Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Kozi Usagi

1,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:04 pm
I actually just got back from Books-a-million. I bought Wicked and Next. I can't wait to read them. So...Yes some people still read.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:33 pm
My bedroom is being renovated so I have to pack everything up. I didn't know I had so many books! That box is so heavy.
I did keep a few books out; Great Tales of Terror From Europe and America, Dracula's Diary, The Pirate and The Dark Room.

Dracula's Diary is really funny! Has anyone else read it?

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

ImogenRambock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 am
Hail,

I do read but alas I can not read the tomes I like much any more.

Because I am behind on my school work. sweatdrop

Thus do not possess the time to do nonschool reading. sad

Alas I am quite good at being Sloth. xp

But I do like to read as many tomes has I can that inturest me. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 pm
I love reading... I am currently reading the final book in a trilogy. The book is titled "Abhorsen". The first is "Sabriel", and the second,"Lirael".  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

WhopperNoOnion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:23 pm
It really depends on what kind of book it is.Most books today dont catch my attention anymore but its not like i think reading is evil or anything...I will read every once in a while (out of school) so yeah sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:53 pm
I usualy have two books going at the same time.
I like comic books and manga and will read those if I don't feel like dealing with all the little words that make up books, but like reading.
I mostly read fantacy stories like Earagon, Harry Potter, or there was one were a girl lived with her grandfather and after he died she was cleaning out the attack and found a mysterious board covered in human skin and a note book with her grandmothers writeing in it.
But I real normal stories to, like The Pigman which about a boy and girl and befriend this lonely old man that all the kids make fun off and stuff. It was good, but the ending was so sad.

I also play the guitar, off and on for some years now. My first instructor moved out of state, and my music teacher at my school that I started takeing lessons from a couple years later just taught me the same stuff, and creeped me out so I stoped going there after two years. That was in 5th grade but my uncle plays and he's going to start giveing me lessons this year. I love playing, and can read music, just things have happened over the years and I haven't been able to find a new instructor sweatdrop

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MerrickTheDarkOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:12 pm
I practically live on books...manga I'm ok with if I'm looking for something to fill 20 minutes but give me a nice thick novel any day. Recently I read Sweetblood(pete hautman) gothy/diabetic/agsty teen v. 30 year cradlerobber in a quest to discover herself, Grave Instincts( Robert w. walker) Detecive story about crazy people who kill you but eat your brain while you're still alive, and Blood and chocolate(some chick I can't remember the name of) Werewolves, horny teenagers, and mysterious murders while a werewolf girl tries to figure out who she is and what ahe wants....I like things with a bit of gore or self discovery in them go figure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:11 am
I read. I read everything from vampire novels to Conan novels.  

x Vandalize x

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:38 am
razorblade6060
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I love reading! It's definitely my main hobby. That's why I'm hoping to do English Literature as a degree. I would say I'm an 'intelligent/geeky' goth, and I agree with the whole 'yeah if I wear black I'm a goth' argument, it irritates me. I play the flute, have done for nearly 5 years, but couldn't write a piece of music to save my life!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:18 pm
I love reading in fact I am reading "by way of deception" (i think thats what is called i dont have it with me) I also love comics but thats not all I read.

edit: I play a little bit of euphonium and guitar.(I dont write my own music though, i cant crying ) Yes, I am told I am a geek from hell.  

helloxcthulhu

O.G. Bloodsucker

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:45 am
I read angel of the death,good earth,shiyaku pass,headd game,the girl with a pearl.well I read one book per month....i guess that a good brain exercise!

I am a drummer and a pianist! I loved playing them ! ^^it was really relaxing  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:41 pm
Heck yes man! and your right about the goth thing, I think its just people trying to find some place to fit in and find who they really are. I play guitar and write my own music and lyrics.  

skelingtonse7en

Lilium_Crusade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:53 pm
i luv reading heart Im the top reader in my school mrgreen 2 months ago i finished Gone with the wind and now ive finished inkheart and inkspell..i read alot more..i just cant remember lol..and i play flute ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:07 pm
reading is my life. without literature, i would be completely hollow, more so than i already am. i also enjoy writing, in hopes that someday the masses will still remember what a book is and read my words.  

Analei

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:15 pm
I read, right now I am reading the secret of the rose. My brother is the geekiest person I have met. he's smart/geeky enough to get a good job and to have gone to U-of-M (university of michigan).

I used to learn to play guitar, but I still write my own lyrics.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff