Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Got Ideas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Origamidude

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:52 pm
My idea for an Original Character Battle Royal still stands. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:02 pm
to: the main people who run this joint

its slightly insulting.

the ABR is ~NOT~ for the use of ones own popularity gain.

it is for creativity and Art comics and fighting~!

i think you should make up main characters for events and not use yourselfs.

it didnt have personal favorites before and it was perfect that way.
why does there need to be ones Now?

also...
if your going to tell me why....
no cheap reasons now, Thats just Low.
neutral  

Ragtime Mouse

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:42 pm
This is all the way I've seen things through my eyes. I don't know exactly what the other mods think or how they'll react, so don't let what I say influence what... they say. Kay?

Well, I'm surprised to even read that.

I mean, as far as I know, none of us had the intention of building a fanbase while doing... what we do here. >> And the reason/s I give you will probably be really cheap, but they're... well, true.

So, once again, we never intended to just draw our characters for those purposes. If we did, we probably kept it to ourselves. But in my point of view, none of us have ever done this for personal gain. Unless, by personal gain, you mean "having fun" and whatnot. Because that's what we're doing, we're just having fun.

At the beginning we never thought to make up new characters. At least, I didn't. Not only that, but we just never had time to make up new characters in the beginning. I mean, gods, it's hard. And so, why not use our own avatars? They're right there, already created and we've always been drawing them. We know these characters, Ragtime and we're comfortable using them.

I mean, if this were all just for popularity gain, then explain to me why we barely post in the fight threads?

And. Well... That's all I can think of right now.

But damn, we sure as hell didn't do this for fame or fortune. I see this, at least now I do, as practice. And it's good practice too. The events; good practice for comic making, even if they are a little spontanious. Our characters; good practice for character development.... even though they don't really develop. >> But still, you get what I'm saying?

I can't help feeling just a little insulted as well. I'll admit that I can be an attention whore, but damn.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:09 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

Rain-D-block-General-xAx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:16 am
I was going to suggest in order to you know, rectify that problem Ragtime has is possibly, let everyone's avatar have a chance of introducing an event.

It'd be a responsibility and probably only for those who can manage doing it, but it would deffinatly give everyone a chance to be the damsel in distress or the hero for five pages or something to start an event.

I don't know, sounded good in my head. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:32 pm
That sounds like a good idea, Prophet. I'd totally be up with that. D:

Hell, I'm totally up with that. I don't know about the head-honcho though. ;D We'll see, we'll see. I also like the idea of people hosting their own mini-event too, in their own threads. :B But then that'd get too cluttered.

Soooo. Yeah. Your idea = <3.

All we'd need now is people who'd be willing enough to go through with it. D:  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Origamidude

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Origamidude
... No feedback? D:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 pm
Origamidude
Origamidude
... No feedback? D:

yush yush original character battle royal is a must! If you wish to start it you can ^_^ (I just don't have any fighting original characters) so if you'd like to kick it off please do so ^_^  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:25 pm
I thought I replied to that a while ago. o.o

Anyhow, I think it's a neat idea. Dunno what Marshu or Chole may think. <3
But I personally like it, it would be interesting, but I guess some people may... have to have a limit on the number of characters they can bring in? For example, I have 58+ characters. Submitting all of them would hurt my brain.

Ah hahhh! But if an OCBR opened up, there could be an info thread on your characters in the Info Ward. :B That's be interesting to see. I'd love to bring in my character with no eyes. D:

Marshu says: (no colour edit cuz I'm lazy) I'd love to see your guys go at it! and chole's characters are made for fighting X3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:28 pm
Prophet Neko
I was going to suggest in order to you know, rectify that problem Ragtime has is possibly, let everyone's avatar have a chance of introducing an event.

It'd be a responsibility and probably only for those who can manage doing it, but it would deffinatly give everyone a chance to be the damsel in distress or the hero for five pages or something to start an event.

I don't know, sounded good in my head. gonk

I'd so dig it if people did that but, we need people who would follow through with it. (like pie said) and to have a whole bunch of willy nilly events all at once would be crazy ness. 3nodding

But i shall take this into deep thought and think of a way to make it work.  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:30 pm
Well. For any up coming events, we could make a thread announcing... for any takers, y'know (but at least a month before it actually happens. o__O To give 'em time, y'know)? And then we can pick and choose who we think can carry it out. Or people can vote? Maybe voting takes too long.

OHOHOH. AND THERE CAN BE COLLABORATIOOOOOONNNSS! <3 How exciting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:36 pm
Collabs are always sexy, But events are usual random and last minute things X3 but I geuss we could always think ahead (thats something new). And voting would seem to much like a popularity contest.... and we don't want that. BUT!!! maybe we could make a contest out of it! Like say to every one "Draw a 4-7 page comic depicting an event" and the winner will be determined on the atraction and apeal and effort put in to it.  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:11 pm
Yeah. biggrin I like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:23 pm
I was thinking. You know how we have the damage battle royal? Well, what if when one is over, you pick the winner and send him/her a PM asking if they would be willing to lead the next event. It can be completely random so that not every DBR winner will be an event leader. It seems like that would be a good impartial way of deciding, and we can just make it so you can't host twice in a row. I hope that this is a good idea. sweatdrop  

Baka Keiichi

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 pm
But if they win, what if they're not willing enough to do it? Or... They just don't do it? XD

I think we'd make a little contest of sorts and anyone who wants to enter can enter. That way, we know that the people who DO enter it actually want to host an event themselves, or with other people.

And to make it so they don't host twice in a row, the winners won't be able to host until the after the next event.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff