Whats your God and Goddess? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:07 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
You may want to be careful though. Apollo and Artemis don't make a good combination, or so hear.

Really? In ancient Greece, they were frequently associated, and there are even temples honoring them together. Though I guess it's conceivable that they wouldn't get along all the time. They are siblings, after all. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:52 am
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
You may want to be careful though. Apollo and Artemis don't make a good combination, or so hear.

Really? In ancient Greece, they were frequently associated, and there are even temples honoring them together. Though I guess it's conceivable that they wouldn't get along all the time. They are siblings, after all. xp

While they were brother and sister, they were polar opposites and not just in that one ruled the sun and the other the moon. Artemis was the virgin huntress and Apollo was a man whore with a preference for nymphs (who consequently made up most of Aretmis's train). There was some definate tensions and resentment between the sibs because of it.
wink  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:59 am
Plus yo've got some nice sibling rivalry.

Artemis - I'm older than you! Nyah!
Apollo - By like five minutes! And all you did in that time was make a vow never to have sex!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:42 am
Alianna?

I don't know if she's a Wiccan Goddess but I know she's the one who I follow.  

gwinivere

6,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Feryal Riska

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:31 pm
I was raised as an Asatru, so I generally worship the Norse Pantheon. I favor Thor and Freya, and I usually wear a little Mljinor (pardon my spelling, I don't quite it have it down, and it's been a while) charm on my necklace.
I do admit though, even though I was raised an Asatru, I know very little compared to what others do who study religions. I mostly follow what my dad knows, like when we bless the house as we move in with our sword, and things like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:59 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Plus yo've got some nice sibling rivalry.

Artemis - I'm older than you! Nyah!
Apollo - By like five minutes! And all you did in that time was make a vow never to have sex!
that is just awsome, im soo adding that to my sig!  

MOD66

least_known_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 pm
My patron goddess is Athena. But I normally just call them God and Goddess...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:08 pm
gwinivere
Alianna?

I don't know if she's a Wiccan Goddess but I know she's the one who I follow.

Has anyone ever heard of her?  

gwinivere

6,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Kansas Kandi
I know for Wicca, most people chose their God and Goddess, like Athena and Apollo. So, I wanna know what your God and Goddess is. *Note: Mainly because I still have yet to find mine, I wanna look into some of the more popular ones. xD*

I have little to no clue about Wicca, but I have Aspects, that represent different forces and elements of the universe.

I offer my strongest respects to the Lunar Aspect (Currently unnamed for me), The Wind Aspect (no name currently), The Star Aspect (Radiant Energy basically, my name for it is Brimstar), and the Aspects of Compassion, Beauty, and Intelligence all unnamed.

I'm a little fond of the Aspect of Misdirection, but I try not to emulate it too much.

I have a strong dislike for the Aspect of Ignorance, obviously.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:39 pm
Jung! Jung knows the Path through the Archetypes! Listen to Jung to find the Way!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Aqutalion

Interesting Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:16 am
I guess I'm sort of a Pantheist. I see the universe itself as "god". Being a science geek, when I first started as a pagan and was reading about the God and Goddess, the duality between them struck me as the duality between matter and energy. So that somehow morphed into the Lady of Stars and Lord of the Void.

I don't do much work with pantheons, but when I do, I'm drawn to gods associated with stars or science. I keep changing my mind on whether I believe the gods from pantheons are seperate entities or different aspects of the same entity. The opinion right now is that there is the Lady and Lord (although I usually see them as different aspects of a single entity), with the pantheons' gods as their middlemen, sort of like the Gnostics' Aeons or the Catholics' angel heirarchies. That may (will) change at any time, though.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff