Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Deities Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:37 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Christ, I have NO time for that "left hand path" /"right hand path" bullshit xd As if things were ever that simple - or that limited. Every time I hear it I want to punch a baby in the face.
Lol. Welcome to my world. I'm sort of in something between a good friend of mine, that's not a total lightworker/rhper and an acquaintence who is a lightworker/rhper who feels uncomfortable with the LHP but won't say anything. Me and my friend were discussing the whole issue last night...(or was it Sunday night?) and we both agreed that being solely of one path versus the other isn't probable nor is it practical.

As for the acquaintence I have wanted to kick her in the face SEVERAL times in the past 6 months. -.-  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Anyways...I suppose practicing either the LHP and or the RHP solely is silly. Hell it's even stupid. Without one you can't have the other. Which is why I'm looking to mix both in my practices, mirroring something a friend did minus without trying to lose my mind. I think it's already lost though.
Throw the whole concept out and focus more on a balance I suppose. Don't try to put things in categories. Magic is. It's what we do with it that counts really.

But then I've cast some pretty "negative" spells recently, so I don't know *shrug* I wouldn't say I'm practicing the "left hand path" or "black magic" though. I'm a witch. I do with my magic what I want.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm
circlelord13

i dunno it was my witch aunt who told me.... she is dead now.....

So- there's a chance she made it all up and you're not really that sure.
I mean- I know my family was taken as slaves, we've got records that can trace our geneology back like that. sweatdrop Claiming to be related to someone who was killed as part of a witch hunt, but not knowing who that person is, where they were from or anything doesn't do you any good.

Sanguina Cruenta
Christ, I have NO time for that "left hand path" /"right hand path" bullshit xd As if things were ever that simple - or that limited. Every time I hear it I want to punch a baby in the face.

The day we can tip in guilds is the day I am going to be dead broke on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ravynne Sidhe
oOGarrettOo
Ravynne Sidhe
It's more accurate to say that Satanic witches practice the left hand path versus black magic.
I wouldn't even say that. Magic really can't be grouped like that. It's a personal thing.
As far as Satanism go, it is considered as the left hand path per both Anton LaVey who wrote the book "The Satanic Witch" which explains exactly what Satanic Witchcraft would be and Diane Vera who runs the Theistic Satanism site, and is apart of the Church of Azazel in New York. While magic is an individual thing, however many Satanic practitioners do practice the left hand path versus the right hand path.
But to say there's a right hand and left hand path one would have to lay down what's right and what's wrong and what's right to one is not always right to another.
Going based off of memory the RHP deals with things like morality, goodness blah blah blah. LHP is more umm...I forget xDDD

I'll look it up tomorrow morning.
That still to me sounds like the agruement between being a white witch or a black witch. So it goes back to what's moral for one may not be moral for the next.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 pm
Esiris
circlelord13

i dunno it was my witch aunt who told me.... she is dead now.....

So- there's a chance she made it all up and you're not really that sure.
I mean- I know my family was taken as slaves, we've got records that can trace our geneology back like that. sweatdrop Claiming to be related to someone who was killed as part of a witch hunt, but not knowing who that person is, where they were from or anything doesn't do you any good.

Sanguina Cruenta

i suppose there is a small chance.......  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 pm
oOGarrettOo
Ravynne Sidhe
Anyways...I suppose practicing either the LHP and or the RHP solely is silly. Hell it's even stupid. Without one you can't have the other. Which is why I'm looking to mix both in my practices, mirroring something a friend did minus without trying to lose my mind. I think it's already lost though.
Throw the whole concept out and focus more on a balance I suppose. Don't try to put things in categories. Magic is. It's what we do with it that counts really.

But then I've cast some pretty "negative" spells recently, so I don't know *shrug* I wouldn't say I'm practicing the "left hand path" or "black magic" though. I'm a witch. I do with my magic what I want.
I think the classification came about in the 60's when LaVey did come about to differentiate from the rise of Wicca, and the belief of "white witchcraft" as he mentions in his book Satanic Witch.

The classification in of itself is stupid. Which is why in my...pink journal with love written on it (I swear to the Gods themselves that CVS needs to get some plain black journals) to write my observations on it, make notes and find ways to combine the two without too much...panic. And if there is a lot of panic...employ my friends wisdom.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ravynne Sidhe
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ravynne Sidhe
oOGarrettOo
Ravynne Sidhe
It's more accurate to say that Satanic witches practice the left hand path versus black magic.
I wouldn't even say that. Magic really can't be grouped like that. It's a personal thing.
As far as Satanism go, it is considered as the left hand path per both Anton LaVey who wrote the book "The Satanic Witch" which explains exactly what Satanic Witchcraft would be and Diane Vera who runs the Theistic Satanism site, and is apart of the Church of Azazel in New York. While magic is an individual thing, however many Satanic practitioners do practice the left hand path versus the right hand path.
But to say there's a right hand and left hand path one would have to lay down what's right and what's wrong and what's right to one is not always right to another.
Going based off of memory the RHP deals with things like morality, goodness blah blah blah. LHP is more umm...I forget xDDD

That still to me sounds like the agruement between being a white witch or a black witch. So it goes back to what's moral for one may not be moral for the next.
Well the problem with black or white is that magic in of itself does not have a color code. It is all dependent to what you're using it for like any tool out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 pm
Esiris

Same whee  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 pm
circlelord13

And there's an equal chance she was right- but the main point is, if you don't know- what does it really matter? Ok- pretend she made it up, and she picked a person out of the history books and grafted them on to your family tree. Why would it be important to who you are here and now and your spiritual practice?

Or if she was right- same question? You're hundreds of years removed from her, your practice probably doesn't look anything like what hers would have- and if you want to make a big deal out of how witchy she was, are you going to make a huge deal out of other members of your family that weren't as "cool"?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 pm
I don't worry about it. I have my moral code, but pay me enough, and I'll give you a spell for whatever if I approve of it ninja  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 pm
oOGarrettOo
I don't worry about it. I have my moral code, but pay me enough, and I'll give you a spell for whatever if I approve of it ninja

Would you work the spell for them or just create it and let them work it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm
Esiris
oOGarrettOo

Would you work the spell for them or just create it and let them work it?
Depends on what it's for. If I think it's something they could work themselves, I'd do it that way. It puts more weight on them when they see the consequences of what they do. I'm fully aware of the consequences, but I'm not the one who really has to take them into consideration wink

If it's something very particular and fragile and I approve of it, I'll do it myself. Make sure there aren't any mistakes.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ravynne Sidhe
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ravynne Sidhe

Well the problem with black or white is that magic in of itself does not have a color code. It is all dependent to what you're using it for like any tool out there.
I know. I only brought it up because this whole land hand right hand crap to me is the same as calling a person evil because they have slightly different morals than you.

Say like I have a Native American and a Kemetic. To the Native American the Kemetic could be on the left hand path because animal products are taboo and the Native Americans used every single part of the animal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Esiris
circlelord13

And there's an equal chance she was right- but the main point is, if you don't know- what does it really matter? Ok- pretend she made it up, and she picked a person out of the history books and grafted them on to your family tree. Why would it be important to who you are here and now and your spiritual practice?

Or if she was right- same question? You're hundreds of years removed from her, your practice probably doesn't look anything like what hers would have- and if you want to make a big deal out of how witchy she was, are you going to make a huge deal out of other members of your family that weren't as "cool"?
Ha that kinda sounds like my one friend trying to tell me that im the decedent of a Kemetic priestess. That the children of the brother moved to Czechoslovakia and somehow turned themselves completely white and inbred within themselves for several generations before mating with Czechs.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 pm
Esiris
circlelord13

hmm.... this is a lot to think about point is i dont want to fight or argue any more....... i am a witch i (may) have family ties, lets just get on with our pagan lives..... goddess bless  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games