Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

[RikuxHarada]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:52 pm
how the hell are you suppose to tell what kind of goth you are if you are goth at all?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:47 pm
I don't like labels but.....I am punk goth or skater goth. Even though I do not consider my self goth.  

]sarcasm[

Egyptian Goddess9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:41 pm
I'm really a headbanger goth..but I guess you could classify me as a punk goth...

*hates labels*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:57 pm
I'm a punkish goth but I really have no use for labels. Life is too short for that, but I am considered one.  

HanyouRyo

crazykillercat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:26 pm
I'm a mix of highschool labels- Goth, punk, nerd and that group of weird people that really don't fit anywhere.
Whenever people meet me for the first time, they usually assume that I'm the gothy goth one...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:13 pm
I'm always changing ^^

Dearest Darling`

darkangel667

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:22 pm
punk goth  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:13 pm
As I see it, there aren't any subgenres of any type of label.
Most are confused by what Goth is and what Goth isn't.

Same with Emo, People see it as short for "Emotional" when in fact it's short for "Emotive Punk" Heh.

But I guess I could see where you are going with "Punk Goth" (people who dress in Tripp Style Clothing yet listen to stuff such as the Pixies, Sex Pistols, etc.?) I would just call these "punks" for clothing doesn't make the label (if one should be applied at all) but it's the way they act, follow the overall group and what they live and listen to.

---------__

As for me:
I buy, trade, sell all my clothes at good will/thrift stores. I wear typical Mary Janes (Which I paint on), Black Dress, Stockings, And Long Lace Overwear Almost Everyday. I'm always called Goth in the fact it's all black, whereas I don't see Black as Making me a "Goth" even though It is what Celtic-Goth style was (As mentioned in other post). But yes.....WOT?!?!?!?!  

Kittygo0o0Meow

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:43 am
Why one has the urge to label others is beyond me...but label me if you must. Most people would probably classify me as a "punk goth", although I feel such action are highly unnecessary.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 pm
Yes, I don't label myself like most fools...But I don't care anymore...I'd have to say I'm inbetween hippy goth and punk goth... 3nodding  

sephiroth_sohma

Triste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:49 pm
Dunno, I'm sort of past the 'angsty' stage. I just feel attracted to the weird.

Maybe I'm an I-think-I-might-be-goth-but-maybe-I'm-not-one-after-all-goth? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:49 am
I don't label myself  

Beatngufan

+ReclaimTheStars+

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:07 pm
Hmm, labels aren't bad, it's just a way of sorting, I think. ^^

I'm not angsty or angry...I just like goth music, creative pursuits, and the fashion. So I guess gothy goth is closest?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm
odd how labels are. Supposely they follow stereotypical trends, and yet, others deny they exist or refuse to label themselves when they're following a trend themselves by denying them...
Sorry, random thought. Back to topic,
I'm a poth (punk goth)  

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:54 pm
sephiroth_sohma
Yes, I don't label myself like most fools...But I don't care anymore...I'd have to say I'm inbetween hippy goth and punk goth... 3nodding
People who label themselves are not fools. People who label others are fools. The way I see labeling is to seperate people into different groups where these people feel comfortable. Sure labeling can be a b***h sometimes but it's not that bad, I've come to see that. Maybe you should too.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff