Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ninchii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:42 pm
Hullo!

I'm a chirpy literate fifteen year old. I love to RP and mess around with people. When I'm RPing, I'm usually the one pulling the humor into the plot because everyone else just seems to be a bit... serious, but that isn't what I was posting this for!

I like to draw and would enter the arena, but sadly... no scanner. I love to write, with the help of RPs sometimes. I love to prove guys wrong when they say I can't do something. I guess you can say I'm... competitive. wink

I'm literate, but I'm no grammer nazi. I may seem like one, but... no. I've been called a grammer nazi most of the time because I correct spelling errors or grammer itself... It's not my fault when I can't understand what the [most of the time] n00bs want to say...

Enough about me! I'm just glad I was accepted into this guild! ^.^ heart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:23 pm
Hey, thanks for accepting me in..suppose I owe a little introduction.

I'm Katie, I'm 15, and I despise bad grammar. However, when I say 'bad grammar', I'm not referring to those little mistakes that any suitably literate person could make and that most of the general population would never care to notice. I'm talking about breaking the simple, brazenly obvious rules of intelligent conversation and composition..abusing abbreviations, improper punctuation, misspellings, confusing homophones (saw that post), and sentence fragments would all be examples of this. I probably won't crack down on anyone too bad if they commit one of these grammar crimes...I see it enough every day to realize that anything I say won't make much of a difference. And yet, it continues to get on my wick..

Yeesh, that was a long rant. I'm liking this guild already: look what it does to me. xp

Well, for the rest of the introduction..I enjoy politics, debate, journalism, guitar, some anime, and coffee (it's a must).

But wow, that's really enough about me, heh, thanks for accepting me! biggrin  

Siouxicide

Koala.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:39 pm
Hello! smile

My name is Koala (I prefer my name to be kept to me and only me, sorry!) and I am 15 years old! I saw the promotion for this guild, and I said to myself, "OH MY GOSH. I totally agree." And I clicked it and came here! So here I am!

I like to draw, read and write. I like listening to music.. preferably my Frankie Baby wink But I also like other stuff. Anything but rap, really. I just can't see it as music. But those boys (or girls) have got some talent! I would never be able to speak that fast! Haha. Ahem. Well, I also like to Dirt Bike and talk on the phone. I'm a good talker. cool Haha, just joking. But I do like to talk on the phone.

Uh, I guess if there was anything else you wanted to know you could just ask me! Thank you very much for accepting me into this guild!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:18 pm
Greetings to all the literate fellows and fems in the Grammar Guild. I'm a 19 year old American who loves to streatch teh boundries of the mind in free formed thoughts and concepts.

People often tell me that I speak over their heads, but I disaggree with them. I simply talk at a higher level then them and expect them to elevate themselves. I was never one for conflict and can easily change my outlook on any situation  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Chocolate Latte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:00 pm
Good day to you all. =)

My name is Gina Chung, but you can call me Choco or Gina. Whatever. I am only 11 years old, but I am literate. =D Hurrah!

So, I saw one of the banners in someone's signature and I thought that it was so very, very true. I clicked on it and it brought me here, where I applied immediately.

I like to draw, but I'm no good at it. I like to read and write. I like to listen to music. I like to do origami. I like a lot of stuff. I'm allergic to cats. This is very listy. Oh well.

So, when I'm at school, people are all like, "Oh my gosh, how do you type so fast and not in chatspeak?" And so, I say, "I'm just used to it, I guess."

I learned my literacy on Neopets but I quit the site a year after and joined Gaia Online. People say I talk too much. That may be true. cool

Well, see ya!

~ Choco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:23 pm
G'day!

I'm probably not your typical fourteen year old male. I have a rare complex called "good grammar", and I suffer from it deeply. sweatdrop

I learned to use literacy on the Internet suprisingly from Newgrounds. I'm still an active user there, and post often in the forums.

I found this place by clicking on one of your awesome banners - and, I found my calling.

Thank you, just for making this guild. I appreciate it!  

Nomader

SJC^Superslacker^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:51 am
Hello. I'm very glad to be here.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:16 am
I'm a literate 15 year old from good ol' Indiana.
I type with proper grammar in my instant messaging, and everything I type online, putting me apart from all of my peers. Not many people expect me to be the smart, grammar using person that I am, but I cannot stand it when people are too lazy to type correctly. Expecially when they replace letters like "s" with "z" to seem different, when in actuality, everyone does it  

MutonTheMule

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:22 pm
I'm 13, and I like being grammatically correct.

I'm also a very good speller whee

I love emoticons heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:18 pm
Hello. I am a Literate 13 yr. old, there are many things I find fun, but none other than to be with my friends on Gaia. My exsperiences here on Gaia have been very worthwhile. I hope I get to know everyone very well, and hope that this Guild becomes very succesful.

`Mr Poke`

Transiberian Orchestra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:54 pm
Hi. I'm sort of new, but I haven't introduced myself, so I figure I may as well now.

I'm Elizabeth, and I'm [Insert age here.] years old. I'm literate, and I do get sick of illiteracy at times, although I frown upon any sort of flaming. (Yes, I do realise I will get flamed myself someday for that.)
I'm a mixture of nationalities, and I'm sadly Atheist. However, I don't worship Satan, and I'm not Pagan or Wiccan, although I do hold Wiccan attributes.

I like Full Metal Alchemist ( Just saw the movie today.), and most other animes, although I am gradually shifting out of Adult Swim.

xD I'm emotional and can be considered a bit gothic and aloof, but I am not 'emo' or 'goth.'
I'm a pacifist, I hate gore, blood, and killing (but love killing games), and I collect snow globes and pentagrams.

I play flute in an advanced band (receiving an A plus).

I think that's enough..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:15 am
Wow, I was accepted into this guild pretty quickly. eek Anyways, it great to be a part of this guild. 3nodding heart  

Orson Welles

GiftNinja xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:17 pm
Hello,
My name is Suki..
I am 14 years old.
Well, I'm soo happy to be here.
To be in a place were everyone respects the language we speak.^-^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:23 pm
Hello. My name is Risty. Yes, I know...a rather strange name. I grew up with it. Anyway, I'm 17 years old. I am very literate. ...I correct my friends constantly, to the point of them getting upset with me. It's nice to see that there's a guild dedicated to good grammar and spelling. Everywhere I go, it seems people are just dragging English further and further down the drain, and sometimes even proving Darwin wrong.  

Xhaiden01

Maerie

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:08 am
hello ... my name is Maerie and i'm very glad to be here .. thank you for accepting me .. i was getting tired of illiterate people on gaia and hoping i would find some place to make my english perfect ..

i'm 25 ,3d graphics designer and mainly french speaking wich can explain my english faults .. sorry for bothering the people who are going to read my posts .. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong ...  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff