Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Quote:
Quote:
What "could be", isn't worth worrying about. If we worried about what "could be", then we wouldn't be messing with the Supercollider, because it "could" destroy the earth.

We are messing with the Supercollider because we want to know what will happen when we mess with it.

Despite what "could" happen. We are not worrying about the "possibilities", we're doing it, anyway. So, obviously, a lot of IMPORTANT people, follow my logic.
I'd just like to say that the whole 'LHC will destroy the earth' thing was impossible, and obviously created by someone who has little or no knowledge of astrophysics. When an object turns into a black hole, its mass does not actually change, only its volume and therefore density. As its mass doesn't change, neither does its inherent gravitational pull. If our sun magically poof'd and turned into a black hole, the planets' orbits wouldn't change at all. The same thing would happen at a subatomic level.

Well, I know it's "impossible", but we all remember how apeshit everyone went, about the "fear" of the "possibilities". And yet, despite these fears, the project went on as scheduled.

These guys have NO IDEA what to expect, as a result of this project. Hell, it very well COULD destroy the earth, in some way or another (for all we know), but they pressed on, just the same.

Quote:
Also, about the whole 'cars are a necessity' debate that I can't find any more, I'd like to point out an article I read just five minutes ago about that Scottish lady who won "Britain's Got Talent" for singing. Says she lives in the same house she was born in. The pub is two buildings down. The post office is another house down from that. The Catholic church is across from the post office. She's never owned a car, never had a computer, and she's always, ALWAYS walked wherever she has to go. No, cars are not a necessity. You don't HAVE to live far from your job. You don't HAVE to travel much at all. You could just as easily own a corner store and live in the loft above it. Many people live just like that.

Thank you.

He believes that cars are a necessity, because of how people in England, and US respectively, live. We MAKE cars necessary to us, because we don't have the ******** PATIENCE to walk that 5 miles to wherever the ******** we're going. Yes, I'm guilty of it, myself, a lot of times.

We have adopted a high speed lifestyle, where if it takes longer than 30 minutes to accomplish, it's too ******** slow! When you live that sort of life, then yes, a car would FEEL like a necessity. But make no mistake, if cars disappeared tomorrow, despite the hardship we would be faced with, due to the sudden lack of luxury, we would survive.

Bicycles would simply become more popular than they are now. And the obesity thing would vanish, almost overnight.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:55 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Quote:
Quote:
What "could be", isn't worth worrying about. If we worried about what "could be", then we wouldn't be messing with the Supercollider, because it "could" destroy the earth.

We are messing with the Supercollider because we want to know what will happen when we mess with it.

Despite what "could" happen. We are not worrying about the "possibilities", we're doing it, anyway. So, obviously, a lot of IMPORTANT people, follow my logic.
I'd just like to say that the whole 'LHC will destroy the earth' thing was impossible, and obviously created by someone who has little or no knowledge of astrophysics. When an object turns into a black hole, its mass does not actually change, only its volume and therefore density. As its mass doesn't change, neither does its inherent gravitational pull. If our sun magically poof'd and turned into a black hole, the planets' orbits wouldn't change at all. The same thing would happen at a subatomic level.

Well, I know it's "impossible", but we all remember how apeshit everyone went, about the "fear" of the "possibilities". And yet, despite these fears, the project went on as scheduled.

These guys have NO IDEA what to expect, as a result of this project. Hell, it very well COULD destroy the earth, in some way or another (for all we know), but they pressed on, just the same.
They were meddling with forces they didn't understand in order to understand them. While I suppose there was a possibility that something could have gone horribly, horribly wrong and killed everyone, SKYNET is a more likely end to humanity than the LHC.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, about the whole 'cars are a necessity' debate that I can't find any more, I'd like to point out an article I read just five minutes ago about that Scottish lady who won "Britain's Got Talent" for singing. Says she lives in the same house she was born in. The pub is two buildings down. The post office is another house down from that. The Catholic church is across from the post office. She's never owned a car, never had a computer, and she's always, ALWAYS walked wherever she has to go. No, cars are not a necessity. You don't HAVE to live far from your job. You don't HAVE to travel much at all. You could just as easily own a corner store and live in the loft above it. Many people live just like that.

Thank you.

He believes that cars are a necessity, because of how people in England, and US respectively, live. We MAKE cars necessary to us, because we don't have the ******** PATIENCE to walk that 5 miles to wherever the ******** we're going. Yes, I'm guilty of it, myself, a lot of times.

We have adopted a high speed lifestyle, where if it takes longer than 30 minutes to accomplish, it's too ******** slow! When you live that sort of life, then yes, a car would FEEL like a necessity. But make no mistake, if cars disappeared tomorrow, despite the hardship we would be faced with, due to the sudden lack of luxury, we would survive.

Bicycles would simply become more popular than they are now. And the obesity thing would vanish, almost overnight.
It would certainly bring back the traveling doctor. House calls have pretty much vanished in human medicine.

Also, horses would be really popular again.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Quote:

Unrealistic speculation.

It would be more open than that since the base formula is just the plant. They may be able to copyright a strain they modified but not the plant itself. So unless you are stealing their seeds, growing your own would likely be legal to remove drug cartel influence further.

Anyways why should we care if people illegally buy easily laced versions of the same plant or grow their own? Majority wouldn't care about taxation and buy it with markup since it guarantees the plant has no lacing (unless the package specifies) or no effort (versus growing). And even with the odd arrests there would still be fewer in jail because you can't just arrest anyone you find it on with it legalised.

Unrealistic in your opinion.

Do people grow their own tobacco? Yes the do, but do you see them selling it to people in the open? No because thats is illegal. Its the same case with marijuana.

Maybe because your mother, father, grandparents, friends, lover, girlfriend, boyfriend, cousin, or any family member that you have that smokes needs their fix but can't afford it?

And besides even if they grow their own product, they would need to purchase a permit in order to sell it, which could cost God knows what.

Quote:
Nope, you just leave sooner, work less and/or move.

I drive to school and get there on time each day.
My friend bikes to school and arrives on time each day.

The difference?

Me - 5 kilometers away, flat
Friend - Really ******** far and up a mountain.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Leaving sooner does not mean you will get their on time. Why? Because some people have to get to work nicely dressed and if your walking in the hot a** summer sun, you will be sweating your ball off and I believe that if you want to keep your job you need to stay professionally dressed and clean.

Next is the factor that you have to consider which is this. If your job is about ten miles away and you get paid about 800 dollars away than moving would definitely be foolish.

And working less does not mean you will get their on time by walking so a car or some other form of vehicle that can transport your a** to your destination on time with out having to worry about foolish things.

Holy s**t! Your friend must be Lance ******** Armstron... no he is not. I bet he has to wake up early in order to get to school on time and depending on what time he goes to bed, that equals less sleep which in turn equals less focus for said school. And he probably smells like sweat and a**.
Quote:

Bike/horse/walking, takes a while but you'll get there.

Because everyone has a horse? No no they dont.

Yes biking and walking are DEFINITELY the healthiest way to do it and yes you will get their eventually but will you still have your job if you were late several times and it even be worse if that job got you lots of spending and saving money. Oh man I guess that one got away.

But it does not have to be work either. It could be a appointment with the doctor, or maybe you have a flight planned, or like I said maybe the ambulance is not available and you need to drive your broken a** to the hospital.

Quote:
The person dies. Population is an issue now so the Earth goes, "Yay."
They should have not been doing whatever it is that they were doing, have been more careful doing it, learned how to do basic treatment for common injuries or just tough s**t.

You may not care if that person dies but there WILL be people that WILL care. And I guess they should blame YOU and EVERYONE ELSE that says automotive vehicles are unnecessary since apparently none of this sort of things has happened to you so heres an example of YOU not knowing what you are talking about.

And no the Earth does not go "Yay". If your to ignorant to realize, when someone dies in most cultures, everybody stops what they are doing and mourn for their own personal select period of time.

Fool. Once again you do not know what your talking about. Sometime things happen out of know where and people suffer for it. Its not their fault at all in fact its the fault of the person that either caused the harm by accident or on purpose for example: A robbery where someone shoots into a crowd of innocent civilians and kills five people? Was it their fault they were doing what they wanted to do which was walk around, enjoy the day, shop for goods? No it wasn't.
Quote:
None of which you stated.

Read my response to black wing angel. You will find a few reasons and there MOAR and I mean MOAR. You want to list them all out for you so you can understand what Im trying to point out?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Unrealistic speculation.

It would be more open than that since the base formula is just the plant. They may be able to copyright a strain they modified but not the plant itself. So unless you are stealing their seeds, growing your own would likely be legal to remove drug cartel influence further.

Anyways why should we care if people illegally buy easily laced versions of the same plant or grow their own? Majority wouldn't care about taxation and buy it with markup since it guarantees the plant has no lacing (unless the package specifies) or no effort (versus growing). And even with the odd arrests there would still be fewer in jail because you can't just arrest anyone you find it on with it legalised.

Do people grow their own tobacco? Yes the do, but do you see them selling it to people in the open? No because thats is illegal. Its the same case with marijuana.

Yes, SOME people will do illegal things with it. We know this. But who gives a ******** people do illegal stuff with COMPUTERS, but do we ban those, because of the possibility of illegal activity?

No. Why? Because what a few people do with it, does not affect what MANY CAN do with it. The people who act in illegal manners, are dealt with accordingly.

So, again, who gives a flying fat ******** if a few people will do illegal things with a legal product? It doesn't ******** matter. Get over it.

Quote:
Maybe because your mother, father, grandparents, friends, lover, girlfriend, boyfriend, cousin, or any family member that you have that smokes needs their fix but can't afford it?

Not possible with marijuana. it is NOT CHEMICALLY ADDICTIVE! It is IMPOSSIBLE to NEED a fix. Want, badly? Sure, but not needed, ever.

And you make it sound like a pack of joints would cost $150 each. MAYBE $5 at MOST. That's not so bad. If you can't afford THAT price, then you don't need the product, now do you?

You care FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too much about the smallest problems, and treat them like end of the world s**t. A few people being too piss-poor to afford legal marijuana is THEIR ******** PROBLEM AND SHOULD NOT FALL ON ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES!

The idea of legalization is to make it legal for those who CAN afford it.
Quote:
Quote:

The difference?

Leaving sooner does not mean you will get their on time. Why? Because some people have to get to work nicely dressed and if your walking in the hot a** summer sun, you will be sweating your ball off and I believe that if you want to keep your job you need to stay professionally dressed and clean.

Most jobs that require a "professional" appearance, also pay well enough to afford the luxury of a car. And if it doesn't, then is it really worth having that job?

If I'm dressed up, for work, and I mean in clothes that I can not afford to get dirty, then I better be making a GODDAMN GOOD LIVING, for it. Otherwise, I'm going to be looking for a better job.

Quote:
Next is the factor that you have to consider which is this. If your job is about ten miles away and you get paid about 800 dollars away than moving would definitely be foolish.

Then get a closer job. Yes, we're not in great economic times, but someone who's truly crafty CAN find a job if they try.

Quote:
And working less does not mean you will get their on time by walking so a car or some other form of vehicle that can transport your a** to your destination on time with out having to worry about foolish things.

It's still a luxury. You could survive without it.

Quote:
Holy s**t! Your friend must be Lance ******** Armstron... no he is not. I bet he has to wake up early in order to get to school on time and depending on what time he goes to bed, that equals less sleep which in turn equals less focus for said school.

Not necessarily. Not everyone needs 8 hours of sleep. Me? I can go all day on 4, if I really had to. And I SELDOM get more than 5 or 6.

Quote:
And he probably smells like sweat and a**.

Or, maybe he actually bathes, and uses antiperspirant? Is that possible?

Quote:

And not everyone has a car, either. So what's your point?

Quote:
Yes biking and walking are DEFINITELY the healthiest way to do it and yes you will get their eventually but will you still have your job if you were late several times and it even be worse if that job got you lots of spending and saving money. Oh man I guess that one got away.

Well, only an idiot lives in a house that's 15 miles away from work, if they don't have the luxury of speedy travel.

Smart people would move to a closer location, so that they can afford to walk.

And, we're not worried about the idiots, are we?

Quote:
But it does not have to be work either. It could be a appointment with the doctor, or maybe you have a flight planned, or like I said maybe the ambulance is not available and you need to drive your broken a** to the hospital.

If you can't afford a CAR, you have no business going on any trip that involves air travel.

Appointment? Afford yourself some time. Leave early enough, or call a cab, or something. Just because you don't own a vehicle, doesn't mean you can't get there on time.

Ambulance can't get to you? Well, you have to die someday, right? And it looks like your number is up. Thanks for playing the game of life.

Quote:
Quote:

They should have not been doing whatever it is that they were doing, have been more careful doing it, learned how to do basic treatment for common injuries or just tough s**t.

You may not care if that person dies but there WILL be people that WILL care.

And they'd have to deal with the loss SOMEDAY, wouldn't they?

Quote:
And I guess they should blame YOU and EVERYONE ELSE that says automotive vehicles are unnecessary since apparently none of this sort of things has happened to you so heres an example of YOU not knowing what you are talking about.

I have a buddy who has never owned a car in his life. TWICE now, his heart has stopped beating in his chest. He survived because he was smart enough to live in a location which is within reach of an ambulance.

So, yes, I DO know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
And no the Earth does not go "Yay". If your to ignorant to realize, when someone dies in most cultures, everybody stops what they are doing and mourn for their own personal select period of time.

LOL!!!!

Maybe in Jolly old England. But in America, we only do that for IMPORTANT people. Hell, a guy I knew COMMITTED SUICIDE last week. And life went on, as usual. The only difference being that there was an interesting new subject to talk about, at break time.

The world kept RIGHT ON turning. No one "stopped" to mourn, except for his family. The rest of us still pressed on with our lives.

Quote:
Fool. Once again you do not know what your talking about. Sometime things happen out of know where and people suffer for it. Its not their fault at all in fact its the fault of the person that either caused the harm by accident or on purpose for example: A robbery where someone shoots into a crowd of innocent civilians and kills five people? Was it their fault they were doing what they wanted to do which was walk around, enjoy the day, shop for goods? No it wasn't.

No, but it IS the fault of the person who robbed the place. They generally get punished for it. Attempted robbery with 5 counts of murder.

What more do you want?

Quote:
Quote:

Read my response to black wing angel. You will find a few reasons and there MOAR and I mean MOAR. You want to list them all out for you so you can understand what Im trying to point out?

You haven't listed ONE reason why it should be illegal, except for your own OPINIONS regarding the substance.

NOT ONE NEGATIVE FACT that is compelling enough to warrant a ban on marijuana.

"BUTZ IT IZ BADD FOAR YER LUNGZ!!" So what? So are cigarettes and car exhaust! And they're my lungs, and I'll pollute them with whatever the ******** I want, won't I?

"IT MAEKZ U LAZY!" Bullshit. It does not. I've worked with stoners, and they can EASILY be some of the hardest workers, out there.

"THERZ BETTUR THINGZ 2 DU WIF UR TIEM!!" That's your opinion, and nothing more.

Yeah, nothing "compelling" here.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm
Quote:
But YOU don't have to own it. Even if it's still an automotive, by using IT, instead of your own car, then you're reducing emissions. Besides that, even without ambulances, if we really HAD to get you to the hospital really fast, because you're just SOOOOO important, that your death is not acceptable, then there's always the old fashioned horse and buggy. Sure, not as "efficient" as an automotive, but it works in a pinch.

Because if I wanted to move from my house to somewhere off in the distance, say about, forty miles away, then I should call the ambulance and ask them if they can help me move my s**t all the way over there?
They would laugh and hang up the phone.

Why?
Because and ambulance if for medical purposes only.

I am going to call FOOL on you. A life is a life and whether YOU dont give a damn about, OTHER PEOPLE WILL. That is a good case of selfishness sir and that is horrible.

So lets say your mother had a heart attack and she couldnt get to the hospital because YOU outlawed all sorts of automotive. I guess her death matter does it? Not to me it does, but perhaps to you. And realize some things right now.

Whats faster?

A horse pulling a big a** wagon or an ambulance that has about five hundred times more strength than that horse?

Quote:
People did just fine before cars were invented, didn't they?

They are not necessary, because you can always use a horse, or your own feet. The only reason it SEEMS like a necessity, is because, in today's world, we over abuse them, too much. It's ok if you live 12 miles away from where you work, because that's only a 15 minute drive! However, before the car became what it is today, people rode horses to work, or just walked. And they didn't get jobs that were more than a couple of miles from home.

It is possible to survive without a car, so it is not a necessity. OXYGEN is a necessity. A car, is not. No matter how much you make yourself rely on one, you can survive without it.

Sure they did better with out cars, like for example getting mugged by thieves that decided to jump them since they were walking through the forest and I guess the settlers that moved westward in the united states did better since they were attacked by indians without the help of something that could have gotten them away faster and protected them?

A car may be a double edged sword but its a sword that cuts other things more than your self.

Once again, that may have been how it worked back in the day but theres now such a thing as "job opportunities" that are farther away but will be worth it since they provide more money for you in the long run.

Yes you can survive without one, but for how long will you survive when it comes to the economy of today? Not very long.
Quote:
Live closer, and leave earlier. Problem solved.

Problem solved if we lived back in the 1850's which my calendar with the pretty Hawaiian lady tells me different.

And besides if there was a job in a car factory, would you actually move that close to something that belches all sorts of poisons all around it? Now try that with a family.

Quote:
And do you actually NEED to travel great distances, or is that another thing you WANT to do, but don't NEED to do?

Yes, I'm going to be taking a 300 mile trip to see my aunt and uncle, next week. But make no mistake, I don't HAVE to do it. I WANT to do it.

Actually yes some people NEED to do it. For example when a BIG hurricane strikes Florida with strong gale force wins that will topple buildings and throw things around like rag dolls, and the Government issues a state of emergency that immediate evacuation of certain ares in Florida need to be taken than YES it is very very necessary.

But then again if your traveling long distance for pleasure you might as well take a plane. But I guess we dont need those either do we?
Quote:

Your survival is not a necessity (except to yourself). You could die tomorrow, and the world would keep on spinning. Your longevity is pure luxury.

Besides, you have to die someday, right?

Oh yes you do have to die someday and thats probably the only thing so far that you have said that has made sense.

My survival would affect alot of people and I am NOT saying that because I am vain. I am talking about the grief of my family and the grief of my friends that will last for a while, but then again since Im still dead and I wont come back my memory will always be with them. It is a necessity since when some people die, the ones affected the most are affected psychology and that will never go away no matter what you smoke, what you drink or what you do.

And that goes for any mother ******** on the planet that dies, whether it be a young child of only 5 years or an old b*****d of 88 years.

Quote:
Fixed.

And here is a perfect example of why your a bad debater. You dont like my opinion so your going to cross out my opinion and insert YOUR opinion.

Dont change my text at all.
Quote:
Indeed. And you've done absolutely no better.

Well hot damn! You're right! I have given you my opinion but still you try to change my opinion with yours.

Quote:

Having to worry about being arrested for enjoying a substance you wish to indulge in, would be a personal problem, wouldn't it?

Yes it would be but that is an entirely different conversation. This is about making a substance legal for more than just personal use.
Quote:
They could always move closer. Or get a job that's closer to them. Being able to get to work in a decent span of time, from where they currently live, is simply more convenient.

Yes maybe but not always available especially in the economic crisis going on every where.

Sometimes people cant afford to move because of said problem.
Quote:
And your opinion is, as best I can tell, in minority. There are more people that I know, who beg for legalization, than who actively PUSH for the status quo.

And that doesn't make them right does it? No it does not.
A majority of opinions does not make the actual thing right. Thats basically saying "My group yells louder than yours so that means we are right."

No it doesn't.

Quote:
No, it won't be "glamorous", but it won't be the dark age that you predict, either.

Lol I never said anything about a dark age.
Quote:
Oh, I did. I slothed to work at 35 to 60 mph, blaring Rammstein through my 10 inch subwoofers kept in my trunk, and my Sony Xplode CD player, because I can afford such awesome luxuries. But I CERTAINLY don't need them.

But that has nothing to do with the car itself does it? Those things are accessories and I believe we were not talking about accessories.
Quote:
Yes. And by doing the "lolcats" thing, it helps make my opponent's opinion look foolish.

Mind you, I only use it when I deem it acceptable to do so. I do not abuse it.

Because mockery makes you look more right? No thats what children do not grown up adults, unless your a child stuck in a man's body than maybe I could understand that. I thought you wanted a "mature" conversation.
Quote:
That's why I explained it to you, isn't it?

You most certainly did.
Quote:
Your logic? Or did they already have that logic? Sounds like the second one is right.
Quote:
Uh, depending on the argument in question.

Which is why I typed that statement in the first place.
Quote:

And, as an individual with rights, that decision is yours to make.

We all make decisions, and bare the consequences of them.

Yes you are right. We as human beings bare those consequences on our shoulders, but knowledge attained from those consequences can be used to prevent future consequences.
Quote:
No, I really wouldn't be surprised, because I already know how different peoples' reactions may be.

You seemed to allude, however, to the idea that everyone acts as a hero. But this is not so common, actually. I grant you the Virginia Tech massacre. No one, NOT ONE ******** PERSON, dared to confront the killer. The victims ran for safety, and the cops stayed outside. Your argument is one that says that every one of those victims, as well as every one of those cops, would've charged him. But NO ONE did.

So, no, not everyone is a hero in waiting.

Putting words in my mouth much?

I said something along the lines of this : "People react differently to different stimuli" That means that anything can happen depending on the situation.

And I am going to question you on something: How would you know if they didnt do anything? For all you know people could have tried to do something about it but were gunned down as they approached him.
Quote:
And there's some sort of problem with having a lack of curiosity?

Curiosity is not always a great thing. If I was curious as to what bleach tastes like, I likely wouldn't be here today, would I?

Well you just said something about the super collider and how we mess with it so that we can see what happens and how people follow your logic.

Why would you drink bleach in the first place? Oh I know! Because you have common sense.
Quote:
Ok, I forgot what we were arguing about in this part.

I believe that we were arguing about how drugs affect people. Im not sure though.
Quote:
I agree. But you can tell a kid JUST how bad it is, and that might not stop them. My parents told me ALLLLLLLLLLL about how bad smoking tobacco is, and I've had a few cigars in my day.

Actually, a lot of the time, the "rebel" factor kicks in, and people do EXACTLY what they're told not to do.

This is ESPECIALLY true with kids. That's why "reverse psychology" works so well.

Yes you are right. It does not work all the time because no system is perfect and there is no way there will be a system that is perfect, but if it does prevent it from happening than I would have to say mission accomplished but you are right about that, there is plenty of other ways to stop it from happening but like I just typed, no system is perfect but can help in ways.
Quote:
I don't.

Opinion vs. Opinion
Quote:
Which, as Americans, we have our right to be. You don't like it, that's obvious, but then, who the ******** are you?

Right you do but does that make it right? No it doesnt because last I heard, obesity is a major problem in the States.

Who am I? Well Im not a lazy ******** I can tell you that much.
Quote:

No, I live in micro city in Missouri. If you're interested in consuming alcohol, gambling, or are a tourist who's "sight seeing", then there's not a lot for you in this place.

Yes, TOURISTS love this place, but once you've lived in this town ALL YOUR LIFE, and have seen all the sights 20 times, they're not so appealing, anymore.

Perhaps a move is in order, with your horse and buggy.
Quote:
And I give a ******** about your opinion on the matter, why, exactly?

Well you certainly want me to give a ******** about yours now dont you?
Quote:
Who the ******** are YOU to judge their morality? Morality is subjective, you know. Just because YOU find it bad, doesn't MAKE it bad.
Once again thats my opinion but your statement here is also an opinion.
Quote:
Time enjoyed is never time wasted.

And who are they following? They just don't want to go outside, and would rather sit and get wasted. It's not like someone told them "Eh, ******** it, you should just get sloshed!" They are following THEIR OWN desire to sit and get sloshed.

In your opinion, but truth be told: do they enjoy their drugs, or do they do it because they cant help it?

Quote:
Why do you cling to this impression that anyone who is fond of doing drugs, is "just following the leader"? People do it FOR THEIR OWN ******** REASONS! That's actually VERY individual. It's all of the people who say "NUU! DRUGZ IZ BAADD CUZ DA LAW SEZ SOW!!" that are "following the leader" and refusing to be individual.

So, congratulations, you're a walking contradiction!

Ha nice try.

Talk to alot of people that have dont all sorts of drugs. Not just weed but some heavier variants like cocaine or heroine. You will come to find that the main reason why they did it is because everyone else wanted to do it so in order to fit in they did it as well. SO their individualism gets murdered pretty easily now doesn't it? Sure some people may have done it because they wanted to but it doesnt always happen that way.
Realize this also: What if the leader is doing something right? What would be wrong with following a good example?
Quote:
But true, just the same.

True in the realm of opinions and opinions only reside in your mind.
Quote:

Hey, you can't completely defeat nature. We never will advance that far. However, we've come to the point where we can manipulate the elements of nature. We can CREATE and manipulate fire, at will. We can force the power of electricity to bend to our will, and we can even CREATE WIND! (Fans)

Hell, we've pushed back the laws of death! Once upon a time, if your heart stopped, that was it, game over. Now, even if your heart stops, you still have a chance. And we've beaten diseases that were once LETHAL.

NO OTHER ANIMAL ON EARTH, has ever been as advanced as we are, today. None have ever given nature the middle finger, as well as we have.

Sure, every now and then, nature kicks our a**, but we've kicked hers, many times over.

Yes and thats called technology.

Oh yeah your right! But I dont think everyone has a defibrillator at hand at all times so that means that they need to go the hospital but I guess they are going to have to take their horse and buggy there and die before they reach it rolleyes

But like you said, nature is more powerful than man and will always be more powerful.
Quote:

You can "wish" all the ******** you want. But you do not have the right to refuse someone else their sense of enjoyment, because you don't like what it does to them.

As long as they are hurting no one but themselves, then it's none of your business, and you "caring" about them, just makes you look like a self-righteous a*****e.

Once again is it a sense of enjoyment or a hidden addiction and from what I remember an addiction is something one does because they can't help doing it.

Bullshit. What are the police and fire departments for then? Since a fire or crime is not happening to them then they should just not care then right?
Quote:
Actually, constitutionally, it really is one.

What were we talking about?
Quote:

You're not seeing "less" graves in the ground. You're only postponing how long it takes for those graves to appear. In the end, we all still die. So what if a few people would rather choose their method of death? If they want to die of cancer, that's their business.

Wrong. You are seeing less graves in the ground that don't need to be in the ground, yet. Yes we all die eventually but why not give people the opportunity to live their life before their appointed day of death?

If they want to die of cancer than its a doctors responsibility to give them treatment and try to prevent a death from happening.
Quote:

Yes it is. There are more than enough people here for you to rely on, without having to worry about each little person who puts a joint to their lips.

Hell, we're OVER populated, as it is.

And thats my own business now isnt it?

And so what? That means its okay if someone dies because they are replaceable right?

What are you a ******** robot or something?
Quote:

Also known as "being a self-righteous jackass". There's nothing to gain from worrying about people who's lives do not impact you, except a sense of "I'M BEING A GOOD PERSON! TEE-HEE-HEE!".

Some people don't WANT you to care for them.

In your opinion. And no Im not doing anything self righteous since I dont think I am any better than anyone else. Yeah there is something to gain like the sense of satisfaction that YOU made a difference in someone elses life. Now when I say YOU I dont mean me in general but anybody that cares enough to help.

And whats wrong with being a good person? Nothing at all.

Quote:
Interest" is not proportionate to "Importance". A world leader died, around the same time Britney Spears lost what little bit of a ******** mind she ever had. Which is actually "more important" to the world? And which one gained more "interest"?

I can tell you, I never heard a lot of people talking about that world leader, but everywhere I went, "OMG! BRITNEY SHAVED HER HEAD!!!"

So, there ya go.

And that would mean one thing and one thing only: They are too blind to see what else is going on because t.v. entertainment is something that is designed to occupy your mind from the situations happening around you.
Quote:

Because it is. If they want to be worthless, that's their decision, and I respect their right to it.

True, but is it healthy for them to be? Let them rot because they dont affect me? Foolish.
Quote:
And yet, they're still tearing down the forests, aren't they?

Yeah they are, but people need to live somewhere dont they?
Quote:

But you know that something bad IS LIKELY to happen, don't you?

However, if a transaction at a gas station goes awry, that's a lot more surprising, isn't it?

Yes it is but something bad can happen at the 7/11 as well so whats your point?
Quote:
If they can't afford it, then they shouldn't have it. Recreational drugs are a luxury. You can survive without them. So, if you can't afford the prices set by the government, then you don't get the product. Unless you're willing to take the risk on an illegal deal, which is YOUR problem.

Let's say I want a brand new car. I can't afford it, so I now have 2 options:

1) buy something I CAN afford

2) get a "new" car on the black market (the equivilent of buying black market drugs)

If I go with option 2, and get arrested, who's fault is that?

Luxuries are for people who can afford them.

Oh, and at least with government regulated prices, there is a REGULATED price. Currently, you never know what the dealer will charge you. He may charge you $30, or $50, or MORE, depending on how bad you want it, and how much he feels like raping your wallet.

The government can set a price for the product, that you can't be "raped" by. It's a set price. It's not going to be $30 for your first hit, and then when you come back as an addict, suddenly the price goes up, because they know how bad you want it. Dealers DO do that to people.

Oh so drugs are unnecessary then? Everything you just posted makes my point of drugs being unnecessary all the more true.
Quote:
You ACTIVELY SAID that you'd rather there be NO recreational drugs available to anyone. You did not mention "but I respect peoples' rights to make their own choices".

Oh me so sorry. I guess from now on I need to put "in my opinion" after everything I say then? I dont see you doing that much so why should I do that?
Quote:
And we will oppose them.

Because you dont like what they like.
Quote:
Because, logically speaking, that's ONE LESS product they can sell. TECHNICALLY, that is LOST PROFIT.

It's basic ******** economics!

The less product you have to sell, the less money you can make.

Uh no your wrong (in my opinion). Gangs are very proficient at getting the goods they need that make them the most money.
Quote:

No, I'm supporting their right to deal with their problem. It's still not my problem, because I'm not affected by it, either way.

Indirectly caring is indirectly caring.
Quote:
Read my above rebuttal.

Read my counter to your rebuttal.
Quote:
It works on a lot more people than you'd believe.

And yes, I am an internet master.

Alot doesnt mean all.

Internet master in Bizzarro.
Quote:
Very true. However, it has better odds than a clearly visible van that might as well have "SUSPCIOUS ACTIVITY OVER HERE!" written on it.

The less visible you are, the better your success rate.

Yes but a man can only carry so much while a truck disguised as something else can carry so much more!
Quote:

Because they ******** want to. The reason they want to, is irrelevant.

In your opinion.
Quote:

The recession aside. And I doubt the recession would affect it that much. A pack of cigarettes are about $3 here. I can't imagine marijuana being much more expensive than that. Plus, marijuana isn't chemically addictive, so if money is REALLY tight, you COULD just do without, until you can afford more.

Although, yes, there WILL be idiots. There will ALWAYS be idiots.

I guess the real life fact of people losing jobs and businesses going out of business is all just an illusion.

Do it again so more hard earned money is wasted? Foolish (in my opinion)
Quote:
They NEED (in their own mind) cigarettes, due to chemical addiction to nicotine. Marijuana lacks any chemically addictive properties. There will be no "need" of any kind, for marijuana, only "strong desire".

Oh but wait! What about the people that need it to relax and forget about their problems! I guess since they dont need marijuana they will just have to face their problems face to face! OH NOES!
Quote:
Wow, you really think so? It's an expression used metaphorically to express the fact that, as best I can tell, I have you in a situation where you can not possibly win. At least, you haven't been doing too good a job, as of yet.

Ha ha ha.

Wow you are definitely one hell of a character.

First of all, all you've done is spew opinions at me left and right which are always just going to be opinions. You have not hit with me with documented facts or anything. Just what YOU and ONLY YOU think. The sentences above are all just YOUR opinion. In reality and not Bizarro land, I have responded to each and every one of your quotes fully and entirely so if your saying that I have just been talking out of my a**, than no, your the one that has been doing a bad job.

Cockiness is cockiness and you are full of it. Too bad it doesnt work all the time.
Quote:
I don't believe battleship supports an "R" category. Maybe "A7" would be a better expression.

Advanced Battleship does. Bigger board means longer games.

Still though, how many times are you and me going to "A7" or even "R7" each other?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 pm
Quote:
Quote:
So you're saying that a folding stock lets you put it in a smaller place? Sounds a lot like what I said.

Try to aim a folded-stock rifle. Shooting from the hip is really damn hard, and holding the thing up in front of your face to use the sights gets you popped in the nose.

Uh no. You said it allows you to put it into storage. I said its easier for it to be concealed.

Besides you dont have to look down a sight to hit someone, especially in close quarters.

And yes I have and I have had no problems. Once again it depends on the users strength.
I've tried shooting from the hip at 50 feet. I've never once hit the target. Despite the fact that perhaps you could shoot the rifle like that, why would you ever WANT to? It offers absolutely no advantages.

Oh, and I should mention that the AR-style collapsible stock was covered under that ban. The reason it collapses is to adjust for different sizes of shooter, not for storage or concealment. If you wanted a short one, the A1 stock is readily available and cheaper than a collapsible (though they look funny and more or less prevent you from letting a friend comfortably shoot your rifle). Or you could just take the whole thing off and leave the buffer tube, though that would force you to fire it from the hip.

Quote:
Quote:
Dunno. Because there's no such thing as new marksmen, and only criminals have no experience shooting? Only outlaws want to be accurate when shooting a gun?

Uh there is. Believe it not, some people have an hand for shooting rifles and pistols. Its as if its in their genes.

Who says criminals have no experience shooting? They could have been in the military for all you know or perhaps they practice some where else.
Exactly. So why should we make rifles harder to aim?

Quote:
Quote:
Read that again. No, the M203 has been banned since 1986. It wasn't included in the ban because it was ALREADY banned. Yeah, you can still buy them. They're a couple thousand bucks. The ammo for them is about $300 a round too, because not only are they rare, each and every round is an NFA Class III weapon (destructive device) and requires a $200 tax stamp and a signature to transfer [sell] it.

Also, no. Rifle grenades are rare as ********. It's hard to find an INERT grenade. You'll never find a live one in the US. And even if you DID find one, it'd be the same DD, $200 tax to buy it.

Sarcasm is sarcasm.

Oh well then thats a problem for you.
Exactly again. So why ban something that has absolutely no use in killing? Many surplus rifles from the 40's and 50's had these attachments on them, and now we're not allowed to own them anymore, because they also have a bayonet lug on them. Funny thing to find on an old military weapon, huh?

Quote:
Quote:
And they've never been used in a crime. Never. So why ban them? They just make rifles look cooler with a bayonet attached.

And you said it. If you REALLY wanted to bayonet someone, you'd just tape a knife to your gun.

Because they can potentially be used in a crime and they are made for the purpose of stabbing people.

Knives can be used for anything so you couldnt ban them.
I could potentially stab someone to death with my c**k, it doesn't mean you should ban it. The last recorded bayonet kill in the US Military was VIETNAM. If ANYONE was going to stab a b***h with a mounted bayonet it'd be the military, but even they can't find a place to do it. And it should be noted that they didn't ban bayonets, only bayonet LUGS. You could still mount the bayonet over your barrel and tape it in place. There are plenty of things which could 'potentially' be used to kill someone. Car collisions take 33% more lives every year than guns, but they're not banned. Many crimes are perpetrated with baseball bats. I have a friend who was crippled with a crowbar, and once her store was held up with a screwdriver. Trotsky was killed with a mountaineering axe. None of these things are even vaguely regulated (except cars, but that's thin regulation), yet they're quite commonly used in crime.

And yet Britain is trying. What's the length limit on a knife there, 4"?
Quote:
Quote:
Cho, the guy who shot up Virginia Tech, reloaded SEVENTEEN TIMES, and witnesses at the scene saw him reloading INDIVIDUAL BULLETS into the magazines because they were empty. eBay records show he purchased his magazines there. eBay still abides by the assault weapons ban and won't allow the sale of any parts which would make a normal weapon an 'assault weapon'. This means all but the magazine the gun came with were 10-round 'standard capacity' magazines. Still, nobody stopped him. You think things would have changed at all if he'd been forced to reload only 9 times?

He still would have killed people yes but at a faster rate.
Whether it took ten seconds or two weeks, the death count is the same. He killed people until he ran out of bullets. Doesn't matter how many rounds fit in his magazines, he emptied the BOXES before he finished. If he'd bought more bullets he probably would have used them.
Quote:
Also false. Those high-caps are friggin' long (8.5"), and they don't fit quite right in a mag holster. Makes you look like your hips are happy to see four different people at once.

ROFL

Yes they are long, but theres no reason why you cant have a tac-vest on your body and keep them there. Some tactical vests are designed to carry hi-caps.
High cap RIFLE mags. It should be noted though that "high cap" mags are what generally come with an AR. If you've ever put a 10-round ('standard capacity') magazine into an AR, it nearly disappears into the rifle. It's obvious that the rifle was never meant to take a magazine that small. It was built around a 30-round magazine. I challenge you to find me a tactical vest that is built to take a 33-round Glock magazine.

Not to mention that tactical vests are rather conspicuous.
Quote:
Quote:
Or a hunter, or a target shooter, or someone in home defense. There's a million reasons why you shouldn't be blind after taking a shot. There are very few reasons why you should. Why would anyone WANT to be blind after shooting? It's happened to me, it wasn't fun at all.

Then they should wear flash reducing glasses. They make them. Regardless though it does seem kind of silly.
Why not just use a flash hider? It does the same thing, but without the silly glasses.

All of this, lets talk about in another discussion. I like the fact that your a weapons expert and I would like to talk to you about this.

Now to continue.
Quote:
I know you're not American, you've said so previously. It doesn't change the fact that you ducked logic with a 'witty' retort about Obama.

Yes it may have been witty but the words before it are very very true.
Quote:
I like to think that people know what's best for themselves. And assuming I'm wrong and nobody closer to them than I tells them what they're doing is ******** retarded (or they do and said retard ignores them) they deserve what they get. I grew up in the school of hard knocks and it worked rather well for me.

In a more specific view though, I see no reason why pot should be banned and other, far more harmful drugs should be legal and glamorized. I mean, have you ever read a Playboy? Check out the cigarette and alcohol ads in there. I mean DAMN.

It too bad that they dont and thats why sometimes people need to step up and help a person out. If they did something that caused another person to harm them on purpose then yeah that is their problem. If they are getting harmed for no reason at all than thats definitely a problem someone on the outside should help out with (in my opinion)

But they arn't though are they? Cocaine is still illegal right? Or did the world go crazy?
Quote:
You may not think you're being a d**k, but everyone else here seems to agree with me that you're acting like a condescending a*****e. So please, for the sake of civility, knock it off. It's extremely annoying.

You and everyone else as in you and two other people.

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 pm
Quote:

Yes, SOME people will do illegal things with it. We know this. But who gives a ******** people do illegal stuff with COMPUTERS, but do we ban those, because of the possibility of illegal activity?

No. Why? Because what a few people do with it, does not affect what MANY CAN do with it. The people who act in illegal manners, are dealt with accordingly.

So, again, who gives a flying fat ******** if a few people will do illegal things with a legal product? It doesn't ******** matter. Get over it.

Who is going to give a ********? How about the government and corporations that dont want other people making money off of what they make money of.
Quote:
N
ot possible with marijuana. it is NOT CHEMICALLY ADDICTIVE! It is IMPOSSIBLE to NEED a fix. Want, badly? Sure, but not needed, ever.

And you make it sound like a pack of joints would cost $150 each. MAYBE $5 at MOST. That's not so bad. If you can't afford THAT price, then you don't need the product, now do you?

You care FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too much about the smallest problems, and treat them like end of the world s**t. A few people being too piss-poor to afford legal marijuana is THEIR ******** PROBLEM AND SHOULD NOT FALL ON ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES!

The idea of legalization is to make it legal for those who CAN afford it. ******** poor people, ok? If your income is so low that you can't afford what could be $5 for one pack of joints, then you SEEEEEEERIOUSLY need to readjust your budget. Eliminate some needless spending. Or just cut back on your weed consumption.

You act like it's the end of the world if ONE ******** PERSON can't afford it. There are a lot of people who can't afford a LOT of s**t. They just do without. LUXURIES ARE FOR THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THEM!

Once again this can be all summed up in a few words: Why do it at all since it sucks your money up and is basically unnecessary.

Also, like I said, if a person is going through depression or perhaps they cant sleep right or maybe they dont want to think about how bad things are going for them, then they sure as hell seem to NEED that joint in order to avoid the above things.

And its not just one ******** person. Its a whole bunch of ******** people because of everyone getting laid off their jobs and becoming jobless.
Quote:
Most jobs that require a "professional" appearance, also pay well enough to afford the luxury of a car. And if it doesn't, then is it really worth having that job?

If I'm dressed up, for work, and I mean in clothes that I can not afford to get dirty, then I better be making a GODDAMN GOOD LIVING, for it. Otherwise, I'm going to be looking for a better job.

Once again though, does that mean a better job would be closer or farther?

It certainly depend on the location now doesn't it?
Quote:
Then get a closer job. Yes, we're not in great economic times, but someone who's truly crafty CAN find a job if they try.

Location location ******** depends on WHERE THEY LIVE.
Quote:

Same as with Marijuana.
Quote:
Not necessarily. Not everyone needs 8 hours of sleep. Me? I can go all day on 4, if I really had to. And I SELDOM get more than 5 or 6.

Look up "recommended hours of sleep for people at different ages".

You may be able to function on less sleep but how efficiently?

Besides that just YOU and your an Adult.
Quote:

Yes he could bath but it kind of defeats the purpose if he has to walk to his work.

Antiperspirant works for pits and only for the pits. Theres no antiperspirant for your body.
Quote:

My point is that people make do with what they have but your options are limited when you can only walk.
Quote:

Well, only an idiot lives in a house that's 15 miles away from work, if they don't have the luxury of speedy travel.

Let me sing you a little e-song:

Oh location! Oh location!

For ******** sake location!

It all depends on the location!
Quote:

If you can't afford a CAR, you have no business going on any trip that involves air travel.

Appointment? Afford yourself some time. Leave early enough, or call a cab, or something. Just because you don't own a vehicle, doesn't mean you can't get there on time.

Ambulance can't get to you? Well, you have to die someday, right? And it looks like your number is up. Thanks for playing the game of life.

Correct and also correct, oh wait a cab is a car! Holy ******** you just contradicted yourself!

You dont have to die at that time though...

If we have the tech to save someone then why not use it?

Once again your cockiness shows its retarded face.

Quote:

Yes they would, but why should they worry about it now when they can worry about it later. Besides, knowing that someone died peacefully is a whole lot better than knowing that they were murdered or (insert non natural death here)
Quote:
I have a buddy who has never owned a car in his life. TWICE now, his heart has stopped beating in his chest. He survived because he was smart enough to live in a location which is within reach of an ambulance.

Holy ********! He survived? Really? Because of the AMBULANCE? OH MY GOD.

:/

Once again location is the word of the day.

I guess you really dont.
Quote:
LOL!!!!

Maybe in Jolly old England. But in America, we only do that for IMPORTANT people. Hell, a guy I knew COMMITTED SUICIDE last week. And life went on, as usual. The only difference being that there was an interesting new subject to talk about, at break time.

The world kept RIGHT ON turning. No one "stopped" to mourn, except for his family. The rest of us still pressed on with our lives.

"no one stopped to mourn except for his family"

You just proved yourself wrong.

Also that kind of shows the bad character that seems to happen alot over there. Not saying that everyone is like that but still.
Quote:
No, but it IS the fault of the person who robbed the place. They generally get punished for it. Attempted robbery with 5 counts of murder.

What more do you want?

I said that >_>
Quote:
You haven't listed ONE reason why it should be illegal, except for your own OPINIONS regarding the substance.

"BUTZ IT IZ BADD FOAR YER LUNGZ!!" So what? So are cigarettes and car exhaust! And they're my lungs, and I'll pollute them with whatever the ******** I want, won't I?

"IT MAEKZ U LAZY!" Bullshit. It does not. I've worked with stoners, and they can EASILY be some of the hardest workers, out there.

For one we were talking about cars.

Now its time for me to show you up with your own words.

Yes I may have said my opinions. That is true.
ALL you have said are exactly the same: JUST YOUR OWN OPINIONS. There wasnt anything like "Oh it has benefits like (insert benefits here)"
No none of that, just "OH EM GEE CHECKZMATEZ *****!!!!" and a whole lot more bullshit.

"But its bad for your lungs!"
Thats a negative. Any kind of smoke in your lungs is bad.

"It makes you lazy." It does make you lazy. Sitting own on your couch watching Spanish people talk and laughing at the way they talk is lazy.

"There better things to do with your time" It may be my opinion but many many people see that as a fact.

Your opinion is "ZOMG HAR HARZ SOME PEOPLEZ DONT HAVEZ NOTHINGZ TO DOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Not true.

Something is only compelling if the person sees it as such and since you dont agree with my opinions than thats the only way you see it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:50 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Who is going to give a ********? How about the government and corporations that dont want other people making money off of what they make money of.

Then they should punish those people, accordingly, shouldn't they?

Quote:
Quote:
Not possible with marijuana. it is NOT CHEMICALLY ADDICTIVE! It is IMPOSSIBLE to NEED a fix. Want, badly? Sure, but not needed, ever.

The idea of legalization is to make it legal for those who CAN afford it. ******** poor people, ok? If your income is so low that you can't afford what could be $5 for one pack of joints, then you SEEEEEEERIOUSLY need to readjust your budget. Eliminate some needless spending. Or just cut back on your weed consumption.

You act like it's the end of the world if ONE ******** PERSON can't afford it. There are a lot of people who can't afford a LOT of s**t. They just do without. LUXURIES ARE FOR THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THEM!

Once again this can be all summed up in a few words: Why do it at all since it sucks your money up and is basically unnecessary.

I'm going to say this one more time. Let it sink into that skull of yours. BECAUSE THEY ******** WANT TO! They don't have to have a legitimate reason to. And if they can afford to, then why the ******** not?

Why bother playing video games? They're just a "waste of your time and money", and SOME people can't afford them!

OH NOEZ! LETZ BAN DA VIDEO GAEMZ!

Quote:
Quote:
Also, like I said, if a person is going through depression or perhaps they cant sleep right or maybe they dont want to think about how bad things are going for them, then they sure as hell seem to NEED that joint in order to avoid the above things.

No, they don't. It just HELPS them get over it. It's like when you have a bad headache, and you take an aspirin. Even if you didn't take that aspirin, you would survive. The aspirin just makes it easier to bare.

Quote:
And its not just one ******** person. Its a whole bunch of ******** people because of everyone getting laid off their jobs and becoming jobless.

And that has NOTHING to do with me, or the millions of people who still have jobs, does it? Let the people who have no job, deal with their problems, themselves. If I can afford it, then I don't care who can't, do I?

Otherwise, we could use that logic to ban people living in mansions, because "A WHOLE ******** LOT OF PEOPLE" can't afford to live in them. So why should the people who CAN afford to, be allowed to? Right?

Quote:
Quote:

Once again though, does that mean a better job would be closer or farther?

Could be, either way, depending on how far I go for the job I currently have.

If I quit my job at the factory I work at (about a mile and a half away) to work at the bar down the street (I literally walk past it, often), I'm getting closer to home, aren't I?

Quote:
It certainly depend on the location now doesn't it?

Unless you signed a lease that says "YEW KANT MUV OWT FOAR ____ YEERZ!" then you're not obligated to stay in said house. You can always move closer to your new job.

Quote:
Quote:

Location location ******** depends on WHERE THEY LIVE.

And if their CURRENT location sucks, they can find a new location.

Welcome to America. Where you can come and go as you please!

Quote:
Quote:

Same as with Marijuana.]/quote]

Very true. But, seeing as how I can live without my car, but no one's going to force me to try, then why should I be forced to live without marijuana, which is a luxury I don't need?

It's not about what you "need", but what you "want". Luxury, if you can afford it, ******** YEAH!

Quote:
Quote:

Look up "recommended hours of sleep for people at different ages".

You may be able to function on less sleep but how efficiently?

Just ******** fine, actually. I am a hard worker, even with only 4 hours of sleep.

Sure, it may take about 15 minutes to get me up and going, but after that, I'm good.

I also happen to have ADHD. I can only wonder if that plays into it or not. But the fact is that "recommended" sleep records, are not accurate for everyone. We're all unique. Just because it says that I should have at least 8, doesn't mean I MYSELF can't go on 4. "Individual results may vary"

Oh, and the recommended "diet" plans tend to recommend peanuts, due to their high protein. But there are people who are so deadly allergic to peanuts, that ONE TINY SPECK of peanut dust, can prove lethal, to them.
Quote:
Besides that just YOU and your an Adult.

Yes, I'm 23.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes he could bath but it kind of defeats the purpose if he has to walk to his work.

It defeats the purpose of not smelling like a sweaty jock-strap?

Quote:
Antiperspirant works for pits and only for the pits. Theres no antiperspirant for your body.

True, but some people never sweat. My mom is one of those people. They don't have anything to worry about, do they?

If you ever see my mom sweating, she'd have to be on the verge of death.

Quote:
Quote:

My point is that people make do with what they have but your options are limited when you can only walk.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!! crying

When life gives you lemons....

Quote:
Quote:

Let me sing you a little e-song:

Oh location! Oh location!

For ******** sake location!

It all depends on the location!

And location can be changed. Rather easily, actually.

Quote:
Quote:

Correct and also correct, oh wait a cab is a car! Holy ******** you just contradicted yourself!

I did not. You don't actually NEED the cab, it's just a nice luxury for those who can't afford their own vehicle. It's a step above being s**t out of luck. But even without cabs, you'd survive, wouldn't you?

Quote:
You dont have to die at that time though...

If an ambulance can't get to you, and you don't have the luxury of a car, then, yeah, you kinda do.

Hell, very few people ever HAVE to die the day they do. It's all a result of the choices you make.

The guy that drowned in the lake? Well, he CHOSE to go to the lake that day. He didn't have to die, because he didn't have to go swimming.

So the whole "BUTZ YEW DUN HAS 2 DIE AT DAT TIEM, THOUGH!" is a moot point. You are GOING to die, when you're GOING to die, and nothing can really change that.

Welcome to reality.

Quote:
Quote:
If we have the tech to save someone then why not use it?

If we have the means and desire to get high, then why not use them?

See what I did there?

Luxuries SHOULD be used, by those who can afford them.

We have the medical science to let a man who's heart exploded in his chest, live on for what could be 50 more years, with an artificial heart. But his a** better be able to afford the surgery.

Quote:
Once again your cockiness shows its retarded face.

Ah, but my cockiness has much more ground, than yours.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes they would, but why should they worry about it now when they can worry about it later.

Because that's how the dice rolls. Mortality doesn't work around YOUR schedule. (unless you take lives, personally)

Quote:
Besides, knowing that someone died peacefully is a whole lot better than knowing that they were murdered or (insert non natural death here)

True, but then, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd ALL have a merry ******** Christmas, too, wouldn't we?

My point? Sure, it's always BETTER to know they died peacefully, but you get what is given to you, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Quote:

Holy ********! He survived? Really? Because of the AMBULANCE? OH MY GOD.

:/

Once again location is the word of the day.

I guess you really dont.

What is it with you and "LOCATION!"? I already admitted that location is good to have. But it's not like you can't choose your location, for yourself, now is it?

He CHOSE the place he lives. And if he'd died, yes, it would have sucked, but I'd have dealt with it, and moved on, because death will come when your time is up. Without exception.

Quote:
Quote:
LOL!!!!

"no one stopped to mourn except for his family"

You just proved yourself wrong.

No I didn't. Because you inferred that "everyone" stops and mourns. But only the people CLOSE to the given person, do. The rest of us just keep on truckin'.

Quote:
Also that kind of shows the bad character that seems to happen alot over there. Not saying that everyone is like that but still.

What's so "bad" about not giving a ******** about someone you don't know? Now, I knew the guy, but not well enough to go cry in a corner for 3 days.

I don't find it a bad thing, to be able to press on so easily. Actually, I find it a good trait, because then you won't have to miss work every time something REMOTELY bad happens to you.

OH NOEZ! I BROKED A NAIL!! I BETTER CALL IN TO WORK SO I CAN MOPE ABOUT ITZ!!!"

Quote:
Quote:

For one we were talking about cars.

Now its time for me to show you up with your own words.

Yes I may have said my opinions. That is true.
ALL you have said are exactly the same: JUST YOUR OWN OPINIONS.

Supported by facts.

You gave the point that it makes people lazy ********. I mentioned how many of the stoners that I've worked with, work harder than anyone around them. That's a FACT that proves that it does NOT make you lazy.

So...uh...how were you going to 'show me up' again?

Quote:
There wasnt anything like "Oh it has benefits like (insert benefits here)"

I most certainly did. I mentioned how it can treat glacoma, and help chemo therepy patients retain their appetite.

Those are benefits, aren't they?

Quote:
"But its bad for your lungs!"
Thats a negative. Any kind of smoke in your lungs is bad.

But treating glacoma AND loss of appetite, as well as helping with depression, are all good things.

So the "good to bad" ration is 3 to 1 in favor of "the good".

"It makes you lazy." It does make you lazy. Sitting own on your couch watching Spanish people talk and laughing at the way they talk is lazy.

And not every stoner does that, do they?

STEREOTYPES FOR THE WIN!

Quote:
"There better things to do with your time" It may be my opinion but many many people see that as a fact.

And those people are ******** ignorant, aren't they?

Just because THEY find better things to do with THEIR time, doesn't mean EVERYONE can. So they'd have to be suffering from ignorance to believe that notion.

Quote:
Your opinion is "ZOMG HAR HARZ SOME PEOPLEZ DONT HAVEZ NOTHINGZ TO DOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Not true.

Something is only compelling if the person sees it as such and since you dont agree with my opinions than thats the only way you see it.

Right. So if I don't want to go do this, or go do that, then, as far as I'm concerned, there's "nothing to do".

Hell, I could always go pick up a hooker, but the fact that I don't WANT to, means I'm not going to consider it withing my "something to do" list. Am I?

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:49 pm
Hydra Alpharius
All of this, lets talk about in another discussion. I like the fact that your a weapons expert and I would like to talk to you about this.
Oh good, that means I don't have to wade through that ******** to respond to individual s**t that got mixed up in there. xd

It still does leave the glaring example, however, that American politicians love to abuse their power and don't always have our best interests in mind. Again, I'm going to cite gun laws because they're the ones I know best. Despite how 'for the children' they may arguably be right now, the first anti-gun laws were blatantly racist to keep American Indians from getting rifles. The next notable set were just as blatantly racist to keep guns out of the hands of negroes. The US has a $200 tax on the sale, transfer, and manufacture of sound suppressors. Other countries, such as Finland and even (excuse the pun in poor taste) gun-Nazi Germany have absolutely no regulations whatsoever on the subject of suppressors (aka 'silencers'). In fact, in a country like Finland, if you shoot at the range without a silencer, it's considered a breach of etiquette.

Quote:
Now to continue.
Quote:
I know you're not American, you've said so previously. It doesn't change the fact that you ducked logic with a 'witty' retort about Obama.

Yes it may have been witty but the words before it are very very true.
My mind's a bit mushy at the moment, you'll have to elaborate on that. Too many pronouns, not enough nouns... that kind of confusion.
Quote:
Quote:
I like to think that people know what's best for themselves. And assuming I'm wrong and nobody closer to them than I tells them what they're doing is ******** retarded (or they do and said retard ignores them) they deserve what they get. I grew up in the school of hard knocks and it worked rather well for me.

In a more specific view though, I see no reason why pot should be banned and other, far more harmful drugs should be legal and glamorized. I mean, have you ever read a Playboy? Check out the cigarette and alcohol ads in there. I mean DAMN.

It too bad that they dont and thats why sometimes people need to step up and help a person out. If they did something that caused another person to harm them on purpose then yeah that is their problem. If they are getting harmed for no reason at all than thats definitely a problem someone on the outside should help out with (in my opinion)

But they arn't though are they? Cocaine is still illegal right? Or did the world go crazy?
I'd have to respectfully disagree here. This is a branching-off of personal politics, really. I believe that the government should interfere as little as possible, and let people be successful or drink themselves dead as they choose. IMO, if you're enough of a failure that you cannot find a niche for yourself anywhere, society is better off without you. It should be noted that as far as I can tell, I seem to be one of these failures. But that's an emo rant for another time. In any case, I can see where you're coming from, and I respect your views, but I personally think what you want is unrealistic and unattainable until humanity grows a ******** collective heart and stops being so selfish and cutthroat towards everyone.

Some harder drugs are illegal, some aren't. Hell, JENKEM is legal (as of right now, at least), and that's ******** fermented sewage. Just because cocaine and heroin and such are illegal doesn't mean that marijuana is worse for you than cigarettes or alcohol. Now I'm not saying that marijuana is necessarily GOOD for you, but it's not AS BAD as cigarettes or booze.
Quote:
You may not think you're being a d**k, but everyone else here seems to agree with me that you're acting like a condescending a*****e. So please, for the sake of civility, knock it off. It's extremely annoying.

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.If you want to bring some neutral arbiters in here, I'm pretty sure the condescending tone will be as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us in here.

It's not your opinion at all, it's how you present it. It's the difference between "Hello sir, and how are you this fine evening?" and "Hey a*****e, what the ******** is your problem?" Same message, different delivery, FAR different elicited reaction.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:10 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Dunno. Because there's no such thing as new marksmen, and only criminals have no experience shooting? Only outlaws want to be accurate when shooting a gun?

Uh there is. Believe it not, some people have an hand for shooting rifles and pistols. Its as if its in their genes.

But even they need at least SOME practice, to be worth a damn. There's no such thing as an instant expert.

Quote:
Who says criminals have no experience shooting?

No one does. Because a lot of them probably do.

Quote:
They could have been in the military for all you know or perhaps they practice some where else.

Yeah, that was Fresnel's point.

Quote:

Because they can potentially be used in a crime and they are made for the purpose of stabbing people.

A PENCIL could "potentially" be used in a crime. Do we ban those?

Quote:
Quote:

It too bad that they dont and thats why sometimes people need to step up and help a person out.

Well, unless you're their father, it's not your problem, is it?

That seems to be your biggest issue here. You like to stick your nose in other peoples' business, like what they do with their lives is of any concern to you.

Learn to mind your own business. I promise, life will be SOOOOO much happier.

Quote:
Quote:

That's more people than you have, saying that you're NOT being a d**k. So, as of right now, the scales are tipped in our favor, on that vote.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:38 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Unrealistic speculation.

Some people who get medical marijuana NOW are allowed to grow their own with a permit. Growing has nothing to do with selling narcotics without a license (which is the main reason those people are arrested) but we aren't dealing with selling your own supply. Your kid can get arrested for ******** selling lemonade without a license in front of your house based on similar ruling.

Hydra Alpharius

It isn't ******** addicting. On top of that I've never known a pot smoker who has "needed" a fix. But the odd ones smoke a lot at a time which would cause addiction if it was addicting BUT IT'S NOT. It's something simply that they do.

Hydra Alpharius
And besides even if they grow their own product, they would need to purchase a permit in order to sell it, which could cost God knows what.

No a permit to grow not a permit to sell. You'd need to be licensed to sell like any other place that sells smokes and booze.

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Nope, you just leave sooner, work less and/or move.

The difference?

Holy s**t! Your friend must be Lance ******** Armstron... no he is not. I bet he has to wake up early in order to get to school on time and depending on what time he goes to bed, that equals less sleep which in turn equals less focus for said school. And he probably smells like sweat and a**.

Your response is the most retarded thing ever written.

Water + antiperspirant + deodorant = A-OK

So? Look harder closer or move if it's an issue.

It works with the rest seeing as if it's long enough it will take hours to travel then you need to have fewer hours to get back and forth on time.

It's called gravity, ******** learn it. "up a mountain" notice how he starts UP HIGHER. Meaning he doesn't have to do s**t but grind the brakes the whole way to get anywhere making the rest irrelevant.
He either smells neutral or of the pot he's been smoking because he has the common sense I mentioned above that you lack. I read Wing's response and my friend operates on less sleep as well he just has to leave an hour ahead of most to get anywhere. It takes him hours to get back so he just simply doesn't leave the city till he needs to.

Quote:
Quote:

Budget time and be realistic. Again who gives a s**t if you want to get to the hospital easier?

Quote:
Quote:

You may not care if that person dies but there WILL be people that WILL care. And I guess they should blame YOU and EVERYONE ELSE that says automotive vehicles are unnecessary since apparently none of this sort of things has happened to you so heres an example of YOU not knowing what you are talking about.

WHAT PART OF "TOUGH s**t" DON'T YOU GET? MAYBE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL CAPS BETTER?

Quote:

The Earth will, specifically all the s**t the human will consume.

That's called bullshit your off topic-ness anyways. You don't care about the dead person or their family, you care about your family and are projecting their image onto the others.
People truly don't give a s**t about strangers, welcome to life, welcome to your human brain.

Quote:

"TOUGH s**t"

Quote:
Quote:

I read it but saw no reason to waste time responding to what he will anyways. I only responded to this since there was so little to tear apart (also because it was addressing me)  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 pm
Im sorry to say but I wont be able to respond to each and every one of your quotes today for I have to study for my final exam.

But dont worry your little heads...

Ill be back to respond to every single little and big quote so we can continue this opinion throwing fun time!
cool  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:41 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Im sorry to say but I wont be able to respond to each and every one of your quotes today for I have to study for my final exam.

Ill be back to respond to every single little and big quote so we can continue this opinion throwing fun time!
cool
A likely story. *hairy eyeball*  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:21 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

cool
A likely story. *hairy eyeball*

Lol  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 am
Ok, I think we can declare this debate officially over.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff