Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 am
Only to have Deron take her place.
Now, Deron was usually a rather energetic boy; friendly, boasting, and ever so helpful when it came to assisting others. He did not really have any issues of self esteem and never had any of the usual issues of insecurity that most normal human beings might have.

Which was why when the rather surprised boy of fifteen literally sprung from the ring of dissapearing runes, rolled forward a few times and finally landed on his back, buck naked, he was able to blink some life back into his sun abused eyes to try to clear his vision and see the Goddess standing more or less above him, with no real thought of consequence.
Though only for a split second before calmly crossing his leg over and holding it with his hand, conveniently holding it over his groin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:46 pm
Aväris chuckled and Maar laughed uproariously at Strider's reaction. Such squeaks! Putting the book away, Aväris headed toward the hole while Maar gently scooped Strider up and held him against his flat belly, providing warmth and security at the same time. He followed Aväris out of the library, sweeping the air with his wings.

The flihvas soared out of the library, adjusting their wingtips for minute turns and banking to avoid marble structures and other flihvas. At this time of day, most flihvas were inside, avoiding the heat reflected off the marble and into the air. However, several were still out for the simple joy of flight and courtship in the air. Aväris and Maar weaved in and out between flying couples, Maar shielding the tiny tabby from view with his hands.

The palace loomed into view and Aväris swooped down to the second floor and disappeared into one of the wide windows. Maar circled the palace a few times before following suit.

Within the palace, the air was cooler and the light not as harsh. Because Aväris's room was close by, Maar set Strider down on the marble floor to let him regain balance after flying about so much.  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm

||Yes, I think this is one of the best RPs I've ever been in. It's a great idea, really. And no, I'm not sure about the human realm. "Aleah'Cim" is being tossed about for now, as I'm not sure whether that should be the name of the flihva realm or the human realm. :]||

Lyra breathed a sigh of relief as the human disappeared from sight. Her runes, of course, had done their job, though she should have added several more to disable the creature's voice box. So much screaming! There were no horrible monsters on the human realm. Dangerous ones, yes, she would grant them that, but none horrible and none smart enough to attack in masses. The girl was a lunatic and Lyra felt she had let the girl down by creating something so strange. The odd thing was, she didn't recall creating the girl, yet how could she be here otherwise?

Her train of thought was cut off by the sudden appearance of another human, this time a male. He was naked as well. It tumbled from the air out of nowhere and landed on its back revealing itself in all its young human glory. Not that there was much to glorify, Lyra thought drily. Then she realized. Where had this human come from? There was no trace of magic in the air, not that she could feel anyway. Where were they all coming from? Lyra felt a moment's despair, imagining that the appearance of humans would never cease.

"Who are you?" Lyra demanded, an air of annoyance and disgust cloying the air about the two. She could just tell this human was not the same as the one before. He was not the same as the sniveling, whiney, lunatic girl who had come before him. This could be a problem, though it was better than the girl. She couldn't stand helplessness.

The goddess thought about the possible choices she had. She could kill the thing, that was easy enough to do. But what if another human appeared in its place? The same thing might happen if she got rid of it like she got rid of the girl. She could always... keep it. Lyra could imprison it, though that would attract attention. Then there was always the option of imprisonment in animal form. Then she could bend it to her will.

Her mind nearly made up, the alabaster-haired goddess glared at the abomination in front of her, studying it with glacier blue-amber-scarlet-violet eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm
There was only a single word, one simple phrase that could possibly describe the kitten's turmoil of emotions bumbling and stumbling inside the teeny tiny body. And because of his usual elequence and articulation, Strider was able to convey it in a sophisticated and easily understood manner.

"WA-A-A-A-AHOO!"

Not that he could really be heard over the roar of wind, but it was for his own release anyway. Oh yes, this was indeed a fine day. Taking another ride in the clouds, letting his troubled spirit fly (somewhat) free released him in an exhilaration he had not felt for a very, very long time. He remained secure and warmwhile his fur rippled and ruffled in the cold wind as his eager eyes took in the blinding white and breathtaking colors of the flihva. And he could not possibly thank Maar enough for taking them around the castle a few more times.

When they finally landed, he felt satisfaction, not dissappointment. Now he could finally feel Berry's excitement and joy, and could relate to her more completely. It truly was an amazing experience.

"Wow." he sighed. "Just wow."

He almost fell flat on his face after getting back on his own feet, but he stumbled and stayed upright. He swayed a moment, blinked, and straightened, before looking back up at Maar, looking casual, cool, nonchalant.

"So, what's the house special for today?"  

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:36 pm
((Aw, I feel honored. It's probably because we both have a very strong grasp of what we're trying to roleplay. Well, you let me know when you have a better grasp anyway. wink ))

"-Die!"

Miren stopped and collapsed on herself when she saw that her surroundings had changed, and that the woman was nowhere to be found. Where had all these trees come from? She looked around the shade for a moment as her desperate anger intensified with confusion. Wait, where was-

For a moment she thought she could hear voices. From where though? And more than one, or was that just her terrified imagination?

She crouched beside a tree, the idea of more than one person seeing her nudity more than she could bear, and she tried to wipe away her furious tears. Blast them all, blast this! What was she going to do?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:48 pm
(( And you know... That last part made me laugh. Like a pet. xD))

"Deron." The boy stated simply.

Though this was only because it was an automatic response. He was too enraptured by taking in the full form of the hovering Goddess above him. He swallowed once, taking in the glittering and vibrant colors, so strange and exotic and somehow spellbinding. Her expression did not really alarm him so much, at least not enough to keep him from thinking: 'She's gorgeous when she's mad.'

Catching himself staring, he shimmied back in the grass, scooting back enough to stand. She was hardly covered much better than he was. Of course, even if she was, he could not really do much about it. Just take it all in stride. So he put his hands confidently on his hips, looked up to keep calm, cool eye contact, then blinked.

"Your eyes are changing colors." he pointed out, in case she did not realize it before.

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 pm
Even after all his years of flying, Maar still felt that rush of exhilaration that was so evidently coursing through Strider. Although he didn't put it into words like Strider, the feeling was evident on his face. The flihva stretched his wings out, pumping them swiftly to cool them before tucking them in against his back. He smiled down at the kitten who was trying to regain its footing and pretending it didn't look like a total fool.

"House special? I'm not sure what you mean by that," Maar said, shrugging. "But because your mind seems only to revolve around food, I assume you mean what's for lunch. You, my friend, may be out of luck. We have no meat or milk here that you might like. We don't have need for such things. I hope you like plant foods." Maar grinned before heading towards Aväris's room. "Looks like Aväris already headed inside."

In fact, not only was Aväris already in his room, he was knee-deep in a pile of parchments and books against one side of his vast room. Sunlight streamed in through the window, illuminating the place with the help of some spells cast for long-term use. Although the sunlight's entrance was restricted to the window, the entire room was awash in sunlight though such a thing seemed impossible.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:35 pm

||:] I agree. This story is really important to me so I try not to half-a** my posts. And I will let you know. I'm working on world-building right now, actually...||

Singing under her breath, the frae child stripped bark from the decaying log, a flare of curiosity prompting her to stick the bark in her mouth along with her hand. She made a face. The frae withdrew her hand and spat out the remains of the tree skin, wiping her hand on the smooth, stretchy material that was her dress. She looked down at the stains on her new dress. Oh, Mother would be so cross! Shrugging, the frae child turned from the tree and skipped back toward the rest of the foraging group. Her mother was one of the many gatherers the village would routinely set out, though her father was one of the hunters.

The red-haired, amber-eyed child was skipping so quickly and so blindly that she didn't even notice the naked human crouching next to a tree. The frae stumbled to a halt, nearly colliding with the girl. When she regained her balance, the frae placed her fists on her hips, very annoyed with the human.

"Hey! Watch where you're sitting!" she scolded, not noticing the dried dribble of brown bark-sauce caking the corner of her mouth. "You really oughtn't be out here like that, all naked-like! My group won't appreciate that!"

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:43 pm
One really had to give Strider credit for trying. The eager kitten had to try to speed his pace significantly to try to stay in speed with Maar. Of course his little bones and muscles and legs were still developing and just slightly new to this whole thing. Still, he valiently hurried on, not noticing any possible easy goings should the Fliha decide to go easy on him.

Of course his mind was distracted. No meat and no milk... It wasn't so much that he preferred them, (Well, alright, he did) but a cat was not naturally an omnivour. And especially concerning a near baby, a strictly plant diet was not the best option. Actually, if he remembered correctly, grasses made them sick. Of course, Maar probably meant fruits, but still, he could not be sure.

Being in a cat's body, escpecially one so helpless was really inconvenient, to say the least. The best option might be to really turn into another type of animal (yeah, still trying to figure that one out) that was more accomodated to this type of environment. A bird, most likely, they ate seeds and nectars, and such, but he would still be useless with his hands. And would they still have to conceal his presence? So much secrecy could be problem, who knew how long it would take. It was shocking really they had not been discovered already. Well shoot, how was he going to think through this?

It was as his exhausted, depleted, toppling body finally made it to the destined entryway, seeing the golden shining and glowing room with the intently studying flihva that Strider thought of it. An idea so obvious, yet so grand and questioning in its own right, that Strider wondered if such a thing was possible. Yet this man was such an avid magic user, it just would not be fair if he could not pull off a spell that could actually help him.

Then again, this was all really Strider's subconcious going through all this. the words blurted out before he registered them.

"Could you turn me into a flihva?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:52 pm
((Well, long as it helps))

Miren was so struck by the girl's features, her mind did not fully register the words until after the sentence was finished.

"I'm... sorry..." she breathed in awe.

Red hair, yellow eyes... Gerudo. Yet the child was so cute in comparison to the only other one she had seen. Mayeb this one was only part, or half. Even her tried authority would have been comical, if she was not so mortified. Her face flushed at the reprimand as she gained words again. She might have asked for help, but the idea of anyone else seeing her terrified her, and made her hunch her body more. This was a horrid nightmare gone wrong.

"I'm sorry." she said stronger. "I'll be more careful. You have something on your mouth, by the way." she pointed to the corner of her own lip. "Right here."

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 pm

||That's what I was aiming for. XD What would you like done with Deron, by the way? Also... Deron's hilarious. XD Note: Lyra's about six feet in height.||

Although Lyra had been around for millenia, few had dared even look at her the way this foolish human pup had, even when she was a normal flihva. The boy's staring eyes made the goddess feel minutely uncomfortable but she was made of harder stuff than a slatternly woman in heat. She watched the insolent youth scoot backwards to better stand and face her. He wasn't very tall, at least not by flihva standards. And he apparently had no shame, for he stood tall and confidently, looking her in the eyes. He had the presence of a flihva, or something close to it.

Your eyes are changing colors.

Lyra rolled her eyes.

"Yes, they tend to do that," she deadpanned. Even though this was only the second human she'd come face to face with in the past millenium, she had already met her quota for human interaction. While confidence and indifference to her status certainly piqued her interest, she wasn't sure she wanted to put up with it for longer than a day.

"Now how did you get here? You're the second one to come this way and I would like for it to cease."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:09 pm

The frae raised an eyebrow at the human's reaction. She acted like she had never even seen a frae before! All she could do was apologize. Maybe the girl just need some clothes, since she seemed ashamed of her nudity.

"Huh? On my mouth?" The girl rubbed futiley at the opposite corner of the stain, mirroring the human's movement. Her hand dropped. "Did I get it? Oh, nevermind! You need clothes or the others won't be happy!"

Scratching her head through her tangled red hair, the frae child thought for a moment.

"You need to come with me. You look lost so you need to get dressed. The elders will help you, I know. Humans visit us all the time."

The frae held out a small hand, beckoning at the human to take it. Humans were not known for their grace or sense of direction.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:28 pm
||Otaku, you read my mind!||

At the sound of Maar and Strider's entrance, Aväris looked up from his book, blowing a strand of black hair out of his face. The kitten was on foot and Maar looked like he was drowning in despair at the sight of such a mess. Aväris personally didn't care about the state of his room, but Maar had stated at the very beginning of their friendship that he could not tolerate untidy rooms.

Could you turn me into a flihva?

Maar and Aväris stared at the tiny kitten in surprise. Turn him... into a flihva?

Immediately, Maar was objecting.

"Turn you into a flihva? Strider, are you mad? All the energy needed for such a spell would probably knock Aväris out for a week, maybe even a month. Not to mention the repercussions that could happen to the palace and you! Aväris is a wonderfully talented flihva, but if he messed up, you could end up worse off than you already are! And all that energy could destroy a whole portion of the palace! Not to mention-"

Aväris cut the ranting flihva off.

"Maar, it won't be that hard. You're blowing this totally out of proportion, really," Aväris added, dropping his book unceremoniously onto the pile of paper and ink. He leapt out of the middle of the mess, landing gracefully in front of the tiny kitten. He squatted down so he was closer to Strider. His eyes were lit with interest and excitement. This would be quite a challenge!

"First of all, I know what a flihva looks like, inside and out, and I have more than enough energy and power to transform Strider into a strapping young flihva. Sure, the power would probably destroy half the palace, but we don't have to do it here. I really think Strider is on to something here."

Maar sighed in reluctant acceptance. He still had his objections, but he would never argue with Aväris. Especially when Aväris was this excited for something. The poor flihva had hardly anything to be excited about nowadays, what with nothing to challenge his intellect and capabilities.

"Of course," Aväris continued, "I will need to know what you want to look like; you know, height, hair color, eye color, wing color, etcetera. And I must warn you that it will be an incredibly painful procedure. After all, I'm stretching your bones, muscles, organs, skin, all that, so that you can be thirty times the size you are now. Of course, you're rather young, so I won't grow you too much. That should save you some pain and discomfort. Also, you'll need a day or two to recover from the strain." Aväris took a deep breath and eyed Strider. "Am I going too quickly for you?"

Behind him, Maar nodded vigorously.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 pm
((Well, you succeeded. I now have a happy image of Deron bouncing around as a little puppy. Deron's about five foot six. No, seriously. As opposed to what to do with him... really anything to keep him with Lyra a bit longer. Let's see if we can break her in an hour... of course as soon as she sends him away I just might call up another characters, just to aggravate her. So if you want to keep her sanity, you might want to try to find a way to keep her from teleporting him away.))

Well, he thought it only polite to mention.

Now... exactly how did he get here? Where was 'here' anyway? Crap, how far had he ridden? Oh wait... right, this must have been the after life. Of course, that explained so much. Well, never one to dissappoint, Deron nodded and turned very serious and grim.

"Well, it sure wasn't easy." he stepped back and cast his saddened gaze away. "Ya see, even if I'm the greatest rider of the South, even I couldn't control the wild, ravenous steer." he admitted dramatically, and he turned his determined gaze up to the sunny sky.
"It's horde threatened my comrades, I could only find the leader and raise 'nough panick and racket t' disrupt their murderous plans and save my kidnapped friends and family." he looked back to her, his eyes blazing with determined excitement.
His arm flung out in a passioned gesture, the mere beginning of a chain of wild gesticulations. "I didn't have any time, the enemy surrounded us and threatened t' attack me from every angle. I took a hit- to the gut, the shoulder, even a graze to the face! Hooves flying everywhere, arrows whizzin' by an' just barely missing their target! But I stayed strong, an' I didn't let them stop me from scatterin' their wild selves all across the land! But only at a price."
The wild tone and pace set a moment ago transitioned smoothly to a calmer, sadder tone.
"'Cuz I couldn't control the steer, it ran rampant, seperatin' me from the very friends I tried to save, partin' me from my brother, my best mate, and my sweet, sweet darlin', only to take me so far away to this mysterious place, only to be placed in front of a Goddess."
Funny, how he said the word merely to flatter her and compliment her, not knowing her true status. A hand placed itself over his delicate heart. "If you could find it in yer kind, lovely heart to give a poor soul kindness and rest, I would be eternally in yer debt." and he bowed his head and upper body forward just slightly.

Inside, Deron reeled. Oh man I'm good!

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:52 pm
Miren stared at the outstretched hand the child gave her, and bit her lip at the request of her. The idea of moving... was not appealing. Not in the slightest. But, she said she could help... well, the elders.

Of course. The elders of a village would be more than willing to help someone in need. Of course, simple, easy. Now she just needed to get the courage to stand.

She glanced back and forth between the hand, and the girl's face before taking it with her own. She had tp remember... there was someone else who suffered this through most of her life. She could trudge through a few minutes, right? Very slowly she stood, not really towering over the strange, yet almost comfortingly familiar features of the child with her.

Then, with the sensation of stepping off a bridge's edge, she took the first step.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff