Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

vailendeathmage

6,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm
my friends say i do it to make them look bad to get attention to be all dramatic and crap but i jest want t show that i hate colors i ike black so that is what i wear it is as simple as that how hard is that to understand right?????  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 pm
Nyed
why lie?
We dye our hair, buy expensive clothing and paint our faces in bizzar ways becuse inside we are all SCREAMING for attention.
The attention of the morons who tell us "You only do that for attention"
Well we got it, whos the stupied one here?
you or me?
twisted

I dont see the sence in the ppl who spend that kind of money just to say they are goth or what not. Clothing to me really doesnt matter. I dont really dress in bright colors no....but i dont try to drench myself in black and buy expensive clothing to be a goth. Thats not what the term is about. It means free expression, and to pretty much be yourself, and not care what other think. clothing shouldnt mean anything about who u are.  

Redwing~Shadow

[Ninja_Of_The_Thirteen]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:54 pm
everyone including my friends say im depressed for attention or dress for attention no matter wut it is. what about preps do you guys think they dress like that for attention? i do scream emo sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:41 am
...yeah it makes people atention confused
I wear prepy(white shirt and jeans) clothes with gothic jewerly because of my grandma ... sweatdrop

But I love wearing 100% gothic in my school!

whee That's sooooooo cool....yah freedom

It makes people attention but It doesn't bother me! ~_^
It's my own style and I don't care what people think of me ...(i mean that I want to be unique)  

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100

Paine218

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:16 am
i do look "gothy" and it doesn't bother me in the least......but it annoys me when people confuse with a stoner stressed ........  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:45 pm
People still say this to me... and I'm in COLLEGE... Even tho I toned down since I was in High School... But I still dress like and individual... Which either scares people or grabs their attention and sometimes... Make then envy me... Cuz they don't have the balls to wear it... But most people don't dress this for attention... Most of the people in my high school dress that way because they hate the principal... Cuz she's a f***ing holy roller... against all that is goth/punk/unique...  

ToxicKiss666

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 am
ToxicKiss666
Most of the people in my high school dress that way because they hate the principal... Cuz she's a f***ing holy roller... against all that is goth/punk/unique...

Ours was a little like that, but she was more of an eye roller than anything. She did make me take off my grim reaper costume one Halloween. (Wasn't even wearing the hood up. rolleyes ) I was bummed but not enough to push the issue. Of course, I'm a little bit guilty of brown nosing her to some degree. But it was only because I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't a trouble maker. (Cuts back on false accusations.) Nothing too extreme, just stuff like smiling at her in the hallway and saying hello and starting conversations every once and awhile.

Of course I do that to everyone who acts like they're a bit afraid of me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 am
People tell me that all the time (especially my dad) and the only reason why it bugs me is that there are times when I really do dress for that reason, and its very obnoxious when I do. Normally, I hate the attention I generate, but I'm not going to change my style over that mrgreen  

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Sanddru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:02 am
No one has ever said that to me

I have never met anyone who had a problem with how I look actually

I dress the way I do because I like it ^^ it looks good IMO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

I've heard my brother-in-law say that too me. I just ignore it. I wear black because I like it. 3nodding  

Ms Dahl

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:10 pm
To be honest, I have to agree with the teacher, alot of people dress that way to be daring and to shock, you can be just as goth, dressing in normal clothes, like boots, blue jeans a t-shirt, and black band T or black shirt.

That doesn't mean never dress up, thats pert of goth is dressing up, but just don't do it all the time, tone it down when in school. Its just mainly about common sense really. Dress appropriatley for the situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:09 pm
damn..i hate people who just right out assume that i dress the way i do for attention.i dress this way to show grief, rage and pain all at once...it's a warning as well..that i don't want to be bothered by some jackass who wouldnt know emo or fake if one of the two came up and bit them on the a**..ive been a goth for quite a long time now...happened when i was about six...animals are pretty much the only ones who ever understand me... thats why it's more difficult for me to see my pets de..well, Syd died in my lap..i was in the first grade and he died in my lap...he was only two... since then..ive only been hollowed out by pain, stress, anger and sorrow  

one_shadow_of_many

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:27 am
black_fires_within
damn..i hate people who just right out assume that i dress the way i do for attention.i dress this way to show grief, rage and pain all at once...it's a warning as well..that i don't want to be bothered by some jackass who wouldnt know emo or fake if one of the two came up and bit them on the a**..ive been a goth for quite a long time now...happened when i was about six...animals are pretty much the only ones who ever understand me... thats why it's more difficult for me to see my pets de..well, Syd died in my lap..i was in the first grade and he died in my lap...he was only two... since then..ive only been hollowed out by pain, stress, anger and sorrow

But yet your only freedom and outlet for this pain and suffering is to dress as you do? As opposed to something more constructive? Like writting, art, martial arts even video games? If people antoganise you for how you dress, and if how you dress is a warning. It means people know they are getting to you, where as if you tone it down, its more of a shock and has alot more impact when smash someones face into the ground.

Also, wheres the dress for comfort and convienance option on the poll?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:58 am
Yeah I get that a lot too... but mostly from my extended family. My aunt made a comment once on my heavy black eyeliner, my uncle always asks me where the leash is.

It's annoying, yes, but I just answer bluntly and honestly.

I tell me aunt I like my black "s**t on my eyes" and I tell my uncle the leash is upstairs under the bed.

It usually shuts them up pretty quickly...

And you know, dressing this way has kept me safe (or at least
I like to think that), I've never been mugged, or nothing! HAHA  

Rozko

snailb

Aged Garbage

25,925 Points
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:08 pm
I dress this way because I never wanted to be like everyone else.
I don't want to follow all of those gay trends.
Everyone in my school does it. Skin tight shirts and mini skirts that show your a**.
Why are'nt I following it?
Because I am me.
I will always be me.
Just leave me be.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items