Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am
User Image
User Image

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
User Image
As they neared the entrance to the castle, Tristain's heart pulsed faster and faster, still well-aware of the boy at her side. His presence, though new-found, seemed to bring out the real Tristain, a comfortable Tristain - though it would still be automatic for her to hide her deeper thoughts and feelings, Jayden was one of the few hands with permission to flip almost freely through her pages, choosing what he wants to know and skipping past what he doesn't.

"Aren't you excited?" She asked, the thrill of the moment evident in her voice. Soon the doors opened and the crowd of first years began making their way through it - some hurriedly, some hesitating. "Come on." This time her voice was nearly a whisper as she smiled up at Jayden before continuing into the castle - an enlightening sort of magic taking hold of her for the first time. It was the feeling of being at Hogwarts.

[[Off to the Antechamber!]]
User Image
"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 pm
User Image

Holding onto the wall to catch her breath(as she had been running up the grounds from the boat) she heard students inside. "GUH!," she inarticulately huffed in exasperation before willing her feet to continue.
It wouldn't be too long now before she'd be sorted and learning all the new vivid and colorful and magical things she could. How much could I learn here?, she paused for a moment before continuing without giving her mind to truly ponder. I'll find out for sure, was all she confirmed it with.

[[Continue to Antechamber]]

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm
User Imageωhat's on my mind?◤Better get going!◥

ωho is in my thoughts?◤The Students.◥

ωhat am I feeling?◤Excited◥

Professor Kayleigh McKenny

Coming up from the boats, students in tow."This is it guys, please get in a single file line and we will go in and make our entrance to the great hall." She explained making sure they got in a line.

♣Out♣Of♣Owls♣ ◤Wait for an enterance post in the great hall and then you may make your entrance post for the sorting thread here. DO NOT POST TILL IT OPENS! I will post here to let you know when.◥

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda climbed out of her boat and stepped onto the cold, paved ground. Without a word, she walked along with the other students to form a single file line. She felt excited and nervous, but she would never let anyone notice. Instead, she watched the other students, already judging them.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana nearly jumped out of the boat in excitement. "We're here, we're here!" she shouted to the three students who rode the boat with her. We're finally here! she thought, looking up at the seven floor castle that stood in front of her. She inhaled deeply trying to savor the moment. This will be my home for the next seven years, she thought, her mind running off onto another daydream about all of the things she'll be able to do.

wearing

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UNSORTED 1st Year

Current Mood: Nervous xxx Location: The Paved Courtyard

Rona held her tongue as boats nearly tipped, brimming over with children who pushed and elbowed one another just to squint through the fog towards an unbelievable castle. She was just as awestruck, but made little show of it. After all, the feeling of fear had balled tightly in her stomach and refused to part, making it a terrible effort to look excited.

The other girls seemed far more confident.

By now she'd forgotten to introduce herself, but found the time passed far too awkward to make up for. Instead, she picked up her caged owl, pulled her drooping socks back over her knees and waited for her turn to exit the ancient canoe.

A sallow reflection in the Black Lake forced her eyes back to the forefront.

The place was quite eerie and Lantern's soft cooing-screech only added to the ambiance.

With:
Adonyx Ravenblood[color=white]
Payton Loughty III

OOC: ...

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:12 pm
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

As Annabelle got out of the boat he stomach filled with excitement, she couldn't wait to get sorted and see who else gets put in her house, she kept Mark with her.
"C'mon Mark, time to get sorted!" Annabelle exclaimed and smiled at her friend.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

As the boat knocked on the edge of the courtyard, Joseph fell out of his seat onto the floor of the boar. Oops, not the best infront of his new friends. He got up faster then he fell and straightened his robes. He jumped out of the boat quite quickly before any of the girls.
"Do any of you need help out of the boat?" he asked thoughtfully and held out his hand so he could help them if they needed it.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 pm
User ImageThe boat bumped against the dock, and Shina climbed out, offering her hand down to Rue. "Oh, well, I'll take Muggle Studies first. It's offered starting second year. But I want to sign up for Arithmancy, Cursebreaking, Wandless, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes, and Alchemy at least in third year! I plan to take as many courses as I can!" Shina confessed with a mischievous grin. For the first time since getting off the train, Shina actually looked like an eleven year old girl excited about going to magic school.

((OOC: Maybe if Shina and Rue stay friends, Shina can teach Rue a little? Just a smattering of words here and there, and the occasional phrase?))  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 am
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rutam took the hand Shina offered and hoisted herself up rather smoothly. "Thanks. It sounds like you've got everything planned out! I wish I was that organised." She laughed at herself, knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to decide which electives to take. All of the classes sounded so interesting and exciting. Shina's grin was infectuous and Rue smiled back at her, then turned to wait for Elliot to deboard; offering her hand as Shina had for her. "I was thinking of taking Wandless, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, and Divination. Hopefully in my sixth year I can take Apparation; if my parents would let me. They're worried I'd splinch myself." Rue shuddered at the images she had seen of a lack of consentration while Apparationing. They weren't ever pretty.

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: That would be wonderful, thank you :3 ))

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:54 am
User Image "Mm, splinching does sound scary, but it's reversible. Some accidental magic comes in the form of spontaneous apparition, so really, we're just learning to consciously control an ability we already have. I heard once that splinching is so easily reversed because we instinctively know what to do when we apparate, it's just our own disbelief that causes problems. So our magic knows how to do it right, and just needs a little nudge to finish the job until we believe we can do it right," Shina told the other girl. "Of course, this wasn't an academic opinion, just a conversational one, so I don't know how true that is."

((OOC: No problem! And I love your little image boxes. Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?))  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 am
User Image
User Image

Rue nodded. "It sounds true enough to me. That's why its so important to fully concentrate while apparationing. My dad is lisenced, and he's told me to keep some essence of dittany with me in case either he or I ever got splinched." She reached into her robe's sleeve to retrieve a small, blue bottle no bigger than her middle finger. The liquid inside swirled quickly, the different shades of blue that were cast through it from the light sources mixing together, then slowed to a lazy shimmer. "I keep some with me even when I don't apparate with someone. Its always better to be prepared for the unexspected." You never knew if someone would pop up right next to you hurt; or worse.

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: I made the nail-art animation using Gimp (an animation software), & then "wild-gem", and the 'check out my threads' banner using regular Paint. The others I just found in other rps or online. The images aren't mine (except 'check out my threads'). I've got a Seer icon that I want to use too, but Vixen has yet to give me the ok about being a Seer. I'm glad you like them: :3 ))

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 am
Elliot slipped out of the boat, hoisting Cheshire up onto his hat. The brim of the wizard's hat sank down low under the weight of the half-kneazle, but managed somehow to stay on his head. The boy grinned at this success then turned his attention to the girls.
"I hope to take Alchemy myself in the third year. On top of Ancient Runes, and one of the Mind Magics if at all possible. Maybe I'll put in for any foreign languages they offer here..." He scratched the edge of his cheek. "But what I'm really looking forward to isn't a course - I really want to learn how to become an Animagus. For that I think Wandless would be a good aid, since I wouldn't be able to use my wand while in my animal form..." He trailed off as they started talking about the House they hoped to end up in. Now his nerves were back full force. I don't htink I'm smart enough to get into Ravenclaw, not really. And I'm really not brave enough to be a Gryffindor. I don't really have much cunning - I wouldn't want to even start to try to lie about something in any way, and that'd be pretty necessary to be truly cunning... I guess it's only Hufflepuff... To keep his hands from spazzing out as his mind spiraled towards the thought of not having any House at all, and not being Sorted, Elliot pulled his textbook back out and started going through it, rereading the information on the charms for this year for what seemed like the fifth time.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:59 am
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

The silent boat ride hadn't done anything to cool Ben's temper. It also didn't help that a very rude girl had come and sat next to them. She obviously had no manners. At least Louvenia wasn't all that bad, but Matt kept making him angrier and angrier. His nose was so far up in the air, that Ben was sure he'd trip over something. He couldn't take it anymore. "I don't know what you have to be so stuck up about," Ben spat. "From what I can tell, your pride is the only talent you've got." He let his words hang in the air. Sure Matt may have grown up around magic, but he acted like he was so much more superior to Ben. Ben couldn't stand it.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Unsorted

• mood: excited

She was almost sad the boat ride ended, but there was so much more yet to happen. Juniper was slightly amused by Joseph's small fumble, but didn't make a big deal of it. She carefully got up and though she didn't really need help, if he was gentleman enough to offer his hand; she would be polite enough to accept it. The traditional game of social graces, which sometimes annoyed her- but she learned those lessons, even if she didn't always choose to abide by them.

Looking around, the school seemed larger and more real now that they stood right there. But there was little time to dwell on it immediately, as Professor McKenny was already giving further instruction. Juniper nods her head in the direction of the line. "We better join the queue...." She couldn't think of much else to say, her mind full of what was going to be happening so soon.

{{OOC: .... }}

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces