Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ѕσмєωнєяє ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ нαтє
                                                              тнєяє'ѕ α ℓιgнт αнєα∂ тнαт ѕнιиєѕ ιитσ тнιѕ gяανє
                                                              тнαт'ѕ ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ ραιи

spaceMallaidh had dithered a little about joining the newspaper club, truth be told. She felt like it was a bit late for her to be doing so, really. But, August was her best friend, and she was honestly a little ashamed she hadn't ever bothered before. She also knew that she was probably going to be completely insane from NEWTs by the end of the year, and that wouldn't do. No, she needed something to do other than study. Therefore, adding on extracurriculars would probably be helpful. And it wasn't like she wanted to write; she just wanted to edit, which was something she was good at and had been helping August with since... second year? She was pretty sure it was second year. So it shouldn't be too much mental strain. A nice way to relax when taking a break from lessons, rather. She did wonder about herself, that she thought editing counted as relaxing, but there were worse hobbies to have. Entering the room, she gave August a small smile as she took a form, no doubt surprising him with her presence. She'd thought about asking him, but figure she'd rather it be a surprise.

ι αм иσт αfяαι∂, ι ωσи'т вυяи συт ιи тнιѕ ρℓα¢є
                                                              му ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ fα∂є αи∂ ι ωιℓℓ, ι ωιℓℓ
                                                              ιи тнιѕ нσυѕє σи α нιℓℓ тнє ∂єα∂ αяє ℓινιиg ѕтιℓℓ
                                                              тнєιя ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ кιℓℓ αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ
                                                              кєєρ уσυя ¢нιℓ∂яєи ѕαfє ιиѕι∂є, συт σf ρσ¢кєт, συт σf мιи∂
                                                              υитιℓ тнєу ∂яιик тнє ωιиє αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ

Name: Mallaidh O'Hannigan
                                                              Year: 7th
                                                              House: Slytherin
                                                              Any experience: I've been editing your writing for years now
                                                              Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?: I figure I ought to show up for my best friend, also it would give me something to do to distract from worrying about NEWTs.
                                                              Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief? Yes
                                                              This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms? Yes

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:25 pm
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2048-2049
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie was about to listen to Weslyn and excitedly get a peek at the younger's girl burgeoning artistic talent into artistic brilliance when August politely interrupted the two. Annie glanced up to the Editor-in-Chief and nodded as she followed him to a quieter corner. Oh no! Did her comics offend? Did that one poem they published two years ago fall flat? Did she not do her fair share. Was she going to get kicked out for lack of talent? Her mind raced on all kinds of horrid reasons August would ask to speak to her privately, when he bluntly stated his purpose in a question.

Annie stood almost frozen, her wide set blue eyes blinking slowly as she tried to process the question. It was less than 20 words but it seemed a million and all most definitely not in English or Gaelic. She bit her lip, her eyes remained wide, before she slowly half way through seriously listened and considered the proposal (not that kind!) August was making to her.

Taking a deep breath she said, "Honestly, where I want to be after I graduate... it would be more important to pursue this than most of my OWLs. Things like potions generally won't make me a great illustrator or writer or poet." She had dropped potions but the same could be said for many courses. "This is just... wow. I... you thought of everything..." She made an uncomfortable chuckle and tugged a bit on the tip of her ginger hair trying to find the words. "Are you sure?"

Honestly the idea excited Annie quite a bit. It was a lot of responsibility and she didn't know if she had the talent to do the Daily Dragon proud. It was terrifying but exciting. Like a roller coaster but one that didn't make you puke in the end. The kind you wanted to ride again. But, her? Surely he couldn't be totally sure of this. She... why she was just her. Nothing great and nothing to write about.

User Image
                                                              ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                              You're a lively one, for sure
                                                              Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                              Hm, this is a tough one
                                                              But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                              {OoC: }
                                                              addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:07 pm
I got my red dress on tonight
Dancin' in the dark in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big, beauty queen style
High heels off, I'm feelin' alive

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Grყffιᥒdor Sᥱᥴoᥒd YᥱᥲrExρᥱrιmᥱᥒtᥱrEᥣιzᥲ

ꕤ✦❀Ella walked into the club room more than prepared for another year of the newspaper. She had her newly designated journal for jotting down notes, facts, and quotes, her pencil bag filled with enough extra pencils, pens, and highlighters to survive a term paper or three. She spotted part of the club congregating together speaking all secretive while others had split off either filling out their forms or just hanging by themselves which she respected since she mostly did the same thing. When Sparrow wasn't around and suddenly real life turned into something from Disney channel with sparkles and unrealistic aspirations in abundance. She grabbed a form to fill out and to a seat at an empty desk wondering if the typewriters had been touched since last year and if she'd have to personally calibrate her own again. It usually didn't take too long, cause duh magic, but she liked having one especially to herself.

Oh my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above
Are sizzlin' like a snare
Honey I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore

Name: Elaina Lovette
Year: Second
House: Gryffindor
Clubs you're affiliated with or know of: Music and Adventure's Club
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like getting to interview people and make people interested in stuff they otherwise wouldn't be.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:11 am
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fourth Year

▬▬"A potato a day keeps the doctor away"▬▬

Yukon ran into the Daily Dragon, leather coat flapping behind him, and goggles over his eyes. When he got in the room, he pushed his goggles up and began going toward August, but saw he was in a discussion with Annie. He shrugged, he could do other things while waiting. He took a form, for advice this time. He had been wanting to do this for years, wanting to encourage others, tell them options of what they could do. However, it was encouraged to be a fourth year, you needed life experience he guessed. He hoped Eion would be okay if they didn't write all their things together, Eion had gotten better at writing, so had Yukon. Maybe the two could do normal article sand advice articles, they would have an interesting time.

Name: Yukon Knolle
Year: 4th Year
House: Hufflepuff
Any experience: Several years in the club, as well as offering some advice occasionally
Why do you want to be an advice/gossip writer for the Daily Dragon?: it seems like a good idea, something a little different
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: I expect it, yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes!

▬▬"If you throw it hard enough."▬▬

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Wearing:

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Newsroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Applications
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope this wasn't a dumb idea

Eion wasn't sure about this year. For one thing, everyone was getting really serious about exams, even if they were a whole year away. Not only that, but even the newspaper would be different this year. It was going to be Augs' last year, meaning someone else was going to take over, plus the other half of his writing duo was moving to a different task, meaning Eion either had to try and figure out writing on his own, or maybe find a new section to practice at.

Walking in, he waved over at Yukon, noting that Augs looked busy. Maybe later, then. He looked at the forms, hovering for a moment over the application for writer, before moving. No, this year was for something different. Thinking back to his wee first year, he remembered that Jonah gave him a camera to help come up with a new hobby. It was the year for it! Grabbing a photography application, Eion filled it out in his typical messy scrawl (which hadn't improved, no matter what people said), he set it in the correct location, before retreating to stand beside Yukon. "Mornin'. You up for the columns this year? I know you said you wanted to switch up."

Name: Eion Delacroix
                                                                Year: 4
                                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                                Any experience: 3 years at news, a little practice with a camera
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: It's time for a change, plus I think I'm okay at picture taking
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have a camera, but I'm not great at developing yet
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Sure

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

σн, нσω иσω؟
                                                          нαяνєѕт ѕєє∂ѕ ιи ѕυммєя ∂яσωи
                                                          тнє fιяѕт σf мαу σи тнє 'мσяяσω'ѕ ℓιgнт
                                                          уєт gσ∂ѕ σи нιgн вяιиg αи¢ιєит иιgнт
                                                          αυтυми'ѕ fяσѕт αи∂ ωιитєя'ѕ вαℓм
                                                          нανє ¢σмє αи∂ gσиє ωιтн αяι∂ ѕυи

spaceLucia was genuinely beginning to wonder if her entire year had an aversion to joining clubs, since she did not seem to be seeing any other third years in them. It was somewhat odd, but then, part of her reason for joining this particular club was because she thought she could change that. Maybe. Then again, no one really knew her, so it was just as likely that no one would read her articles, or bother to listen to them if they did. Still, it was an effort, and that mattered, right?

spaceWhen asked what clubs she was in, she shrugged, and put all the ones she was planning to join, even if they hadn't had a meeting yet. She had dedicated herself to them, after all, and was going to be a member of each one. So, she might as well include them all. Did that make her look more, or less appealing? It was true that her schedule was pretty tight, but she was good at time-management and didn't tend to stress out. She was very on the ball. It was one of her better traits. Too bad this form didn't have a "tell me about yourself" sort of question under which she could say as much. Then again, this wasn't a job interview.

ωє'ℓℓ ѕιиg тσ тнσѕє ωнσм ωє нσℓ∂ ∂єαя
                                                          σf σя¢нαя∂ тσмвѕ ωнєяє ∂єαтн ℓιєѕ иєαя
                                                          σf вαяяєи єαятн αи∂ σяρнαиє∂ ѕυи
                                                          σf ¢яσρ-уιєℓ∂ѕ ρяσмιѕє∂; ѕтιℓℓ тσ ¢σмє
                                                          ωιℓℓ тнєу ∂αи¢є ωιтн υѕ тнιѕ иιgнт؟
                                                          тнє αиѕωєя ℓιєѕ ωιтн ѕυммєяιѕℓє

Name: Lucia Edgeworth
                                                          Year: Third
                                                          House: Slytherin
                                                          Clubs you're affiliated with or know of: Herbology, Astronomy, Adventurer's Guild, Dueling, Art of the Sword
                                                          Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I am trying to be more social without going too far outside of my comfort zone.
                                                          Also I think that having a new member's perspective on various clubs might make them more appealing to other students, rather than articles and reviews written up by outsiders, or long-time members.
                                                          I would like to help increase overall participation if possible.
                                                          Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                          This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August listened carefully as Annie replied. She seemed...surprised? ”Writer, illustrator and poet?” His polite smile widened at her creative aspirations. Sure August said he was aiming for Supreme Mugwump and maybe Professor of Wizard Law once Professor Evera retired, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have secret fantasies of moonlighting as a novelist as well. If this position would help Annie in her career goals, that was all the better. “Absolutely sure. I’m certain you will make an excellent editor in chief, and if this position is helpful to your career aspirations then so much the better. It’s decided,” he said, very satisfied by this revelation. ” If you have a particular passion for journalism, I’m friends with one of the Inquirers at the Daily Prophet and would be happy to connect you?”

He was uneasy that she seemed to dismiss her NEWT studies, but kept his unease carefully off his face. August understood there were other important things in life. And he had all year to convince Annie that having good grades in her back pocket never hurt. His brain was already jumping to a mentoring state-of-mind, wondering which subjects Annie had taken and would be continuing further. “I presume you took and are continuing Art, how about History and Mythology? Were you in Muggle--ah, forgive me, we can discuss studies in detail after the editor meeting—will Friday evenings after the general meeting work?”

August glanced over at the people who had come in since they started talking and was surprised to see Mallaidh there, greeting him with a small smile. This was the Daily Dragon, not Language club, right? Well, Malliadh was a frequent editor for his creative writing -- a question for later. Instead, August took note of the two fourth years who had entered. As far as he knew now, they were both budding writers, but they certainly lived up to the Daily Dragon Rising Star Duo moniker-- no, best not get ahead of himself. He’d speak with Annie properly later.

setting Daily Dragon First meeting, September 2049 || with Daily Dragon staff, and off with Annie right now.
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black
status Managing Editor Secured

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before

"Are We Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:38 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2048-2049

Annie blushed when August asked about her admission of her career dreams. She could only nod in agreement when he stated his sureness and confidence in her talents. Her head began to spin (in the good way), especially when he offered to help set her up professionally with a friend at the Daily Prophet. "That... that would be really fantastic. It isn't likely no matter how good I am or am not that I can publish a book or sign on as a writer's illustrator right out of Hogwarts. You got to pay rent somehow and I don't want to be a burden on my Mum and stepdad. Besides not a lot of connections in the magical publishing community with them."

She smiled as he started to inquire about her course work, "You are pretty much on target. I took classes that inspired me as an artist and the practical classes that I had a knack at. Like Charms. But, yes, we should discuss all that later. Friday evenings will work very well for me." It wasn't like she had a long line of dates to juggle.

Annie turned to the rest of the staff and took a deep breath. She was to be the Chief in charge. It was up to her to continue to lead the Paper into respectability. She was lucky to have a good group to help her. And she supposed in many ways next year's work would be a resume project of sorts to show even. She hadn't considered this at all, but now that it was given along with August's faith, she was excited. As long as the others half trusted her at least and didn't hate her she was sure she'd be fine.

User Image

Hm, this is a tough one

Hufflepuff!
                                                              {OoC: No worry about the delay, sorry for my delay too.}
                                                              addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:20 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

“Good. His name is Ferdie Delacroix. He was the Editor in Chief before Jonah Lane.” August was happy Annie was so eager, and made note of this-- she could use this passion to build her confidence over the year.

No matter how good I am or at not… Annie expressed exactly how he felt about...well, not just writing, but everything. He was always unsure if he had what it took to accomplish the next hurdle; August was terrified of failure, and the responsibilities and recognition made it both better and worse. Ferdie and Jeremey were his sanity checks then. He resolved to be that voice of reason and encouragement for Annie this year. “Very practical thinking, good,” he agreed. “Well, however good or not we are, we can only get better with constant diligence. I look forward to working with you.”

He glanced over the sheets and was surprised to find that Yukon and Eion had deviated from their usual writing roles. Hm! An advice columnist and photographer. He was certainly surprised by these changes, but would confirm where Yukon and Eion were coming from later. But as it was...he had already considered them a possible candidate for future editorship. Perhaps this was even better. Who better to follow a writer-artist than a writer-photographer duo?

setting Daily Dragon First meeting, September 2049 || with Daily Dragon staff.
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black
status Managing Editor Secured

Ferdie is Kung’s, and if Annie/ you want to follow this lead you can assume Auggie has a letter of introduction for them.

Other possible publishing connections that Auggie doesn’t have but I figured Annie could chase? Lyre Masters (Gryffie) at Whizz Hard Books in Diagon Alley; her son Austen Masters is in first year this year (Mia) Conner Overton a writer for the Daily Prophet (Gryffie).

mc2

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before

"Are We Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 pm
xxxxxxxxx✵ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ✵ The Daily Dragon Managing Editor ✵ Art Club Member ✵ Muggleborn Witch ✵ girlfriend of Canaan Grey ✵

Annie was nervous to imagine that despite the help she would have, she would be the final say. Though she did have a gift for the Daily Dragon: two mechanical typewriters which she figured might be useful. It was her Stepfather's idea, and a good one. If she botched the publishing of the school newspaper this year at least she left a legacy to the next year to press forward. And yet, despite being so focused on this year, she hadn't yet set plans on who would lead after her. Eion Delacroix? Yukon Knolle? Someone else?

She took a deep breath and lay out the welcoming paperwork standing behind the table holding them as well as having a plate of brownies and a plate of cookies from the house elves. It was hard to hold your head high as a Hufflepuff if you didn't visit the kitchens at least once while at Hogwarts, Annie felt.

She hoped things went smoothly and she would spend this welcoming period to cement her idea on who to pass on the Daily Dragon for the future. She wanted August's choice not to be one that looked bad on him. As the first began to come in Annie called out, "Hi, I'm Annie and the Managing Editor. I want everyone to feel welcome and if you could be sure to take a form and fill one out as appropriate! If something doesn't quite fit feel free to let me know, it'd be a great help to me."

Writers:
                                                          [b]Name:[/b] [url=xx](name of student and link to profile)[/url]
                                                          [b]Year:[/b] (year)
                                                          [b]House:[/b] (house)
                                                          [b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
                                                          [b]Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                          [b]Do you have a preferred section?: [/b] (e.g. news, features, advice, gossip, quidditch, announcements)
                                                          [b]Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of:[/b] (list any clubs your student is involved in)
                                                          [b]Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Photographers:
                                                          [b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
                                                          [b]Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                          [b]Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Artist(s):
                                                          [b]Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                          [b]Please produce an example of your work[/b] (find a comic strip or actually draw something...or describe a drawing)

Editor:
                                                          [b]Year:[/b] (must be fourth year and above)
                                                          [b]Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                          [b]Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief?[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms?[/b] (yes or no)

User Image

Hm, this is a tough one

Hufflepuff!
                                                          {OoC: }
                                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Club Mates
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon Intro Meeting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I have to be able to do this

Eion walked into the news room, a small frown settled on his face. This would be the first year without Auggie there to help, and he was nervous he'd utterly fail without him. Luckily, he'd still have Yukon, the other half of the so-called "Rising Star Duo". Neither of them worked in the same section though, so it felt... different. Maybe he should get back to his roots and opt for writing this year... or maybe he should stick to photography because it was easier than trying to edit his writing several times into something legible. He looked over at Annie as she introduced herself. It was... very weird. Looking at the forms, Eion grabbed the one for writer, determined to be good, no matter what it cost him.

Name: Eion Delacroix
                                                                Year: Fifth
                                                                Any experience: Three years as a writer for DD, one as a photographer. Practice with a professional journalist
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I want to get better at writing/self-editing, along with working to prove to myself that I can be really good.
                                                                Do you have a preferred section?: News or Features
                                                                Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: This one?
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes, of course
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I can do it

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Captain Annie - Other Students
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon News
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is so cool!

As soon as Jordan discovered the school had a newspaper, he was stoked to join. It took a bit of wandering to find the room, but once he did, the first year was amazed. Everything was so cool! Admittedly, he thought the news room at his mum's job was cooler, but maybe because the school was super low-tech. Blue eyes looked up curiously when an older girl spoke up. She said her name was Annie and she was the managing editor. Probably the person in charge, then. She also said there were forms to fill out, so he hurried to look them over. Aha! Photographer! Perfect! He was going to be the best photographer the school ever saw!

Name: Jörmungandr "Jordan" Dunforth
                                                                Year: First
                                                                Any experience: lots of practice with my mor, who is a photographer professionally
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I already love photography, and it would be a great way to learn my way around the school
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: yes, though my camera is on the fritz. Maybe because of magic?
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Absolutely!

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ғʟᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ 'ᴇᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ
          I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴜɪsᴇᴅ, I ᴀᴍ ᴡʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ
          Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ I ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ! I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:38 pm
I know I ******** up, I'm just a loser
Shouldn't be with ya, guess I'm a quitter
While you're out there drinkin', I'm just here thinkin'
'Bout where I should've been
I've been lonely, mm, ah, yeah

Grყffιᥒdor Thιrd YᥱᥲrExρᥱrιmᥱᥒtᥱrEᥣιzᥲ

ꕤ✦❀Ella walked into the by now familiar club room with ideas already buzzing in her mind over potential articles. She'd heard some gossip from the older Gryffindor girls and of course her usual well of info from Cella gives her from her love of gossip. She didn't understand how her friend could stand it but she would happily reap the benefits. As she filled out her form, she listened to Annie make her welcome thinking it would be interesting having the older girl as their managing editor as well as grabbing a brownie because who didn't like brownies? Vegans maybe. God, how sad a vegan brownie must be.[color#00A877]"Typi

Name: Elaina Lovette
House: Gryffindor
Any experience: Two years as a writer, a lifetime of curiosity
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like asking the right and wrong questions and still getting answers. I especially like getting into the know of things and then informing others.
Do you have a preferred section?: News, features, or announcements
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Music and Adventure's Club

Water pouring down from the ceilin'
I knew this would happen, still hard to believe it
Maybe I'm dramatic, I don't wanna seem it
I don't wanna panic

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:51 pm
Tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me
You don't get me

Hufflepuff Fιfth Yeαr PrefectPurebloodLucч

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim hadn't really ever considered joining the newspaper in any way the past few years at the school since she'd never really had any interest in it besides reading it. But during the summer, her cousin had spotted some of the comics she drew for fun in her room and made a comment on putting them out where others could see them making her laugh at the joke. When she realized it was in fact not a joke she freaked out thinking no one would have any interest in her art. Which was, a bit of a point of contention she'd admit; how was she to make a career with her art if she was too afraid of showing it? Class and art club was one thing but showing it to a general populace was a whole other beast. So she thought she'd start off small and joining the newspaper was pretty much as good as it gets, to her at least. She grabbed a form and a cookie and munched on it as she filled it out and listened to the welcome. [color#CBA135]"Typi

Name: Nasim Findlay-Abrams
                                                      Year: Fifth
                                                      Any experience: Does art club count? If so, four years; if not, then none.
                                                      Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I want to learn to stop being afraid of showcasing my art and figured this was a good stepping stone. Plus I regularly read the paper and I want to contribute to the art already there.
                                                      Please produce an example of your work https://i.imgur.com/d6gqKNF.jpg

You say you've seen the seven wonders
And you bird is green
But you can't see me
You can't see me

Quote:

User Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:58 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

Weslyn was, for once, excited to get to the Daily Dragon--Sure Weslyn basically only drew water creatures and backgrounds with any sort of proficiency and most of her comic ideas involved underwater stick creatures, but the Daily Dragon was another time she could learn from Annie, and it was nice being in the club with Yukon.

As she turned in her form, Wes smiled at Annie. ”You’re Editor-in-Chief now because August graduated, right?” She flushed as she said it--that just made it worse she was correcting her then! August was always going on about Annie breathing new life into the paper’s design, and Weslyn was just happy to see her artist inspiration getting due credit. ”S-sorry! I did want to show you something though-- not for the paper, sorry!--Yukon got me an art book over the summer and I just did sketches based off some of them! I-I’ll show you tomorrow during Art actually!”

Or maybe not! I doubt she wants to see my poor attempts!”
Wes was ready to retreat-- before even taking a brownie!--and work on silly comic ideas that probably had to be redrawn before publication. ”Anyways! I’ll...be there! Let me know if I can help with anything!”

Name: Weslyn Knolle
Any experience: The last two years in the Daily Dragon + 2 years in art club
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I really like learning to draw from Annie and Yukon likes the paper.
Please produce an example of your work A detailed potato sketch with cartoon, turtle-like limbs sticking out: “It’s a tur-tato”
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I think so smile

setting Daily Dragon || with The new newspaper staff.
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing blue overall dress + octopus knit hat
status One more year to learn from Annie!

//OOC: This is a link to the post in Flourish and Blotts where she finds the art book and thinks about the Daily Dragon things. I tried reiterating things but wanted to include it in case there’s something I should edit! Just let me know!
mc2

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff