Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:57 pm
...you get bored on vacation and decide to hand sew an entire garment with no pattern and ghetto supplies. With carpal tunnel.

XD

....When you have had two people forcibly remove you from the yarn shop/craft store so that you can pay rent, rather than buying yarn.

....Your thought process goes something like this:

"If I buy this $40 skane of hand dyed yarn, I won't be able to pay rent...But it's sooo preeettyyyy...."

"I know! I'll use it to knit myself a tent, and I'll camp out on the sidewalk outside the LYS!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:40 am
I can't wait till I'm off crutches so I can go to my LYS, but its not handicapped accessible. Well, the LYS I have a gift cert for. xd

I'm lucky enough to have 2- one can be really hard to get to if theres any traffic, becuase its right on the river between KY and OH, literally 2 seconds from Cincinnati, Ohio, which is a huge city.  

Silver Mist

gingin929

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:35 am
When you take your craft project to the pool with you so you can do that instead of swim on a hot day... Yes i am guilty of this one..LOL mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:12 am
When you don't sleep due to the fear of being impaled by knitting needles.

...And when you get terribly angry when people go... "Isn't knitting the same as crocheting?"

Seriously.

Lumicran_Minamoto

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 am
Lumicran_Minamoto

...And when you get terribly angry when people go... "Isn't knitting the same as crocheting?"

That bothers me so much... grr.... they look nothing alike! My friend just gave me a blanket her mom crocheted for me, and she said "Wasn't it nice of her to knit it in some of your favorite colors?" I just stared at her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 pm
...when you figure out craft-related anagrams for your name.

-NyX
("Knit Mania!" I Rage")  

NyessaX

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:35 am
Silver Mist
Lumicran_Minamoto

That bothers me so much... grr.... they look nothing alike! My friend just gave me a blanket her mom crocheted for me, and she said "Wasn't it nice of her to knit it in some of your favorite colors?" I just stared at her.

My dad did the same thing.

After months of trying to master crocheting, I finally got it down and so when he came into the room, I told him. He said, "Uhh...how is that different from knitting?"

And one time I was knitting in class and the teacher came up to me and said, "Oh, you know how to knit?" And we talked for a little bit and then she said, "So what are you sewing?"

*facepalm*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:50 am
... you see patterns on sale at Jo-Ann's for $1 each, hoard a dozen at a time, then look back at all of the ones you have collected the past four to five years and realize that you only opened abut six of them.  

Daedalus Project

gingin929

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:23 pm
Daedalus Project
... you see patterns on sale at Jo-Ann's for $1 each, hoard a dozen at a time, then look back at all of the ones you have collected the past four to five years and realize that you only opened abut six of them.
I have been there and done that too....LOL

Or you get all the stuff to make a project, material, thread, notions, patteern, say your gonna make it and nothing ever gets done... or you get it all started and you have just 2 things left to do and it sits unfinished!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:02 pm
gingin929
Daedalus Project
I have been there and done that too....LOL

Or you get all the stuff to make a project, material, thread, notions, patteern, say your gonna make it and nothing ever gets done... or you get it all started and you have just 2 things left to do and it sits unfinished!!

umm..... thats the cuase of over 3/4 of my stash... xd (It doesnt help that I do period costuming- Elizabethan dresses take soooo much fabric!!)  

Silver Mist

asbeautyfaded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:22 pm
When you move and realize that if you didn't have craft supplies you wouldn't have had to make three trips.

When you have more costumes than actual clothes ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:04 am
When you start to make birdie toys from old scraps of fabric for your friend that raises birds.

When you see a pair of earrings in the Avon catalog, and then make them because you already had everything you need to make them.

When you spend more less than $100.00 dollars at Michaels and feel like you are missing something.

When you start making Christmas gifts in Feb.

When you have to keep a list of what you have given everyone you know, so you don't repeat.

When you ask all your friends/relatives/complete strangers what their favorite colors are, so you can make them something they like.

When you spend all your time at work when you boss isn't there to find tutorials or project so you can learn something new.

When you decided on how to design your bedroom to maximize the craft space.

When you buy binders and tabs to keep your tutorials and projects organized.

When you color coded your bead storage.

When you put labels on all your storage container so you can find things faster.

When your father (who like carpentry) makes you a light table, so you can make working copies of patterns.

When you buy craft items, not to use them for what they were made for, but for what you want/thought of.

When you find a use for the extra set of Christmas lights in your craft project of the moment, because they are there.

When you want your avitar to be able to make crafts and sell them for gaia gold.

When you walk through a store with a friend and she says she need to get back to crafting since she keeps watching you make stuff.

When your writer friend designs a character after you that crafts more than anything else, including working, eating and sleeping.

When you have convenced your friend's husband who hated you up to about six months ago that making your own jewelry is cool and you spend more time talking to him about that then talking to your friend.

Ok that's all for me!  

Zaubrer

Interesting Genius

1,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

StrawberryFuma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:47 pm
...When you're known for knitting on stage crew instead of actually helping.

...When the people in your English class start calling you "Madam Defarge."(You'll only get this if you've read "Tale of Two Cities.)
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:10 am
Example: You know you're addicted to crafting when...... you buy some material and it's used up by the end of the day  

rachel_wedgiegirl

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:20 am
You know you're addicted to crafting when......
Taking a week (ok five days) off from knitting/crochet to give your wrists a break is pure torture. *flails* I want to craft! *makes grabby hands at her alien scarf and granny square blanket* crying On the plus side, my hands are getting pampered, because without crafting to keep them busy I've had to find something to do with them. So they've been getting lots of lotion and massages. x3

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff