Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

V_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm
95% of the voices suck, and where is all the blood from the subbed version. That pisses me off.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:48 am
I Enjoy the Dub much more then the japanese version, actually

First off, I am tired of everybody complaining about Naruto's voice and how many times he says Believe it. I think the saying Believe it is pretty cool and not that annoying. Oh and get a grip. He only says once or twice, not every other word or somtihng. Oh and I think Believe it is better than Dattebayo or however you spell it because quite frankly, Dattebayo, so I hear, dosen't have a translation. And Naruto's voice isn't all that squeaky. I think the Japanses version sounds A LOT worse than the dubbed version. In Japanese he sounds very odd o_O And I laugh a lot when I hear it.

And I also say we could live without seeing blood flow left to right. We don't need to see it all the time! The occasional high-flying nosebleeds will be missed, but that's it. I'm a queasy person, so I don't need to see it. My little sister watches Naruto, and she's 7. I really don't want to hear her telling her friends that she watched a show about some guys arm getting chopped off and blood going all over the place! And I also don't want to hear her ranting about Naruto and Sasuke kissing. She watches soap opras as it is, she shouldn't see two guys kissing (even by accident) At least the whole scene wasn't blotted out all together. THAT would have sucked, for I am a Yaoi fan. And plus, NarutoxSasuke. Ick.

Somthing I will miss though is the language. It's a show dealing with fighting and ninja's and stuff. We need to hear the occasional damn once in a while, I will say that. But, I know this point has been brought up, It's on Toonami. If it wasn't, we would hear damn and we would see blood. But, I guess the people working at Toonami just don't like that. Big freaking deal.

So, with that all said and done, I will go away now. ( Wow I never relized I could rant so much o_O)  

Public Pervert

Reticence

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:39 am
Its nice to hear so much feed back. I would really like to get around
to establishing more on the newer episodes. And instead of continuing
on my continuous rant on the bad things about the American version,
I would commonly like to refer to the better things. Improvements &
such if anyone has any...

And a quick thanks to Hoshiko for her feedback. Like everyone else
here I want you to know that I do appreciate you all for taking this topic
so seriously. Its not much of an issue to me anymore but it is still some-
thing that bothers me every one and a while. But. Ha. Its just a cartoon
right? (and to all the other fans besides myself, please dont shoot me)

x3~

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Hoshiko-Narutos_Girl

First off, I am tired of everybody complaining about Naruto's voice and how many times he says Believe it. I think the saying Believe it is pretty cool and not that annoying. Oh and get a grip. He only says once or twice, not every other word or somtihng. Oh and I think Believe it is better than Dattebayo or however you spell it because quite frankly, Dattebayo, so I hear, dosen't have a translation. And Naruto's voice isn't all that squeaky. I think the Japanses version sounds A LOT worse than the dubbed version. In Japanese he sounds very odd o_O And I laugh a lot when I hear it.

And I also say we could live without seeing blood flow left to right. We don't need to see it all the time! The occasional high-flying nosebleeds will be missed, but that's it. I'm a queasy person, so I don't need to see it. My little sister watches Naruto, and she's 7. I really don't want to hear her telling her friends that she watched a show about some guys arm getting chopped off and blood going all over the place! And I also don't want to hear her ranting about Naruto and Sasuke kissing. She watches soap opras as it is, she shouldn't see two guys kissing (even by accident) At least the whole scene wasn't blotted out all together. THAT would have sucked, for I am a Yaoi fan. And plus, NarutoxSasuke. Ick.

Somthing I will miss though is the language. It's a show dealing with fighting and ninja's and stuff. We need to hear the occasional damn once in a while, I will say that. But, I know this point has been brought up, It's on Toonami. If it wasn't, we would hear damn and we would see blood. But, I guess the people working at Toonami just don't like that. Big freaking deal.

So, with that all said and done, I will go away now. ( Wow I never relized I could rant so much o_O)
The show was never meant for 7 year olds in the first place, I don't see why they changed the rating. And the seiyuu portray the characters perfectly, and Junko is a perfect Naruto. No one could beat her whee heart

Eternal Transience

Reticence

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:11 am
~chibi kagome62~
The show was never meant for 7 year olds in the first place...

You have made a very good point.

*Nods rapidly* & I wish that Toonami would
see that. I am sitting in my library and there
are at least three 7 years olds watching clips
from the next episodes. Haha.

@Chibi Kagome: I love your animated sig.
It makes me giggle inside.

XD!!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:04 pm
I hate the english voices.... They suck
Sakuras voice - When she yells..........ugh...........Its...........just Horrible
Naruto - 2 words: sounds constipated
Sasuke - His is just plain bad
Iruka - I hate his voice, it sounds like crap..... If crap had a voice
Kakashi - His sounds not all that bad I think
Rock Lee - His is one of the worst, I hate it so much cause he just sounds too retarded
Zabuza - His voice I noticed is actually Wolverine from X-men legends (the game)

These are just my reasons for hating these voices... They are my opinion not facts. Don't bash my opinions  

XGreen Eggs And SpamX

Reticence

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 pm

Someone seems optomistic. *Cough*
Did I even spell that right..? *Snoozes*

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:48 pm
~chibi kagome62~
Hoshiko-Narutos_Girl

The show was never meant for 7 year olds in the first place, I don't see why they changed the rating. And the seiyuu portray the characters perfectly, and Junko is a perfect Naruto. No one could beat her whee heart

Well I don't even want her watching Naruto in the first place but she won't listen to me! Oh, how it annoys me so. Maybe one day they vwill put the show on [Adult Swim] But the voices woudn't change so everybody ould complain over the voices that are perfectly fine.  

Public Pervert

panda-shinobi

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:37 am
i dont watch them, unless..i see that there on ill watch it but, there kinda boring...some of the voices are okay, but most of them suck...once it gets into the more exciting episodes i think it will get a little better  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:47 am
Naruto is Naruto.

If I happen to be watching it when it comes on the television,
then I cant help but stay tuned. Until someone like Rock Lee
talks. Then it turns off... Very quickly.

>_>

Reticence

Public Pervert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:24 pm
I don't find Rock Lee's voice bad, but it's just the way he talks Like, for example, he never says don't, he says do not.

" I do not believe you can defeat me." not like a normal thirteen youar old would say, which is " I don't believe you can beat me." He's just to litarite for his age.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:09 pm
You know compared to other dubs they did a pretty good job the only thing I would change is Naruto's quote "Believe It". Obviously they took out gore, it's cartoon network some 7 year old doesn't care if Naruto starts spilling out blood. Do you honestly think cartoon network is thinking of a 13 and up audience who wants every fricken thing to be perfect. If Naruto was made in America are you saying you would hate it and not watch it... of course you are.  

Otaku1093

fantasydreamer74

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:35 pm
It has been a long time since I watched the show, last time I watched it they were still doing filler episodes, I should purchase the episodes from 119-whereever they are. Are they still doing fillers? Yeah I happend to come by it in English on t.v. last weekend, hah they are soo behind with the forest of death, man it has come a long ways. There are some alright voices in english and some not so well, but I suppose it can be like that in every anime, the only ones I find flawless dubs are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. There are pretty good other Dubs like Escaflowne or Evangelion or Fruits Basket, but not like flawless. There are more annoying things other than believe it! Trust me, like in Escaflowne with Merle saying LORD VAN! I swear each time I hear it I want to shoot myself, sure I don't really like hearing believe it but it is bearable compared to Merle, bleh. I still find how they say the "Bingo Book" pretty funny though XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:34 pm
both naruto and sasuke sound like little bitches in the english version but so did naruto in the japanesses version smile  

jebwashere

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces