Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 pm
March 15th, 3391.

General Rowan Winters sat at his desk behind a mountain of paperwork. The morning sun shone in through his window behind him, making him a silhouette to the soldier standing before him. "Major Hunt, you are aware of the situation in Rapture, are you not?"

"Yes, sir. I had been informed that the city was ours, but losses were taken." The mountain lion said in a cold, emotionless tone.

The general grunted in affirmation. "Indeed. The base just outside the city was destroyed. The perpetrator has been caught, but we still do not know how he was able to destroy the building on his own. The report we received from Colonel Nevermore was... confused. The robot was not sure what had caused the explosion. It was apparent that explosives were used, but not as the source, only a catalyst." He paused and leaned back in his chair, examining the metallic armor of the cyborg. "If I have been informed correctly, your training is complete?"

"Yes, sir. I am ready to receive my first mission."

"Good. Here are your orders. You and your squad are to take up the investigation of the prison incident, and bring into custody any escaped prisoners you can find." He placed a folder on the desk. "This is all the information we have so far. The perpetrator was a hedgehog. Calls himself 'Ronin'. Clearly an alias. That's all we can get from him. When questioned late last night, he simply repeated his name."

The cyborg opened and leafed through the folder, stopping at a picture of the hedgehog. "Sir... I think I may have known this hedgehog."

"Oh?" The polar bear leaned forward, placing his elbows on his desk, and folding his hands together. "This could prove useful. Who is he?"

"If my eyes do not deceive me, his name is Ethan Spine. He was a high school student in the town where I grew up. I thought he was dead with the rest. I can only imagine what has happened to him since then, that gave him the power to destroy one of our bases."

~~~Meanwhile~~~

Ronin awoke. His energy was still being drained from him. He could hardly pull enough energy together to sit up on his uncomfortable cot. This room felt as though it were a black hole. Siphoning his energy into a great black pit in the center. He had been here since he first awoke last night. Soldiers had come in, and beat him, interrogated him. Trying to answer questions. Questions to which Ronin had no answer. It had, however, been enlightening to Ronin.

They asked him who he worked for, if he worked for the Underground. Ronin obviously couldn't answer their questions.

Ronin lay back on his cot. His body had no energy, but he was not yet dead. He glanced around. He rolled out of his cot, barely able to stand. His cot had a bar running only a few inches off the ground. Ronin sat down, and hooked his toes under it. He placed his hands behind his head, and leaned back, then sat back up, working the muscles in his stomach. "One."

He leaned back, the sat back up. "Two." Again, faster. "Three." This cycle repeated for some time. Working against both fatigue and body weight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm
"Squadron Sigma hold!" Lieutenant Staffers yelled to the men. The men stood at attention awaiting the Lieutenant's orders. Each man was a new recruit to the Army and, though each was drafted, they were already loyal to their commanding officer. "We'll rest here for a short while before continuing on." There was only one man that was not a new recruit and had been serving under Lieutenant Staffers for quite some time now, making his loyalties rather unclear to himself; Master Sergeant Shane Dremora.

He had been just like the inexperienced recruits, angry at first from being drafted, but quickly coming around and becoming the foolhardy man willing to give his life to accomplish any task given by his superior. But it changes when you see innocent people torn from their homes, buildings burned with families still inside, honest men killed for trying to speak out against the Army that these recruits stand for, calling them murderers. The dreams the Army tells these recruits are nothing more than false imaginings meant to disguise their true intentions.

This mission was just as clouded, its true purpose unknown to the men that would see it through. Squadron Sigma was to deliver an object from Midway to Megapolis. This was said to be a simple practice mission, meant to train the men. Shane was charged with accompanying the Lieutenant and carrying the object, concealed in a simple brown sack tied with string. He was clueless as to what was actually contained in this sack, but he had a feeling that this was no practice mission.

They had been halted near the river, flowing just a few feet from them. Shane looked around at the men, each one had a smile on their face. They were glad to be taking a break. He watched each of them, partially envious of their ignorance and yet glad that his eyes could see the truth. He turned away to walk over to the riverside, but... oddly enough, he was already at it's edge. He was unsure what to make of it. I must have been concentrating on the men and subconsciously made my way here. He decided to just shrug it off as nothing.

The river ran through most of the region, from the mountains in the north to the ocean in the west. Shane placed a hand on the small bag containing the item to be delivered. He looked around him to see if anyone was watching. Perhaps if I just look at the object I can find out what the Army's true intentions are. He held the sack in his hand, the item inside was oddly cold, he could feel the chill through the brown cloth. It had the weight of a rock, but it was not coarse, it felt polished and smooth. He went to untie the string from the package and paused a moment, he glanced something in the water. He looked again into the river, the light was reflecting off something down there. He suddenly felt a wave of heat come over him as sweat ran down his brow. His mouth felt parched.

He eyed the object at the river bottom once more. The unbearable heat beat down upon his body, the sweat coming to the corners of his mouth. He licked his lips, the taste of salt on his palette. He reached for object, not knowing if he wanted the object itself or just to feel the satisfyingly refreshing water. The shining object had been well out of reach from the riverbank, though he found that it was but inches away. He held tight onto the package, so as to not lose it into the river's current, while he reached his empty hand out to grasp the object. As he took it up in his free hand, he felt an icy chill run through his body. He was startled by the cold, but looked around to find the cause of it. Everything around him was dark, he could see the men but they were fading quickly. Soon darkness enveloped them. He stood alone holding the two objects.

He looked at the one he had just pulled from the river. It was bright yellow and somewhat clear. It resembled a large gem, though it was larger than any gem he had seen before as it fit snug into his palm. A rush of emotion overcame him as he began to cry, tears running down his cheek. He went to wipe it from his face with his sleeve, but the tears were stuck to his face, frozen solid. He couldn't move, ice enveloped everything on him. He was afraid of what would happen to him. He had never seen anything like this. He felt that this was some kind of nightmare and longed to awaken. The ice instantly melted over him and evaporated into the air of darkness encompassing him. He fell to his knees and water pounded against his body. The darkness begin to lift and he could see the soldiers beginning to gather around him.

He was kneeling in the river, soaked from head to toe. The men pulled him from water and carried him to the riverbank. The Lieutenant came running over, ordering the men to return to what they were doing. "What the hell were you doing in that water Dremora!?" Shane stood up as he began to try and explain what had happened. "I'm not sure sir. I saw something at the river bottom and a tried to reach it. I must have fallen in. It was some kind of yellow stone." He then realized that he was still holding the object. He handed it to the Lieutenant. "I don't know what it is sir, but I have a feeling it has something to do with this package we're deliv..""The contents of that package are top secret Dremora. You are to carry it to its destination and that will be the end of it from you. I don't wanna hear another word from your mouth, you got that soldier?" Shane nodded to the man. The Lieutenant took the yellow gem from him and placed it into another sack. He put it in his own jacket pocket. "Alright men, pack up your things! We're continuing on to Megapolis!" He looked once more to Shane with a suspicious glare before being on his way. Shane glanced down at the package, unsure of what to make of what had just transpired. He pocketed the object and followed the rest of the squadron, his boots squishing as he walked.

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:43 pm
Ronin could hear measured boot steps coming down the hallway. The soles of the boots seemed to be metal, as they made the hallway ring on each impact. He removed his feet from under the bar on the bed, and leaned his tired body against the wall. He heard something bang on the door.

A chilling voice called into the room. "I am well armed, and I am coming in. If you try anything stupid, I will not hesitate to kill you." The metal door opened with a creak, and a mobian plated entirely in metal walked through the door. "I am Major S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I am leading up the investigation of the explosion you caused, Mr. Spine."

Ronin stared blankly at the wall opposite him. "My name is Ronin."

"Yes, that's what I was told. However, I believe you are one Ethan Spine, former resident of a town called Darkroot."

He continued to stare blankly ahead of himself. "Ethan Spine died the day he saw his home destroyed. I am Ronin."

"What would you do if I told you I'm the one who got your town destroyed?"

He smirked. "I would swear to kill you one day."

The cyborg opened his arms. "Why not do it now? You are certainly capable, judging by the casualties you caused yesterday. I am curious how you did it, however."

Ronin leaned on his side. "Certainly you know that this room is draining my energy. I couldn't kill you right now if I wanted to. I barely have the strength to stand." He yawned. "As to how I did it, I'm sure your scientists can figure it out eventually." He closed his eyes.

"Are you really so at ease? I could kill you right now."

"But you haven't, so I'm guessing your higher ups want me alive for some reason. I'll find a way to escape eventually. If I were you, I'd try to get them to let you kill me."

Stalker did an about face and walked from the room. "I'll be back. You will crack. Everyone cracks." He slammed the door, and walked down the hall.

Ronin placed his hands on the floor, and pushed his body off, then he lowered himself down, and brought himself back up. "One."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:21 pm
Robert waited for a response. The bat said nothing after Rob's challenge. She just kept her handgun looming over his head. Quite an annoying sight. Though through the mixture of the downfall of rain and the broken street light, nearly the only sight. The bat's face was even hard to make out despite being a foot or so away.

Why can't this b**** go shoot somebody else? So paranoid over the freezer. I swear, Some people just can't take a damn hint. Rob quite enjoyed hating this particular person. She was asking for it too. He'd had a rough day, even by HIS standards. Right now, he just wanted... What did he want? It made no sense anymore.

Sure, Rob hated the military for surprisingly turning on their very foundation. But once you're looking down the barrel of a gun, all those thoughts seem so pointless, so small, so. Unnecessary. He'd hated those people anyway. Why should it matter whose killing them? He's wanted them dead for a while. But now, his life was in this monster's hands, and hating everybody else seemed like a waste of time. Hating everybody else was too hard. So right now... I'll just hate her.

I don't have all day here. If you really plan on shooting me, go ahead and get over with. You'd be doing me a favor even. If you just plan on sitting pretty with that gun, let me be on my damn way!

A sigh escaped the bat's lips as her eyes rolled away from him, gun never moving. A sigh? that's it? You sigh when things don't go your way? A slight smirk appeared on Rob's face. I'm dissapointed. Rob broke the statue they had formed by walking casually to where his rifle lay. Chin held high. Guess this means I win.

*CLICK*

A would-be gunshot flew threw his head. Rob stopped dead in his tracks. His heart skipped a few beats. His smug grin was forgotten. He turned around to see this bat in a new light. No. Darkness would be a more fitting word. Her face showed no mercy. She meant business. Rob stepped back for a second out of fear. A slight look of surprise flashed across her face. She's out of ammo!
But she tried to shoot me!
Forget about it! You're alive! Seize the opportunity!
No!
Yes!
Fine!

Robert recaptured that step that he let fear take from him. Now was his one and only chance, and he better make it quick.

AAUUUUUUUGH! Rob sprinted on his bad leg, screaming bloody murder. The bat didn't make a move. Though it wasn't because of surprise or confusion. S***! She's ready! The rifle would've been useful. But in Rob's head, only two things existed right now. At a few feet away, Rob leaped into the air and came down with his right hand.

At this instant, the bat's other arm reached for his enclosed fist. She fully caught his punch and twisted him off balance with his own momentum. Robert was stunned as he felt his shoulder grind against the pavement. His sleeves took most of the punishment for him. Though he was still surprised. She knew a thing or two about combat. More like a thing or five. The b**** knew what she was doing. That was the only way to put it.

Robert sprung off the ground as quick as he could. The grimy water from the street was seeping through the new hole in his sweatshirt. Surprisingly, one of the first.

The world started coming back to him. He could see the surrounding area, not just the bat. The rain was slightly letting up, and the slightest crack of dawn could be seen cutting the horizon. Robert looked at the magnum of his which was a few yards behind the bat. If he could make his way around her, He'd be able to live to see the sun rise.

She seemed to be analyzing his every move. She didn't look away, didn't speak a word. She was ready for the slightest move. So ever so slowly, Robert circled her. Putting the shortest bit of weight on his left foot let him know that he couldn't keep being drastic without a good reason. So he kept walking around her. One step to the right, one more step to the right.

The showdown was broken the moment Rob had let his guard down. He was just starting to think that she wouldn't come after him. But that dream was crushed as she ran straight towards him. Rob was half-stunned by the pain and fear. But took one heavy step to the left with his right foot. The moment he changed direction, she was prepared to intercept him. Now, Rob's fighting instincts took over. The instincts that kept him alive on the streets. The drive and thirst for combat that manifested as he learned what to do in order to live through another day. Robert was a street fighter, born and raised in the hell that he could no longer call his own.

Already in movement, Rob brought out his wounded leg. But not to run, he hunched over and spun to the left with his leg sticking outward. Sure enough, the bat was still running full force, and heel hit shin with a beautiful crashing noise as the bat stumbled out of control. Robert felt the impact on his foot, but she had surely felt worse. Surprisingly though, she was still standing. I'll catch her the moment she turns around if I'm lucky. Robert stood back up while running at her. She had regained her balance after the shot, but Rob spotted the slighted limp in her leg. So... You are mortal.

The second the bat turned around, Rob jumped at her again. This time, with left knee outward. But as he was preparing to connect, no farther than a few inches from her gut, he saw her hand. Her eyes were cold as the ceasing rain. She was ready yet again. Rob tried to brace himself for what was coming, but it was to late. Her left hand palmed him square in the nose. Rob's entire advantage had been taken away.

As Rob's whole body was knocked backwards from the force of her hand, he met the concrete yet again. This time, the impact was the back of his head. Lights went out for a second as he let himself fly. Rob didn't know which way was up. He saw a blurred shape ahead of him, and the street in all directions. All he could do was try to take the least amount of pain from the ordeal. Summoning his last amount of consciousness, Rob braced the ground a second time and rolled out of his turmoil. Skidding on the wet pavement. Robert looked up again at his nemesis. Though she was much closer than he had expected.

She was nearly frozen in time, or maybe HE was. Caught in mid-motion, her left leg was reared back and ready to strike a killing boot. He saw her ever-present glare, the rain flying off of her coat as she ran, everything seemed frozen. Like she was insisting he make a move first. Rob could only stare, like his body wasn't under his own control. He was to weak, to small. Though he was still breathing, he knew he couldn't keep this up anymore.

Rob could barely notice the blood starting to trickle down from his sleeve. heh. I should've known I was wounded. Stupid me. There was no strength left in him. His right arm came out from under him as he watched the scene unfold piece by piece. He merely lost his balance. He wasn't giving in. It was the rain's fault, not his.

As his body started to follow the movement of his arm, he got one final glance at the bat's face. She seemed to feel nothing from what she had done. A trained killer, without a doubt. But why him? He had never done ANYTHING to her! Nothing at all! This was all her fault. Now he was going to DIE on the wet pav-

Time abruptly resumed it's normal pace as Rob barely tucked and rolled to the right. It was a miracle that he had the energy to do so. or, maybe it was because he was already falling in the direction?

Rob decided it was his own doing.

Using the bare amount of strength left in him, Rob staggered to his feet as the bat took a few extra steps to break out of her run. Things looked different, being back on his feet again. This was quite a feeling. His foot seemed to be healing the slightest. At least the pain wasn't consuming him anymore. He could feel the wound on his shoulder was still seeping, but. Tolerable. All of a sudden. He felt stronger than he really seemed. Pain was dwindling away and being replaced with the stamina to stand, breathe, survive. I'm pushing myself to far. And boy was he.

The bat turned to him while he retreated slightly. A few steps back, just so that she wouldn't, you know, kill him.

She had slowed down once again. There was a perfect chance to strike as he stumbled to his feet. Yet, she didn't take it. Now, she was waiting again, waiting for him to prepare himself.

Robert cringed from a shot a pain that went through his foot I can't go through that again. There's no way. Maybe, if I could... Rob concentrated on a loophole. Something that could give him an advantage. She's gotta have a weak point. Rob remembered when he met her first, in the alleyway. He was wounded, and she aided him. She took his sphere and used it on the machines that were closing in on them.

Then he remembered, the shudder that overcame her when the sphere went off. Of course! The frequency the sphere gives off is too high for me to hear. But, as for her. Rob couldn't help but snicker. He had a fighting chance in this.

Once she started advancing towards him, Rob pulled the sphere from his pocket and grinned at her. Her limping walk slowed as her eyes widened the slightest. Barely noticeable, but at least Robert knew that he had made an impact.

Using his good arm, Rob wound up, and pitched the sphere straight at the ground as hard as he could. She prepared to cover her ears before the blast went off...

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT* ...But she was to late.

A flurry of sparks emitted from it while the wet concrete seemed to channel a few volts, followed by a barely visible pulse that zoomed over the street's surface. The shockwave effect from the sphere had caught Rob off guard yet again. He stumbled backwards, but didn't fall over at least.

Robert saw the bat as the blast ceased. She was cringing, that's right, cringing. Eyes shut, teeth bared, ears drooped, cringing. She's open!! Chances were scarce with an opponent like her. Even if it was a desperate flurry, it was the only hope he had. And he was running out of them. Despite his heavy breathing, Rob made a fist that trembled from exhaustion. Time for one last effort!

Rob took advantage of the moment before she came back to her senses. The sphere gave off a few final sparks as he threw his left hand as an uppercut. It may have been wounded, but he had a stronger left arm. Besides, this was going to hurt like a b**** in the morning anyway... If he made it that long.

As his fist was about to impact her jaw, he saw her eyes start to open for a brief moment, and in a split second, she reacted by bringing up the hand that she still held her gun in to defend herself. Rob felt a jolt of pain as his knuckles grinded against steel.

As soon as one of her arms came up, the other one followed. Rob's attempt was foiled, now was her chance to counter-attack. He couldn't brace himself from another shot. Any hit could take him out. The unnamed bat pressed her left arm as a jab straight for his sternum.

Rob's arm was still fully extended. She was fast. Acting solely on instinct, Robert followed her arm with his extended one and swerved to the left as her fist skimmed his sweatshirt.

This was no small victory for him though. As the second he had dodged, she threw her right arm in a haymaker pistol whip. He was in perfect position to run straight into it.

His train of thought fully back on track, Rob noticed something new in her tactics. She's just throwing punches now! She must still be distorted from the sphere's blast. I've got her a little worried! That was just the confidence boost that he needed. He was impacting her mental stability. There was finally light at the end of the tunnel.

Rob turned the swerving dodge into a full 180 degree spin. His left arm grabbed her jab once it was fully extended whilst he ducked under her incoming hook. As he expected, her right arm carried all the way over to her left shoulder. She really thought she was going to take me out with that. That'll teach her not to underestimate me again.

Rob stood up straight and pressed his back up against her, still grasping her left arm. His fatigued body was on the brink of collapsing. I, can do this.

Rob bellowed as he used every muscle in his body to propell the bat over him. He hunched himself over as she was lifted off the ground.

He hoped there was a slight bit of shock at his motion. He'd caught her off guard, which was quite the achievement for him.

Her body was in full motion, propelled over him by the renewed energy he seemed to have obtained. Yes, he was still hurt. His foot was giving in under the weight of them both. His shoulder's pain was multiplied by the bat's body making contact with it. But he wouldn't let that succumb him.

With one final effort, he slammed her body against the street by summoning all the strength he had left. She grunted from the impact, dazed once again. She almost looked unconscious.

Rob's stamina had been fully depleted. That was quite an impressive throw, especially for someone of his size. He looked down and hoped she wouldn't get up. Maybe, if he was lucky, he could escape. Maybe, she wouldn't care. He could just drag his weary body away from the scene before she noticed. The chances were next to none. But, there was still a chance.

Of course though. Every hope he ever had always seemed to turn to s*** in the end. She must have only spent three seconds tops, dazed on the ground. She was already prepared for more. The fear in Rob's face must have been easier to read then the local paper. He wanted to hide it, but these were the moments that slowly turn to nightmares. If he ever made it out of this alive, he'd never screw with this bat again. He'd leave Rapture. The city could go to hell now for all he cared. He just wanted to live.

He knew that wasn't an overcoming blow, but still, that was all he had left in him. That was his all, and it just wasn't enough. He could do nothing more but stare down at the bat, his big eyes fixed on hers, as she brought her right arm up, and sweeped his legs out from under him using her handgun.

The pain meant nothing anymore. He'd started to get used to it, more or less, he felt tired. Like he just wanted to fall asleep. Maybe he was dreaming? Maybe, he WAS asleep! He's probably still asleep in the freezer right now.

Rob collided with the ground as the bat had moments ago. The pain of the impact jolted through him. Especially through his bad foot. She'd clubbed it with her gun pretty hard. Rob's heavy panting and swallowing had turned his lungs to ice, while his shoulder wound burned from all it had been through. No, this isn't a dream.

Rob's stubbornness wouldn't let him give in yet. Even if there's nothing he can do, maybe somebody else would do something. The bat picked herself of the ground and started to walk away from him, nearly completely ignoring.

She's. She's LEAVING! The stress of the situation dwindled away in a second. He was going to be fine, he was going to live. Rob still couldn't even get himself to move, all he could do was summon enough energy to breathe. But that was ok now. He could rest. She was leaving.

The pain Rob had felt was starting to hit him. The adrenaline was dying. He nearly hated himself for letting his guard down so quickly. He didn't realize just how much of a strain he had put on himself. It was almost too much to comprehend. But, he'd probably make it through the night, as long as that bat didn't come bac-

..She was coming back. He could see her out of corner of his eye. She was staring right though him. Like he didn't even exist. Hell, he DIDN'T really exist anymore. He was nearly a lifless shell.

The bat stood over him and pointed a .44 at his head. Wait, that was HIS! She went and took his magnum! What would that accomplish. She didn't have to shoot him with his own gun. What kind of humiliation was that?

I'm not gonna die here. I'm not gonna die here. I'm not gonna die here He had a gun at his head. He couldn't even move. He'd barely slept the last few days. He was starving. But somewhere, below all that. he still had hope.

Oh how he hated her. Her cold stare went into his very soul as she looked down on his crippled body. She had treated him like a toy. Merely amusement. What more could she do? She began to speak for the first time in a while.

You have the shelter, and I want it. So let me ask you one more time. Or do you still think I wouldn't hurt a kid?

That's it? She still wants nothing but the freezer? Rob would've laughed, but he was to sore. He would've gotten up and left without another word, but he was to exhausted. What could he possibly do? The freezer wasn't her's to take. He had to think of something. Something that would convince her otherwise. He kept on pondering on a way out, but there was only one thing left to do. One more action that could make an impact. One more thing, he could use to rebel against her...

F*** you.
I'm not gonna die here.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am
Sergeant Wolfe slowly became aware that his right arm was in an incredible amount of pain, and he suddenly sat bolt upright, and reached his other arm over the grab it, finding only a dismembered stub. Then the last twenty four hours came rushing back. The attack on the prison, and the loss of his right arm to some lunatic with a sword. Not that Brom blamed the guy for attacking a military installation, he would have himself if he weren't preoccupied with making plans to go AWOL. He'd have to get a prosthetic arm someday soon. It's hard to join a resistance group when you only have one arm.

He heard the sound of metal tapping on concrete, and turned his attention to the flap in his tent compartment.

"The nurses told me that you would be waking up soon, Sergeant." The cybernetic officer moved to a nearby chair, and sat down in it. "I am Major Hunt, and I'm leading up the investigation of the incident at the prison. I was wondering what you knew about the hedgehog who attacked."

Brom looked at his feet. "It's still kind of a blur, sir. The guy showed up, and we surrounded him. He had... a sword, I think. He was fast, too. Took out me and two others before anyone could even react. I don't remember much after that except for the pain."

The mountain lion nodded. "I had guessed as much. You performed your duty to the best of your ability, and I will make sure that you are properly rewarded for your service. I'll also see if I can't get you approved for a new arm, as well. You won't do the military much good in that condition."

Brom sighed. "If it's all the same to you, sir, my term is almost over, and I'd rather just return home to my family. I've seen a lot of bad things in my time, and I really don't think I have a future in this military."

The major stood up. "Very well, if that's how you feel, I will not press the matter. Keep your head down, and things may work out for you." He turned and left the room.

Brom laid back on his cot, and stared at the ceiling of the medical tent. "Where did I go wrong?"

Suddenly, he heard the sound of his cell phone informing him he had received a text message. It had been placed on the table next to his bed.

He reached for the phone, and opened it.

Your family has been moved to a safe place. You can leave when you think it is safe. I do, however, have a plan that may get you out soon, if you're interested.

-Rebel

He smirked. Rebel was an enigma. Some sort of secret underground resistance leader. He'd heard of the underground by word of mouth while he was in Megaopolis one day. Rebel had since been helping him make a plan to get out.

He typed the words 'I'm in.' into his phone, and pressed the send button. Things were looking up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:30 pm
Weyetek got out of the truck and ran to Cain's side. "Cain!? CAIN!?" Weyetek slapped Cain softly on the cheek to wake him.

"Well, was that absolutely necessary?" Cain coughed and rolled onto his left side toward his companion and vomited up blood, and lots of it."Well, that's not supposed to be happening. I apologize for that." Cain stood up slowly and stretched his arms up to the sky and popped his neck and knuckles. He walked with a slight limp and picked up his weapons.

"Cain, are you okay?" Weyetek couldn't believe that this ancient blind tiger stood up like he wasn't just almost killed. "Get in the car Weyetek, there's something you need to know."Cain got back in the driver seat and Weyetek followed suit.

"Cain, how did yo-"
"I knew your father Weyetek, and he knew me. You're very special Weyetek, and it's time you know why."Cain coughed and then continued speaking while the fox sat focusing with incredible intensity."You are a born warrior Weyetek, and no ordinary one at that. You have a feeling no? Right before your opponent strikes you? That feeling is in your blood, focus on it, rely on it. It's the animal in you, the part of you that yearns for bloodshed and violence. You saw me enter a state where I let my animal take over, and now it is a sleeping monster. What I am saying is that you must control yourself. If you don't, you'll be nothing but a mindless beast of violence. However, not all of us are the same, your animal gives you almost super natural reflexes. You have a sense that allows you to be the ultimate hand to hand warrior. Mine is similar but it is rage that is tenacious in it's nature, when I am consumed by it, I crave for the death of my enemies and in the most ruthlessly efficient way.

"Why is it that my father didn't have this when he was attacked by that monstrous mechanical rhino! Why didn't you save him! You could have saved my people, and you let it happen." Weyetek started weeping from the memories of his father as he ran his hair through the small mohawk of hair he had left."I had no idea what was happening until after you reached rapture Weyetek, I found you as soon as I could. You mustn't worry about this now, rest, Tasson." Cain had taken to calling Weyetek, Tasson for it meant little one in the old language. "I want answers now. I want to know everything." "The history of your family runs all the way back to my order Weyetek, you have our mark. The black spot of fur on your tail is not a coincidence. We are burned when brought into existence to pay for the damage we will do in our lives, I am many greats of a grandfather to you, and I'm taking you to safety because you will help me assemble a resistance sect that will take this army down. So rest, Tasson." Weyetek had no idea what to say to his many timed over great grandfather and he had a terrible habit of saying stupid things. "OK, Pop Pop."

Cain started the engine of the truck and steered it toward their final destination and they needed to hurry. Weyetek was in a much more grave situation then he realized. But she would help when they arrived.

`````

After hours of driving the truck rumbled to a halt outside a small camp with a sign out side that read "Bounty Hunter for Hire-Inquire within.  

Tasson

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:39 am
Brom sat in the passenger seat of a transport, the uneven road causing the over sized vehicle to bounce. Rebel's plan was insane, but he had to admit, it may just work. Under the guise of wanting to see the person who injured him suffer in prison, he was going to the military's top prison.

The plan was relatively simple. Apparently, only one guard would escort him to the cell, and Brom would just have to knock that guard out to get the keys. Once the keys were in hand, he could easily get the hedgehog out.

His thoughts were halted when the transport stopped.

"Alright, we're here, now get outta my truck. I got a load of munitions to deliver." The driver scowled at him, he apparently did not like being treated as a bus driver.

"Alright, alright. I'm leavin'." Brom opened the door, and jumped out. A guard walked from the doors of the building he had been dropped off at.

"The higher ups told me you'd be coming. Not many people are willing to look at the person that attacked them, you've got guts." The guard turned around. "Come on, we don't got all day. I've got stuff that needs to be done before my shift is over."

Brom followed the guard into the building, and hoped he wasn't making a huge mistake  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm
Cain shut the truck off, walked to the sign and looked up at a bell hanging from the tree with Weyetek right behind him.

"Maybe they're not here?"

Cain turned his face toward Weyetek and slowly grinned. "You know I see. Just not with my eyes. She's here, and she won't be happy we woke her so early. She shouldn't know who I am. Tell her your injuries are from protecting me from bandits." He rang the bell and a few seconds later a shadow appeared from a tent behind the trees.

Elle moved towards the front of the camp, rubbing her eyes. Early though it may be, a customer was a customer. Only a little grumpily, she moved towards the two figures by the sign. She placed a hand on the handle of her gun, just in case, and called out:

"Good morning! Something I can help you with?"

Cain could sense she wasn't too grumpy and was glad for it. "We're looking for some help for my friend here. He has some serious wounds and could use a place to rest. You wouldn't happen to have some food for sale, would you?" Neither him or Weyetek had eaten in two days and they were hungry.

Weyetek had to make sure his jaw was still attached when he saw the pink echidna step out from her tent and tried not to stare at her for too long so as not to seem creepy. "Stop acting like a pup man, you're making yourself look bad! Be cool, like dad was..." Weyetek steeled himself and got a jolt of confidence from his self pep-talk.

"I don't have any food for sale, but I do have a warm fire and breakfast won't be too long from now. As for healing, I feel that it all starts with a good meal, and we can deal with the rest after."

Elle motioned for the strangers to follow her to the fire. Her eyes quickly assessed the two's outward demeanor, and appearance. They were plainly exhausted, and had many wounds to be healed. The white tiger was obviously blind, but he seemed calm, in control. The fox looked nervous and uncomfortable. She kept her hand at her hip as they walked to the fire.

"My name is Cain by the way. A traveling magician. This is my bod-"

"Weyetek, I'm with the old cat. And you are?" He said with a grin. "That's it, whew. Stay calm."

"I'm Elle." She offered her hand to shake.

Weyetek jumped in front of Cain and made sure he got to shake her hand but was surprised by her grip. He knew right away she knew how to use the beautiful sword strapped to her back. "An honor to meet you. That's a beautiful blade, fit for its suitor no doubt." Weyetek pointed at the blade and smiled as he obviously hit on the pink echidna. "What can I say, she is beautiful...

Cain could barely contain himself when he realized what was going on. Weyetek was acting like a puppy. Cain walked to the fire and sat cross legged. He reached into a pocket in his gi and took out a reed flute and started warming up with some scales.

"Ah, thank you, Weh-yoh-teck, was it?" Elle moved away unnerved by the fox's advances. She started preparing some breakfast, listening to the simple notes from Cain's reed pipes. She smiled at the sound of the music, pouring oats into a boiling pot of water above the fire. She added some sugar and other sweet spices, dancing a little as the tiger's music progressed.

"You play beautifully." Elle said over her shoulder.

"Thank you Elle, short for Evangeline I presume? Your cooking smells delightful, and your dancing isn't bad either." Cain played a happy tune that was slow but light.

"Way-YUH-tek. So how did you become a bounty hunter? You seem awful sweet to be a mercenary." Weyetek sat across from Elle and took his tomahawks off his back and set them down.

Elle put on a pot of coffee. She blushed at his comment but was still frustrated by it. She didn't understand the motive behind his flattery.

Coldly, she glanced at him. "Looks can be deceiving, can't they?" Moving around the fire, she stirred the bubbling meal, smelling its sweetness. Waiting for it to thicken, she arranged the steel bowls and spoons.

Elle felt Weyetek's eyes on her. Her awkwardness grew under the stare. "Coffee, Cain? How about you?" Glancing at Weyetek, she locked eyes with him, her cheeks burning.

"Please, when you're as old as I am. It's a literal necessity." Cain laughed alone at his attempt at humor. When Elle poured Cain's coffee he could sense she was blushing from Weyetek's compliments.

Weyetek wasn't perturbed by the echdina's rebuttal. "You have no idea." He chuckled as he looked at Cain. He looked straight into Elle's bright green eyes as she poured his coffee."There's something about her that I can't put my finger on. I haven't felt this way about anyone in my life and I've only just met her."

Elle stood up from Weyetek trying to recover from his intense attention. She saw to it that they all three had a bowl of meal and sat down to eat. She yawned before taking the first bite of breakfast. Shaking her head she tried clearing the sleep from around her eyes.

"I suppose now would be a good time to discuss how you came to my camp covered in wounds and exhausted almost to death, don't you think?" Smiling over her breakfast, she looked in between the two, waiting for an explanation.

Cain knew he could trust her. He'd decided to tell her the truth. He could tell that Weyetek and her were going to hit it off. He ate the food with luster and filled his stomach. "Elean, you make a great breakfast. However, I need to rest. I don't think Tasson would mind telling you the story." Cain stood and started walking away. He got ten feet away before stopping and looking right at Weyetek."The real one."

Weyetek sighed at Cain's order. He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe."You can do this. Look at her. You can trust her." He opened his eyes and met his gaze with Elle's. "There was nothing I could do to save them..."  

Tasson

Evangeline Darknote

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 pm
"That's it. That's what happened." Weyetek exhaled long and slow, then looked down at the ground and rubbed his face.

Elle watched Weyetek. After a moment she stood up and collected the dishes, quietly cleaning and organizing them. She glanced once more over her shoulder at him, wondering what to say. Turning around, she rubbed her arms and said "I'm sorry. I know nothing really helps when you loose someone, but I understand how you feel. I really do."

She started to move towards him, but lost her nerve. "What solace could you offer? What solace did anyone offer you?"

She turned away, chewing on her lip, unsure of what to say next.

"There's no need to be sorry. The one responsible is dead now." Weyetek took a deep breathe and stood up and walked softly over to Elle until he was shoulder to shoulder with her. "Need some help with these?" He smiled at her and started drying the dishes.

"Yes, thank you." Elle noticed the bruises and dried blood in shocking detail when he was this close. "We should pay some attention to those wounds."

"They look worse than they are. My ribs are all that really hurts. The rest just needs cleaned out." He looked down and realized that he looked terrible. "No wonder, I look like crap." "I suppose you're right. I should wash up first though."

Cain stopped walking and sat cross legged under a tree. He closed his eyes and started meditating.

Elle showed Weyetek to a small creek a short walk away from the camp, where the water was clean, if not frigidly cold. She left him there with her only towel, smiling a little as she heard him groan in the cold.

At the camp she prepared some bandages, and got out the salve she made from local herbs and tree sap. She sat waiting for a moment, until she heard the bushes by the creek rustling, and footsteps leading back to the camp.

"Cold enough for you?" She laughed.

"Heh, You forget. This is the only way I've EVER bathed. You get used to it after a while." Weyetek laughed as he finished drying off his hair and stepped out with his towel and vest in hand. He walked over and sat down at the table she had in camp. He finished drying his tail as he watched her finish preparing. "She really knows what she's doing."

"Ready?" Elle asked. "We have to start by applying the salve to all of the open wounds, but here drink some water first." Handing him her water pouch, she watched as he drank deeply and drained it.

"Whew, sorry. I guess I was a bit more thirsty than I thought." The fox grinned and wiped his mouth.

"Sure, no problem. Now I need you to hold still because I'm going to apply this salve to that cut on your face, and it's probably going to sting a bit. But trust me, by tomorrow its going to feel great." She swiped a glob of it onto her finger and began applying it to the cut. Though she heard him breathe sharply at the sting, he did not move until she was done.

Weyetek let out the breathe of pain he quickly inhaled, then shook it off. "What's next, boss?"

"Next we have to wrap your wrist because I'm afraid you've sprained it." She started wrapping his wrist tightly, the white bandages contrasted against his brown fur. "Is that too tight?"

Weyetek blushed at Elle's touch as she reached for his wrist. The bandage didn't hurt. In fact, his wrist didn't hurt all that bad but he wasn't complaining about the attention from her."N-....No, that's fine. So tell me a little about yourself, you never did tell me about how you became a bounty hunter?

Elle went cold at the question. She couldn't have people knowing about her past. Even Weyetek, who had offered his up so openly. Her parents could never find her.

"I am a bounty hunter because I needed money. Simple as that." She finished wrapping his wrist and started to apply salve to the rest of the cuts on his arms and back, a little less gently. Elle reminded herself that being close to people was dangerous. More dangerous for them, anyway.

When she was done she handed him his vest and tomahawks. "You and your friend had better go. I've given you food, some rest and taken care of your wounds. Unless Cain needs attention I suggest you leave quickly. Even days aren't safe during these uncertain times."

"Oh, alright. I'll go check on him then." Weyetek put his vest on then returned his tomahawks to his back. "Why is she suddenly pushing me away? Weyetek stood up and stared into Elle's eyes. "Elle, you don't need to worry about us....and you don't have to lie. In these times, very few of us can afford to. You don't have to tell me, but please don't lie. Thank you for helping me. I'll go get Cain and see what he plans to do next. He turned to walk in the direction the tiger left.

Elle sighed and tried to shake off the awkwardness of being caught in a lie. "It's better this way." She thought sadly. "It's better this way."

"Last time I checked, sadness was not a better way." Cain walked back into view shaking his head. "Elean, you must realize that we are not a threat. The army is after us as well." Cain sat down at the table where Elle and Weyetek were still standing. "Please, sit. Both of you."

"H-how did you know what I was thinking?"

"I didn't. I know what you're FEELING. The rest was pretty obvious." When she blushed Cain gave her a look that said. "Your secret's safe with me."

Elle sat at the table and stared at the blind tiger, wondering if she should say what had been quietly broiling inside her. "I'm not sure what I am supposed to say."

"I'm not sure either. Something along the lines of, stay as long as you like?" Cain laughed wisely and continued. "We need your help, Elean. There is a war going on out there and we're in the middle of it. I'm not asking you to charge into the front lines. In fact, I'm going to ask you both to stay here."

Weyetek sat down across from Cain at his words. "WHAT! Why!? Weyetek calmed himself. "Why?"

"I told you Tasson, we need people, we can build a resistance, us three together can do this.

I understand."

Elle stood, confused. "Well I don't! What resistance? I'm not apart of any resistance. I am a hired gun. Soldiers, citizens, anyone with money. I don't take sides. And I'm not sure I want to!"

"Elle, please. We need you, I'll give you all the money I have if that's what it takes. Weyetek tried desperately to change her mind."I need you..."

Cain sat silently while he listened for her response.

"Weyetek... It's not this simple." Elle looked between the two and was amazed how quickly this had all happened. She looked around the camp and thought of how lonely she had been. "I can't promise you will be safe here."

"Nor anywhere else until this war is over. I will be leaving after mid-day. I thank you Evangeline." Cain smiled at her as he said this.

"Thank you Elle. I suppose we should get used to each other. I can hunt, and collect firewood."

Elle rubbed her neck. "Welcome to the camp, then. Cain, I'm glad you're staying for a while, feel free to rest. Weyetek, I expect firewood and some form of food for lunch later." She straightened her shoulders and turned away from them. "I will be here splitting wood, and hoping for customers. If you'll excuse me." She waited until she was away from view to smile. She could leave Weyetek waiting for warmth a little while longer, just to be safe.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm
.........................Rebooting...

Continue objective: Locate civilians in Darkroot forest.
Scanning for life signs... Life signs negative.
Mission accomplished. Return to base for further orders.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:29 pm
"-not done yet! *PANT PANT* Put me down! *PANT* Do you really expect me *gulp* to let you in anyway? You, *PANT* you know what? ...Y-you're stupider then I thought! Yeah. *PANT* That's it."

"Aren't you too tired to run your mouth?"
That should be true enough. She walked on her bruised shin away from the shattered the street lamp, now weighted down by the limp rabbit leaned on her shoulder. He'd been too stubborn or tired to walk himself. Her head was splitting and his yelled childish threats where not helping.

"You're so stupi-, *PANT gulp* y'rs-stupd, y'actchu-y thin-kiellet'chu-en? *PANT* 'll-yrrong! Im nah-"

She simply reached over and shut his jaw.
Just... save yourself the embarrassment and shut up.
Looking east, she hadn't noticed the very most edge of dawn was rusting the horizon. She turned her head up in the cold caressing rain to once again examine the desolate brick wall he'd somehow walked through earlier.

She shrugged her shaking shoulder to get his attention.
Are you gonna open it, or are you going to tell me how?

He scoffed, almost snorted.
"Pfffftt. Tell you? *PANT* Me? Tell you?"

Her grip on his magnum tighten. She tried to send him every angry, annoyed thing she was thinking in one look. He could handle the swear words.

Heavy sigh. "There's, a hook *gulp, PANT* over us."

A hook? Yes, the hook was on a thin rope rapped around the rail to the right of the balcony. So what.

"Put me down dammit. I *pant* ...I don't want you breaking anything. Let me show you how to open the f****** thing."

Oh, you bratty sonova-
"Fine."

She let him side off and stepped back to watch.
Mumbling complaints, he grabbed the rope and with several failed attempts, threw it through a loop on the wall.

Her eyes widened slightly as a portion of the wall actually slid to the side reveling the doorway from the balcony. He pulled a rope ladder out from the entry. That's how he did it... you can't see anything from the outside.

Opening her wings, she landed onto the slippery railing, careful to avoid the weak corner where the metal had given out. The kid flashed for a nasty look to remind her HE went first. And how he took his sweet time... but she stayed put.

After him, Night tucked into the entry. He reached behind her and pulled the wall shut. It got so much quieter once it was, that driving rain was now a small patter. She sighed in relief. Her head stopped throbbing so much.

The kid sat and clanked a lantern onto the floor next to him in front of a dark entry. His hands on either side of him balled into fists.

"Don't make yourself comfortable. The bed's mine, and don't touch anything either. *gulp* Just get out of here as soon as possible."

"I plan to." She said through her teeth, examining everything in the room but him. "Not that your in any position to be making demands..."
He just sat at the entrance and glared at her, not saying another word.
freak

She wandered in and realized it was still just as cold in here. A desk on the left wall, a heater was going, is that really only half a mattress?
Better than where I was yesterday...

Night turned her back to him for a second. She scooped the 'sphere' out of her pocket. Didn't even notice I have it. She set the magnum on the desk next to it; no need for it now. Poor thing, kinda beat up and long in need of cleaning. What a horrible way to treat a tool. It looks like he's had it a long time but that's no excuse.

Hm? Wait a minuet. He's quiet...

Night turned, looking over her shoulder, to stifle a choke.
HE'S ASLEEP?! Siting against the corner... Right in the middle of his tantrum...
How. simple.
He's... mature, but more of a child at heart than he knows.

She looked down at her open hands. Still shaking. Sleep is what she'd need too.

Night flopped down horizontal on the end of the mattress. She pealed off her wet coat and pulled it over her, holding it tight across her chest. Just staring at the ceiling.

The silence was perfect for echoing memories. Everything that had happened in two years. They didn't hurt so bad anymore, just void. Listening to them was like listening to the tinkling of a worn out music box.

Everything that had happened in two years... all the things that 'old self' had done to prove herself, to herself. Running away, the locket, loosing her last name, the stolen Beretta ... How unnecessary.

Things finally started turning up in her favor. To finally be away from some of their consequences, to be in somewhere quiet and safe, though unwelcome, like this, she could almost be grateful.

Oh, you stupid girl, don't waste you time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 pm
Brom Wolfe followed the guard on duty deep into the recesses of the Megaopolis prison. This one was much higher security than the one in Rapture had been, that was certain. Brom had been searched, thoroughly, three times now.

The guard opened another heavy door. "This is it, buddy. The guy's down this hall. Colonel... General Winters says we've got nothing to fear from him. Says the cell was specially designed for people like him. I can't tell the difference, but I'm not about to start questioning an officer." He led Brom down the hall as he spoke. He stopped at a cell marked D045. "Cell D045. This is the place."

Brom walked up behind the guard. "Any cameras down here, in case he tries something?"

"Nah, this guy seems too tired to do any-"

The guards sentence was cut short as Brom's fist connected with the back of his head, knocking him cold. Brom quickly collected the guard's keys, and stepped over to the door. "Your name's Ronin, right?"

The hedgehog within listened to the thud of the falling guard and the rattling of keys thereafter. "Yes. I am Ronin. You feel... familiar. Have we met?"

The fur on the back of Brom's neck bristled. "Yes... we've met. You scored me my ticket out of the military with your stunt in Rapture. I'm here to return the favor."

Ronin stood up. "I didn't think anyone out there even knew I was in here. Must be my lucky day." He walked over to the door, and looked through the barred window. "I take it that arm is my handiwork?"

Brom pushed back the fear as he unlocked the cell. "Yes. You took my arm in Rapture." He pushed the door, and it swung inward. Although it was true Brom had not gotten a good look at the hedgehog before, he could tell there was a marked difference in his expression. Where before, his eyes had screamed his anger, now they only looked tired.  

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:43 am
The early day's sun shone brightly, reflecting brilliantly off of the river, and even more so from Charlie's aviators. He stood by the river, waiting impatiently for his delivery.

What the heck?? I made that order some time ago... I thought that guy seemed kinda fishy... He said it'd be here waiting for me. Maybe he got the place wrong...? If I'm gonna be moving around, I'm gonna need somewhere to keep my bike!

He let out a deep sigh as his mind started to wander. What a night he'd been through... It had been the second worst night he had ever had. He tried not to think about it. He looked over the horizon and squinted at the sun as it poured its rays over him. Though, as he cupped his hand over his eyes, his mind wandered once more to the events of the previous night.

The T.V. sent dancing lights across the living room floor, continuing as though nothing was wrong. Charlie hadn’t been watching it. He’d been on the phone nearly all day, into the night, and as the tiny hours of morning crept up on him, he was long since nearing the end of his patience.

“No! I did not flippin intend to push one! I pushed three ‘cuz I WANTED to!! KRUMN!! YES, it is correct!! No, I-- Five! YES, I meant to say FIVE! TWO!! NO, I SAID TWO!! I WANT TO TALK TO A LIVING BREATHING PERSON!!

Would yo-- >{click}< A representative will be with you shortly. Please hold. You call is very important to us. Estimated wait time is five minutes.

Charlie let out a deep sigh. He was still having a hard time believing that he had to deal with an automated system to get a status report on his brother’s whereabouts. He set his phone to hands-free, crammed the earpiece in and began to pace the kitchen.

Stupid… Why can’t he-- Hello…? Officer Walton?? Yeah, this is Char-- Yes, that is my identification number! Charlie Taft! I’m calling about Jer-- What? No, no… I just need to know how the search is going! What?? That’s not-- No! I have to work IN THE MORNING, and he better be here by then! He can’t just be-- No, you don’t understand! Do you know what kind of stupid trouble he’ll get himself into!? He’s not known for his regard of the law! You better find him and bring him here! I can’t afford-- Would you SHUT UP and LISTEN to me finish a SINGLE SENTENCE?! No, you know what? NO! I’m going out to find him, and both you AND him better hope those stupid new police bots find him before I do!! They will call me WHEN they pick him up, so I can get home before they get there! Otherwise, you’ll be hearing from me in the VERY near future!”

>{click}<

He walked over to the counter and slammed his fists, sending a pencil flying into the sink. He just stood staring at it for a second, completely silent.
It was just all more than he could take.
Ignoring the pencil as it soaked in the tinged, soapy water, Charlie stormed into the living room and swung the closet door open, fully unaware of the resulting thud. He slung his black leather coat over his shoulders and grabbed his helmet from the shelf, a big ‘45’ staring at him from the well shined and polished surface. He stormed out the front door, slamming it behind him, not noticing the muffled crack and jingling that followed from inside. The garage door was hefted upward, and Charlie walked his Harley out of the gaping doorway. It was the first careful thing he’d done all night. He swung his leg over the seat and revved the engine. Once his helmet was on, he took off.

STUPID-- Why can’t he see what he’s putting me through?! How could he be so selfish… After everything I’ve been through, you’d think he’d be a bit more sympathetic! I mean, it’s not like I don’t know how he feels! We lost the same things! AAGH, he just MAKES ME NUTS! All he ever says is ‘I don’t care what you think’, ‘I don’t care what you say’, ‘I don’t care what you want’, ‘I don’t CARE what you do’!!
He doesn’t care, he doesn’t CARE, he doesn’t CARE and he doesn’t CARE!! WHEN’S HE GONNA LEARN TO STINKIN CARE?!”

He sped over the curb to cut the corner he had just come to, tearing rivets into the lawn as he went.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE HE WOULD JUST--”

He skidded to a sudden stop, his back wheel finding its way to his right and turning him a full 90 degrees. A small group of those Police Bots were up ahead, blocking the road off completely. One had turned to face him, holding up its hand like a true traffic champion.

>SIR. THIS ROAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.<

“Ya don’t say!! Really??

>YES. A DETOUR CAN BE PROVIDED IF NECESSARY. ADDITIONALLY, IT IS WELL BEYOND THE ALLOTTED SAFETY HOUR. I MUST ASK THAT YOU RETURN T--<

“Shut up, you lugnut! I’m Charlie Taft, and I’m joining the search for Jeremy!”

>THIS IS NOT ADVISABLE. IT IS ALSO UNNECESSARY. PLEA--<

Wrong. I know where to look and where not to bother. I have a WAY better chance of finding him than you do! Give me a night pass, and I’ll find him in less than twenty minutes!”

>:-:- razz ROCESSING POSSIBLE OUTCOMES:-:-:LOGIC IS SOUND:-:-:NIGHT PASS GRANTED. YOU WILL BE ESCORTED BY 3 OFFICERS.<

“WHAT-- Oh, fine. Whatever. Let me through.”

Charlie straightened out his bike as the Bots cleared a path through the middle of the street. He rode through, white knuckled, a scowl on his face, and three Bots tailing him.
He spent the next hour searching to no avail. Twice now he’d been confronted by his stowaways about his timeframe, and nearly six times he’d told then to stuff it in places they don’t actually have. After running out of patience yet another countless time after yet another countless alley corner, Charlie heard a loud aluminum gong-like sound followed by a steady stream of cursing.

There…! Just two streets ahead of me!

He took a quick glance back at the Bots, only to find them standing there waiting to follow him further. He rolled his eyes and took off in the direction that the sound had come from, skidding around the corner once he reached it. He came to a stop face to face with three kids, all dressed in tattered, black clothes, each one of them holding a gun and a can of spray paint. Charlie let the bike’s motor die, propped it on its stand, swung his leg over the side and started walking toward them.

“JEREMY!!”

“What the he-- Oh shi--”

“Shut UP! What the HECK is the matter with you!? I’ve been--”

SUBJECT FOUND. PREPARE TO APPREHEND.

The three police bots moved forward in unison, each raising their hands and pointing their small tazers at the young curfew breakers.

“WHAT do you think you’re DOING?? Stop--hey, STOP THAT!!I can take care of-- OOF!
The nearest bot shoved Charlie out of the way to gain a better shot of the offenders. Jeremy grinned widely at that.

“Normally, I’d be laughing my A** OFF, but I don’t think you’d get it…”

With that, he ducked between the nearest bots, stopping only for a second to smirk at Charlie, and took off down the street. The E-poL bots faced the two remaining vandals and immediately shot them with the tazers, giving them absolutely no chance to try to make a break for it.

“KRUMN! What is the matter with you?? AGH, I’ll get him myself!”

THAT WOULD BE UNADVISABLE. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

Charlie revved his bike up again and did a quick 180. He threw his answer to the bot’s request over his shoulder,

“Yeah, that worked real well, didn’t it!? Thanks, but NO thanks! I’ll deal with it MYSELF. Go stuff yourselves.”

THAT WOULD BE LARGELY IMPOSSI--

Charlie didn’t hear the rest. He had already taken off and sent himself hurtling in the direction Jeremy had run off to.

He wouldn’t be going home... Even though he’s headed the right way... No, I think he’s gonna go to that STUPID skate park! I’ll cut him off there...!

After he arrived at the skate park, Charlie felt a fleeting instant of doubt pass over him, one that was dashed when Jeremy came crashing over the fence to his left. The bike revved, there was the sound of an attempted curse, and the next thing Jeremy knew was he was running awkwardly, or perhaps leaping would be more accurate, alongside the bike as it sped up the road, unable to break free of Charlie’s firm grip on his forearm.

Charlie decided not to go over the events of the brutal fight that ensued afterward for the millionth time... He just didn’t have the energy at this point. He took in a huge breath, held on to it as though it were the last one he’d get, and then let it go slowly. He cringed at the thought of what Jeremy would do in that house on his own... But it was too late to change his mind. Even if he did go back, it’s not like Jeremy would stay in the house anyway. At least this way Charlie knew the brat would stay there, and not decide to go live under some bridge somewhere.

Ugg... KRUMN...

It was... all just too much.
I’ve GOT to stop thinking about it! Just put it OUT of my mind!
He looked over the horizon once more hoping to see his new Harley Holder as he’d decided he was going to call it.
Still no sign.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:18 pm
Shane hadn't made many friends while in the Army. He never felt like he connected with the rest of the brainwashed soldiers. So it was a relief to hear that the squadron was able to take the rest of the day off. So much had transpired that morning and it was all blurred together like a dream. I need a pack of smokes. He had seen enough of Megapolis to know his way around town, so he decided to make his way to a nearby convenience store that gave discounted cigs to soldiers; something about the stores supply being connected to the Army or something... he didn't really care, so long as he could get his fix of nicotine. Without it, he generally couldn't do much of anything and became rather sick. What friends he did have, way back when, used to tell him he had an addictive personality and should therefore stay away from such things; they were probably right.

A little bell rang as he opened the front door to the small shop. The clerk wasn't at the counter, so he assumed he was in back. Shane had to wait for him to return in order to purchase the cigarettes. He wandered around the store looking at the different snacks and drinks, seeing if anything looked good, until he came to the refrigerated beverages. A 3D neon hologram sign with the word NEW was rotating above one of the doors, promoting what looked like a new energy drink; 'Emer-X'. He took one out to look at it closer. "They say that thing is guaranteed to add energy to your body the instant the first drop hits your tongue." Shane turned around to see the clerk standing behind the counter. "That's what the other soldiers have been saying anyway. Personally, I don't need that kind of boost. A good old fashioned cup of joe is all I need to get me through the day." Shane closed the fridge door and walked up to the counter, placing the can down. "I'll take the drink and a pack of Darien's." The clerk rung him up and Shane made his way out to the street.

He took a metal lighter out of his pocket and lit one of the smokes. His mind wandered back to that morning. What the heck was with the object in the water? I didn’t actually trip and fall, but I felt like I was drawn to the object, it was pulling me towards it somehow. It was like a gem, sparkling in the water. It felt the same as the object in the sack that we delivered. They must be related somehow. It’s only a matter of time before I’m brought in for questioning then. I have to get out of this Army full of lies and secrets. Shane stood at the corner of the street and finished his cigarette, watching the busy city life go by him. He popped the top on the energy drink and took a swig.

He felt himself fill with energy, like he was ready to take on the whole city. It feels good, but that has got to be one of the worst after-tastes I’ve ever experienced. He took up his canteen to wash the taste away but he stopped when he heard a strange crackling noise. He looked into the canteen and was astonished to see it frozen solid. How the hell did the water freeze? He felt that it had something to do with his river experience. He took another drink of the Emer-X as he felt parched. He would have to get passed the taste, though he longed for a drink of cool water. As he placed the canteen back at his side, he heard it swish with liquid. Shane was getting very confused. He took out the canteen again and looked inside. Sure enough, it was full of unfrozen water once more. He stared at the water, just watching for a minute. Mobians passing by looked at him as if he was crazy. He took a drink of the water, somewhat cautiously. It felt cool and refreshing, and tasted normal. The Army must have something to do with this. It’s those damn gems we transported. They’re affecting me like some kind of radiation or something. Either I’m hallucinating or I just turned this water into ice and then back into water. They’ll be after me for sure. I have to get out of here and find someone who can help, or at least someone that can tell me what’s going on. Shane finished off the Emer-X and lit another cigarette. He disappeared into a crowd and made his way out of town.

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas