Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Archived [OOC]
[OOC] God Information and Questing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm
Domain: Slavery
Existing Overlapping Domains: Overlapping with obedience, possibly harems. Polar to liberty.
Physical Description: Male lion with pale-peach flesh tones accented with bits of dull grey on his face and around his pasterns (symbolizing chains). Various red ‘slash’ marks across his mouth – as a slave should never speak unless ordered to do so. Grey around his eyes. Paler colored underbelly, but still peach-toned. Mane should not be full and proud, but small and scraggly compared to that of a more regal lion. Mane and tail tuft would be a slightly darker peach. Wings: Either torn/shredded/stumps or bound to his body with chains, symbolizing a lack of freedom.
Concept: His domain consists of those forced or born into slavery. Not servants or those who choose to be obedient. His powers only effect slaves, and he is forced to obey the commands of any freeborn animal. He embraces slavery, and is obsequious and servile in temperament. He will frequently lurk around those prides who keep slaves, or include slavery as an important aspect of their culture.
Temporary Powers:
- Master’s Voice: He can force a slave to obey any command (barring suicide) given by its rightful owner, regardless of whether or not the slave-character wishes to obey. Commands with a long lasting or permanent time frame (eg. Don’t eat ever again, don’t speak for 3 days) will be backed up by his power for only 12 hours. After that, the slave regains its free will. This ability can only be used once at a time, for a single given command. The command must be followed through with or the 12 hours expired before he can use it again.
Permanent Power:
None.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm
I have already been approved for the domain of Goblins, but I believe it was before this thread and form were set up. I love the system that you Staffers have worked out! It makes it very easy to keep everything in order. Anywho, since I was approved back in 2009, I figured I should probably post here.

Domain: Goblins
Existing Overlapping Domains:
Demons, Dreams, Etherial, Fairy Tales, The Five Senses (possible power overlap, but mostly unrelated) Frustrations, Ghosts, Illusions (very likely power overlap more than domain overlap), Imagination, Nightmares (Another very likely power overlap more than domain overlap), Thieves, Trickery,
Physical Description: A inky blue/green god with a massive anteater-like tail, and a cyan mohawk that runs all the way down his spine. His large pointed ears are covered in gold earrings, his paws tipped in frighteningly large claws.
Concept:
Goblins are a type of fairy, closely related to brownies. They are a highly chaotic but mostly neutral creature, generally causing frustration but they shy away from causing direct harm. They love to torment anyone they find. There is no questions that goblins can be powerful and cruel, but for the most part they'll be much more likely to tie your shoes together than they would be to break your legs.

Tokolosh is to be the god of goblins, in a literal sense. He is fueled not by the existance of mythical creatures, but rather a collective belief in them. In turn, he can use his powers to reinforce this belief, thus ensuring his own existance. Oddly enough, the god knows that there are no such real goblins, but that's something he has to counteract in order to ensure his own existance, so he generally doesn't tell anyone. He is closely tied with the goblin pride, as their work helps keep the belief of goblins alive, and while he doesn't claim to be their patron, nor do they claim him, he is fiercely protective of the pride.
Temporary Powers: [Up to three. Be very specific with what they can do/can't do.]
1 -Lookit Me! I'ma Goblin!
Tokolosh can disguise himself as a goblin, in a manner of speaking. Since goblins don't exist, not even Toko knows what they really look like. What this power really does is twist a mortal's perception, making Tokolosh look (in their eyes) exactly as they fear a goblin would look. Also, because this power plays on what a mortal fears, if they do not know what a goblin looks like, then they would likely see a warped, and frightening monster. This will differ with every individual, and does not work on seers or other gods. Because seers can see the past, present, and future, they will always be able to see Toko in his true form, the only exception being when he is in his mortal form.
2 - Presence of Goblins
Within a half mile's range of the god, strange things begin to happen. At the very edge of his range, one begins to hear sounds. They are little things, not terribly out of the ordinary, like a branch snapping, small thuds and little sounds that catch the ear. They may be out of place, but they are natural, and not unsettling. The closer they come, however, the louder, and start to change, things like snickering, little snarls, perhaps a whispering voice speaking in a strange language. At its peak, one would catch glipses of little creatures, but only glimpses. Things around the victem might be in one place one moment, in another the next, but they will never directly see the goblins. This power once again plays on a mortal's perception, however, because this power is much stronger than a simple glamor, seers are not immune. Toko can use this power at will, and can control the intensity of its effects near him.
3 - Goblins
Perhaps the most powerful of Tokolosh's powers is the ability to create an illusion of a goblin, once again playing on one's perception. The goblin can be seen, heard, felt, even smelled by the victem, but no one else. The goblin cannot truly harm its victem, but can cause illusionary pain and wounds. The victem will think they are hurt, they may look down and even see wounds, however once this power wears off, there are no marks, no wounds, and other than being scared to death, the goblin can not kill its victem. The goblin would not be under Toko's control, beyond what intent he gives it. It may be intent on torture, or just be a little prankster. Durring the day, this power is weakened, and would only remain stable for short periods of time. At night, however, it is almost unimpeded. It is possible for a mortal to break this power by running away, as Toko will only keep his temporary powers going within a certain distance from himself. The goblin would be under the control of the victm's owner, not myself, unless asked to do so by the victm's owner.
Permanent Power:
- Cursed by Goblins
This power would be a combonation of Toko's latter two powers, however this is permanent, unless Toko himself removes it, or the God of Illusions dispells it. ( I have not contacted the owner of the god of illusions, but as this power is an illusion, it only follows that the God of illusions would be able to dispell it.) At night, the victem is plauged by a singular goblin, forever playing tricks, and wispering in their ears. Durring the day, the goblin cannot manifest, but the Presence of Goblins goes into effect but with the victem being the epicenter, giving the feel that the goblin is just out of sight. The victem of the Curse is still the only one affected, only they can see and hear the goblin. This curse has been known to drive the fearful mad, but even those who accept the curse, and do not fear it, will still be under its effects. Without fear, however, some of these illusions have been known to become a voice for some subconsious thoughts in the victem's mind. It is quite possible, if the victem is imaginative, or borderline schizophrenic, that the Goblin could take on its own personality. Once again, the goblin would be under the victem's owner's control, and the goblin can never cause true physical harm. Everyone might think they're insane, but they'll be ok for the most part. The curse is merely set/broken by Toko, and the victem's subconsious does the rest. Toko can also set a condition for this curse, leaving a mortal a way to break it (ex. you're cursed until you do this, or get here, or learn your lesson).

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm
Domain: Travel (I was questing for Direction and was on the list, but Ameh now has Navigation, so Direction is out.)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Navigation (got the okay from Ameh) and Wanderlust (got the okay from Zee)
Physical Description: Cosplay of Lee Scoresby from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials books. Very scraggly and western looking.
Concept:
Travel - To go from one place to another, as on a trip; journey. There are many reasons to travel; to get from Point A to Point B, to find something, to escape something, or simply for the joy of it.
Temporary Powers:Still working on these, making sure they don't tread on Navigation's. Each power lasts only for as long as the one blessed is on their particular journey. The one blessed has to have a destination in mind.
1 - 'Safe Travels' - He is able to bless one so they will know the safest route to get to their destination. This may change en route, so the traveler will know if some sort of danger is to cross their path.
2 - 'Shortcut' - He is able to bless one so that they will know quickest route to get to their destination. The trip will also seem quicker to the one blessed, but it is purely psychological. He can't actually teleport someone.
3 - 'The Long Way' - The opposite of shortcut. He can curse one so that a particular journey will take a long route and seem longer. It wears off when the traveler gets to the destination. The trip would not take longer than double that of the average trip.
Permanent Power: He has an active map in his head which shows him how to get anywhere and shows him the travel conditions, i.e. if the weather has changed or if there is danger suddenly present. He can't pass this on to anyone, but he can use it to guide travelers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 am
Domain: Moths
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Nocturnal Animals, Prey... That's all I could think of. (Night and flight too, maybe? I think that's a stretch, but a possibility...)
Physical Description: Miit is going to be customed up to be the grandparent of Machafuko ((mine, deceased)) Mchawi and Msiba. (I have Dust's permission from before she left, Kim's, and Moon's permission for this.)
Concept: Sort of CC. I'd like the edits and design to kind of take after Macha, so draw the color palette from him mostly. An exact clone is undesirable, but I'd like him to clearly be related. Also, integrate elements of various Moths like these ones, like the antennae, the wings, and the face marking on the second pic. Extra fluff for him- moths seem to be fuzzy.
I'm looking for a relative to Macha, he was fun to play. :3 Moths would be lazy during the day, and many moths draw off the colors already present in the family. Just feels like a good fit. :3

Temporary Powers: [Up to three. Be very specific with what they can do/can't do.]
1 - Can call nearby moths to come to him for a duration of 3 days
2 - Can get moths to follow after a mortal for three days
3 - Improved night senses
Permanent Power: Like a Moth to a Flame: The cursed SoA is more drawn to bright things. Sun is excluded, but if something is particularly bright or shiny, they want to be near to it.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 pm
Domain: Jinx (bad luck)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Failures, Clumsiness, The Cursed, Karma, Fortune, and possibly Strategy
Physical Description: Female. Purple with a dark rainbow like markings along her back and wings. Black hair and tail tuff. A tattered scarf and some other jewelry up to artist. Not super picky on appearance, the markings and wings and things are up to the artist. Maybe something they want to do to show bad luck <3
Concept:
Jinx - : one that brings bad luck. She would be more of the embodiment of bad/poor luck.
Temporary Powers:Working on these more when I get her and apply for the power thread.
1 -
2 -
3 -
Permanent Power: It would be a mark on those who have received the so called blessing (more like a curse) causing those who bear it to forever have bad luck until the mark is removed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm
There already is an approved quest for Oasis..but I'll give it a shot

Domain: Oasis
Existing Overlapping Domains: Water,Watering holes,The Desert,Rivers and plants
Physical Description: He will have a scene of an Oasis, the sand will be white with a small body of stilled water. His eyes will be Silver. He will have date palm fruits born from his wings. Around his neck will sit a date palm fruit necklace, his legs will be covered in date palm bracers.
Concept:The desert concept of SoAfrica can be very harsh to those who are travelling through, some die of thirst others try to get through it as quickly as possible as to avoid that. Encounters with this god will help make your trip to the hot desert easier, but seeing the god visually is very rare, the shifting sands will hide him. But just because you can’t see him doesn’t mean he isn’t watching for those who wish to have relief on their treks. Prides can pray to him, if they wish to have an oasis appear in their lands but you have to get into his favor, he is a very hard god to please.
Temporary Powers:
1 - Creating a trickle to small oasis that lasts from 1-3 days. It can provide relief for anyone nearby for a few hours. It cannot be increased in size and it cannot last more than 3 days, as the desert heat will cause it to evaporate.
2 - To make an oasis disappear from a couple of minutes up to 3 days. It can provide relief for a passerby when it is visible. It cannot stay visible for more than the 2 minutes or more than 3 days as the desert heat will cause the oasis to evaporate rapidly
3 - Can sense Oasis' from underground, by standing still and using his legs to sense any, if there is one a small vibration will go up his legs, telling him where it is. Then he can go over to the location specified and reveal it.
Permanent Power: Oasis on demand!!-He can conjure up oasis’ on demand and where he feels it’s important to have one. It will come with body water and date palm trees as well as desert bushes surrounding the body of water.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm
Domain: Siblings
Existing Overlapping Domains: Mothers, maybe?
Physical Description: CC on the items and edits. Would otherwise resemble this lioness.
Concept: A Goddess who stands for / promotes sibling relationships.
Temporary Powers:
1 . Can inform a lion (or what have you) if they have blood siblings somewhere they are unaware of. However, they must ask her to trigger the power, and she can only tell them yes or no.
2. Temporarily binds two siblings together so that they feel the pain (physical or emotional) of the other. They will not actually be injured (in the case of physical pain), but simply will feel like they are. Lasts until sunset, regardless of the time the binding starts.
Permanent Power:
Curses an individual to have only one cub for every litter they birth / sire from the time of the curse until their death. It has no effect on gender, species, health, so on, just the fact the cub will have no siblings. Can possibly be countered by another God curse (once discussed OOCly), and broken willingly by the Goddess of Siblings herself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 pm
Domain: the Heartbreakers
Existing Overlapping Domains: I guess Hardships and Heartlessness if you were really gunning for something. Otherwise, I haven't observed any.
Physical Description: CC mostly. Might make some decisions later in terms of markings and I know she'd be mostly brown color-wise, but objects, mane edits, so on I'd leave to the colorist.
Concept: This Goddes is one for the heartbreakers out there; the love 'em and leave 'em sorts. I would not consider her Goddess of HeartBREAK, but the ones at fault for it directly.
Temporary Powers:
N/A
Permanent Power:
Curses someone to be unable to commit to an extreme. They will run from their mate if they have one, and if not, never keep one for very long. After a week (or shorter, up to the player) with one lioness / lion (so on), they will be unable to resist leaving. If they are mated in a pride, they will leave the pride to get away from the other individual. They are driven to keep going until they are far enough away the other lion(ess) could not easily contact them personally or through mutual friends.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm
Domain: Ash Trees
Existing Overlapping Domains: (I'm not sure if this is correct but...)
Beginnings, Woods, perhapes plants too?
Physical Description: Black body colour, ash colored mane, with wooden/tree-like wings sprouting green leafs. His front paws will also appear as if leafs are sprouting from them and will likely be a greenish color.
Concept: The Ash tree's wood has many uses, such as creating bows, tools, and handles, and is also used as firewood. The species of ash trees also grow in many parts of world, including Africa. The ash tree god, will thrive happiest around the trees his domain is named after, which isn't hard considering there is a vast majorty of different species of Ash tree.
1 - Footsteps of life: Where ever he walks he can revive dead/dying trees. The effect is temporary however, for when he leaves the area the tree goes right back to being dead again. Roughly speaking a tree will die again when he is located three-four meters away from it.
2 -
3 -
Permanent Power: He can, using a lot of energy, make an Ash tree sprout where ever he desires (there is no guarentee that the tree will survive if placed in an unusual location however). The tree that he created usually matures at a fast rate, thus seeming to have appeared out of nowhere. He doesn't particularly use this power a lot, as it has drawbacks and he usually does it as a gift of sorts.

His drawbacks can be most easily described as an extreme lack of energy and prone to illness. Something as common as the cold or as horrible as the flu, he can catch a lot of sicknessnes in a short amount of time before being able to fight it off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm
Domain: Kindness
Existing Overlapping Domains: Hospitality, Chivalry, Patience, Love
Mothers (might be one because some tend to relate kindness with mothers)
Physical Description: Female. She has long hair to her right side and a small pony tail of hair on the left side and it’s pure white with a few light pink feathers in hair tied to the pony tail. Her fur is light pink and the bottom of her leg there are white swirl marking moving outwards with shard markings. She has a white underbelly. She has white stripe down her eyes to her maw that has gold swirl marking in the white. She had small fluffy white wings with golden swirl marking over them. And has a large fluffy tail. She has white pearls and jewelry around her neck. She has a hippo next to her side that protects her.
Concept:
Kindness is the act of being kind, being marked by good and habitable behavior, pleasant disposition, and concern for others. Unselfish love and voluntary kindness without bias or spite. Having positive outlooks and cheerful demeanor; to inspire kindness in others.
1 – When others are around her they tends to feel contentment and/or relaxation as the act of kindness sometime is know to release neurotransmitters for these feelings.
2 – She has the power to make someone kind to another person for one instance.
3 – She is able to make someone feel good about themselves without them having to show kindness.
Permanent Power: She can bless someone the power of having others being kind to them always.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

Riffler

Handsome Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:51 pm
Domain: Wolves
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Nocturnal Animals(possibly)
Physical Description: A cosplay custom of THIS GUY
Concept: God who cares for and 'runs' with wolves
1 - Alter a wolf's mood, to calm them down or rile them up.
2 - Ability to turn into a maned wolf to hang out amongst them (needs to be discussed with mule)
3 - (to be added at a later time)
Permanent Power: the ability to talk to wolves, to have a nice good chat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 am
Domain: Jackals
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals
Physical Description: He'll be pretty plain and simple. No items, just a little scruffy looking as far as edits go, no wings, jackal coloration. I'd get a mortal jackal form for him.
Concept:
This is a somewhat silly idea, but I find fun, so if one day I have the chance to go for it, I figured why not! <3

He'd be RPed exclusively in jackal form. In fact, he'll usually reincarnate and automatically revert back to jackal form without even being aware of the ability to change shapes! He leads a large pack of jackals, and has many names; he is known to them as a god of sorts, though not in the same way as other gods around SoA, and is mostly regarded a spectacular leader. He reflects everything a jackal should be, plus a few little fantastical abilities.

As a whole he is unaware of most, if not all powers gods possess. He does not know he can fly, or teleport, or shapeshift, or cast illusions; instances were these abilities are used would be the involuntary result of fright and panic. He is unaware of the god's haven as well, and would probably be just as surprised by seeing another god as any mortal. So really, in most ways he is just like any other jackal!

Now for things that are very clearly magical about him. Whenever he dies, he is always reborn somewhere near his pack, and will usually instinctively find his way back to them within a month or so. He always has several memories from his past lives as leader of this pack, and always looks very similar, if not identical to his past life. He can run faster and jump higher than any jackal, as well as usually being physically more resistant. And he can perform one, spectacular miracle; turn other animals into jackals. On very rare occasions!

Because of these abilities he is the revered leader of this large pack of jackals, and they look to him for guidance. He has many names, because many have been attributed to him, and as such he ends up having no real, definitive name. In fact, his followers sometimes bicker about what his right name should be, as well as whether or not he's a god or something else. One thing is certain, though, his presence has definitely made a difference in keeping this little 'pack' alive, even though jackals aren't usually found in large groups.
Temporary Powers:
1 - Unnatural bursts speed and strength, when convenient.
2 - Some will find he is a very, very convincing and compelling liar.
3 - He can enter an almost transe-like, primitive state in which his sense of smell and hearing is sharpened. The purpose of this is usually to find food, though can occasionally be useful in finding lost friends, or enemies. In this state he seems able to pick up scents that... might not even really be there, at least according to any mortal. Of course, while it definitely gives him an edge on hunting things down, his ability and accuracy is hindered by distance from a target. The distance just needs to be larger than it would be for a mortal.
Permanent Power: He can turn non-jackals into jackals; similar to Hestia's ability to turn others into avians. This is usually done to teach a lesson, or presented as an honor to those who deserve it. OOCly, of course this would only be done with permission, and if the other player has acquired a jackal form for their character. xD The jackal form is supposed to at least resemble the original form of pre-existing SoA, but some subtle marking changes, or color changes may occur.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm
Domain: Longivity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Youth, Old Age
Physical Description: (I'm still working on a rough design but-)
A pale cream lion with a pale blonde half-mane braided back away from his face. He'll have a few golden markings (fighting with the design for this) and a large pair of feathered wings. He'll have a more slender frame and softer features.
Concept: (NOT OPTIONAL, explain your domain)
This concept cropped up to help explain insanely old SoA and to possibly encourage a concept pride that Sergio started up. Essentially, he prolongs the lifespan of a blessed SoA.
xx• 'Aura of Longivity:' The god will take up residence within a single territory but travel on rare occassion. While he inhabits an area, those around him benefit from longivity. This effect remains only as long as he does. When he departs, so does the effect.

Permanent Power:
xx• 'Gift of Long-life': The god blesses a single SoA with the gift of longivity, extending their natural life span and preserving their health. The SoA will age extremely slowly. (Reserved for adults only, he cannot turn younger soa's into perma-youths.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm
Domain: Family (Or Family Ties if 'family' is too broad)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fathers, Mothers, Duty.
Physical Description: Rebirth of existing soa with minor alterations. (Wings, hair, scars) - Sliabh
Concept: As a father to several generations in a pride besieged by strife and disease, Sliabh has lived several times longer than most of his pridemates, being immune to the sickness that takes a good majority of the pride before they can grow old. He adopted a litter of cubs before ever having any of his own and frequently acts as a surrogate father for those left orphaned or otherwise in need. He has northward of 45 children and grandchildren and acts as a father to them all regardless of just how they are actually related to him. A lion of steadfast honesty and belief in his family and his pride, he would do everything in his power to remain a part of his family and pride even beyond his mortal death. His mate is also the pride's Head Healer.

Temporary Powers:
1 - 'Listen to each other'. This power helps (but does not control) a lion to open his or her heart to their family in order to understand a family member's personal viewpoint. This is usually to help them over come arguments that as often as not are over inconsequential things but inevitable tear a family apart.
2 - 'Where my heart lies' - This power helps guide a lost family member back to their home/family. One time use.
3 - 'Family Ties' - This ability brings together family members that might not recognize the connection of their blood. This is most useful for rogue families that split off quickly and rarely stay in extended contact with each other, leading to half and full siblings never learning of each other's existence.
Permanent Power: 'To make new.' - This power is fairly simple. It allows family members to forgive each other. The situation is common, a small argument gets blown out of all proportion, words are said that can not be taken back without serious loss of face. This ability grants the family a fresh start, where old grievances are cleaned away and everyone gets to keep their dignity in the process.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Domain: Islands
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth, Fish, Floods, Hurricanes, The Moon, Nature, Oceans, Rain, Rivers, Volcanoes, Water, Waterfalls, Wind
Physical Description: Cosplay of Stitch from Lilo & Stitch
Concept: Island - A piece of land surrounded by water. He's basically the island protector, doing his best to keep disastrous things from taking them out, as well as helping out the animals / beings who live on them. He may also [ if it fits ] have the ability to destroy an island by means typical of an island oasis.
--> If you have already figured out powers, this will help us!
--> Submitting powers is usually optional, except for gods with broad or unusual domains.
1 - Still not sure on these, i'll have to think more into them and get back to you.
2 -
3 -
Permanent Power: [Only one. Be very specific with what they can/can't do.]

[OOC] Archived [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out