Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:08 am
Alright, I have two rants. And neither one of them relate to religion and spirituality. They're both about people being stupid!

Rant #1: People with medical problems who don't take care of themselves

I'm a part time supervisor at my university's dining hall. I work the evening shift and look after closing. I have a large staff that I get along with very well, and we generally experience few problems. Except for Jane*. She seems to be one of those people who goes out of her way to alientate people that she doesn't like, and as such, she's not very popular. She had a boyfriend, another supervisor with the organization that I work for until roughly a month ago. That was when she had her first diabetic episode.

Now, Jane has been a diabetic for years, and it hasn't generally been a problem. She's monitored her sugar, and taken minute care of herself. After her boyfriend ended the relationship, she stopped. She would show up at work in the evening just to be around people, because she had alienated all of her former friends, and no longer had anyone outside of work she could spend time with. She said she was lonely. Then one day she left because she wasn't feeling well; her blood sugar levels have dropped dramatically, and her mother is amazed that she made the 20 minute drive home by herself without killing someone, because she was barely conscious. She was given some time off to try and get things under control.

Tuesday night I was on the late shift. At approximately 9:50 PM, Jane collapsed. We (there were four of us in total) spent the next 40 minutes trying to get a hold of her family and to revive her; she was very close to slipping into a diabetic coma. After forcing her to drink juice with added sugar, she came around again just as her mother arrived.

What aggrivates me is that this woman (and she's 33!) can't pull herself together after the end of a relationship that lasted perhaps one year at the most. Break ups are hard, but they are no reason to allow your health to deteriorate that you can no longer function at your job. She has had two diabetic episodes in the past month, and they're getting worse. How can she expect someone else to care about her if she can't care about herself?

*Jane is not actually her name, and is being used to protect privacy

Rant 2: Pervs

You meet all sorts of people at university. Being a part of a gamer group, you really meet some pieces of work. Bob** didn't seem that sort when we met him last year. Yes, he was young, needy and self centered, but didn't seem like a bad kid. In small to moderate doses. In September of this year, his on-again-off-again girlfriend that he met the year before during Frosh Week broke up with him for good. He went off the deep end. He was like a leech, and wouldn't let her go. In January, he began his tail spin: Drinking heavily, developed an anxiety disorder that he self diagnosed as maic-depression and was later corrected on by a doctor, violten mood swings and threats of violence against other people, and he bacme a born again, fundy of a Christian who has driven everyoen crazy with his attempts to convert them. The worst new development, however, is that he turned into an outright pervert!

I know of a minimum of three young women he's gotten drunk so he could make out with them and attempt to have sex witht hem. At least three, because stories are only now coming forward. The most surprising story that was brought forward yesterday is that he actually sexually assaulted a young woman. My best friend went with her yesterday afternoon to the RCMP to report the assault, and Bob was picked up between 8 and 9 PM.

Needless to say, shock, horror and disgust have run rampant through our group over the incident. And perhaps the most unfortunate part of all of this is that not one of us can stand up and defintively say that Bob did not do it; we actually have a very difficult time believeing that he didn't!

I mean, why in the name of all the gods do people do this sort of thing? He had an excelelnt upbringing, is from a very well to do family, and he's good looking! There's no reason he should have to stoop to such lows! And to think back now on the amount of time he spent alone with me in my dorm room last year honestly makes my blood run cold.

**Again, Bob is not actually his name.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:08 pm
People suck >.< Allthough count yourself lucky you don't have to deal with a full-blown sexual predator(in his 40's no less) at your school. This guy's been banned from allmsot every single public pagan event.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:35 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
People suck >.< Allthough count yourself lucky you don't have to deal with a full-blown sexual predator(in his 40's no less) at your school. This guy's been banned from allmsot every single public pagan event.
umm thats odd sweatdrop if alason was here(shes my x gf) she'd say "HA HA i laugh at your missury" but that dosnt fit well. i hope you can get him to leave people alone other then that i have this weird cut on my leg. its small but its turning yellow around the edge im not sure what that means any one know? well let me explain how i got the cut, picture this, 4 teens in the woods with a Machette, a can of Axe* and a lighter. useing a flameing machette we were cuting down dead trees to build a raft. and off corse i get cought in the leg with the flameing blade blaugh actulay i told this to my alateen group and all i got to was teh first part "picture this, 4 teens in the woods with a Machette, a can of Axe* and a lighter." oh god they all say in unison rofl

*a flamable type of spray deodernt  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:03 pm
Axe is good for a lot of things, including mock-Mace. XD I'll be using it on my trip, oh yes. [smiles] Good for starting camp-fires, too. Axe, and bandana's, are indespensible.  

Winter Black
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:41 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

Oh, we've had them. They come and go. We also have the weirdo who call the student run helpline to masturbate while on the phone with a made up problem. The difference? I don't have to deal with any of them. scream

But you're right. People do suck some days. Some days more so than others, and those two days over lapped into a very bad time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:02 pm
Winter Black
Axe is good for a lot of things, including mock-Mace. XD I'll be using it on my trip, oh yes. [smiles] Good for starting camp-fires, too. Axe, and bandana's, are indespensible.
yes the only thing Axe isnt good for is makeing you smell nice xd . the best thing i have ever done with a can of Axe is shove a needle down the nossel, plug 4 extesion cords together and to the end of the needel, then go to the end of the extension cords ( a safe 200ft away) and plug the last extension cord into a wall...BIG BOOM mrgreen twisted incase you were wondering i'm a pyro  

MOD66

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:31 pm
Twack
Other than that, I have this weird cut on my leg. It's small, but it's turning yellow around the edge. I'm not sure what that means. Any one know?

You need to go see the doctor. I got a cut like that from jumping over a fence while running from a herd of stampeding cows (true story). If it turns yellow, it's not a good sign. It's probably infected. I had to get a tetanus shot and put this stuff on my cut for like 2 weeks.

Go to the doctor. And good luck with the tetanus shot.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:08 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
Twack
Other than that, I have this weird cut on my leg. It's small, but it's turning yellow around the edge. I'm not sure what that means. Any one know?

You need to go see the doctor. I got a cut like that from jumping over a fence while running from a herd of stampeding cows (true story). If it turns yellow, it's not a good sign. It's probably infected. I had to get a tetanus shot and put this stuff on my cut for like 2 weeks.

Go to the doctor. And good luck with the tetanus shot.
crying  

MOD66

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 am
Twack
Winter Black
yes the only thing Axe isnt good for is makeing you smell nice xd . the best thing i have ever done with a can of Axe is shove a needle down the nossel, plug 4 extesion cords together and to the end of the needel, then go to the end of the extension cords ( a safe 200ft away) and plug the last extension cord into a wall...BIG BOOM mrgreen twisted incase you were wondering i'm a pyro

Pyros are fun, if they don't try and set you on fire. XD As long as you don't commit any crimes, you're cool, in my books. I like fire. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:13 pm
Winter Black
Twack
Winter Black

Pyros are fun, if they don't try and set you on fire. XD As long as you don't commit any crimes, you're cool, in my books. I like fire. <3
i have but never on purpus like the bomb axe can is against the law...but it was awsome twisted  

MOD66

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:23 pm
Being part of a large family sucks. Being part of a large family that traces back to the twelfth century is even worse. The town I grew up in, I was related to at least a third of the residents. I remember a time when I was thirteen, starting high school, seeing a cute guy in my class, getting a bit of a crush on him, and finding out a few weeks later that he was my fourth cousin. Once removed! Not only was I related to him, but a generation older, as well.

And I had to argue with my history teacher a lot when we were talking about the Industrial Revolution. My ridiculous family had done a lot of research, and findings had been published by people unrelated to us, saying that a direct ancestor of mine had been the inventor of the steam engine.

Two Scottish villages are named after my family. And an Australian one, too, I think. I have relatives on every continent! Relatives who are always interfereing, and always know exactly what's going on with everyone else.

And now they've gone and started a website, looking for more relatives. As if it isn't enough to have 250 people at a SMALL family reunion, only inviting members from one province, and having only some people per branch come. There were family trees papering three walls!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:40 pm
phantomkitsune
There were family trees papering three walls!

Holy Hannah! And I thought I came from a large family... I apparently stand corrected, and I sympathise with you, but I also envy you. You have a wealth of family history at your finger tips and I have to go searching for mine. The only one of my relatives I actually know anything about is the name-sake on one side: Brian Boru (Progenator of the O'Brien clan); I actually did a paper on him last semester, and the folklore surrounding him, and that's the only reason I've come to have any sort of understanding about the man. I have no idea where my faily is from, when we came here, whether we actually settled in my province or just made out way here at some point...

To make matters worse, being from a town of historical signifigance ("Birth palce of New Scotland" my a** stare ) being of a small to moderate family with no direct ties to the community can be just as bad; the whole area is incredibly clickish, and either you have the right connections or you're s**t out of luck on things like part time jobs, full time jobs, or even friends.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:58 am
I got dumped one week before my 2 year anniversary. When he dumped me, I cried. I cried a lot. For an hour or two. But then, I felt relieved. I felt liberated now that he dumped me. But we made up, because I love him. But afterwards, I felt disappointed. I don't want to be alone, but being away from him emotionally just felt so good. It's over for good now. I got tired of him telling me constantly how tired he is of my insecurites and me.

He swore up and down that if I moved in with him he would support me, but now he can't even support himself. He's almost 21 years-old, he still lives with his parents, and even though he has a good paying job (he makes over $1,000 a month) and only pays $190/month for his car and insurance, he is broke. I told him this would happen if he wasn't more careful, but he chose to listen to people he knows are bad for him.

I hate that he chose to listen to bad advice when he knew I was right and that what he was doing was making him unhappy.

But I like some else now. I know it's only been a month, but at least he doesn't avoid me like the plague. He walks me to my locker everyday and talks to me more than once a week. I think he likes me. And maybe I'll have something good here.

I love my ex, I really do, but I am not like a dog, I won't stick around if you treat me bad out of unflinching loyalty. I am like a cat, I'll give you unwavering love, but if you treat me bad, I will take it to a point and then leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:56 am
Siofra Da`Halbria
I love my ex, I really do, but I am not like a dog, I won't stick around if you treat me bad out of unflinching loyalty. I am like a cat, I'll give you unwavering love, but if you treat me bad, I will take it to a point and then leave.

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear about your break up, hun, but it's good that you're moving on with your life. I think you'd have found yourself in a very bad situation if you had ended up moving in with him, and you're definately better off now; people who are a drain on you emotionally are simply no good. Good for you for being strong enough to stand up and say no to that!  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:35 am
Actually he dumped me, but I am the one telling our friend Rob I don't want to get back together.  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff