Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:36 am
FuzzylilPenguin
So I get to talk to my teacher about the exhcange stuff on Thursday,I am so excited! I cant wait to get sponsers. I think I want to go to Sydney.
To awnser the question on the Red Skins thing, I can only think of Red vines.

So is there any thing particular I should know before going to Australia??

besdies hopefully be over 18, and be nice to the locals and thay'll drink up with ya.... jsut be friendly and if somethng looks dodgy, it usually is.... but your generally safe here.... well in brisbane anyways, i havent been to sydney in over 14 years..... lol  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 am
FuzzylilPenguin
So I get to talk to my teacher about the exhcange stuff on Thursday,I am so excited! I cant wait to get sponsers. I think I want to go to Sydney.

If you're going to Sydney & you need to use public transport, don't bother looking at the timetables. Have a vague idea of the bus/etc you need to catch & just rock up whenever & hope it comes... that was my experience when I went to Syd. I never once looked at a timetable & I was fine blaugh . Not so in Melbourne.  

JewelsSparkle

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:43 pm
JewelsSparkle
FuzzylilPenguin

If you're going to Sydney & you need to use public transport, don't bother looking at the timetables. Have a vague idea of the bus/etc you need to catch & just rock up whenever & hope it comes... that was my experience when I went to Syd. I never once looked at a timetable & I was fine blaugh . Not so in Melbourne.

Alright thanks smile I will rember that!
Another question that really no one has been able to awnser for me, when I go to the family that is hosting me, how will they know its me and will there be children my age at the house I stay at?

* My teacher didnt have a clue and so I thought one of you might know*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:29 am
xd rofl

Why don't you ask them? If you meet them at the airport, don't they hold up a sign with your name on it or something? I'm sure they'll figure something out anyway.

Usually host families do have kids, because the agencies go through schools/universities whatever to find hosts... I guess people with kids are more likely to not mind another kid staying with them as well.  

EmWah
Crew

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:42 am
If you want to be really safe, you could always wear a name tag! blaugh

Hmm... my Aunt has housed Japanese exchange students more than once... I'll see if I can ask her how they knew which one to take home from the airport....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:13 pm
JewelsSparkle thanks that would be awesome, I have another char. greenemptyeyes, so if you see a post from that username its me razz but that would really be helpful, thats the part I am most nervouse about. My teacher also said that an airline person would more than likely stay with me until they picked me up!
Will they be kids my age do you know?  

FuzzylilPenguin

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:35 am
Usually you have to fill out a profile with a photo and your teacher or school sends it to the other school that you usually have to attend and the school then forwards the photo and info to the family. Are there more students other than you coming out?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:52 am
bohemian_wild_child
Usually you have to fill out a profile with a photo and your teacher or school sends it to the other school that you usually have to attend and the school then forwards the photo and info to the family. Are there more students other than you coming out?

Ahh I didnt know that, I know they needed 8 pasprot size photos, but thats all. For now any way after we fill the application out.
No I am the only one, at my school its Seniors only sometimes Juniors but I belive you have to have a 4.0 witch no one does thats a junior. Woot I am a gona be a Senior in 30 days lol we dont have year round school. So I am happy we get break biggrin  

FuzzylilPenguin

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:28 pm
Australia's national ... um ... fruit. What is it? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:45 pm
Countires have national fruits? Or is this an un-official thing?

We have State Flora and Fauna, but I don't think we have officially recognised National Flora or Fauna. If anything, it would probably be Wattle and the Kangaroo.  

WellzY
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:46 am
Yes Wellz, because the wattle, kangaroo and emu are our national emblems. They're on our coat of arms and everything. The kangaroo and emu are there because they can't walk backwards, and the wattle is there because it's pretty awesome... or something...

But fruit? We don't really have any famous fruit of our own. There's a heap of 'bush tucker' fruits that could be farmed, but they've never become popular enough. We're good at farming bananas, except for when all the plantations get destroyed in a cyclone, but they're not native. Our most famous native export would probably be macadamia nuts.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:01 am
Actually, I hear that a lot of companies are starting to buy into the 'bush tucker' market, but sadly by companies that mostly aren't even Australian. neutral

And I'm sorry, but wattle's not that great. We used to have a massive tree in our backyard, and around whenever all the wattle starts falling off, it would completely litter our back-yard, and we'd have wattle pollen everywhere, even in the house. EVERYWHERE! Like blankets of yellow snow!

Heeheehee, yellow snow. whee  

WellzY
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:05 am
They'd suck if you got hay fever. I don't know why it's our emblem... but it is, okay?!

I dunno why they chose the golden wattle. There's like a million other types that are just as good, or prettier.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:08 am
I'm not sure which type we had, it had dark green leaves, which were elongated and branched out from a single stalk.

I have Hayfever, but I don't think the wattle was something I was allergic too.  

WellzY
Crew

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Wattles are classified as a weed in some areas coz they spread heaps. Or something like that. ninja *Shurgs* I may watch some docos but its usually in one ear and out the other. sweatdrop

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff