Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 pm
Eve

The tea witch shook her head in frustration. "I'm not going to be able to keep track of the descriptions everyone says, and we're not limited to description alone, so..."

With a cheeky flick of the wrist from the armrest of her chair, a scrapbooking table appeared with multiple cutouts and versions of the symbols which had won the vote.

Quote:
keep saying suggestions if u wan but here's some clipart to use too!!

shibrogane
i hope i can still do this sorta thing!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:10 pm
Tree: masculinity, motherhood, death and rebirth, individuality
Key: freedom, liberation, power (a different hand says NO but: their goals are not yours)

The trinity knot is not listed.

The light in the space brightens, allowing the group to see a whitewashed wall with a door set into it.

Someone--or something--knocks.

Quote:
To make this easier (and also make my graphics-work life easier):
All you got to do is list relative position: for instance, "crown over sword surrounded by stars" would work for the current sigil. Please decide by 6pm PST on the 14th of December, as that is when the thing on the other side of the door will make itself known and you will be expected to cast the sigil!

Quote:
FROM THIS POINT ON, EVERY CHOICE MADE WILL HAVE AN INDELIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE EFFECT UPON THE WORLD YOUR CHARACTERS RETURN TO. SPECIFIC WARNINGS WILL COME AS THEY ARE RELEVANT.

endejes12ter
and u has book
The Sem1blance of Unity
u has knife
quite un1eventful
u has sharpie
chiickad1ee
prol1ixity
blad1e kuroda
u has phone
cib1arium
liz1bot
dae1kie
kolin1a
m1icillia
kitsuneau1ra
iStoleYur1Vamps
Melancholi1es
saedu1sk
u has glowy powerstone

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:30 pm
Eve turns a fresh page in the notebook which had been passed around for sigil design, and writes down:

Quote:
TREE: central aspect of sigil
SEVERAL KEYS: below tree's branches in lieu of flowers or fruit
TRINITY KNOT: form the bow of each key, and the root system of the tree

"There's several possible meanings to the trinity knot, or triquetra," she explains again as she writes. "I learned it as the threefold nature of the 'Goddess': maiden, mother, and crone, or innocence, creation and wisdom. It sounds like a fine symbol to help Sunny with if she's in your wishes during the final step."

Not that she cared for Sunny much personally. She passed the notebook back around for others to use.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:47 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 19/19

When the darkness at the center of Andromache finally dumped Jamie, Shiloh, and Oliver into the void, something told him they'd missed so much. Nothing seemed to make sense, not the door, nor much of anything else. What did ring true, at least, were the faces he saw. Some were familiar and some not, but Jamie found solace in knowing he and his friends wouldn't have to face whatever this was on their own.

Held tight to his chest with both hands was the stone he'd claimed before departing the 80s. It was the size of two fists, glowing faintly between his fingers.

"Eve..." he muttered, hoping he wasn't interrupting her too terribly. She was familiar, she was pack, and he didn't know who else to ask. "What's going on?"

cibarium

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:06 pm
Eve

"Hi, sweetheart," the were-mom smiled at Jamie, gesturing welcomingly for him to come closer as the conversation on sigils continued around them. "We're making a new sigil to repair the tears in the world we created upon breaking the old one. The three symbols we're using this time are trees, keys, and trinity knots." She tilted her head towards the scrapbooking table, where at least one version of each was visible, cut from dark-colored shimmery paper.

"The sigil, from what I understand, is a sort of magical request to the world written in the symbols we've chosen. If you have ideas for how it can be arranged, feel free to write it in the notebook or use the paper symbols."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:18 pm
Shun glanced over at Marcus, shaking his head, "Alive, yes. Though we shall see if we remain that way for long."

The knocking on the door that had just appeared before him had him narrowing his eyes. He wasn't sure how much more time they had left at this point. So he moved over by Eve to see what her suggestion was, squinting as it took him a little while to get the gist of what she was aiming at. At least he hoped he was reading everything correctly.

"That seems good to me. The key and knot seem to integrate nicely into the tree itself."

istoleyurvamps
Cibarium

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:50 pm
"Marcus! Yeah! We're alive..." he said with a small smile. "I wasn't sure, I was... it was pretty stupid of me to grab a ...shade of Jeremiah. I didn't think about the momentum. I'm glad I didn't get Temperance hurt....but I gotta read this out loud really quick alright?"

“Tree: masculinity, motherhood, death and rebirth, individuality
Key: freedom, liberation, power”

He glanced up before adding. “I can’t find the knot anywhere, and they seem to really dislike anything that has anything to do with freedom.” He rubbed his neck. “But… it’s also in a different hand writing. And… well, people went out of their way to make sure the cage was..”

He glanced at Shun for a moment and then back at the book, staring at it hard.

“Completely broken.”

“…and yeah, I do admit tha there is probably more than a little to it, where what we put into it from, here – “ He tapped his chest. “And here” he tapped his head and shrugged. “Will go a long way towards the results. Eve um… tree, I know you get different things with trees like, world tree, and what that means, and I know from uh, Potter more that different kinds of wands, the kind of tree means things, should we talk trees? Should we choose one that’s … Medicinal or for Healing?”

TREE: central aspect of sigil
SEVERAL KEYS: either multiples on the tree like fruit or flowers, or carved in the trunk.
TRINITY KNOT: could be the top of the keys, could be one in the crown/branches of the tree, and one in the roots?? Idk. Throwing thoughts out.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:29 pm
"Yeah," Alexis muttered, "but they're all dead and we ain't, so I'd take anything they wrote down with a grain of salt. I really like the key, though. 's good symbolism."

Ashton, meanwhile, was sitting pretty a bit further away from the group, running a hand obsessively through her hair over and over. There was blood caked through it, and -- she couldn't figure out where the cut was. She couldn't be hurt by this. She couldn't. She was better than this.  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:55 pm
"My vote's on whatever America picks. Girl's got her head on straight."

She shot the girl a wink. In truth, America seemed to be the one with the skill to do it; she ought to have a heavy say over what happened.

In the end, Chel was a follower, not a leader.

lizbot
hi

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:46 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 19/19

The approach was tentative, but Jamie found himself near enough to Eve and the table to see what everyone had accomplished so far. Despite having a hand in magic, and despite being some sort of mythical creature, he had little knowledge of sigils like this. He wasn't sure he could help, but he'd at least offer what moral support he had.

"I don't, um, completely get it," he admitted, "but I'll try. My, um, my first thought is kinda like yours... I like the knot as the roots of the tree. It... makes sense. I-If I think of anything else, I'll let you know." Leaving it at that for now, he took a small step back, just to give others room if they needed it.

Looking down at the glowing stone in his hands, he wondered at its purpose, its significance. The apparitions of the 80s seemed to think it would aid them against whatever the threat had been, but beyond that he was unsure. Jamie only went after it because he felt like he should, but now that he had it, he had no idea what to do with it.

cibarium

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm
America Jones

Sitting at the table, the redhead moved little cutouts around, every once in awhile closing her eyes, then shaking her head and shuffling them again. Glancing at Eve's list and Zac's suggestions, her hands slow and she begins to look more thoughtful than frustrated.

Rarity of rarities, Chel actually causes America to flush a little, even as she grins and answers with an awkwardly pleased, "You've got good taste, hun." It's always a bit strange, but nice, when a compliment is more for her thoughts than her tits. Glancing back down at the table, she closes her eyes again. "I'm trying to picture it, cause it's more than just one meaning, one piece so I'm trying to get the whole of it using An Imagination."

After a few moments, she starts talking to Chel and anyone listening nearby, in a steady stream of words as she feels out her own thoughts, "Life and death seem right for the situation if I'm assuming right that the three who made the first symbol died and took it with them? Trees can grow from bodies like that, grave markers. This would be growing out of their deaths, rooted in their actions, and maybe it's a way to honor what they did and tried to do as well as build off it. We've got our roots in this thing, going back and back and roots are hidden a lot of time, so when I'm picturing this I know they're under my feet, reaching deep, but I can't know the whole of them. Everything coming in threes though, that was in the 60's too, over and over. Gotta have them. Roots, trunk, branches, it's a good tree and it's gonna have a lot of folk's power in it, so it's gonna be big and sturdy right? Motherhood, that's a good sort of strength, so you just know its leaves are gonna be lush, the sort you can stand in under the rain and enjoy the shade in when it's too hot. It's gonna be a nice tree, I think."

Inhaling she could practically smell it. Almost hear it, the rush wind through the leaves, the gentle chiming of... "Keys shining up in its branches, like golden fruits. I guess it's a bit biblical, right? But that just means it strong enough to stay in the world's mind for ages. More than one is nice, really nice. That means there's options, right? Folks do better when they can choose a path to their own sort of power. Choices are freedom, but it's not gonna just fall into hand here, cause they're tied up in those trinity knots. There's a way to grab those keys, they're dangling just out of reach but not so far you can't get them for trying. The thing about knots is, you gotta pull at them the right way. You do it wrong, they just get tighter and stronger, but it you do it right, if you figure them out, they can fall loose in your hand like a dream. So it's a bit like each key's a bit of a puzzle. Power and freedom aren't easy, they don't mean a damn thing if they're easy and no one learns from it, right?"

She opened her eyes, and glanced at Chel, giving her a little grimace, "I went on for a bit, didn't I? But I think however this goes, we'll be able to make it strong, and the right sort of strong. That can grow and get better and if it falls down the road, well, it can be the natural sort, the kind for things that live and grow. They end, but it don't gotta be a bad end."

chiicxkadee
chel gave her a blushy face

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 pm
Rabbit Vaughn

"A bunch of key fruits are good," he said, unblinking eyes glued to the door. Someone was coming. Quicker would be better. "But one tree. And one... knot... thing. In the roots. Too many more and it starts looking like some t-shirt logo your twelve-year-old cousin made for his band that lasted two weeks before the drummer and the singer had a fight over Veronica Vasquez." He took a breath. "Especially if the knot's about Sunny. There's only one of her."

The soft glow of Jamie's rock drew Rabbit's attention, but all he did was glance at it curiously before looking down at the paper symbols on the table.

Smerdle

Scamp

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 pm
Eve

"Dear, did you read my mind?" Eve asked coyly, looking to America with a rare blush. "You explained it all better than I could have. Thank you."

Leila

"God, I love you so much."

The wife was making a significant contribution to this decision.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:03 am
Whatever is on the other side of the door knocks again. The knob jiggles, and then something slaps the door.

There is an odd, quiet, metallic scraping.

Quote:
To make this easier (and also make my graphics-work life easier):
All you got to do is list relative position: for instance, "crown over sword surrounded by stars" would work for the current sigil. Please decide by 6pm PST on the 14th of December, as that is when the thing on the other side of the door will make itself known and you will be expected to cast the sigil!

Quote:
FROM THIS POINT ON, EVERY CHOICE MADE WILL HAVE AN INDELIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE EFFECT UPON THE WORLD YOUR CHARACTERS RETURN TO. SPECIFIC WARNINGS WILL COME AS THEY ARE RELEVANT.

endejester
and u has book
The Semblance of Unity
u has knife
quite uneventful
u has sharpie
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
u has phone
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
iStoleYurVamps
Melancholies
saedusk
u has glowy powerstone

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:41 am
Preacher Maria

She watched the door suspiciously, waiting for it to burst open as everyone else talked. Preacher nearly jumped when something slapped against it. Then, she got up, walked over, and sat - back against the door. Like, s**t, something was going to come through but at least she could try to keep it closed a bit longer.

"Guys, I don't think we got a lotta time, y'know. I vote one tree, stick the ********' knot thinger in the roots, then I dunno make your little key fruits. The tyin' the keys to tha tree usin' the knots is cool but overly cluttered and I feel like it'd be wrong ta have more than one symbol be repeated." She shrugged and squared herself more steadily against the door.

---------------------------------------------

Temperance Clark

Chel pocketed the enchanted coin and, like that, the magic was gone. Temperance listened to people talk, but she never really understood magic (look, she never was a mage - no, healer did not count - in video games for a reason). The door was given an odd look, but she moved near Rabbit, glancing at him.

"You doing okay?" she said softly. There was no real indication he wasn't, but she remembered how he'd been at the fairy ball. Then she spoke again, louder.

"I... am not sure about the repetition. I'm not sure whether keys or knots should be repeated - I agree with one, but not both elements. If Sunny is our focal point." She paused, thinking. "Choices are important, and the freedom to choose. The tree is motherhood, masculinity, both together bearing these choices - the keys. I'm completely here for that. I'm just not sure what to do with the knot." The door got another look. "I think we should probably put it all to vote again, though, before it's too late. Can someone compile a list of the variations people have suggested?"

shibrogane
preacher says stay closed, u
endejester
lizbot
smerdle
cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers