Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:48 am
His lips tightened as he took a seat, hands knotting in his lap. “It--she--has a voice, of course. A child's voice. Female. No more than twelve or so, I would guess, by the phrasing...she...uses. As for a human shape, I presume so, although I have not seen it. Liesse used to talk about seeing her, being watched by her, before Liesse's--condition--deteriorated. As for a motive--" a pinscratch frown appeared between his brows before he smoothed it away. "--I have no idea. None of my other siblings have been harassed by this...girl, only Liesse and I. And of all my family, I would have said that Liesse would've been the least likely to incur the wrath of any being, ghost or otherwise." He looked up at Atticus with a shy smile. "She was always very softhearted, even when we were younger. I recall that occasionally we would find dead birds in the labyrinth. They would often become trapped the ivy, and by their own struggles they would end up choking themselves. Liesse always--always insisted that we give them decent burials."
I didn't realize my feelings were so transparent. he replied, constructing a carefully inoffensive tone in his mind, speaking beneath the absent-minded chatter concerning Liesse and her sparrow-graves. Perhaps it is only that I have so often heard Antha Evelyn Mayfair discussed as a--what was it?--a cunning, ruthless, malicious, sociopathic brat. From rather dubious sources, I admit. Otherwise I would expect the entire Talamasca to be under your thumb. Privately, to himself, he added, Fortunately, it only appears to be their leader and a few of the elite.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:26 am
Is that so? The corners of her lips curled sharply into a most wicked grin, though the dim light didn't reveal it, and her precise gaze landed carefully an Rynn. Ruthless? Malicious? Never. Brat I might not doubt. In a flash it seemed their surroundings had frozen, everyone and everything as still and lifeless and statues, while Antha sat silently staring at the boy. "Nifty little trick, don't you agree?" she asked softly, resting her cheek against her hand. "A power once craved by humans and held only by the umbra and those who command them. The power to stop the processes around you while allowing your own mind and anything else you so choose to move freely, independent of time." Her eyes closed briefly, long lashes pressing against the chalk white of her skin. "I wonder, did you get a good look at Atticus's eyes? Beautiful things, really. Could you even tell they're not his? Persephone long ago scraped his own eyes away." The look in her eyes was, if only for one moment, thoughtful, before the poisonous precision returned and she came to her feet. "But really, mon cher, why would you want to invoke the wrath of someone who you've heard such awful things about?" A laugh touched her lips as she cupped his chin in her hand, moving his head so that he looked up at her. "I wonder...is there fear lingering somewhere inside of you?" Finally, tired of the game and momentarily drained of energy, she let go of the boy and made her way to the window, taking one glimpse at the frozen world before it burst back into motion. "It's hard to say how to banish something if one cannot discern a motive," she commented lightly, turning her head so that her voice was directed to Atticus.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:23 pm
.David Talbot.
David sat back in his chair, lighting a cigarette as he listened. "What might you want these files for? And I do mean a detailed reason." He paused, eyeing the vampire thoughtfully, before he leaned forward with his arms folded on the desk over scads of loose papers and bound folders with seals. "I'm not saying I will grant you access to such records even if your reason does check out, but before any thought goes into it I have to make certain the files don't fall into dangerous hands. So be careful with your words, but don't lie and don't leave anything out."
David, finished, leaned into the back of his chair again as if he were done, though Aaron continued the small speech. "We'll know if you do."
Sabata gulped inwardly at this. Oh great, no what? If I tell them about IT they'll go after it themselves... then I'll never... he mentally slapped himself. Calm down. They probably don't even know it's in the city, or even what it is... He began to speak, "I am tracking the movements of a certain... individual. I discovered he passed through Osiris city, and left something behind. I am looking for this object as well. That is why I need to see the records, any information I can find will be most helpful to me."  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 am
David gave a soft sigh, his eyes turning to Aaron as if they could communicate his thoughts for him. Aaron, seeming to understand, turned to Sabata in David's place. "Details. You have to understand that we well not release these documents unless we are certain the information will not be misused. Unless we know of your exact purposes, access won't be granted to you. So of course you don't have to tell us, but we need much more detailed information if we are to even consider putting our information into your hands."
"We're not as judgemental as you'd think," David added lightly, a small, friendly smile to his lips, "Nor greedy, for that matter. We have a policy here---watch, listen, record, but never interfere."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:39 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
Is that so? The corners of her lips curled sharply into a most wicked grin, though the dim light didn't reveal it, and her precise gaze landed carefully an Rynn. Ruthless? Malicious? Never. Brat I might not doubt. In a flash it seemed their surroundings had frozen, everyone and everything as still and lifeless and statues, while Antha sat silently staring at the boy. "Nifty little trick, don't you agree?" she asked softly, resting her cheek against her hand. "A power once craved by humans and held only by the umbra and those who command them. The power to stop the processes around you while allowing your own mind and anything else you so choose to move freely, independent of time." Her eyes closed briefly, long lashes pressing against the chalk white of her skin. "I wonder, did you get a good look at Atticus's eyes? Beautiful things, really. Could you even tell they're not his? Persephone long ago scraped his own eyes away." The look in her eyes was, if only for one moment, thoughtful, before the poisonous precision returned and she came to her feet. "But really, mon cher, why would you want to invoke the wrath of someone who you've heard such awful things about?" A laugh touched her lips as she cupped his chin in her hand, moving his head so that he looked up at her. "I wonder...is there fear lingering somewhere inside of you?" Finally, tired of the game and momentarily drained of energy, she let go of the boy and made her way to the window, taking one glimpse at the frozen world before it burst back into motion. "It's hard to say how to banish something if one cannot discern a motive," she commented lightly, turning her head so that her voice was directed to Atticus.

Despite such a show—and that was what it had been, wasn’t it? A show of power—Rynn couldn’t help but feel cold anger rising in the pit of his stomach. It was all he could do to keep himself in the chair, and it was only after several moments of a silent internal power struggle that he was able to respond, serenely, calmly, with, “Liesse has no enemies. She is just as reclusive as the rest of my family. There is no reason that I know of for anyone to wish her harm.”  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:01 am
.David Talbot.
David gave a soft sigh, his eyes turning to Aaron as if they could communicate his thoughts for him. Aaron, seeming to understand, turned to Sabata in David's place. "Details. You have to understand that we well not release these documents unless we are certain the information will not be misused. Unless we know of your exact purposes, access won't be granted to you. So of course you don't have to tell us, but we need much more detailed information if we are to even consider putting our information into your hands."
"We're not as judgemental as you'd think," David added lightly, a small, friendly smile to his lips, "Nor greedy, for that matter. We have a policy here---watch, listen, record, but never interfere."
Sabata nodded at this as if he understood, inwardly though, Yeah, but wait till you hear what this thing DOES He took another breath. "The person I'm tracking is a man named Django, a master os solar and lunar magic. In his travels, he found something he called the "Moon Eye", some sort of artifact. This artifact is deeply connected to several existing vampire clans, who treasure it greatly. I believe he came to Osiris city, hid it here, and left. I came here looking for it." His narration finished, he sat back and watched David carefully.  

ninja of Persia

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:24 am
"It doesn't have to be a grudge," she replied softly, folding her arms on the windowsill while she watched a pair of blackbirds rush by, "Sometimes spirits that were once in the flesh linger on, confused as to what they once were and have become and choose to strike at anything that helps to build its confusion. And then every so often one might find an umbra jealous of those in the flesh, longing to become one with matter and so lashing out and terrorizing innocents in an attempt to invoke a magic that might grant their wish." She paused, turning and hopping up onto the cold stone windowsill so that her back stood in the way of the icy breeze. "What does the phantom do? That's the real question, I suppose. The line between wrath and sport is thick enough to see, and clear enough to reveal something about the creature." Her eyes remained wholly focused on Rynn, not entirely free of some faint sparkle of insanity yet intelligent all the more.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:49 pm
Atticus was quick to try and smooth over Antha's words with a little more clarity. "What she means," he said, "Is that if it is a ghost, it may have lost its memories and gone somewhat insane. It could wish to take over your sister's body, or even to simply kill her in jealousy. If it's a true spirit, which I'm considerably doubtful about, then most likely it envies that she is physical and would try to steal her physical form. Often spirits---'umbra' as Antha Evelyn calls them---try to use witches for these purposes and, except for a few tales of questionable sources, the witch ends up wrenched from his or her body and the spirit given a few dying moments in the flesh." He sighed, watching Antha's movements. She frightened him, to say the least, and despite his love for her he couldn't help but feel defensive around her at times like this.

David, meanwhile, sat back staring at Sabata with darkened eye. Aaron leaned forward with his elbows resting on his knees and his chin on his fisted hands. "We could question them," he suggested softly, "Beg Antha to put them in the palm of her hand and demand answers on our behalf. She would do it for a pretty face and a mildly amusing tale, I think."
It took a second for David to react, rubbing the top of his head in distraction and staring at his desk before finally he was able to press down the red button on the intercom. "Sara, records for Osiris City entries and exits, please. Past 10 years, I believe." He paused, looking at Sabata should he need to adjust the time span, before continuing. "Bring the red files as well, same time frame." The moment his hand retracted it reached for a cigarette, lighting it in an instant. "So this 'Moon Eye'...what does it do, pray tell? What links it to the covens?" Patience, Aaron. Antha will be back as soon as things with the witch boy are settled...or at least on track.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:53 pm
Sabata said nothing as Aaron spoke, but smiled when he saw David call for the files, "100 years please, Django passed through a long time ago." His face remained expressionless as he listened to David's question. Interested I see, of course you are, everyone is... but how much should I tell you about it? He spoke up after a short pause, "The Moon's Eye contains a gem made from the crytallized blood of the vampire mage, Lady Mani, also known as Moon Beauty, she first mastered lunar magic and passed to the covens. Her blood makes the artifact extremely powerful, and a treasure for the covens, until it disappeared about a century ago. As for what it does... that is unclear, but it is rumored to..." he paused for effect, guess I'll tell him "rumored to allow vampires to walk in daylight."  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:35 am
.David Talbot.
Atticus was quick to try and smooth over Antha's words with a little more clarity. "What she means," he said, "Is that if it is a ghost, it may have lost its memories and gone somewhat insane. It could wish to take over your sister's body, or even to simply kill her in jealousy. If it's a true spirit, which I'm considerably doubtful about, then most likely it envies that she is physical and would try to steal her physical form. Often spirits---'umbra' as Antha Evelyn calls them---try to use witches for these purposes and, except for a few tales of questionable sources, the witch ends up wrenched from his or her body and the spirit given a few dying moments in the flesh." He sighed, watching Antha's movements. She frightened him, to say the least, and despite his love for her he couldn't help but feel defensive around her at times like this.

He went quite pale, and answered quietly, his throat suddenly dry as dust. "It was the nightmares first. After it found that it could not attack me head on, it began to invade her sleep. She would wake, weeping as if her heart would break, unable to be comforted. And she would not tell me what they were about. For a few weeks afterwards, she was subject to violent mood swings. 'Fits', my brothers called them. Liesse has always been of the gentlest disposition, but she would rage for hours, scream incomprehensible phrases and nursery rhymes at nothing at all. 'Mary, Mary, quite contrary'--and the like. She would not speak rationally to any living thing. And then--" he faltered. "--then, one day, I went into her room, and she attacked me." He turned his gaze, wide and hazel and fragmented with the bewilderment he must have felt lingering in his irises. "She attacked me." he repeated. "My own sister. And now she sleeps, for days on end, unable to be woken by any means. And when she does rise, for no more than a few hours, she no longer even screams her nonsense. It is as though she has been utterly broken to the will of this spirit, and is now little more than a catspaw for this--this thing. She no longer speaks, she will not eat, she only goes to the maze and--I know not what. I can no longer even observe her--she attacks me on sight." He shut his eyes. Even the recounting of his sister's fall is painful, a weighted anchor knotted around his heart.  

Rynn Calais

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:43 pm
Antha kept her manner reserved, her eyes thoughtful, though on the edges of her features there resided a certain tinge of victory. "It couldn't be a ghost," she said softly, half to Rynn and half to Atticus, her voice hardly more than a whisper. "When a ghost attempts to seize a person's mind, either they succeed and the person is possessed or they fail and their essence is ripped apart. Surely this phantom haunting your sister is an umbra, and a high level one at that." Silently she let her gaze drift about the room and the many articles lining the walls, her fingers pressed to her cheek as an indication of thought. "An exorcism of high level would suffice, don't you think, Atticus?" She didn't doubt that she and Atticus were sufficient power and ability combined to do such a thing, but she did worry about the extent to which Rynn would let them help. He seemed to prefer them (most particularly Antha herself) separate from himself and his predicament. "Rynn, I don't think you could do it yourself. You'd only end up injured or killed. But we can help if you'll let us."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:54 pm
Atticus only bobbed his head in agreement, his eyes tracing the lines in the stone floor. "I still wonder what might have driven it to such measures..." With these words his eyes sought out Antha, staring at her in a childlike confusion. "Of all the witches in the world, you would be the one to know some general cause. Can't you thik of anything?"
Respectfully Singe clasped Atticus's hand with his own, sending a surge of pure enrgy through him in some small attempt to calm him. He's going to obsess, he told Antha telepathically. He's been in here for a straight month. Even he can't spend that long without blood. "Maybe it would help if you could get a better feel of this ghost."
"You could forge a connection with Rynn's blood as a medium. It can be drawn with his blood, being so like to his sister's."
Antha, get them out. Get things ready. Talk to Rynn and Aaron. I'll take Atticus to feed.

"Who might be interested in such an ability?" Aaron asked David quietly, his eyes transferring from his boss to the vampire.
David didn't need time to reply. "Persephone. She may not care for the daylight hours---after all, not even the living do in this city---but she's losing the war and she needs an advantage. But of course, we can't count out Sleet either. Khayman...no, he's too gentle, too haunted by the world. But then the rogues...there are simply too many to rule any of them out." With a sigh of frustration David gave a wave of his hand, allowing the door to burst quietly open before Sara could even knock.
"Records for the past 100 years, sir. And, of course, the red files." The records she tossed onto the center of his desk, carefully, yet the scarlet envelopes (which each had a far greater mass than the records) she pressed defensively towards David before gliding out the way she came.
"These files are to be reviewed here only," David instructed carefully, "Where wandering eyes cannot find them. Now this 'Moon's Eye', you said it contains a gem of crystallized blood. Any other distinct features?" As he asked this question, he flipped open the red files and set his sights loose on the first page.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:07 pm
Sabata thought hard about the artifact, all the stories he'd heard. "Well... it's small, I think about the size of a pendent or amulet, made of silver, in the shape of an eye, almost egyptian-like, and it should have images of the moon engraved on it... I think that's all." He looked over at David, "Does the Talamasca have anything like that?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:33 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha kept her manner reserved, her eyes thoughtful, though on the edges of her features there resided a certain tinge of victory. "It couldn't be a ghost," she said softly, half to Rynn and half to Atticus, her voice hardly more than a whisper. "When a ghost attempts to seize a person's mind, either they succeed and the person is possessed or they fail and their essence is ripped apart. Surely this phantom haunting your sister is an umbra, and a high level one at that." Silently she let her gaze drift about the room and the many articles lining the walls, her fingers pressed to her cheek as an indication of thought. "An exorcism of high level would suffice, don't you think, Atticus?" She didn't doubt that she and Atticus were sufficient power and ability combined to do such a thing, but she did worry about the extent to which Rynn would let them help. He seemed to prefer them (most particularly Antha herself) separate from himself and his predicament. "Rynn, I don't think you could do it yourself. You'd only end up injured or killed. But we can help if you'll let us."

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?

Agony stabbed through his forehead like a knife; instinctively, Rynn pressed his palm against his forehead tightly. The pain throbbed like a drum--or a beating heart. He gritted his teeth and forced it back.
He couldn't tell them about Mary, but...
"I do not think her to be an umbra." he said tightly. Nerves fraying. "She did not aim to possess Liesse as her ultimate goal. An umbra has a--a thirst for life, am I correct? That is why it would desire to possess her in the first place. To my sister's tormentor, though...I don't know how to explain it. I suppose the best way to say it would be..." he took a deep breath. "...I do not get the feeling that the possession of my sister, the possession of life, was it's ultimate goal. Does that make any sense at all?"
Would the exorcism for an umbra work the same on a ghost, he wondered?  

Rynn Calais

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:42 pm
"It makes plenty of sense," she assured him gently, hopping down from the windowsill with a faint thud. "But regardless of its main objective, I still believe it to be an umbra. A ghost cannot maintain such powerful control over a person's mind without possession. And umbra can have many objectives, all quite easily hidden. However, should it indeed reveal itself to be a ghost, we will be prepared." She smiled quickly at Rynn, wishing suddenly that she could find a way to console him. "Come, let's go speak with David now." With an easy grace she made her way to him, standing still before him and staring with a certain sense of empathy before she held her hand out to show she meant to help. Atticus is in dire need of blood. We must leave him to his dark deed.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff