Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:19 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi walked into the classroom with a raised brow at hearing a thick accent and unfamiliar words. A different language? Great! He was learning a ruddy hard subject and the guy could speak different languages whenever he wanted, oh this would be fun. He took a seat and had to hold in a groan as he talked about the Philosopher's Stone and its creation. Dammit, a history lesson on the first day? And now he wanted them to explain what happened? He didn't bloody know, he could barely keep his eyes open in History as it was! When it came to his turn he decided to stick to what he knew. "Ermm....it involved Harry Potter? Oh, and Tobi Fallrein, sir." he responded almost cheekily.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

”Muy bien, muy bien. Very good, Shayna, that’ll be ten point to Ravenclaw.” He nodded happily, a small smile had mused itself upon his lips. Dark, chocolate eyes swam across the room, upon the young faces of the curious and the bored alike. When prompted with the next answer, his eyes skated towards the young boy and a peculiar brow rose to the heights of his forehead at the answer he received. For a moment, Angel didn’t know what to do, but before long, he laughed, long and hearty. ”Yeah, that doesn’t usually seem to sum it up, doesn’t it? A nice effort, Tobi,” he smirked, a soft chuckle was still on his lips as he branched out to the rest of the class.

”Anyone have anything else they’d like to add?”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy (Tuesday - 8:00am to 8:45am)

David headed off to Alchemy one of his many electives he had with Shayna. He was kind of excited for it as he walked down the hall and into the class. Seeing Shayna David took a seat next to her and pulled out his book and note taking stuff. “Good morning.” He said as he sat down. So their professor for the class was the head of Ravenclaw. He sure had a complicated name. ‘Angel that works...’ David thought as the lesson started.

The Philosopher’s Stone was probably the biggest topic when it came to alchemy so far as David knew. It certainly was a well-known stone to the wizarding world. This was something he knew about. Shayna got some house points for Ravenclaw and he was determined to get some points for Gryffindor as well. “From what I know the stone was kept here at the school before it was destroyed.” He explained. “There were spells and enchantments put in place by the professors to protect it.” David finished. “Oh and I’m David Clarisse, Gryffindor.” He added before falling silent again.

With: Alchemy class... Shayna

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:06 pm
User Image
Third Year Slytherin Pureblood Single

User Image

Feeling : Slightly surprised
Thoughts : So, the couple is taking Alchemy, too? Interesting..
Doing : Answering
Where : Alchemy Classroom
With : Third Years; Professor Amorcho

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Serafina slipped inside Alchemy class, curious on what new adventures she’ll receive in the class. As soon as she sat down, her eyes caught a glimpse of two brunettes sitting next to one another. Both looked familiar. She didn’t know who it was since she sat down at the back, only managing to see their backs and hair. When the male one answered, she blinked. David? Then the girl must be…Shayna? She didn’t know that they took Alchemy class…Well, except now, that is. Surprised, the Slytherin managed to be attentive for the question, or should I say topic.

Philosopher’s Stone….my, now this was definitely interesting. ” Serafina Lancaster, Slytherin, “ she said after raising her hand. “The Stone, after retrieved from….from….from the Vault in Gringotts, was placed in a special chamber and, as stated by David, was guarded by seven enchantments and creatures, provided by the professors at Hogwarts: Professor Sprout's web of Devil's Snare; flying keys, charmed by Filius Flitwick; a life-size board of Wizard's Chess, transfigured by Professor McGonagall; Professor Quirrell's mountain troll; Professor Snape's potion riddle; and the Mirror of Erised, placed there by Albus Dumbledore. Hagrid's massive three-headed dog, Fluffy, guarded the trap door through which the chamber lay,

“ After the incident where Harry Potter defeated Quirrell and Lord Voldemort himself, Dumbledore and Flamel discussed it's future, and agreed that it was best to destroy it. Flamel ensured he had enough remaining elixir to set his affairs in order before he and his wife would ultimately die. “
Oh wow, that was a long answer. After hearing it multiple times from his father, Sera was kinda confident that she was right. But then again, that might not be the whole story of the Philisopher's Stone. There are still more secrets that the stone held; much, much more.

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Out Of Cookies:Must. Get. Posts. Done.

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 pm
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke looked up toward the board as he entered and heard the topic of the day. Oh great, a class dedicated to extolling Gryffindor. Sighing, he sat down, his own arms crossed as he listened to the chatter. Of course the name Harry Potter was mentioned. No one seemed intent on mentioning his other friends however, and Luke thought it was a grave injustice. Snorting, he decided to interject, seeing as no one else was going to say what was on his mind. "Obviously there are several facts missing from what everyone has stated, though Snow came the closest to actually mentioning what was missing. Well, and Lancaster too. While Harry Potter, the ruddy git, was responsible for preventing Voldemort from gaining the Philosopher's Stone, he in no way acted alone. He had the help of one Hermione Granger and one Ronald Weasley. They both got him past obstacles that he would have otherwise failed to get past, Weasley with the chess board and Granger with the potion riddle. Also, Granger helped him with the Devil's Snare if I recall correctly. Otherwise, Potter would never have gotten as far as he did, and would have ultimately failed in stopping Voldemort in time. So sadly, their answers were just giving generic information, while you asked for the circumstances regarding its destruction. Oh, I'm Luke Nalson by the way, in no real house I care to name." That being said, he leaned back in his chair, annoyed that evidently everyone ignored the details. Did no one read their books over the summer? Or had the events in the circus distracted them? Snorting again, he waited for someone to respond.

User Image
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:42 am
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

”Yes,” he nodded in response to David’s next statement, and the professor now seemed a bit over enthused the more the students began to speak. This group was a much more livelier bunch than most before it—well—except for that one year. But he tried not to think about that. ”It was stored in the castle, actually, the entrance is below us several floors.” He chuckled and pointed down without missing a beat, and then added. ”Ten points to Gryffindor.” He nodded.

The next student to speak was a Slytherin, and he smiled at the eloquence of the detail. ”Excellent, yes, thank you for that wonderful explanation Miss Lancaster. Ten points to Slytherin.” He was about to add another input, until he’d caught the exasperated sigh of a young boy emblazoned in the colors of red and gold. A coy smile uplifted at his lips as he leaned back on his desk, arms crossed over his chest, and a mirthful humor dancing in dark chocolate eyes. ”A very interesting point, Mister Nalson, and very, very true. Mister Potter would not have gotten as far as he had without the help and love from his friends and family, in any and every trial he face—he was never quite alone. It was what separated him from Voldemort, after all. Yes, yes, cliché as it is, the power of the heart is one too dynamic to comprehend, and is studied heavily in the Department of Mysteries….

“So, Mister Nalson, of no real house you care for—what would you have me do with your ten house points deserving of? Give it to a different house, maybe save it for a different day when you feel the lions are deserving?”
                              Oh yes, Professor Angel was very anxious to see what sort of answer he might receive.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:18 am
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke blinked as the professor affirmed that he was, indeed, correct in his point. He was too used to professors getting annoyed at him for being belligerent in class, and recently, deciding that they'd give him house points for whatever he did in class. Honestly, he was planning on doing something in class to get those points removed. However, Amorocho was giving him the choice about what he wanted to do with the point he'd be awarded. He thought, wondering exactly what he wanted to do with them. "Hold them. If you want to give them to someone more deserving, go ahead. I want nothing to do with them. As it stands, nothing good has ever come from me being in that house, so I don't see why I should gain points for it." Well, if he was going to get into trouble for being honest, fine. He was used to it. Heck, it was almost routine by now.

User Image
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 am

User ImageUser Image

Tobi almost groaned aloud when it seemed that he would be stuck with the same exact people in all his electives until Luke walked in. He sent him a quick grin and made his hand into a mouth while he boringly mouthed "blahblahblah" as the other students talked. He was surprised when his friend made his own little speech about how we were missing the others who helped Harry Potter to rescue the Philosopher's Stone and grudgingly agreed with him. But to be completely honest, it wasn't like he payed attention or cared when they went over that particular history lesson. Now he and the professor were playing cat and mouse with his deserving points. "Well, if you're feeling giving, Hufflepuff wouldn't mind the points." he chuckled. Tobi then stopped for a second to think, the professor mentioned lions but Luke never said which house he was in. There could be only one explanation for this...."Witch! He's a witch! He's reading our minds!" he whispered over to his friend eyes widened comically.

If you're lost and alone
Carry on
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

Quite the look of curiosity had overtaken him just then, but he nodded and smiled all the same. If the boy didn’t want them, then that was all the same for him despite how much he tried not to think that was because of his personal Ravenclaw vendetta (well how the hell was it possible that Slytherin had won twice in a row?) And that’s when Fallrein had cut in—and Angel burst out in a brief fit of laughter and shook his head. ”Alright, alright, settle down, that’ll be enough for today, you’re all dismissed. Tomorrow we’ll begin with our first spell so be sure not to skip this class next week, si?” He laughed again and waved them away with a subtle chuckle hidden under his breath.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Name of the spell: Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today, we will be spell casting.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, in this class, you’ll learn that alchemy is a branch of magic that incorporates all other branches into one; the difference? Alchemical spells, potions, and transmutations are all deviations of spells to achieve enlightenment, but in the end, the main, conclusive difference between alchemy and magic, is the period in which it was born. These spells we’re practicing now have been practiced for hundreds of years and have changed over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore or, for the process of separating iron ore from other minerals, gems, or fossils, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class, to use the pure iron ore in experimentations…

“Now, to begin, we will learn the Corrumpo spell, which, as I explained can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so repeat after me, with a swift wrist, guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much, then thrust the point of the wand at the target. Understand? Now, the incantation is fairly simple. If you’ll repeat after me, cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 pm
User Image
☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

Ⓗᴀʟғ-Ⓑʟᴏᴏᴅ// Ⓡᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ// Ⓣʜɪʀᴅ Ⓨᴇᴀʀ// Ⓡᴇⓢᴇʀᴠᴇ Ⓢᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ// ➊➌ ʏᴇᴀʀⓢ ᴏʟᴅ// Ⓓᴀᴛɪɴɢ Ⓓᴀᴠɪᴅ

User Image

Entering the room, the brunette sat in the same seat as last class and pulled out her notes to copy them. She was rather enjoying herself, even if a certain Gryffindor seemed to be grating on her nerves. But she looked up as the professor began speaking and pulled out her wand just to copy the movements a few times until she was sure she had it right. After a few attempts at perfect symmetry, she happily stopped thinking she had gotten as close to perfect as possible. "Cor um pee oh... Cor-um-pee-oh. Sounds easy enough." She said quietly as she made her syllables more pronounced to make sure she got the right. She didn't want to mess up... Looking at the chain on her desk she retried the wand work until she was happy before trying it on the chain ling."Corrumpo!" She said clearly but a little nervously and as the wand work finished the chain seemed to start to turn brown. She was happy with her work, until it seemed the rust had gone a little too far as holes started to appear in the metal...

(Sorry work was really hectic last week. But i'm starting school on Monday so it should be less hectic)

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 pm

User ImageUser Image

Tobi came into the Alchemy classroom a tad more relaxed than last week, mostly due to the fact that he now knew he could make his professor laugh which was always bonus points. He listened to the lecture and wrote down all that he needed to before looking at the iron chain on his desk. He practiced his wand movement, slowing down his zigzag to ensure that it was straight before he thought he was ready. Tobi did his zigzag, unknowingly allowing the right line to be longer than the lefts and thrust towards one end of the chain saying the word, "Cor-um-PEE-oh." and watched it rust to dust causing him to curse softly. He redid his movements nearly five times before noticing his elongation of his right and last left lines. Finally once he was really and truly sure he was ready he redid his actions before doing a thrust and saying, "Cor-um-PEE-oh." and watching with satisfaction as the iron chain turn to rust but didn't completely disintegrate like last time.

If you're lost and alone
Carry on
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 pm
User Image

David headed off to class surprisingly bright and early and was one of the first to arrive. He had really started taking a liking to the subject and even considered going to the library just to read up on it some more. For once he was acting much like his entire family did with books and it was a real shock when Chloe found out. Taking a seat next to Shayna David smiled at her. “Good morning.” He said with a big bright smile.

Spell casting that would be fun now wouldn’t it? David sure thought so. He was overly happy about the whole thing. Being as attentive as ever which was very unusual for him he took notes. He laughed at the idea of destroying a friends bicycle now that would be a great prank to play. When instructed to take out his wand he did so and began practicing the wand movement. He did it slow to start and then sped up the movement but made sure to keep it consistence and even. “Co-rum-Pee-oh.” He repeated as instructed. That was the easy part as far as he was concerned.

Turning his attention to the chain in front of him David moved his wand in the proper zigzag motion. After a few more wand movements he then prepared himself to try the spell. “Corrumpo.” David said after making one last zigzag wand movement and thrusting it towards the chain. He pronounced it correctly so that was good and he what he thought was a good job on the wand movement. The chain on his desk didn’t show anything different either as it began to rust completely. “Cool.” He said eyes gleaming at what he had just did. Man were his parents going to be proud.

With: Alchemy class... Shayna

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 am
=Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Inveratus Spell
╚══════════════╝

"Welcome back class, today, we will begin with the counter to last class's spell...

"The counter charm: inveratus, essentially does the opposite of your last spell, if you come across iron that’s rusted, this will do the trick to reverse the effects."
Juan stepped forward to demonstrate the wandwork, and the etymology behind the spell and then offered for the students to have a go on the rusted instruments on his desk."The trick, however, is not so much the wandwork (however that is just as important too) but the thing about this spell is to remember that the way it is written is not how it sounds,

"Inveratus, when pronounced correctly, sounds like in-VET-er-a-tus."
He nodded slowly and glanced around the room to assure himself everyone was keeping on track.

”So do be careful, this is rust, I’d advise you all to wear your gloves if you have them, if not, I have a box full right here you can use.”

The board
turn to page 10 in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:39 pm
User Image

David for the first time in his life was enjoying a class longer then the first day other than flying. Taking a seat in Alchemy he couldn't wait to start. Turning his book to page ten he was so excited to learn the counter spell. Now he could really use his spells to trick people... or maybe not.

Copying the professor's wand work, David felt comfortable doing it now the concentration and pronunciation were his next step. 'In-VET-er-a-tus...' he thought as he sounded the spell out in his head. When he was allowed to start David went up to the front to grab a pair of gloves. He didn't think to bring them to Alchemy class.

"In-VET-er-a-tus." David sounded out carefully. "Okay Inveratus." he replied clear and confident as he did the spell he moved his wand appropriately. Just like last class the spell worked eating away the rust until there was pristine again. "I love this class." he said as he decided to practice the spell from last week on the object in front of him before restoring it for a second time.

With: Alchemy class...

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items