Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Random ppl who don't know crap about anime or Cons and just buy registration 2 pick up on cosplayers or bash on cosplayers.
Yes I know some of the cosplaying girls are cute but we do not need anymore creepers than the 1s that we already have.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm
I forgot one! People who beg for money or for food. At Colossalcon these two people were hungry and I'm guessing they spent everything in the dealer's room. I did kinda feel sorry for them so I let them mooch off of my cheese fries.  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm
LOL I have seen money beggers 2. The ones I saw had signs. I felt like joining them 2 c if they actually get anything. But I have my dignity and I still had money in my pocket. Besides my friends would not let me they said if it came 2 begging they would do it 4 me. No we did not beg because we still had money.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:26 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
I forgot one! People who beg for money or for food. At Colossalcon these two people were hungry and I'm guessing they spent everything in the dealer's room. I did kinda feel sorry for them so I let them mooch off of my cheese fries.

Now that's just lacking in planning ahead. Idiots. Even my friend and I made sure we had enough or knew how much we had before we went to Anime Expo.  

LovelyLadyAurora

Texan-Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm
Creepers definitely. 2 tried to pass themselves off to be at a con with my grandmother while I wasn't around (last year and I was 16). She texted me to get back to her and me and my friends were there in a heartbeat. I freaking chewed them out (and these were big adult guys)! My friends even joined in the chewing out and they got kicked out of the con by security cuz they were watching the same guys for some time before that and they were being creepers around other people. Because of that, my grandmother actually inspired a new security technique!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 am
Chz

This guy.
Every. Year.
Now, in England, we get a convension twice a year and it's incredibly crowded and sticky without this guy making life even more difficult.

Oh my gawd. I thought that Senshi-con was the only victim! D8 We had one of those, two, but the front of his cosplay also opened up, and just about everyone at the con could sign the paper inside. No joke. Kind of cool concept, yet incredibly difficult and annoying to maneuver around.

Anyhow, my complaints? Just about everyone's here. I only have a couple of stories pertaining to different subjects, so here we go:

Con-Whores: My biggest event of BAD at a con, ever. It's a long story, so, the gist is the guy I had just gotten over after crushing on him for a long time decided to show his face at Aurora-con and was a complete and whore-y douche. -blows a raspberry at the memory- Urk.

Creepers: I made the giant mistake of going as a closet-played Trish with nasty-a** heels (my lord, that HURT), and older guys were being vaguely gross and were saying icky things at me. DX

Fangirls: Ugh. There was only one instance at Senshi-con '09 that was horrid, that I can recall. That was the sudden chase of a poor Light cosplayer by about nine Misa cosplayers and fangirls in general. Why there wasn't security there to stop them (as they were headed TOWARD THE STAIRS), I don't know.

That's about it. Half-assed cosplays are mildly annoying, but not infuriating, so I haven't much to say, and we, thankfully, don't have a yaoi/yuri paddle thing going on. biggrin Yay.  

Cooley Fair

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

End8less

Fashionable Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 pm
User ImageSeries/Character Hate clubs.
Seriously, they go there to ruin your cosplay to annoy you and to plain catch attettion because they don't like the popular s**t. I agree with your opinion you don't like the series I like, but don't go to patronize the fans, it's okay to express your hate because we express our liking, but it's necessary to patronize and disrespect?
I stopped cosplaying Prussia from APH not only from the onslaught of fangirls in 08-10 that glomped, annoyed and bothered me, but because the idiots coming and screaming at my face how an insensible b*****d and other's. I just reply "Okay, yes, it's offensive, it's a satire after all, but I think it has a little respect, you don't see this an that..." reply? "Oh well it's popular..." I'll understand if I was runing around screaming s**t on the top of my lungs, I would understand if I annoyed anyone, I would understand if I said something offensive, I would understand if I disrespected your opinion, I would understand if I was aggresive. But having to stand 200 girls who suddently hate something because it's popular rather for real reasons, and I was standing there not minding their anti club as it's an opinion? No, hell no, I never cosplayed a 'popular' series, more like the fad of the moment, but the time I do THIS happends and it's rather bothersome. If the hate of a series scalates to hate a human being, then people need serious psychological and sociological help.

-bitchbitchrant-

I will also hate people who come and tell you totally nefastous things "If you were a amn I will so ******** ride you and suck your d**k" Excuse me? What? I have said those things, not that vulgar though, just mere perverted jokes, yes, TO CLOSE FRIEND WHO KNOWS I'M JOKING NOT A TOTAL EXTRANGER! I also hate when this happends like you are waiting in line and girl A say to you 'omg I love yaoi, I so totally love BDSM yaoi with submission and..." woh, woh, woh, stop there, I never, ever meet you and you are talking to me on what kind of pron and fetishes you like? It's a little AWKWARD and OUT OF PLACE don't you think?
I don't hate this but it mildly annoys me when a female thinks it's the ew/are being a lazy-a** and cosplay character A as a girl, no, no, no, NO. It literally translates "I didn't like that the original character was not my sex to cosplay, so I created my own that resambles them physically in the opposite gender." I can understand things liek the official genderbends, but up until that.
Alway, ALWAYS that dude who screams s**t at cosplayers, he's a fatass mm? well go up there with a cosplay and do a performance for millions and you are double the weight, what? You don't want to? THEN SCRAM OFF! I'm glad people in my country are startng to expel this people from cons.
And then there's the nerdtards, I'm not going to be in character all the time for your fantasy, get away! or the total fangirl who clings to you and you don't even know, I met some friends like this, but god, don't be too incredibly annoying. "OMG GO TO MY HOUSE, MEET MY FRIENDS, MEET MY PARENTS, GO TO MACDONALDS WITH ME, ACCEPT THIS DRINK FROM /A TOTAL EXTRANGER/!" No.
And the stupid crowd that screams "YAOI YAOI!" or "YURI YURI" I'm not going to kiss a stranger for your fantasy, go away.
I actually have a funny memory of me and a Ludwig as hetalia cosplayers back in 2005, a girl came up to us, we were talking and she went all OMG KISSKISSKISS, ok we said no, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE, no, -starts insulting us-, rage duo, anyone?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 pm
I only have 4 great annoyances. In no particular order:

1. Elitists, those people who walk around thinking they're better than you because they've seen X amount of shows and somehow that turns thier opinions into fact. It doesn't, so you have no right to walk around telling people thier wrong or to yell at preteens when thye call a doujin a manga!

2. Protesters. I've only seen this on Youtube, but it still tans my hide. You can't just waltz onto a rented property without permission and disrupt the event. On the other hand, it is hilarious seeing *****, Cosplay Christ, and Raptor Jesus troll the hell out of those religious nuts that plauge Fanime.

3.People who don't know what's going on. This especially pisses me off because I've worked in the cosplay department of a local con, and every other person who came to our sign up booth had no idea what our events were. How the hell can you not know what's going on at a con? Even if we don't print out little schedules for everybody and even if you decided to go at the last minute, it still only takes like 10 minutes to go to the site and find out.

4. Stupid/rule breaking attendees. You can't just run around being rude, geeting drunk, playing grab-a**, or glomping people, even if they're your friends! Why? Because it gives the other attendees a bad name and you could hurt/offend someone, and then we get sued, and then there's no more money to put on the con next year!

And don't even get me started on the whinners. Hey if you wanted a certain game or movie to be played/shown, you should have gone on the forums and requested it or donated it yourself. If you don't like the tea or food at the Lolita tea party, then why didn't you get on the forums and suggest your favorites. Don't blame us because you where too lazy to get online and type a couple of sentances.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

B10ndevamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Free Hugs Signs: Seriously. it's gotten old. The last con i went to it was impossible to walk 5 feet with out seeing like 10 people with the stupid signs.

Creepers: I can't stand the creepy older men who just follow you around for hours. At AnimeNEXT 09 my friends and I, along with many other female attendees, got harassed by a 60-something year old guy dressed as a cat. Creepy. Thankfully he got kicked out of the con.

Half-A**ed Cosplays - If you're going to bother cosplaying at least put some effort into it. I understand that not everyone can be a sewing guru but don't just throw on a white shirt and jeans and call yourself L.

Ladies, if your going to cosplay as a guy then PLEASE bind your boobs. No one wants to see Axel running around with C cup boobs jiggling all over the place. XD

Also seriously a wig cap is a cosplayers best friend. Unless your hair is extremly short, wear a wig cap under your wig, because your hair WILL stick out if you don't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:05 pm
The lines to go into the Cosplay Showcase!!! But the good thing is I can pay great attention to the cosplayers around me biggrin Then agian, I could be doing something else than waiting in line... confused

And my complaining brother who's with me! If he's complaining so much, why does he go in the first place?!

pitamin

Hygienic Sex Symbol

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm
B10ndevamp
Free Hugs Signs: Seriously. it's gotten old. The last con i went to it was impossible to walk 5 feet with out seeing like 10 people with the stupid signs.

Creepers: I can't stand the creepy older men who just follow you around for hours. At AnimeNEXT 09 my friends and I, along with many other female attendees, got harassed by a 60-something year old guy dressed as a cat. Creepy. Thankfully he got kicked out of the con.

Half-A**ed Cosplays - If you're going to bother cosplaying at least put some effort into it. I understand that not everyone can be a sewing guru but don't just throw on a white shirt and jeans and call yourself L.

Ladies, if your going to cosplay as a guy then PLEASE bind your boobs. No one wants to see Axel running around with C cup boobs jiggling all over the place. XD

Also seriously a wig cap is a cosplayers best friend. Unless your hair is extremly short, wear a wig cap under your wig, because your hair WILL stick out if you don't.

Addressing the binding of the boobies: If their boobs are C cup then there's little chance that they can bind them back because the chest won't be completely flat especially if you have bigger boobies. It that case, just cosplay as a girl.
However, if you really want to cosplay as a guy, well, go as a female version of the guy and try to look like a girl but still carrying that image of that male character. I plan to be a female version of Portgas D. Ace. I could bind my boobs down if I didn't have long hair and don't want to cut it (and NOooo I'm not going to buy a short hair wig on a character that has the same hair color as me, I'm on a tight budget here and I'm trying to save as much as I can), so I'm going as a chick version (believe me, I'm not the first compared to a girl who went as a female Ace but she was a blond but she still enjoyed her costume and you knew who she was).

So it's not really a 'black and white' situation, it depends on your chest size and other factors.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:04 am
i only have a problem with people who dont shower and keep clean during the con
i am sure there is atleast a 45 min time frame in which there is nothing that you want to do so plz for the love of god and the rest of the con goers plz shower  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AprilFR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:39 am
As Lord_Griffthedragoon stated, showering. I literally got driven out of a room cause the smell was so bad, which sucked, cause I was enjoying the skit/game they were doing :[ The terrible part is that these people lifted their arms up in front of me and I got blasted with a horrid smell x _x'
And, I must admit, I do live in South Florida so it's hard to get away from the heat, but that should give you a bigger incentive to shower before AND after you go to the Con. Bring some deodorant, body mist, an extra shirt, something.

Also, when you're entering the building and people who are driving by yell rude comments ): I know to expect it, but I wasn't even dressed out of the normal D; Given, I did have blue/green hair at the time.

People who are in your face about how their character is better than yours, or your favorite. This happened to my friend and I wanted to punch those teeny boppers in the face : They literally ganged on her, there was probably 5 of them.
Snickering and being snide. So unnecessary. Cons are supposed to be a place where us fanatics could get together and enjoy our similar interests. We're weird enough to other people xD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:07 pm
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp

Addressing the binding of the boobies: If their boobs are C cup then there's little chance that they can bind them back because the chest won't be completely flat especially if you have bigger boobies. It that case, just cosplay as a girl.
However, if you really want to cosplay as a guy, well, go as a female version of the guy and try to look like a girl but still carrying that image of that male character. I plan to be a female version of Portgas D. Ace. I could bind my boobs down if I didn't have long hair and don't want to cut it (and NOooo I'm not going to buy a short hair wig on a character that has the same hair color as me, I'm on a tight budget here and I'm trying to save as much as I can), so I'm going as a chick version (believe me, I'm not the first compared to a girl who went as a female Ace but she was a blond but she still enjoyed her costume and you knew who she was).

So it's not really a 'black and white' situation, it depends on your chest size and other factors.

I have no problem with girls who chose to cosplay as the female version of a male character. However it annoys when people go around insisting that they are the male version and they have boobs. And actually it's totaly possible to bind c cup boobs and greater. I have c cup boobs and I cosplay as Marluxia and i can get my boobs pretty flat. It all depends on the method you use.

Also it you have the same hair color as you're character, that's a differant situation. What i was refering to is people who are wearing a pink wig for example and have their natural brown hair sticking out under it. A wig cap costs like 2 bucks and would easly slove that problem.  

B10ndevamp

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:18 pm
B10ndevamp
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp

I have no problem with girls who chose to cosplay as the female version of a male character. However it annoys when people go around insisting that they are the male version and they have boobs. And actually it's totaly possible to bind c cup boobs and greater. I have c cup boobs and I cosplay as Marluxia and i can get my boobs pretty flat. It all depends on the method you use.

Also it you have the same hair color as you're character, that's a differant situation. What i was refering to is people who are wearing a pink wig for example and have their natural brown hair sticking out under it. A wig cap costs like 2 bucks and would easly slove that problem.

I love the wig cap. Very helpful. Helped a lot when I went as Madam Red and I had shoulder length hair (plus my hair is very thick).

I would ask what size you are but I won't, it wouldn't be proper but how do you bind your boobies?  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff