Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 am
Maze353
I've started it. I'm already tried of them making such a big deal about the kids turning loup. I get that preventing that is the driving issue in this book but they just keep agonizing about "oh no what if I want to have some screaming brats will they go crazy?" I get it, stop dwelling on it and go do something about it.

If you read ebooks I finished one that reminded me a lot of Kate Daniels' world. It's called Pactum by Nicholas Taylor.

Yeah, the set-up was annoying, too. But mostly it gets better, aside from relationship idiocy and Curran being a dumbass.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 pm
I lost my book! I'd just gotten to the pirate battle and now I can't find it! Gah!  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 pm
o:

Oh snap. That sucks. The book's barely any good until after they get to Europe.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 pm
Found it! Now to get back to reading...  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm
Maze353

It wasn't too bad. I was glad to see some development on the Kate vs. Roland front, and to get to know more about Hugh. The crap with Lorelei was annoying. Seriously, was that the best plot device they could come up with? Not Aunt B! Kill off Mahon or somebody, but not Aunt B.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm
Maze353
Maze353

It wasn't too bad. I was glad to see some development on the Kate vs. Roland front, and to get to know more about Hugh. The crap with Lorelei was annoying. Seriously, was that the best plot device they could come up with? Not Aunt B! Kill off Mahon or somebody, but not Aunt B.

I know, right. ): I like Aunt B. I miss her.

Yes, the entire Lorelei thing was stupid, random, and pretty out-of-character for everyone. Dumb dumb dumb. But that's just more relationships-are-stupid in basically all their books.

At least the rest of it is good.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm
I'd forgotten Lennart was Curran's surname and was confused for a few paragraphs as to why Hugh and Kral kept calling him that. xd

It was nice to get to learn a bit more about shifters too. Can't wait for the next one!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 pm
I totally forgot that, too. rofl I was like, "Who the hell are they talking about?!"

Yep, still totally excited for the next one. Hopefully the relationship drama cools down a little, but even so the plots are still really good and I still like the characters.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:17 pm
Magic Breaks is scheduled for release July 2014.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:44 pm
Aw man, nothing in between this time? That's so far away...  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 pm
So, they have a new book coming out in October called Burn for Me. It's the first in the Hidden Legacy series. It looks like one of those books where we get to read in graphic detail exactly how babies are made... stare

And a short story in an anthology called Night Shift, out in November.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:12 pm
But at least the new Kate book comes out next week? XD

The cover of Burn for Me definitely looks like a cliche romance cover... The synopsis almost sounds like all the other love stories Ilona Andrews writes. I can't figure out if they will start out hating each other, though. But the kidnapping part is not promising..

Looking at the rest of the website (since I never go there), Clean Sweep looks like it could be interesting. Too bad I missed reading it as a free online thing.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:47 am
Can't wait for Magic Breaks, but it's hardcover so I wont get to read it for a while.

I think I'm going to pass on Burn for Me.

If you want, I can email you a copy of Clean Sweep. I copied it off the website when it was free so I could read it on my kindle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:24 pm
Hardcover?! Gross! I was hoping she would stick to having paperback releases. Boo.

I'm gonna see what the reviews say about Burn for Me before I make any decisions.

Ooo, that would be great!  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 pm
It should be in your inbox. Enjoy!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash