Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 am
I am glad you liked the post. I will put on the hyperspace page.

It does have some good info on the SW universe as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:11 am
that it certainly does, though it fails to account for the advance in technology present in ROTS. Ince it hhasent been updated in over a year, I doubt that info will be forthcoming.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:36 pm
Okay, the ultimate question.

Which weapon is the most adaptable weapon? Such trials as in, quickest to use, easiest to use, able to switch from stungun to anti-tank the best, etc...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:41 pm
that depends. for me its either the E-11 because, well, its THE E-11. the gun is legendary; or the DC-17 because its designed to be a quick swap all in one combat unit.
Personally I think the question is a bit vague.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:00 pm
Check the ground combat page.

He is in the process of updating it at the moment, it actually has an RotS revelations page.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:06 pm
nifty.
Now going back to ROTS, the one man scout walkers they show are an interesting breed of battle machine. You can see the obvious upgrade to the AT-ST and also you can also see where gladiator walkers came from.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:09 am
I think that the GAR has some issues with armor and cover. Their tactics rely heavily on charging out into the open, they have an opentopped walker to move their troops, and their scout walkers are sniper bait. Their incompetence is appalling, well, on the ground anyway. Its like the frackin crimean war, horribly incompetant militaries (french, turkish, and british) narrowly win a victory through enemy incompetence unmatched in the history of warfare (imperial russian army)! Only this time its the GAR vs the CIS and the same man is running both sides! AAAAAAGH! CAN'T SW HAVE ONE HALFWAY INTELLIGENT ARMY!? HITLER WAS A BETTER TACTICIAN AND MILITARY STRATEGIST THEN THESE PEOPLE!!!! THE ONLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE (all imperials by the way) GET KILLED BY FREAK ACCIDENTS, BETRAYALS, and HORRIBLE UNFORTUNATE COINCEDENCES!!!!!!

scream scream scream scream evil evil evil evil evil evil  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 am
AND LET US NOT FORGET THE IDIOCY OF NOT PUTTING ANY G**D***TURRETS ON THE AT-AT! OR THE MIND BOGGLING LUDICROUSNOUS OF PUTTING A F******* BRIDGE OUT IN THE OPEN ON THE TOP OF A ISD WITH NO ARMOR OTHER THAN A PIECE OF S*** WINDOW, THE STUPIDITY OF WHICH IS ONLY SURPASSED BY PUTTING THE ONLY SHIELD GENERATORS THAT PROTECT THE BRIDGE IN A COMPLETLY EXPOSED POSITION RIGHT ABOVE THE SAID BRIDGE WITH NO DEFENSES WHAT SO EVER!!!!!
ALL THOSE IDIOTIC KDY ENGINEERS SHOULD BE THROWN OUT AN AIRLOCK!
THE NEW MOTTO FOR THE IMPERIAL NAVY:-Executions will continue until designs improve.

I am going to start a campaign to make stupidity (except that caused by diseases, defects, or handicaps) a capital offense!  

Darth_Ravage

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:24 am
alas, the arrogance and economy cuts made by the empire prove to be its downfall...

but then again, some things ahve a reason to be that way. Though the ATAT is vastly inferior compare to its predecessor, the AT-TE..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:31 am
NO ITS NOT!!! THE AT-AT IS A GREAT DESIGN EXCEPT FOR THE ONE GIGANTIC FLAW MENTIONED ABOVE! THE AT-TE has 6 legs (makes it more likely to break down) as opposed to the AT-AT's four and its armor is so weak a single anti-tank rocket can destroy it. AT-AT's can survive directional nuclear missiles unless they hit one particular spot on its neck, which is a blind spot. Here are pictures of the best walkers I have ever seen:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Darth_Ravage

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:34 am
AND HERE ARE SOME DECENTLY DESIGNED TANKS!! NOT THE PIECE OF S*** THINGS SCI-FI WRITERS PRODUCE TO BE BLOWN UP BY THE HUNDREDS BY WALKERS AND (dare I say that hated word) MECHS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:36 am
Now I wouldn't say vastly inferior. The TE from what I remember, was a mining device pressed into service to act as an armored attack transport. It can't move as fast over open ground as an AT and has nowhere near the armor. the weapons on the AT are also more powerful than the TE's toys, save perhaps for its rail gun weapon. also, since lasers are line of sight, the height of the AT gives it a commanding weapon range. it also happens to have suprising maneuverabiliti as seen in ESB when a walker pivots to shoot a snowspeeder out of the sky.
and if you wish to argue that the TE is infact faster than the AT, we must remember that the circumstances were not in favor of the AT's top speed on Hoth.
AT's have rather high ground pressure, and the fact they were crossing an Ice Field meant they had to take their time crossing it or risk breaking through the field and loosing a walker.
On Genosis the TE didn't have that problem, having a firm rocky surface to maneuver on.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:37 am
And here is what the standard Imperial capital ship should look like.

No exposed bridge towers there.
Or how about this
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:37 am
what the hell is wrong with Mechs?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:39 am
That argument aken off of SD.Net? I think I read something similer on the portion dedicated to Imperial Ground Combat Technology

Mechs are horribly unrealistic, ergonomically impractical, and extremely overused by sci-fi writers.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff