Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:45 pm
-computer glitch, sorry for the multiple posts.^_^' Please see the last page for my actual response.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:10 pm
WebenBanu
-computer glitch, sorry for the multiple posts.^_^' Please see the last page for my actual response.
Now you see 'em, now ya' don't. ninja  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:20 pm
OKay, I need some suggestions for some problems I'm having:

1.) Sunburn. gonk
On Saturday, I helped out with a carwash, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, get home, find I'm horribly, painfully sunburned. I've put aloe, body butter, and ice on it, but it's still dreadfully annoying. Any suggestions fo things I should eat, wear, put-on, etc.? I know this is dumb, but any 'spells' I might want to do to help increase healing or decrease the pain?

Yes, I'm a panzy when it comes to burns. sweatdrop

2.) Supplments. xp
I hate taking vitamin suppliments. They smell and taste nasty. The best thing I can get down are chocolate calcium chews, but those are expensive. Any ideas on what I can eat more instead of taking supplements, or of anything I do that will help me take (and remember to take) the vitamins?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:57 pm
WebenBanu, thanks for your reply.. I really do need to read about things like that more often. I'm at the stage where I really have no idea what I believe in, so I'm attempting to create a good solid belief system for myself, but usually end up not feeling strong enough about it. You wouldn't mind if I printed off the post you wrote would you? I usually find that if I have something on paper I can hi-lite, write notes and do other things to remember it better.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:10 pm
Jameta

Yay! Thanks.^_^ Unfortunately I don't know of anything to recommend for your sunburn situation, but I feel your pain. I tend to burn quite badly, but I usually go with excessive application of a high quality skin lotion- like LubriDerm. It comes in an aloe version, too. I used to take vitamins every day- I've never had a problem with taking pills. But lately they've been making me nausious. All that I can think of is that I've built up enough reserves that I'm developing vitamin toxicity from too many tablets, so I've stopped for a while. I hope you heal fast!

Vertigo_Kiwi
WebenBanu, thanks for your reply.. I really do need to read about things like that more often. I'm at the stage where I really have no idea what I believe in, so I'm attempting to create a good solid belief system for myself, but usually end up not feeling strong enough about it. You wouldn't mind if I printed off the post you wrote would you? I usually find that if I have something on paper I can hi-lite, write notes and do other things to remember it better.

You're welcome to print out anything I post. And if you come up with other questions, you can either post them here or PM me- I'm sure I'll answer either way.^_~ I find that a wonderful way of solidifying your beliefs is to write about them, so you might want to ask yourself some questions about what you're looking for in a religion, what makes sense to you, what you're able to give back to your religious community, and whatever else springs to mind. Then do some research and write some essays.^_^ For me, my favorite means of learning is to read through a bunch of books, and saturate my brain with all kinds of facts, and then field questions from other people. I find that their questions help me to link all those little factlets together in a useful fashion, which enriches my own experience of the religion as well as (hopefully) theirs.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:21 pm
Aww poor jameta. the only thing I can think of is what i like to term the owie fix spell. I'll post it here later for you and everyone else that wants it. My bos is at home and I only remember a few bits and pieces of it sweatdrop but it works for the most part for me heart

~ Panther

Panther Nightwind

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:34 am
WebenBanu
Jameta

Yay! Thanks.^_^ Unfortunately I don't know of anything to recommend for your sunburn situation, but I feel your pain. I tend to burn quite badly, but I usually go with excessive application of a high quality skin lotion- like LubriDerm. It comes in an aloe version, too. I used to take vitamins every day- I've never had a problem with taking pills. But lately they've been making me nausious. All that I can think of is that I've built up enough reserves that I'm developing vitamin toxicity from too many tablets, so I've stopped for a while. I hope you heal fast!
Your welcome and thanks, Weben. 3nodding

As for your case, recent scientific studies have shown that taking a large amount of vitamins or pills does not help one. What happens is that while trying to digest and absorb the supplements, they are broken down fast, but not all is absorbed due to so much being put thorugh the system. Therefore, people are encouraged to spread-out their doses throughout the day.

And Panther, anything would be great right now. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:45 pm
Ok, here it is whee I can't remember what book it's from but I believe I got it from a friend first before finding it in a book sweatdrop
Depending on where your sunburn is Jameta, you might need someone else to use this if you do try it.

Owie Go Away Chant/Spell

Place hand(s) over the hurt area 'imagining' a white light coming from the hand(s) and surrounding the hurt area; Say the following "rhyme"

Owie Fix
Owie Fix
You're the faerie that I pick
Bring the healing
Bring it quick

Repeat as many times as desired.

This does work for me but like I stated previously, it may not work for everybody sweatdrop

If all else fails, try (all information below is verbatim off of the bottle whee it works nicely as well 3nodding ) :
Ocean Potion
Instant burn relief ICE
Aloe Vera/ Lidocain
Tea Tree Extract

Panther Nightwind

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:43 am
Jameta
OKay, I need some suggestions for some problems I'm having:

1.) Sunburn. gonk
On Saturday, I helped out with a carwash, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, get home, find I'm horribly, painfully sunburned. I've put aloe, body butter, and ice on it, but it's still dreadfully annoying. Any suggestions fo things I should eat, wear, put-on, etc.? I know this is dumb, but any 'spells' I might want to do to help increase healing or decrease the pain?

Yes, I'm a panzy when it comes to burns. sweatdrop

Aloe vera. It's been used as a treatment for all sorts of burns for hundreds of years. I know you're using it ... keep it up, and put it on regularly. You'll just have to wait for the rest of the burn to go away ...

Next time remember the sunscreen, OK? 3nodding

Quote:

2.) Supplments. xp
I hate taking vitamin suppliments. They smell and taste nasty. The best thing I can get down are chocolate calcium chews, but those are expensive. Any ideas on what I can eat more instead of taking supplements, or of anything I do that will help me take (and remember to take) the vitamins?

I don't take vitamins. I endeavor to eat fresh, healthy food instead, and drink at least 24 oz. of milk a day. Organic produce has been scientifically proven to contain 3 - 15 times more nutrients than conventionally grown produce.

Eat well, and you shouldn't need supplements, unless for some reason you can't easily manage a balanced diet.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:50 am
Jishin
Organic produce has been scientifically proven to contain 3 - 15 times more nutrients than conventionally grown produce.

Yep, it's because the bacteria which live in the soil excrete a sort of sticky residue which holds the soil particles together in an open latticework- which means that there are lots of little tunnels for water, air, and nutrients to filter through. This means that the roots are more effective at taking in what they need, so they are able to build up the plant with more solid fortifications than they otherwise would- which is also why organic food doesn't spoil as quickly as the other stuff.

Non-organic produce tends to lay on the chemicals in such a way that these bacteria can not survive for very long. And when they're gone, the latticework of the soil collapses, leaving a bunch of packed earth around the roots. The plant is limited to gathering nutrients from the soil which is right around the roots- since there's no room for other nutrients to filter through- and that means that it basically has to build up the same plant, but with fewer building blocks. So you get produce which has fewer nutrients in it, and the structure of the plant itself is less stable- so it breaks down/rots more quickly.^_^  

WebenBanu

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:19 pm
Oo, thanks for the scienteriffic details. I had seen the results of the study, but not the reasoning. Spiffy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:27 am
Whats the difference between a WITCH and a Wiccan.  

QueenCrystal

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:23 pm
QueenCrystal
Whats the difference between a WITCH and a Wiccan.

That's a somewhat controversial one, but basically a witch is someone who practices magic (a.k.a. "witchcraft") and a Wiccan is a devotee of the Wiccan religion (which includes some magical techniques, but also a lot of other things).

Many people claim that the two words are synonyms, with "wiccan" simply being a more PC version of "witch." I don't buy it, since the word "witch" was in common usage a long time before Wicca appeared.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:19 pm
There really should be no arguments about it: one can be Wiccan and a witch (which many are), but a Wiccan does not have to be a witch, nor a witch have to be a Wiccan.

In repitition, 'Wiccan' is the term one uses when referring to one who practices/follows Wicca (which is not synonomous with witchcraft), while 'witch' is used to describe one who practices/works in witchcraft (and it can be used to describe a male or female). Wiccan is to Christian as witch is to carpenter: Both are connected to a job/duty/task (Jesus was a carpenter), but one does not have to be one.  

Jameta
Captain

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:49 pm
Ok I understand o.O I think..  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games