthew biggrin  

Kurick-teh-dude

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 am
matthew-is-army
ive only made 9 posts in this guild where as in a guild like 10 times smaller than this i just made my 100th post o.o i joined them both at the same time.
Its just this guild hasnt been as welcoming, as soon as i joined the other guild the person who accepted me sent a message to 3 people and those 3 people messages three people about me and i got like 11 messages the next day and like 7 profile comments.

I think this is my first day i made a post in a popular forum in this guild

Hello people, my name is matthew but friends call me by my middle name, kurick. So yea you can call me matthew biggrin

Yeah, sadly this guild guild is not all that well maintained. We haven't even heard from the owner in months. The mods have been left, those that are even still around, to twiddle there thumbs. Not being sure what they are suppose to do other than enforce the rules.

The guild has been dieing for a long time and attempts to breath a fresh life into it fail from lack of interest. Is sad for me to see it deteriorate like this, but there is only so much I can do without being the actual owner of the place. Has left me a little brokenhearted, actually, and have been turning to another guild.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:16 am
the reign of the most popular (in number of members) furry guild on gaia has pasted it pinnacle, and now its falling crying
scream dude...what you just said sounded like something from a movie, or like starcraft or a war movie.
"We havent heard from our commander in days, most of our officers are dead, those who arent, are confused and lack leadership skills, the enemy is advancing closer with each new day...i dont think we can hold our position any longer.......and we're running out of skittles and tequila"  

Kurick-teh-dude

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 am
matthew-is-army
the reign of the most popular (in number of members) furry guild on gaia has pasted it pinnacle, and now its falling crying
scream dude...what you just said sounded like something from a movie, or like starcraft or a war movie.
"We havent heard from our commander in days, most of our officers are dead, those who arent, are confused and lack leadership skills, the enemy is advancing closer with each new day...i dont think we can hold our position any longer.......and we're running out of skittles and tequila"

That isn't all that too far off. xd

Myself... have just kind of been loosing faith in this guild. I have no plans to leave as a member, but have given up trying to actually salvage it with my limited abilities.

This is not the most popular, nor the best, furry guild on Gaia. You can't even trust the numbers since people leaving or being booted does not make the count go down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:07 am
Seems like I only sign up to buzz around the zOMG forum a bit and perhaps do a little ss farming now a days. I've tried joining another fur guild, but honestly it seemed nearly as dead as this and seemingly devoid of any real discussion. =(  

Krissim Klaw

Pixel Acorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 am
My artistic spirit is down for the first time in awhile. I've started to feel a strain on my nerves from the two scams in the past week that have made me feel like my art isn't worth the money to pay me for it. I can't lower my prices again, they're so low as it is that I barely make money when I do get a commission. I'm feeling extremely stressed right now  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 am
Asphy- if you don't mind me asking how much do you usually charge for pieces? I'm still trying to work on my prices and it would be nice to know what other artists are charging. Seems currently I am lucky to make minimum wage if I calculate the hours spent working on a piece. Probably why I am not hat big into doing commissions.  

Krissim Klaw

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 am

Actually Artemis Vulpes, I'm on here most every day at least once or twice... Sometimes I forget to check/approve the new member apps for a few days at a time, but I still take care of that and look the guild over... but I mostly gave up on trying to contribute anything because I'm all too aware that I'm not exactly the most liked/likeable person anymore and I honestly just don't have anything more to give.

I did what I could for this guild years back, but anything I had to offer of any use is long since gone. I have noticed though that the other co-admins and many of the mods have also pretty much given up on this place, and I really can't blame them. It bothers me to see the guild reduced to this from it's once point of glory (remember when we were in the top 10 largest guilds on Gaia list for so very long), but I was a very different person back then... and things change all too much as the years go by for some of us.

I've honestly considered just closing the guild on a few occasions, but as long as it serves some use to someone then I guess there is no harm in leaving it here.

I'm sorry I abandoned you all, but I'm still here... in the shadows... just incase anyone should ever need anything from me that I can actually give... but as time has shown, that's not app to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am
Krissim Klaw
Asphy- if you don't mind me asking how much do you usually charge for pieces? I'm still trying to work on my prices and it would be nice to know what other artists are charging. Seems currently I am lucky to make minimum wage if I calculate the hours spent working on a piece. Probably why I am not hat big into doing commissions.
I charge $10 for sketches, $30 for full colors in digital, $40 for traditional. There's also several smaller things I do for cheaper  

Pixel Acorn

Kurick-teh-dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:07 am
Krissim Klaw

lolz dude your avatar is.....LOLZ!!! cluttered BAD
anyway i dont know you so my first impression is gonna be an A-hole but!! i can redeem myself, i can do avatar art but it will be in shades of gray and some blue and red, and since we're comrades (guild wise) i can make you one for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lolz, i draw stuff for my friends and occasionaly design websites and signs/posters for people on craig's list o.e
not to you know brag, but im pretty good with a pen and pencil. LOLZ that reminds me of when i got my political cartoon published in the local newspaper...they only gave me 25 dollars.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:40 am
J.Kougar

Actually Artemis Vulpes, I'm on here most every day at least once or twice... Sometimes I forget to check/approve the new member apps for a few days at a time, but I still take care of that and look the guild over... but I mostly gave up on trying to contribute anything because I'm all too aware that I'm not exactly the most liked/likeable person anymore and I honestly just don't have anything more to give.

I did what I could for this guild years back, but anything I had to offer of any use is long since gone. I have noticed though that the other co-admins and many of the mods have also pretty much given up on this place, and I really can't blame them. It bothers me to see the guild reduced to this from it's once point of glory (remember when we were in the top 10 largest guilds on Gaia list for so very long), but I was a very different person back then... and things change all too much as the years go by for some of us.

I've honestly considered just closing the guild on a few occasions, but as long as it serves some use to someone then I guess there is no harm in leaving it here.

I'm sorry I abandoned you all, but I'm still here... in the shadows... just incase anyone should ever need anything from me that I can actually give... but as time has shown, that's not app to happen.

I was actually speaking of Zanzibar. He just has up and disappeared on us. I know he still get on Gaia now and then, but we have not heard hide nor hair of him. A guild needs leadership, guidance and some sort of direction, not to mention constant maintenance.

There has only so much I have been able to do as a mod without over stepping my bounds.

Having an active administration helps as well. This place could still be salvaged, if the time was ever took to actually clean up the excess bulk of long forgotten thread, unneeded forums and inactive users.

Artemis Vulpes

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:21 pm
If there is a Great Trek to another more popular and active guild amongst people, please inform me so that I can stalk and lurk in that guild instead.

I know I come every night to log in, manage finances and make investments, check up on a few threads, and contribute nothing while spying on people in my favorite daily soap opera. It's my way of showing I'm still here and care. I still remember the day when whatshisname became pregnant with youknowwho's baby. Ohhh, the controversy there. Lets not forget the cheating and backstabbing in the name of power and greed amongst the mods! Oh man, last season was a doozy! I can't wait to see what's planned this season!

There should be like a contest to get viewers involved. Maybe where one lucky winner can be a guest?! surprised
(Note: Just to make sure everyone knows this, I'm joking. I don't actually think that. It's just a commentary on how I never do anything here yet I keep coming back for apparently no reason.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 pm
Artemis Vulpes
J.Kougar

I was actually speaking of Zanzibar. He just has up and disappeared on us. I know he still get on Gaia now and then, but we have not heard hide nor hair of him. A guild needs leadership, guidance and some sort of direction, not to mention constant maintenance.

There has only so much I have been able to do as a mod without over stepping my bounds.

Having an active administration helps as well. This place could still be salvaged, if the time was ever took to actually clean up the excess bulk of long forgotten thread, unneeded forums and inactive users.

There is clearly only one thing to do, transfer guild powers to me, because we all know I'm far too obsessed about Gaia for my own good. mad

Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving the place a complete overhaul and trying to revive it, but I would pretty much need someone like J or Zanz (not sure who really owns it now) to give me permission to have at it and feel free to delete/change/ and do what I please while revamping the place. Like Arty is saying, its just too hard for us mods to really do anything because we don't want to step on any toes. The only way a guild can thrive is if the leader is one of the most involved people in the place. That is why the guild once thrived, because J as unlikable as you seem to think you are, when you were active you did breath live into this place. ^.~

Edit- if Zanz is truly as inactive as he seems to be, than it sounds like it is time for him to pass the the torch. =3  

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm
Pixel Acorn
I charge $10 for sketches, $30 for full colors in digital, $40 for traditional. There's also several smaller things I do for cheaper
Ahh, okay, not that far off my prices though I do charge a bit more. I also haven't been doing much traditional lately. Digital is just so much easier because there is nothing to ship. XP

Matthew-is-army- Clutter, clutter? You clearly know little of me since I am and always have been the guilds residence clutterwhore.

Do you have any set prices for what you usually charge? I wasn't really looking to buy art, just see what other artists were charging so I could reevaluate what I charge. However if you are offering free art I'm certainly not going to turn it down. XD  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games