Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Clannad TV Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I agree. They could have ended Clannad better.

It couldn't be helped. Clannad had way too much to fit into 22 + 2 episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:38 pm
Nine; No probs. I love to do anime analysis, probably one of my favorite things to do.

And I agree, Tomoya and his dad was probably one of the more groundbreaking relationships in the series, but they simply left it in the open. I mean, Tomoya is still living with Nagisa for peat's sake @_@

Well, how interesting would an anime be if it was SOLELY based on family? They had to put romance to make it somewhat interesting I suppose.

Really now, I believe if it was like, not KyoAni the ones who produced the exact same anime, it would be considered higher. KyoAni unfortunately sets a high bar for all of their anime.

And yeah, I noticed a lack of Fuko. She appeared for no reason every other time. Why not bring her back for the time when she should actually be there? D:

0cean; True true. Some people said in order to get EVERYTHING for the visual novel in, it would take about 32 episodes to skim through everything, 52 to get a complete thing done. They wouldn't go that far for Clannad to skip out on their major cash cow Haruhi 3nodding

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:12 am
0ceanBlue
I agree. They could have ended Clannad better.

It couldn't be helped. Clannad had way too much to fit into 22 + 2 episodes.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The real ending is episode 24 you know. Episode 23 may be fan service, but the DVD-Only episode 24 is part of the story.

...at least you have influence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 am
Well, if they had firmly established family first then they could do whatever romance. The romance seemed to be tack on. I know that in the visual novel that Tomoya+Nagisa is the main couple but still...

Do you know how long we have to wait for the OVA? July 16. I consider Maybe we get to see Fuko in the OVA. Does anyone know if she ever woke up in the visual novel?  

00NINE-1
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm
00NINE-1
Well, if they had firmly established family first then they could do whatever romance. The romance seemed to be tack on. I know that in the visual novel that Tomoya+Nagisa is the main couple but still...

Do you know how long we have to wait for the OVA? July 16. I consider Maybe we get to see Fuko in the OVA. Does anyone know if she ever woke up in the visual novel?
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

It is a visual novel.

I 100% guarantee you she wakes up if you go all the way with her, just like Ayu.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:40 am
Yeah, I found out that the part where Fuuko appeared in front of her sister at the wedding was supposed to be the awakened Fuuko. The anime showed her still as a ghost.

I also got some news.

"According to the Dengeki G's Magazine 2008 May issue, Kyoto animation will make the second season of CLANNAD titled "CLANNAD AFTER STORY". The voice actors and the production staffs are the same as the first season. Director Ishihara wondered whether they should finish the CLANNAD anime at the end of Nagisa's main arc or continue to the after story, but they decided to make the second season after long discussions."

SOURCE

If I read correctly, the visual novel's After Story arc is set a couple of years in the future. Tomoya and Nagisa is married and have a daughter, Ushio. I also read that After Story is really tragic. Supposed to be a cryfest.

I want to see TMoHS first though.  

00NINE-1
Crew

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh, you got here before I did.

Yeah, I heard the After Story was really tragic. Well, this helps the people who were complaining about the lack of closure in the first season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 pm
I'm late to the party again? D:

Anyways, After Story is suppose to the the brawl-your-eyes-arc so get your two tissue boxes ready ;o

*for those who do not get it, watch this *

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:31 pm
00NINE-1
Yeah, I found out that the part where Fuuko appeared in front of her sister at the wedding was supposed to be the awakened Fuuko. The anime showed her still as a ghost.

I also got some news.

"According to the Dengeki G's Magazine 2008 May issue, Kyoto animation will make the second season of CLANNAD titled "CLANNAD AFTER STORY". The voice actors and the production staffs are the same as the first season. Director Ishihara wondered whether they should finish the CLANNAD anime at the end of Nagisa's main arc or continue to the after story, but they decided to make the second season after long discussions."

SOURCE

If I read correctly, the visual novel's After Story arc is set a couple of years in the future. Tomoya and Nagisa is married and have a daughter, Ushio. I also read that After Story is really tragic. Supposed to be a cryfest.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The After Story is similar to the second Clannad game, which focuses on Tomoyo, rather than Tomoya.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:04 am
Onicept
00NINE-1

I also got some news.

SOURCE

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The After Story is similar to the second Clannad game, which focuses on Tomoyo, rather than Tomoya.

Wrong. That's Tomoyo After, not After Story. After Story is a part of the Clannad game, while Tomoyo After is a more-or-less non-canonical game [not off of the main storyline, but still by KEY] centered around Tomoyo.  

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:22 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
00NINE-1

I also got some news.

SOURCE

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Wrong. That's Tomoyo After, not After Story. After Story is a part of the Clannad game, while Tomoyo After is a more-or-less non-canonical game [not off of the main storyline, but still by KEY] centered around Tomoyo.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

But still involving the other characters like Tomoya, but this version is a hentai visual novel game, unlike the original.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm
Clannad is divided into two arcs: school life arc and after story arc.

1st season is, of course, about school life. 2nd season will be after graduation life, which is the after story arc.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:24 pm
I was really hoping they would animate Tomoyo After, maybe after FMP and Haruhi is done they'll animate either that or Little Busters, another Key game based on adolescence and growing up. If you look around, you can find the 4koma of it, and it looks a lot better than Clannad, but then again the school life part of Clannad is said to be worse than the After Story domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:35 pm
SirBaka
I was really hoping they would animate Tomoyo After, maybe after FMP and Haruhi is done they'll animate either that or Little Busters, another Key game based on adolescence and growing up. If you look around, you can find the 4koma of it, and it looks a lot better than Clannad, but then again the school life part of Clannad is said to be worse than the After Story domokun

I "wiki-ed" Little Busters and was not surprised to find that it is a drama, harem, and romance title. There is a continuous flow of romance anime that it's almost nauseating. I don't think I can stand seeing another love triangle for awhile. Although Little Busters' artwork looks hot.

I would actually like KyoAni to stop animating Key's work and focus on other works mainly giving me Haruhi and another season of Lucky Star. Or an original work since all they been doing is pretty much just adaptations.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:51 pm
Of course. It was a visual novel. It's a rule of thumb that visual novels are romance, though, Little Busters does have some action in it domokun
And the main character is hot ;o

Seriously? I think they're doing a wonderful job. And Lucky Star? A second season? I can seriously not see how that's gonna work out. A spin off with another character as the main person? Maybe. A full fledged second season? Never. It was an anime based around high school. Unless they use different characters, they won't make a sequel for it.

Though, I'd love it if KyoAni made a Vocaloid anime ;o

And most anime are adaptations of things. Though, some of the best anime have to be anime originals, like Cowboy Bebop and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to name a few. I'd love to see how KyoAni would deal with an original title. It'll probably be a romance anime though, seeing how that's KyoAni's strong point.

And you can't stand another love triange? Sucks for you and the new year. Practically all of them are of the romance genre. o-o;;

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff