Your opinion on witchcraft
  Support it
  Against it
  Not sure/Curious
View Results

Vampress_raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm
MiLK`

Wicca is for whiney angsty teens who are too scared to practice real Paganism.

As i am neither a "whiney angsty teen" nor "too scared to practice real paganism" i feel justified in objecting to this dismissal of my religion.

Wicca is not my only pracice with magic, witchcraft etc. I find the making and recognition of both the earth cycles and the interplay of the Goddess and God cycles a grounding experiance that keeps me in touch with my surroundings.
Pagaism is ( by dictionary definition) anything which is not of the mainstream religions, and therefore i fail to see how you can define "real paganism".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:05 pm
Alice OConnor
*nods* i am learning to use tarot at the present. it is difficult.
i am as well. and i agree it is difficult.  

kingking1

~:[I Heart Maury]:~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:43 pm
Ozzys True Son
Witchcraft is against my religion but I find much interest in it

stare ditto... same here. I used to read alot of witchcraft books... the spells are complicated .-.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:59 am
I've been wanting to practice witchcraft but I haven't been able since I don't have any of the materials needed to cast spells. I already have some books but the materials are too hard to get.  

melancholymolly

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:29 pm
I'm Pagan, and I practice witchcraft. 'Tis fun ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:34 pm
I'm a Pagan, and I love to cast spells. Especially at night, considering that's when my magic works it's strongest. heart  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:11 pm
I must point out that magic is not the sole purvey of Wicca or other religions mistakenly referred to as witchcraft, nor is witchcraft the sole working of magic. A variety of religions practice magic--witchcraft referrs to the use of magic with an infernal support network, ie. borrowing power from the "devil", usually in exchange for something, though not necessarily the practitioner's soul. As wicca (as far as I know) derives its power from different sources, it cannot properly be called "witchcraft", nor can any magic which derives power from sources other than the infernal. In fact, there is a variety of divine magic flying around this world--and yes, Christians do it too, it's called prayer. "Miracle" is just a fancy word for divine magic--it's an act of changing reality. I practice plenty of what might be referred to as "magic", and I must say that in my experience, rituals, while good for organizing the mind, are highly unnecessary in achieving the desired results. All that matters is the will.

And I have to point out that meditation is *NOT* magic. It's meditation.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:30 am
ive been practicing for about nine years solid now and im now a preist of hecate and cernunnos. i still consider myself goth but i call it mysticgoth.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:19 am
I would say I'm more of a Kitchen/Green Witch. I've tried many other traditions (been practicing for 10 years) and this one is the best for me. It is a very personal tradition and focuses on the earth and its energies as apposed to gods and goddess. Not that there is anything wrong with gods and goddesses I just find it easier to focus on the healing properties and energies of herbs rather than having to do a long drawn out ritual just to start a spell or mix herbs.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 pm
I want to buy a Thoth tarot card deck sometime. (I like tarot, and egyptian stuff as well.)  

Spooky Ames

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:30 pm
Sorceress Ameneka
I want to buy a Thoth tarot card deck sometime. (I like tarot, and egyptian stuff as well.)

Tarot cards are really cool! I would reccomend buying a book on how to read them too, because sometimes the meanings that come with the cards are very limited interpretations. The book will give you more in-depth meanings and also different readings.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:34 pm
hay i practice wc to i mean i use to  

[deathrose]

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:28 am
Freedom Fire
Sorceress Ameneka

Tarot cards are really cool! I would reccomend buying a book on how to read them too, because sometimes the meanings that come with the cards are very limited interpretations. The book will give you more in-depth meanings and also different readings.

i cant use the bloody things to save my life but i can use runes so accurately i could tell you what you ate for dinner last night( yes i did try this and yes it did work) mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 pm
I personally don't believe in it, but I have very little against those who do.  

UraniumMonk

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:45 pm
has anyone ever experienced what they would call paranormal activity?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff