Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Hijab Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You wear hijab?
I am a male!
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
I wear it, and i like to wear it!
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I wear it, and i hate to waer it!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I don't wear it!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 pm
Zaaki

What do the qur'an say is your aurat?

the Qur'an says that the aurat of women will be their whole body except the face. that's what i have read. also, your hands can be seen by others(specifically, men)... but Allah, love women who cover their whole aurat with the hands and feet while praying... it means that it we (women) should pray with covering our aurat except the face.. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 pm
i wore hijab hen i was young(almost 7) because all my cousins are older than i am and were wearing hijab and i felt like an outsider! Though my mom tried to convince my out of it-i was really young-i was determind!
At first, everything was alright and i was praised and all that. However, when i grew up, i realised that it was a mistake and that i shouldnt have done it at such an age scream And now...when i think about it, i sounds right since i am totally covered in a way no one can say that it is not right or good enuf. But on other times, since its really hot and annoying to be wearing long sleeves and so on, i feel lioke taking it of but i know that i wont Because i will feel guilty! Then a chain of bad stuff will happen to me then i'll end up wearing it again

So, why go all through this??? I've known girls who took it off...not good for their social life! Some girl's uncle didnt talk to her until she started wearing it again!!!!!  

o_-falling up-_x

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:15 am
luv-life-4eva
i wore hijab hen i was young(almost 7) because all my cousins are older than i am and were wearing hijab and i felt like an outsider! Though my mom tried to convince my out of it-i was really young-i was determind!
At first, everything was alright and i was praised and all that. However, when i grew up, i realised that it was a mistake and that i shouldnt have done it at such an age scream And now...when i think about it, i sounds right since i am totally covered in a way no one can say that it is not right or good enuf. But on other times, since its really hot and annoying to be wearing long sleeves and so on, i feel lioke taking it of but i know that i wont Because i will feel guilty! Then a chain of bad stuff will happen to me then i'll end up wearing it again

So, why go all through this??? I've known girls who took it off...not good for their social life! Some girl's uncle didnt talk to her until she started wearing it again!!!!!
wait so now improving social life among muslims is reason enough to wear a hijab?
And I think this superstition about bad things happening to you if you don't wear your hijab is downright...naive and childish [for lack of a better word].
You should wear it because you believe that it identifies you as a Muslim female and because you hold modesty in high regard. And that you do not idolize your body nor indulge in lustful activities because of being chaste and modest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm
luv-life-4eva

wait so now improving social life among muslims is reason enough to wear a hijab?
And I think this superstition about bad things happening to you if you don't wear your hijab is downright...naive and childish [for lack of a better word].
You should wear it because you believe that it identifies you as a Muslim female and because you hold modesty in high regard. And that you do not idolize your body nor indulge in lustful activities because of being chaste and modest.

That's right biggrin  

Zaakii

0_o___V

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 pm
YAY!!! FER HAJABS!!!!! heart blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
The people who wear hijab for some other reason and not for Allah (SWT) don't get anything out of it cuz their intention is wrong. I wear a hijab every time i go to the masjid and sometimes when i'm feeling all happy and thinking about nothing but Allah (SWT). i've worn it a few times to stores and stuff, and i've also worn it to my school's open house twice, but that's all. Last year, i almost actually made up my mind to wear it, but then for some reason i changed it again. I think the reason most girls don't wear them is cuz they think it doesn't look good on them and that they look better with it off. i think that's the problem with me, but i'm not sure. I know that wearing a hijab is a test for all women to see who's strong enough to cover their beauty, but i just can't get myself to do it! and I really feel guilty sometimes but not always. Two of my friends at school wear it (but one of them doesn't wear it in gym), and i thought it would make me feel guilty but it doesn't. I just feel...proud of them i guess, and Insha' Allah i'll wear it when i get to high school.

-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:41 am
Zaaki
Asalamu'alykum! I wonder why some muslim womens wear hijab, and some don't... I personaly think it's a rule to wear hijab if you are a girl.
What do u people think?

Hijaab is mandatory in Islam. It is written in the Qur'an that the hair should be covered (as hair is a very attractive part to women).......and women should wear a coat or sweater that covers there arms and goes up to their hips.

Also.......the legs should not be shown.

Hijaab cannot be forced.....and must be Muslims woman's personal choice. A woman with a lot of imaan will wear the prescribed dress (hijaab+coat).

If a woman is forced to wear the hijaab, against her will, then the women will not get blessings from God........and the person who forced her to wear it will have sinned.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:43 am
Ratri_Cat
oh.
I thought women made a personal choice about wearing the hijab...I didn't think it was mandatory.... sweatdrop

It is mandatory. But, females make a personal choice to wear it. It depends on a females level of religiousness.

Females cannot be forced into it. That would be a sin.

But, not wearing the scarf does not mean that a specific women will go to hell.

We see today in the west, many Arabic females wearing head-scarves.......but also wearing loads of make-up and tight cloths........in this case there is no point in the woman wearing the head scarf as she is not getting any blessings from Allah. The purpose of the head scarf is so that a woman become modest in her appearance and in her actions. No modesty and a headscarf will not get a woman any blessings.

And it has been my personal experience.....that after I started wearing the headscarf........I increased a lot in my spirituality.  

Pheonixia

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 am
Ratri_Cat
mmm....so that's what the seargent meant when he was stationed in Iraq and said that he saw a lot of men in mandresses.....

That is their cultural dress. It is not prescribed by Islam.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Your suppose to wear a hijab as a female... its the rule, like it or not... if not a hijab then wear some thing that covers your head (hair, not face) and also boobs area and legs (you get the picture)

wait...
If i get married to my muslim man, am I obligated to wear one?
I'm in the military...wearing something like that is out of uniform...not allowed.
sorry, it's a bit off topic
it sparked my curiosity. sweatdrop

No....and yes.

Yes....because according to the Bible and Torah women are told to cover their heads, and dress modestly.

If you convert to being a Muslim....then you will have to.

But, assuming you don't convert it will be your own personal choice......and you will not have to cover your head just because you are married to a Muslim man. If he tries to force you to wear it......tell him to force is against Islamic principles.  

Pheonixia

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:57 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules, i dont like wearing them, in fact i hate it but i still wear it cause i dont want to get any gunna (sins)

....how do you get sins for not wearing something on your head?

That's not why you would sin. You would sin because it is a commandment of Allah......and not obeying His commandment would be the sin.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 am
Ratri_Cat
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules, i dont like wearing them, in fact i hate it but i still wear it cause i dont want to get any gunna (sins)

....how do you get sins for not wearing something on your head?

Because even hair is aurat...
Ever heard the words, "hair is female's crown"?
Hijab was made to avoid zina (illegal sexual intercourse/relation). You know how do men brains operate.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

i find that even with something on the head men still don't think clearly when they see a pretty face.

That is why women are advised to cover half their face too. I don't do that part though, as I go to school and it is not mandatory.

But, my personal experience is that even with western men (when I am on transit) they seem to respect me more because I am wearing the hijaab.......and tend not to stare at my face because of my head covering. Though sometimes, out of curiosity, they do stare at my head covering.

Quote:
it's a natural urge that can be controlled...

It can be controlled. If it wasn't controlled then their would be men raping women randomly all the time.

Quote:
what about guys? shouldn't they wear something on their heads too? why just women? is it because we have better self-control?

Guys are taught not to not grow out their hair, etc. During prayers, men wear hats. And guys hair is not looked at as a large sign of their attractiveness. Whereas woman's hair is. The proof that woman's hair is more attractive then males...is the fact that in commercials hair products are usually aimed at females.  

Pheonixia

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 am
Soo females must wear hijab! Can someone write a clear document of hijab, that i can show my sister?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:10 pm
-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-
The people who wear hijab for some other reason and not for Allah (SWT) don't get anything out of it cuz their intention is wrong. I wear a hijab every time i go to the masjid and sometimes when i'm feeling all happy and thinking about nothing but Allah (SWT). i've worn it a few times to stores and stuff, and i've also worn it to my school's open house twice, but that's all. Last year, i almost actually made up my mind to wear it, but then for some reason i changed it again. I think the reason most girls don't wear them is cuz they think it doesn't look good on them and that they look better with it off. i think that's the problem with me, but i'm not sure. I know that wearing a hijab is a test for all women to see who's strong enough to cover their beauty, but i just can't get myself to do it! and I really feel guilty sometimes but not always. Two of my friends at school wear it (but one of them doesn't wear it in gym), and i thought it would make me feel guilty but it doesn't. I just feel...proud of them i guess, and Insha' Allah i'll wear it when i get to high school.

There are people that wear it for pure modesty reasons. I am not one of them, but there are people out there. They just don't like guys staring at them constantly. Also, there are people that get sunburned easily.

I think you should (as my non-muslim opinion) wear the hijab only if you understand the reasons behind why you are wearing it. If you are just doing it because the Qur'an tells you to, you have no means to get spiritally closer to Allah (God in my language, sorry if I spelled his name wrong).  

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 am
ffdarkangel

I think you should (as my non-muslim opinion) wear the hijab only if you understand the reasons behind why you are wearing it. If you are just doing it because the Qur'an tells you to, you have no means to get spiritually closer to Allah

beautifully said. I agree in my Muslim opinion. wink

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces