Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 am
Grand Staircase/ Fourth Floor stairwell User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

While the Slytherin boy had been waiting on his friend from Gryffindor Ronyo moved to the Grand Staircase portion of the fourth floor to watch the stairs move back and forth. He was wondering if there was a pattern to their movement or if it was more of a real random occurrence. He could see a few students rushing ahead of a few stairs before they moved and some who seemed to be waiting on the flight they were on to move back to where it had been.

While he sat watching the stairs move about as they will, he caught the feint scent of smoke. It was heavily dispersed by the time it had reached the fourth floor but it was still there. Ronyo almost shrugged it off as being from the wall torches but then thought for moment. He passed by those everyday and never once smelled them life this before, no this was something burning. Ronyo leaned a bit out on the staircase he was on and sniffed the air a few more times doing his best to use his ken sense to its best ability.

With the smoke so scattered it likely had been traveling up for sometime which meant it was on one of the lowest levels. Ronyo slowly made his way down the stairs following the scent of smoke as he went. He didn’t know if the smoke was from a potion gone bad or something worst, but Ronyo felt a sense of curiosity and urgency to check out the source. He moved with a bit more life knowing he would likely need to get wherever it was he was going before the source of the smoke got worst.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Taking two steps at a time, Colton descended the grand staircase with his school robes slung messily over his right shoulder. His eyes scanned each landing for a sign of his friend, but Ronyo wasn't seen until the boy leaned over the edge of the staircase, spotting him several floors below him. "Oi! Ronyo!" He called, waving an arm over the rail in hopes of catching the Slytherin's attention before he escaped below.

Throwing his robes over his clothes, Colt hustled down to the lower floor, finally catching up to his friend, who seemed rather caught up in something of his own. At first, Colton thought he was listening hard, but paying closer attention, he spotted the flare of Ronyo's nostrils. Taking a strong whiff of the air around him, the Gryffindor caught a thick scent of something burning. His eyes darted to the lighted torches that hung against the walls, but no, that wasn't it.
"Reckon there's trouble down there?" He asked slowly, noticing Ronyo's troubled look before glancing over the side of the stair's again to the floor below them. He knew this wasn't the purpose of their stroll together, but he was certainly in the mood for a little adventure.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 pm
Grand Staircase/ Fourth Floor stairwell User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo was pleased to see his friend and at just the perfect time as well. With Colton they stood a better chance to find the source of the burning scent, and if it came to be something on fire they could stand a better chance of putting it out. With a nod in regards to Colton’s words, Ronyo continued to move down the stairs knowing his friend would follow.

“I have a bad feeling about this. Looks like we will have to put our armor hunt on hold for a bit, something tells me this is more important right now.”

Ronyo continued to move with his nose leading the way and his eyes darting to the floor landings every time they came into view. He still didn’t know what was going on but it was that sixth sense that told him, Colton and he were needed at the source of that smoke. With luck they could find it before anything bad happened.

((OOC: Can continue at any floor landing before we reach the dungeon. We should give time for us having to walk down four flights of moving stairs.))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:54 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Jane had stayed silent as they re-entered the castle with him following. A strange sense of forlorning was brewing within him and he wondered if this was Jane's previously stated 'sense'.
Even in the sweeping confusion of it all, Allen could identify the friend. Phi, as being a classmate of theirs. She was a Ravenclaw, if the colors of her robes and her constant question-answering were not enough to give it off. He disliked her, not in true dislike, but the common goody-goody-always-taking-the-class-spotlight-during-lectures sort of way.
It was just her label in his mind in their classroom society. Outside that, he knew nothing of her. it was the red hair that set her apart but he never felt much interest towards her. He had his own interests and he was sure she had his. But, Jane was her friend, and, if something was wrong, Allen would leap in at any opportunity presented. That was the loyal, Gryiffindor side to him. The reckless side as well.

His dark eyes continued to leap up towards the fellow Hufflepuff's back as she lead. He hoped this feeling, both their feelings, were off the mark.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:07 pm
((My laptop want work for formats. Sorry hope you guys don't mind))
Jane looked around the staircases. Quickly she spotted Ronyo and Colton. Jane took Allen's hand and lead him towards the boys. "Colton, Ronyo!" She yelled waving her hand. They seemed to be rushing somewhere. She yelled at the two again. "Have you two seen Phi anywhere?" She asked with a slight hint of worry in her voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen couldn't help but the previous heat fill up to his face again. His ears felt on fire as his eyes stared at her hand holding his. Why was he reaction this way? Did he have a fever?
As his nativity questioned further, his mind again noted how soft she felt. Looking up at the sound of her voice addressing others, he noticed a Slytherin and a Gryffindor. One towering with almost no hair, the other with long, white hair. The pair seemed far more than just odd.
He did, though, recognize them. His memory also noted that they were usually siting with the Ravenclaw girl whom Jane was now mentioning. One could only assume they were friends. Were they also looking for her?

Allen tried to get the look and blush from his face and instead caught Jane's attention.
"I don't know if they can hear you, lets try catching up to them."

{ooc: colton and ronyo are both at the second level right now, that is why i had allen say this. if you want to edit your post saying that jane was trying to call to them, that should work. then you can post on the second floor. }
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:53 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton flew past Jane, accidentally bumping into her friend who seemed to be accompanying her. In any other situation, he would have apologized and shook the boy's hand, but if Phi was in danger, nothing else mattered at the moment. He did, however, offer a grave look in hopes of his understanding, though he didn't take the time to see how the silver-haired student reacted.

Racing down each step, Colton didn't hesitate until he reached the first floor landing. He didn't bother checking that floor, but continued to descend to the dungeons instead. Clear smoke could now be seen rising from below, but as he reached the end of the staircase, it seemed to be letting up some. Turning to those behind him before exiting onto the final landing, he made eye contact with each one, hoping inside his head that what they found ahead was something he could deal with.

[[OOC: I'll wait for you guys to post before we enter the dungeons.]]
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:05 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen and Jane had caught up to the two other boys. From the worried glances and the quickened exchange of words, the atmosphere around them began to constrict, as did Allen's confusion.
The Hufflepuff opened his mouth to ask what was happening, but the Gryffindor suddenly sped down the steps again. Allen blinked his dark eyes, but following just as quickly. Not as gracefully, though.

Sudden, all questions began to filter away. The worried expression of the two boys and Jane were enough for Allen to realize something was going on, and it was serious. As he tried to concentrate on not tumbling due to twisted feet, he thought up any sort of plan or idea to face whatever needed to be faced. The smoke was getting thicker, though it was still not at the thickness form a laze, but the size of the fire was obviously not one to be ignored. Allen put up his guard, reaching for his wand.
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:22 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane rushed to follow Colton. "Sorry Allen, I'll explain later." she said as she rushed away towards the dungeons. "We can't all go rushing in at once" Jane said not bothering to stop running. "Something more is going on then just a fire. Let me go in alone" She said almost pleading. She had to go in alone even if she didn't have support, she would find away. Jane didn't know where all these felling were coming from. She felt like someone was telling her everything to do in her head. It was strange but so far her intuition had been right and she wouldn't give up on it now.

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; Should we head in without Ronyo? It's getting late he might not be on anymore tonight.

Jane Abigail Doyle

Her

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm
[[ OOC: It seems that he jumped to the dungeons, so I just posted Colton there. Sorry, I hadn't read Jane's post yet. stressed ]]

Porcelaine Ivory

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:58 pm
[[Oddly Opaque Carrot: I'm taking this fact from here seeing as to how it's NOT ON THE STUPID MAP! stressed ]]

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia yawned as he left the Transfiguration classroom, he was tired and it wasn't even lunch yet! He still had quite a few more classes. Oh how much it vexed him. He had come from the ground-floor and began making his way up the steps rubbing the spot on his head where the broom from earlier had given him such a loud and painful smack. He hated flying, and the broom loved flying, so no doubt it was upset that he was commanding it around while he had no longing to ride it.

He stopped on the third floor landing as he thought this, that was crazy talk! Acting like the broom was a living thing... Then again... He turned to one of the paintings in the Grand Staircase and glared at the tiny people moving around in them. These portraits were alive, they breathed, they talked, and they felt emotions, whose to say the broom was no different?

"GRAH!!!!" He yelled out angrily as he kept walking up the staircase. These thoughts were depressing him, and it just annoyed him to death.

He had left Thomas, who was heading to his common room, and just decided to go to his common room as well. It would be nice to exchange his books while he went over what they had learned today in class. He became deep in thought once again about how the teacher had discussed 'inanimate to animate.' Could that be what the broom was? An inanimate object was enchanted to be animate? Well, how else would the bloody piece of wood fly!? Great! Now he was sounding like a Brit! That only depressed him more, he loved his Egyptian and Pitcairnian heritage.

These thoughts kept rattling in his head as he tripped on the fake step and his books went flying all over the fourth floor landing and staircase. He cursed loudly as his foot and leg got stuck in the fake step. Who did this spell in the first place!?
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:54 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Belle balanced with grace as she flittered up the stairway, it would have been a wonder to witness her wallowing fall downwards due to over stepping a step by several inches and had paraded down in a tumble at the bottom (not that she had gone very far up anyway.) But there she was, gliding across with ethereal poise yet traumatic haste. It was clear upon all for those to see, she was all but horridly lost. A clutched Transfiguration’s book remained adamant in her arms like a lifeboat amidst the sea, and yet, she still hadn’t seemed all that worried, a lurking smile had since haunted her lips upon the arrival of this marvelous castle. Within her sight, the distinguished sight of the boy her year with ever-changing color had crossed her path and nearly fallen as she had done only several minutes prior; despite all of her grace, Belle was a clumsy and unfortunate little girl. If she could recall correctly, the boy crossing her path had been the one with quite a difficulty during flying class.

”Are you alright?” She inquired with a painted smile, one far too distinguished for her age, but she hastened to place her own text book aside to kneel, slide a book or two with gentle ease from the floor and guide each towards Yiaraw with that brilliant smile.

Desires: Transfigurations’s Class
Troubles: These Stairs!

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia was really busy attempting to pull his leg out of the trick stair and it took him a minute to actually get it out. This irked him more! He looked up as he saw a Slytherin girl from his class. Great! More bad luck for the poor Ravenclaw. He sighed and got up, only to fall from pain as he had twisted his ankle.

He cursed several times before looking up at the Slytherin girl. ,
"Sadly, it looks like I'm NOT alright... Twisted my ankle..." He replied to her, not hiding the fact that he was upset and angry all at the same time with his current situation. What annoyed him the most was not his broken ankle however, it was the fact that he was in the presence of a Slytherin! A SLYTHERIN! Oh how this depressed him.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Although Belle wasn't the type to be happy at others expenses, she was a bit relieved to realize that she wasn't the only one to suffer with the same problem along the staircases. She had gotten lost nearly five times today, six, if she counted getting lost from where she was lost from! Either way, Belle offered a gracious glow, brilliantly casting off a warm aura of comfort unto any around her.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear; here, let me help you." She offered as she inched closer and extended a hand. "I had actually found the hospital wing a little while ago while I was trying to the find Transfigurations classroom..."

Desires: Transfigurations’s Class
Troubles: These Stairs!

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia contemplated for a few seconds, would he accept this Slytherin's help? She can't be trusted! Roi probably got to her already... Still, "Do you know someone named Roi?" He asked, staring at her offered hand. If she replied no he'd accept her help, if yes, then he'd slap that vile hand away and limp his way to the Hospital Wing if he had to.
User Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces