Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:43 pm
GallusDomesticus

Quick question; What is TiH POV on homosexuality (for example, I know a few people have plottings for gay students, meanwhile some have expressed they don't like homosexuality in students), so does the society turn a blind eye like 'dont ask, dont tell', or is it open? Or is it completely scandalous to be gay? >->;;

Dude, these are monsters ~ some of them are likely only nominally considered made or female, because they have all sorts of extras here and there ~ so it's not one of those things that superduper matters, to society in general. We don't dictate personalities, so if someone has a character that hates on the gay, that's fine as long as they abide by the daisy code, and don't use RP as a medium to further IRL "causes" <--- this has less to do with your question, but more something I feel should be said at some point. The more likely social issues to affect one's romancing would come from species, rather than gender preference.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 pm
The_Great_Book_Wyrm
This is not a necessarily a character questing, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but since the questing fairy is dead, will it be impossible to get your own character quest made except by auctions?

+++ Customs, which will be imo, a lot more 'fair' for you guys.

I totally agree with Liz @ gender neutrality. I don't think most creatures care on genders that much, but I don't think most demons would be caught dead next to an undead (no pun intended!)  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

yeomso

Questionable Bear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 pm
i was wondering on my own quest's tidbits.
i'm assuming humans are allowed in halloween as long as they're partially a monster or is a reaper of some sort; correct me if i'm wrong.

i'm sort of worried that my bg story for my quest might be all wrong for this universe and i really hope it's ok. @ ___ @
i really compare my quest to be something similar to a werewolf but he can change his for whenever he wants to.

and is pink hair out of the question? D;
because some clowns are brightly colored but are still creepy, so i don't really think that a pink mohawk is really out of the question, but i wanted to ask. thank you~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:50 pm
yeomso
i was wondering on my own quest's tidbits.
i'm assuming humans are allowed in halloween as long as they're partially a monster or is a reaper of some sort; correct me if i'm wrong.

Human's are not allowed at all. Their heads would explode upon entry. It's super messy, but some find it to be rather entertaining. Also: provides its own snacks. Reapers are human-looking. Not actually human or part human. The only creatures that could be considered part-human would be zombies (and that's more about...human-parts) and in that same vein of thought: living constructs. So your dude could possibly work, but we'll have to work with you on it when you either enroll or whenever we go over your quest + you'll have to wipe the majority of his human life from his memory.

i'm sort of worried that my bg story for my quest might be all wrong for this universe and i really hope it's ok. @ ___ @
i really compare my quest to be something similar to a werewolf but he can change his for whenever he wants to.

and is pink hair out of the question? D;
because some clowns are brightly colored but are still creepy, so i don't really think that a pink mohawk is really out of the question, but i wanted to ask. thank you~

D:' It's fine.

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

yeomso

Questionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 am

what if i made him so that his body became completely monster but he still physically retained a human "form" and he only remembers one day of his human life? and anything else residual would be only emotions which would be similar to a ghost having left over feelings?

i mean there are plenty of monsters that were originally humans in folklore such as vampires, werewolves, the undead, some demons, etc. when i say my character is half human i mean that he maintains his human form, not that he's actually human. ;O

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am
yeomso

what if i made him so that his body became completely monster but he still physically retained a human "form" and he only remembers one day of his human life? and anything else residual would be only emotions which would be similar to a ghost having left over feelings?

i mean there are plenty of monsters that were originally humans in folklore such as vampires, werewolves, the undead, some demons, etc. when i say my character is half human i mean that he maintains his human form, not that he's actually human. ;O

D: We're going to think about it, and make a decision when your quest comes up ok. Don't get your heart set on anything tho, and if we say no, we will bring other suggestions to the table.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

catmagick

Magical Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 pm
Would a sea nymph be considered a demon or a monster?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:14 pm
Suggestion! (for adoptables)

I noticed that sometimes, when your pets level, you get a message on the site with a promo pet code. I was all, "whoa, that's way awesome!" I think that the same thing could be done for the people who click on other's pets in order to level them, and that would be spiffy. o3o Sort of a motivation for people to do more clicking, instead of just hoarding? Either a script that picks up whenever someone with an account clicks something, or specifically when a pet grows to the next stage, one in X number of clickers would get a promo pet.  

Arrien

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 pm
demon_pachabel:
That sounds wonderful!<3

Chibizoo:
About how much would these customs cost?

Adoptable Question:
A few days ago I got a message like so:
~~~~~~~
Congratulations! You have received a reward because one of your adoptables leveled up and the site admin has chosen to reward you for this.

Your reward is the following promo code: XXXX(The message has the real code)

You may use this promo code on the Promo Code Page to receive a special exclusive or limited edition adoptable!

Congratulations on your reward!
~~~~~~~
But when I tried to insert the code into the Promo page, it doesn't accept it. Why's that?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 pm

I have a question about questing! Thought I'd ask it here because everyone seems to be here. o-o" Do we have to suggest a subspecies before we quest one like it? I'd like to quest a Stitch Witch, also known as Thread Mages, but the Witch/Mage description doesn't necessarily fit it. I'm going to start working on her quest while I wait to hear back from you guys, but I'll change/work on/remove/etc, if needed.

Also - are witches allowed to have brooms (that enable them flight) and/or familiars that don't necessarily tie into a natural ability? Idk if that makes sense exactly. Take the Stitch Witch concept: the broom she flies on would just be transportation to her. Like an automobile to us. Just wondering in general; haven't really decided on implementing it into her design just yet. Just thought I'd ask as I saw it listed in one of the witches' natural ability section, but not in the Reaper info thread. xD;;

Hope I'm not a bother asking all this. >>"

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 pm
catmagick
Would a sea nymph be considered a demon or a monster?

It depends how you want to play it! Think of most demons as more magically/dark element oriented while monsters are mostly physical creatures who boast more strength, speed, and the likes. I would recommend sea nymphs be considered monsters because of the lore, but if you want to play them as demons that is fine too.

@ Arrien: Sadly my PHP knowledge is very very limited D: I did want to do a system a while back where I could reward people based on the number of clicks they did, but that will have to be put in the backburner until we can hire someone who knows how to do these kind of things without messing up the whole site. I will, however, try my best to see if I can get a trade system working for minipets yayyy!!

@ Book Wrym: If you are talking about the phoenix promo code it is actually a hint. I mean it says hint right on the promo code!! You have to search within our Gaia thread (see what the hint says) to find the answer!

I am still coming up with reasonable custom prices and how quest rewarding will work in the future. I would like ideally to reward people who are more active/doing things/ always participating in thread as opposed to people 'who have a nice shiny quest'. This will very likely be quest fairy version 2.

@ Orion: You do not need to suggest a subspecies to quest for it! the subspecies index is just a small sampling of subspecies and when you reach your quest, it might become more official : x  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:34 pm
TBH ~ I think it's a bit much for witches to get broom flight while in school ~ along the same lines of automobiles to us, I'd like it to be more of an "semi-adult" thing ~ if you feel very strongly that your witch must have flight and that it's important to their story, then give us your Damn Good Reason whenever your quest gets looked over.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:41 pm

[Edit] Well I think I fixed my sub-species problem, and I underlined the only real question left over for whoever is going to answer. D8

Do all students need a sub-species and natural ability?

I've been having trouble finding one for my reaper who has recently shifted to enrollment, which means I want to make sure I get everything sorted out soon. XD

She's a close combat sword user, but her fear has to do with the swords enchanting themselves with a random element. Do fears have close ties with sub-species and natural ability? If so, I shift towards Mage but she doesn't do any distant or AoE magic (my brain's registration of a mage) which makes me shy away from Mage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm
Would you consider a Jiang Shi a vampire or a zombie? o.o  

XxEternal MelodyxX

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:20 pm
Hmm... I see no hint, but I will try hunting around the front page.

Okay, thank you for explaining to me about the quests! ^^  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games