Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Randomization Pokemon Tourney [Completed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 pm
Deathguiser
anybody have a useful movset for kangaskhan? SHigeru isn't on to give his outrageous yet very well thought out move sets.

I'm not sure about "useful", but here's a functional moveset:
Warning: This set does not work well if you're paranoid about Quick Attack/Sandstorm. If you change the berry to Leftovers, it'll work better, though.
Kangaskhan@Liechi Berry
Jolly nature
Scrappy
EVs: almost max HP, ??? Speed, rest in Attack
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Reversal
-Sucker Punch
Substitute to start. If sub doesn't break, Focus Punch. When HP's at 1 or berry activates, Reversal. Sucker Punch to finish or to outspeed Quick Attack.
Make sure Kanga's HP is 405, 409, or 413, or the Substitute/Liechi/Reversal combo won't work as well.
??? speed means I don't know how high its Speed has to be to outspeed some of the faster Pokés that are standard fare.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:54 pm
nitnit
Lumineon, Roserade, and I think Slowking are not OU. Also, the t-tar won't do him much good since everything there except for Skarmory gets hurt by sandstorm.

Skarmory is a HUGE wall nearly none of our current pokemon can get though the defensives of. Plus, Slowking and Roserade are BL, which is pretty damn close to OU.

The Veil

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:55 pm
nitnit
Lumineon, Roserade, and I think Slowking are not OU. Also, the t-tar won't do him much good since everything there except for Skarmory gets hurt by sandstorm.

Yes, there's that, but it's a far cry above my team, which might barely qualify for borderline UU...
edit: mental typo
I have one poké that's either high BL or OU, and 3 that, at best, qualify as UU. The other 2 are NU. (Bad number generator. No treat.)
EDIT 2:I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, though...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:02 pm
darkslasherX
The Veil
Chaotix Bluix
eek I can't believe I rolled this, but here it is eek

1. 93(Gardevoir)
2. 195(Lumineon)
3. 74(Skarmory)
4. 170(Roserade)
5. 83(Tyranitar)
6. 56(Slowking)

Great, now you're the only one with an almost completely OU team...
Wanna trade teams?

Obviously, I'm missing something here. Would someone either explain what a OU is or at least give me a link so I can get it plus anything else I should know?
Not the whole team. Maybe one or two for a good deal, but at least let me try to play with them a little bit.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:04 pm
The Veil
nitnit

Skarmory is a HUGE wall nearly none of our current pokemon can get though the defensives of. Plus, Slowking and Roserade are BL, which is pretty damn close to OU.

i have 1HKO a skarmory with a life orbed thunder punch fro man electivire.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:06 pm
Chaotix Bluix
darkslasherX
The Veil
Chaotix Bluix
eek I can't believe I rolled this, but here it is eek

1. 93(Gardevoir)
2. 195(Lumineon)
3. 74(Skarmory)
4. 170(Roserade)
5. 83(Tyranitar)
6. 56(Slowking)

Great, now you're the only one with an almost completely OU team...
Wanna trade teams?

Obviously, I'm missing something here. Would someone either explain what a OU is or at least give me a link so I can get it plus anything else I should know?
Not the whole team. Maybe one or two for a good deal, but at least let me try to play with them a little bit.

OU means overused, which indicates the best Pokémon legal for tournament use. (Ubers are not allowed.)
Borderline is just below OU, and UU means underused, named for fairly obvious reasons.
NU means never used, generally because they suck and/or aren't fully evolved.
EDIT: typos  

darkslasherX
Crew

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:09 pm
Deathguiser
The Veil
nitnit

i have 1HKO a skarmory with a life orbed thunder punch fro man electivire.

Yes, with a electivire. But I doubt you could do the same with a Luvdic. Correct?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:11 pm
Uh, I just looked at that pokes stats, he can't really do that to anything.....thats just kind of sad man......really any electric flame pokemon could beat a skarm, with the exception of things like pachirisu or something.  

Deathguiser

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:15 pm
Deathguiser
Uh, I just looked at that pokes stats, he can't really do that to anything.....thats just kind of sad man......really any electric flame pokemon could beat a skarm, with the exception of things like pachirisu or something.

That is exactly what I mean. Normally most people have ways to counter such things, but here, if you get the wrong Pokemon, it's nearly impossible.

I'm not complaining, though. Just pointing it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:17 pm
to be honsest veil I feel bad for you, you got some crap to wrok with, least you managed to get rid of pachirisu.  

Deathguiser

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:19 pm
Deathguiser
to be honsest veil I feel bad for you, you got some crap to wrok with, least you managed to get rid of pachirisu.

I know. But at least I managed to get a Bronzong, Weezing, and Hitmonchan. If anything, those guys are gonna be my support for this tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:19 pm
The Veil
Deathguiser

That is exactly what I mean. Normally most people have ways to counter such things, but here, if you get the wrong Pokemon, it's nearly impossible.

I have 2 Pokés that can KO Skarm, but one can be fried easily by a single Drill Peck, and the other needs to 2HKO or 3HKO it.
Just to illustrate the "wrong Pokémon" portion.  

darkslasherX
Crew

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 pm
darkslasherX
The Veil
Deathguiser

I have 2 Pokés that can KO Skarm, but one can be fried easily by a single Drill Peck, and the other needs to 2HKO or 3HKO it.
Just to illustrate the "wrong Pokémon" portion.

By then time you cut it's HP in half, it would have already been swithced out to something that can take care of the threat.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:22 pm
Deathguiser

I kinda feel sorry for almost everyone, including myself.  

darkslasherX
Crew

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:26 pm
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

I kinda feel sorry for almost everyone, including myself.

However, I feel this is an opportunity to show what I can really do. By making an effective and formidable team with the thing I have, I hope to have a chance in this tournament.

If anything, I wanna go out with a bang.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff