vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince Red

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:20 pm
m a r l o w
I don't believe in "Vampires". People are always trying to "Goth" themselves out, or trying to be "something less human"-- whethers its a witch or a vamp or a lycan. I feel bad for the Vamps/Sang out there who really are true to their sub-culture, while 4384974874 billion wannabe goth kids are trying to be "Vampy" because its oh so goth.

Sorry, I just had to say this. Its so true, and there has only already been at least 8 other "vampires ARE SO COOOLL!!111", "LESTAT IS SSOOO COOL!!11" or "I'M A VAMPIREE!" threads. I hate it even more when kids pull off info on the real vampirism cults, and dump their new found info about "Sangs", "Psi's" and "courts" on vamp threads trying to make themelves sound like they're fully knowledgeable about vampirism.

This is just my opinion, and I'm fully ready for someone to spaz at me.
You can say the same about anything. Hell half the commertialized psychics are complete frauds more of a mix of witchcraft and guesswork than truely psychic. That and the act that these sub groups who are fakes try to be something they are not but really are nothing more than glamorized fakes. There are many real ones though. As is for any group.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:45 pm
Prince Red
m a r l o w
I don't believe in "Vampires". People are always trying to "Goth" themselves out, or trying to be "something less human"-- whethers its a witch or a vamp or a lycan. I feel bad for the Vamps/Sang out there who really are true to their sub-culture, while 4384974874 billion wannabe goth kids are trying to be "Vampy" because its oh so goth.

Sorry, I just had to say this. Its so true, and there has only already been at least 8 other "vampires ARE SO COOOLL!!111", "LESTAT IS SSOOO COOL!!11" or "I'M A VAMPIREE!" threads. I hate it even more when kids pull off info on the real vampirism cults, and dump their new found info about "Sangs", "Psi's" and "courts" on vamp threads trying to make themelves sound like they're fully knowledgeable about vampirism.

You can say the same about anything. Hell half the commertialized psychics are complete frauds more of a mix of witchcraft and guesswork than truely psychic. That and the act that these sub groups who are fakes try to be something they are not but really are nothing more than glamorized fakes. There are many real ones though. As is for any group.
But if you know anything about their true ways and culture or some of the inportant living ones I would be more apt to believe you have true knowledge of their group.

As for these false beliefs like no reflection garlic steaking healing and other things. The media makes anything that is not "human" exzadurated in every way possible. Over time these exadurations grow tremendiousely. In the origional dracula dracula made many illusions could transform into a wolf not a bat and one vampire concidered good drank only rats blood. As it got revised more crap got changed added and the legends were altered eventually into what we have today. As far as my kind the psychic ability of precognition is nearly impossible to controll resulting in visions in dreams and dejavu. And likewise kenesis is the movement of energy not objects. Again the media dramatized this. The sheer power it would truely take to lift a piece of paper with your mind is obcene if not impossible. And bending spoons is a parlor trick magicians learn. Both are rather patheticly weak and would appear to be merely human. However this is not to say they do not exist. But on this world they are pathetically weak just like everyone else. In some branches of true psychic abilitys the different plains of existance change thes facts. The motion of energy is far more useful and mind truely prevails over matter. Possibly these myths came from these alternate plains of existance. Many on them claim to be many things exhibited here. Vampires, Psychics, Lycans, Demons, Shadows, Spirits of all kinds, And other things similarly portrayed. Weather these be psychics who desire fun pretending to be something in a mass telepathy or true beings is not known. The real existance of anything can not be proved withought physical evidence. And on another plain of reality you simply can not provide that here. Even of it's own existance.

However it is odd that legends traveled the world with no contact between regions. Aisa near the middle east legends of what we call werewolves at the same time of chupacabra legends. China Japan and europe before the opening of trade roots all had beliefs in dragons. Mermaids believed to be manatees by sailors. Psychics in china with native american "seers" in america. Demons simultaniousely in europe and the middle east as well as evil spirits much like them in america. These are all before any real transportation or comute between the places. This is as close to deeming a reality as you will ever get.  

Prince Red

Prince Red

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:47 pm
Prince Red
Prince Red
m a r l o w

But if you know anything about their true ways and culture or some of the inportant living ones I would be more apt to believe you have true knowledge of their group.

As for these false beliefs like no reflection garlic steaking healing and other things. The media makes anything that is not "human" exzadurated in every way possible. Over time these exadurations grow tremendiousely. In the origional dracula dracula made many illusions could transform into a wolf not a bat and one vampire concidered good drank only rats blood. As it got revised more crap got changed added and the legends were altered eventually into what we have today. As far as my kind the psychic ability of precognition is nearly impossible to controll resulting in visions in dreams and dejavu. And likewise kenesis is the movement of energy not objects. Again the media dramatized this. The sheer power it would truely take to lift a piece of paper with your mind is obcene if not impossible. And bending spoons is a parlor trick magicians learn. Both are rather patheticly weak and would appear to be merely human. However this is not to say they do not exist. But on this world they are pathetically weak just like everyone else. In some branches of true psychic abilitys the different plains of existance change thes facts. The motion of energy is far more useful and mind truely prevails over matter. Possibly these myths came from these alternate plains of existance. Many on them claim to be many things exhibited here. Vampires, Psychics, Lycans, Demons, Shadows, Spirits of all kinds, And other things similarly portrayed. Weather these be psychics who desire fun pretending to be something in a mass telepathy or true beings is not known. The real existance of anything can not be proved withought physical evidence. And on another plain of reality you simply can not provide that here. Even of it's own existance.

However it is odd that legends traveled the world with no contact between regions. Aisa near the middle east legends of what we call werewolves at the same time of chupacabra legends. China Japan and europe before the opening of trade roots all had beliefs in dragons. Mermaids believed to be manatees by sailors. Psychics in china with native american "seers" in america. Demons simultaniousely in europe and the middle east as well as evil spirits much like them in america. These are all before any real transportation or comute between the places. This is as close to deeming a reality as you will ever get.
And with all that I really got nothing to prove vampires.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 am
yes! they are cool!  

chickajasmine

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:05 pm
thank you for that perfectly irrelevant and childish input.

now on the topic of TRUE vampirism, i am one myself. there is little to null in the way of scientific proof, though some of us are trying to explore some of the more obscure corners of science and some of the less obscure ones. plenty of possible causes have been brought up, but i personally am one for the school of thought that vampirism is a condition originating from the soul. i've had alot of energy leaks that i notice, and others whom i've said little to null to about it have identified them as well.
so again, i'll direct you to the thread in the extended discussion area where i dicuss things in a great deal more detail, refute myths, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:25 pm
Veruniel
The Vampire Ruler
ROFL I believe chavs are..."Ghetto" people?

Yeah, pretty much.
I think the US equivalent is 'wiggers.'

I don't believe so. I live in the U.S.  

Celestrie

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:55 am
Prince Red
Prince Red
m a r l o w

That's a really big paragraph... I was almost afraid to read it.

I know a quite a bit about modern day Vampirism-- all the slang, the rumors, and cultures itself. I'm just saying I don't believe in real Vampires, but I absolutely respect people who are true to Vampirism and has followed the subculture for years.

If anything, my favorite thing about vampires are the old school Vamp movies from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Vampires today are a bit overglamorized.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:14 am
i do i do i love vampires  

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

Indrid Cold

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:31 am
Broken_Shadow_Child
since you're saying 'off of' I'm guessing its a tv or movie thing... & alas, the only channel that I get that has vampire shows/movies is sci-fi.... TT.TT

They occasionally have some of the older vamp shows on TCM. Like Braum Stokers Dracula. Or if you want comedy get HBO Comedy and you can see the one with leslie Neilson in it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:33 am
I loosely based my characters clothing off of Lestat. Kind of a brat/ Goth punk theme.  

Indrid Cold

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
I love vampires. I've always felt a strange connection to them ever since I was a child. (I'm not claiming I am one though.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:53 pm
I know a psi that feeds off of me. She's quite nice, and has helped me improve the condition of my aura.  

Sica_Lunae

Prince Red

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:00 am
m a r l o w
Prince Red
Prince Red
m a r l o w

That's a really big paragraph... I was almost afraid to read it.

I know a quite a bit about modern day Vampirism-- all the slang, the rumors, and cultures itself. I'm just saying I don't believe in real Vampires, but I absolutely respect people who are true to Vampirism and has followed the subculture for years.

If anything, my favorite thing about vampires are the old school Vamp movies from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Vampires today are a bit overglamorized.
In this case I agree with you to an extent. I don't believe in the overglamorized hollywood versions of vampires. These make no sence. I've lived my life with the ways of psychics all my life and as such I agree with you again about those that follow it for years instead of picking it up and claiming to know it all. I like a couple of the older movies but not because they follow any reality just as entertainment. The modern movies have been taken far too seriousely by far too many. The older movies fortunately have not.

I've seen far too many people picking up movies like queen of the damned and thinking it has any relivance to vampires on a more real level then just a movie. I'm sure the same goes for other things like the cults you mentioned. I was actually kind of agreeing with you. But I keep an open mind about the reality of anything that has signifigant paranormal stories from all over the world when comunication was impossible. I have no proof one way or the other of anythings existance so until I do it is possible it exists.

I was basically saying that since long distance communication was impossible at the time these stories were around and I lack physical proof one way or another on their existance that I take into concideration other reasons why they are so similar. "When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however impossible must be true." Not all of the impossible things are eliminated so they may or may not exist on a real level.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:14 am
DR490N
thank you for that perfectly irrelevant and childish input.

now on the topic of TRUE vampirism, i am one myself. there is little to null in the way of scientific proof, though some of us are trying to explore some of the more obscure corners of science and some of the less obscure ones. plenty of possible causes have been brought up, but i personally am one for the school of thought that vampirism is a condition originating from the soul. i've had alot of energy leaks that i notice, and others whom i've said little to null to about it have identified them as well.
so again, i'll direct you to the thread in the extended discussion area where i dicuss things in a great deal more detail, refute myths, etc.
This idea that being a vampire comes from the soul intrigues me. I have allways looked to science and things like slight genetic variations perhaps in the sequence chains of DNA believed to do nothing within people for answers to the differences between humans psychics vampires lycans and other things. If there is some innnate difference between them then I thought to look there first. I never would have believed the soul would be a source of variation among these. As for energy I never really had too many problems once I got better controll. I'm not a vampire but I am a psychic. I do not know how you use energy so I'm not going to even try to claim I can try to help.  

Prince Red

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 am
Vampires just rule... end of story.

I know much about them, and I wish to be one...

The killing part would be fun... <.< >.>  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces