Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 am
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani raised her hand to answer Professor Price's question. "The Seeker's job is to find and catch the Golden Snitch. Whomever catches the Snitch earns one hundred and fifty points for their side, and ends the game."

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:07 pm
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {at Advanced Flying}
❤ My time on the clock is Friday Block 3 (10am-10:45am)
❤ And I am looking {Ready to fly}

spaceCathy had jogged onto the field and stopped beside Danica and laying her broom down pulled her hair into two pigtails as the professor began class asking about the position of seeker. Finishing her other pigtail she added to what Danica said, "Well like Dani said the catching of the snitch is 150 points and ends the game-150 points and ending a game makes a huge difference on who wins or loses. I mean in longer games you can get 150 points from chasers making goals easy enough but still if your team doesn't get the snitch it means the chasers have to before the end of the game have made sixteen more goals than the other team. That is way easier said than done if the two teams are evenly matched on chaser and keeper skills."

(( OOC))
                                                          Quote:
                                                          Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:17 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon listened to his two students in class. They certainly knew a thing about positions. "Correct Miss Stewart, 5 points to Gryffindor." he said with a smile before turning his attention to Cathy as she added to what Dani said. "That is absolutely true Miss League, 5 points to Hufflepuff as well." he added brightly. "What do you say to giving the position of Seeker a try?" Landon asked with a small smirk.

"Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." Landon said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task as we've mentioned earlier is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

With: my third year class

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

((Outfit in picture))

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

When Professor Price released the Snitch, Dani knew what had to be done. She mounted her broomstick, kicked off and allowed herself to drift gently upward into the air before she started her search for the elusive little golden ball.

Effect Value: 19 (Wow, spotted it on her first try)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:14 pm
User Image
Lives: {❤} {❤} {❤}
Modifiers: (+2 Spotting/Catching)
*Note: 19 to Spot/22 to Catch*

Position: Playing Seeker

Chasing: XX/3
Catching: xx/2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy smiled having gotten points-though she really only built on what Danica said and took to the sky to begin the search noting, Danica already spotted the snitch Cathy noted as she looked. But then again, wasn't Dani Gryffindor's reserve seeker now? She probably had some practice at the position already.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

'Yep, looks like Cathy spotted it too,' Dani thought. 'Now the fun starts.' She brought her mount around in a tailslide, slewing her broomstick around to the left, before turning hard right, and then climbing to chase after the tiny little winged sphere.

Effect Value: 19 (Wow, spotted it on her first try) Status: Pursuit: 1/3

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 pm
User Image

Chasing: 1/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blonde Hufflepuff smiled largely as she too spotted the snitch and she raced after Danica on the chase for the quick golden ball.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:24 am
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

The tiny golden sphere was leading Dani on a merry chase around the pitch, and she determined to close the distance. Adjusting her grip on her broomstick, Dani was practically laying down along the length of her mount, attempting to coax more speed from it by reducing the amount of air her body caused to be dammed up. 'I need to be ready to catch that thing,' she thought. 'Cathy's going to be right on my tail, and if I don't grab it, she will.'

Effect Value: 19 (Wow, spotted it on her first try) Status: Pursuit: 2/3

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am
User Image

Chasing: 2/3

Cathy smiled noting how her friend was so determined to keep the lead. The competition was fun. Cathy knew she'd never have interest being a seeker because the possibility of spending forever alone looking around for a tiny ball seemed boring, but today was just lessons and she had thankfully not had to spend forever looking for the snitch. Maybe it was a lazy snitch or something and wasn't fond of using its energy to hide?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

As fast as she was moving around the pitch, Dani felt as though she were only creeping up on the little Snitch, closing the distance an inch at a time. The tiny winged sphere seemed to dance around, darting one way then another, making it hard to anticipate its movements, almost as though it were a real bird.

Dani was just glad this was only for a class, not in a real game, and not while dodging Bludgers. Though she dared not take her focus away from the tiny ball she was chasing, Dani sensed her friend wasn't far behind her.

Effect Value: 19 (Wow, spotted it on her first try) Status: Pursuit: 3/3

Next turn: Attempt to catch (I need a '20' on the dice)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 pm
User Image

Chasing: 3/3

Just a little more and Cathy knew she could attempt to catch the snitch but she was trailing her friend still so that attempt would only be possible if her friend so happened not to catch the snitch the first time...  
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

No matter how this scrimmage panned out, Dani had fun flying against her friend, but when it got down to it, she had little confidence she was catching the Snitch. Even so, she'd managed to manuever her broomstick close enough to try snatching the little ball out of the air.

Effect Value: 6 Status: Capture: 1/2

(I need a '20' on the dice)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:50 pm
User Image

Chasing: 3/3
Catching: 1/2

Ronna smiled a bit apologetically at her friend as she reached out-it was unlikely she'd have any better luck-but hey it was worth a shot, right?  
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

The Snitch darted as Dani tried to grab it, and stayed comfortably out of reach. She saw Cathy had finally managed to close the distance, but she was having trouble grabbing the little ball too. Dani leaned as far as she could stretch and tried again.

Effect Value: 22 Status: Capture: 2/2

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

In her effort to grab the Golden Snitch, Dani nearly fell from her mount, but she managed not only to stay on her broomstick, she also was rewarded for her persistence. The ball zagged into her hand when it should have zigged, and Danica clutched it like a drowning girl would a rope.

It took a moment before she realized she'd actually managed to grab it, and when it registered she pulled to a hover over the pitch, and held it up so Professor Price could see it himself. "Um .... I got it, Professor." She looked over at Cathy, gave her a grin, and said, "Awesome match, Cathy. You almost had me there."

Effect Value: 22 Status: Capture has been made (Holy cow!)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas