Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:32 pm
Meave i would interdoce your children to aimanls more then anything if i was you...
I think children who grow loving aimanls are much more happier overall and around the family pet and are overall better for the eivroment. When i was about 4 my grandmom got me an aimanl collection book. Each week or so they would send in 3 or 5 new pages of info on aimanls and it wasnt no picture book it was hard cold facts like habits, matinging everything, i read every page (i skipped the black window one cuz i was scarded lol) now i have a huge insterts in aimanls and want to be a large aimanl caretaker (aka zookeeper) when i get older. Also i had a love for dinos and read very large books (again no childrens book) on them. Thanks to all this i had a 12 graders reading level in frist grade and had a bookcase and heart filled with aimanls, dinosuors and fansty books.

Sorry big rant but what i am saying is
Dont be afired to let your kids have the big books when they younger.
If they are the children of two book worms they will probbuly get bored quicky of the thin picture books. I did

*hugs* very happy fr u meave  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:03 am
Joeyfish5
Meave i would interdoce your children to aimanls more then anything if i was you...
I think children who grow loving aimanls are much more happier overall and around the family pet and are overall better for the eivroment. When i was about 4 my grandmom got me an aimanl collection book. Each week or so they would send in 3 or 5 new pages of info on aimanls and it wasnt no picture book it was hard cold facts like habits, matinging everything, i read every page (i skipped the black window one cuz i was scarded lol) now i have a huge insterts in aimanls and want to be a large aimanl caretaker (aka zookeeper) when i get older. Also i had a love for dinos and read very large books (again no childrens book) on them. Thanks to all this i had a 12 graders reading level in frist grade and had a bookcase and heart filled with aimanls, dinosuors and fansty books.

If they are the children of two book worms they will probbuly get bored quicky of the thin picture books. I did

Aw thats such a good idea, I'm going to do that when I have kids  

hazel843

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 am
Also, introducing them to animals isn't a bad idea. Not only can it do what Joey said, but it can also teach them to care for their fellow beings, and become more caring to others. Big books aren't that bad either, it can raise their knowledge. Like Joey I was a total bookworm, there wasn't a single book in my schools library that I didn't read -literally- and it was a big library! I also won a bike for reading the most and got the teachers/principal to dance atop the rooftop to la vida loca (the principal made the students a bet...it was funny, >.<) Also,maybe when your child gets bigger, try getting them to learn a new language, young kids are more inclined to learn it faster/better than adults because adults fear of making a mistake and sounding stupid, while a kid does not.

Try and keep teaching the baby new things (but also keeping the things you've already taught them going on... do NOT just move onto the next thing, completely forgetting about it later on). A child's brain (before 12 months of age) is extremely fragile, whatever senses/abilities/knowledge you do not teach and let them retain it. It will help with their perception and knowledge in general. Their brain is like a field of flowers (wow ironic lol), but whatever abilities that are not used get tooken out of the batch of flowers, thus becoming very difficult to get back in there, undamaged. It may seem like a lot of work, but that's what having a child is, work to make them the best they can be.

And! lol, okay I'm almost done with the rant >.> But anyways, be open to them about things, and be accepting of their choices that they make in life.

Okay, done with this rant...for now o.O

In order to help the baby sleep at night it is best to limit naps to less than 3 hours during the day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 am
Waaa! I remember when I was little! 'n I mean really little. We had the most baby-friendly cat you could ever imagine, named Sixten. There's pictures of my preggo mum with him, and later a photo of baby-me using him as a pillow.
When me and sis grew older he got more strict on us, dabbing after us if we was disrespectful (valuable lesson for any child: pull someone's tail and you WILL end up more hurt than the cat).
I don't know if you have the habit to announce a baby's birth in the local paper in the US, but I've never heard of anyone not doing it here. Hold on, I'll fetch the scrap book and quote it:
Quote:
Ann Persson and Mats Nilson, Solbacka, * had a daughter the 31th of May. She will be named ******, weighted 3795g and was 50 cm tall. Big brother is named Sixten.

There usually is a photographer and someone to write up the announcement somewhere in the delivery section of the hospital, so there's a picture of happy mum and dad and very newborn me XP

Now I've found a lot of cute baby pictures, so I'll be gone for a while to scan and upload the best (and least embarrassing) ones.

*Solbacka means sunny hill and that's the name of our house :]  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 am
Doubleposting... sorry. Click the links for pictures, or don't rolleyes

Mum and Sixten
Yup, I'm in there somewhere, making mommy look fatty ^^;

Baby me and Sixten
(mum and dad have at least 3 copies of this one, one is framed and hangs over their bed)

As they said, early with the books

"look at me when I'm cute dammit"

"I has bad fur day - dunnt look"
(we actually have this one supersized and properly framed in the hallway)

Me and baby sis  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:14 pm
Joeyfish5

No worries there Joey...we already have two basset hounds. And let's just say there's a reason my Kindergarten teacher said I lived at the zoo. I've had 2 mice, a nasty hamster, MANY fish, 2 newts, 2 birds, 2 hermit crabs, 3 cats, 7 dogs, a turtle or two passed through our house, a tadpole or two...I come from a family of animal lovers. I am an animal person. them! heart  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:56 pm
then check out wildlife exploer (i dont think i spelled rifht) and if they still do that who book/mail thing you sould try it for your kid  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:54 pm
Joeyfish5
then check out wildlife exploer (i dont think i spelled rifht) and if they still do that who book/mail thing you sould try it for your kid

I believe they still do it too (well, at least the general area I am in), my t.v. has been spammed with the commercials for it. Spammed I tell you!

So have you thought of any names? *still wants to know* lol

Oh oh, and try giving the child a stuffed animal or a blanket, it helps with seperation anxiety when they get bigger.

chidorilash
Vice Captain

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:05 pm
Joey: I checked out the National Wildlife Foundation's website and they have three age levels for magazines...Animal Babies for ages 1-4, My Big Back Yard for ages 3-7 and Ranger Rick for ages 7 & up. My sis and I had the last two growing up. Plus I have quite a collection of my own I put in the library and science centers in my classroom. Again...the hubby and I are big book and animal lovers.
Music, too. I play two instruments and the hubby can play *counts on finger* at least four really well and he's pretty good on a couple more...plus we love to sing.

And baking (I LOVE to bake) and cooking (the hubby cooks all the time)...and crafting...and sports, we both played sports growing up. LOL hopefully we'll offer a well rounded selection of interests to the baby.

Chi: Lily Maeve for a girl and Taran Dale for a boy. smile

:EDIT: And if the baby is like me it'll still have it's favorite blankie hidden in the bed covers at the age of 26. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:18 pm
maeve ditto on the blanket.....  

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:36 am
tigris cobaltchaos

cool nice!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 am
As I was growing, my mom took a bunch of my old clothes and blankets and put them aside and eventually made a quilt out of them for me. 8 or 12 of the receiving blankets that were in the best shape she set aside and used for the back. She was a crafty one. I still have my first stuffed animal - it's the bright hot pink rinocceros kinda thing called a puffalump. The cloth is really silky and the stuffing is sooooooooooo soft!!!!! You can probably guess where they both can be found.  

MystiBlu

hazel843

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:44 am
Maeve of the Sea
tigris cobaltchaos

cool nice!

Haha, I'm the same, but it has big holes in it crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:56 am
i never had a stuffed aimanl while a baby but i had a big box of the tiny legos and i spent all day with them. My momma throwed them away in an in vain effort to get me to "grow up"  

Joeyfish5
Crew

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm
MystiBlu
As I was growing, my mom took a bunch of my old clothes and blankets and put them aside and eventually made a quilt out of them for me. 8 or 12 of the receiving blankets that were in the best shape she set aside and used for the back. She was a crafty one. I still have my first stuffed animal - it's the bright hot pink rinocceros kinda thing called a puffalump. The cloth is really silky and the stuffing is sooooooooooo soft!!!!! You can probably guess where they both can be found.

Ooooh, I had one of those too! Although mine was a bunny with dark blue body >w<  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff