Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!
The Missing Uchiha {PART 1} [complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you reading my fiction? (people count!!)
  Yep (+1)
View Results

Ladyshion

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:54 pm
Good chapter! Just one question how come Sasuke didn't try to get the bell from Kakashi with Solari? confused  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:31 pm
he did it in the morning, Solari did it in the afternoon...it was an individual test...  

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:40 pm
i just spent $40 being a nerd....i just bought pokemon diamond and i'm totally addicted to it....i've been practically falling asleep in class because i'm up until midnight or 1 AM playing.....well have to badges and my starter pokemon has already evolved and is currently at level 30 (6 more until it evolves for the final time)...i am way to into this.....

This chapter is the second and final part of the training before the chunin exam.....all the japanese in this chapter has translations at the end of the chapter.....

Chapter 23 - Training Part 2

Solari was woken up the next morning by extreme pain in her left arm. She quickly realized that she hadn’t healed her arm the pervious night. Damn-it, Senshi-san trusted me.

She rushed back to the camp to find both Kakashi and Sasuke leaving for the morning.

“Ohayo Kakashi, Sasuke. Um, about late night, uh, gomen nasai.”

“It’s fine. We’ll be back around the same time as yesterday.” Solari nodded. “Ikimasho Sasuke.” Kakashi and Sasuke walked away in the direction of the clearing from the other day.

Solar spent the morning with a little light training to test her arm. It didn’t turn out to good. She couldn’t move her arm on its own and had to make her hand signs lower to the ground because she couldn’t lift her arm.

She went back had made herself a small lunch out of the food she had brought. When she finished eating, Sasuke and Kakashi came back. Sasuke looked battered, which worried Solari a little about what she might do.

“Okay, Solari are you ready?”

“Aren’t you going to eat?” She asked him.

“I can eat later,” Kakashi replied.

“Oh.” Solari got up and followed Kakashi to the clearing from yesterday.

When they got there, Kakashi told her to do the chidori. She did it and he looked satisfied.

“Today starts very individual training. Based off of your performances yesterday, you and Sasuke will be working on some very different things. Today you will be working on chakra control.” He walked out onto the lake that was next to the clearing. Solari had seen this before when they were fighting Zabuza. She was excited that she got to learn how to do it.

“I’m going to learn that?”

“Yes you are. This is very similar to when you did the tree climbing exercise back in the Land of Waves. But this time you have to vary the amount of chakra you use because of the moving water.”

Solari was grateful for this because of her arm. She focused her chakra on the bottom of her feet and stepped out onto the water. She wasn’t able to stand on the very top and her feet sunk a little into the water. After a few seconds she lost her balance and fell into the water.

“Well that was very good for a first try,” Kakashi said once she broke the surface of the water. “Try again.”

She tried a few more times and then was able to stand one the surface of the water as long as Kakashi. After a few more tries, she could also walk around on top of the water.

“Well you mastered that quickly.”

“Arigato.”

“So why don’t we work on what I was going to do tomorrow.” He bit his finger and placed it down on the ground “Kuchiyose no Jutsu.” A dog appeared that had two thin swords in his mouth. Kakashi took them and the dog disappeared in a puff of smoke. He threw her one of the swords.

Solari was so shocked by this that she almost lost he balance on top of the water.

“Nani?”

“Judging by the way you strategize and come at me when you attack, I thought you could try your hand with a katana. Today I’m just going to teach you some basics. But I’m not a professional, all I know I copied using the Sharingan.”

“I thought you could only copy nin- and genjutsu with the Sharingan.”

“You also can copy taijutsu.”

“How did I not know that?”

“I don’t know. But anyway, let’s get out of the water.”

“Hai,” Solari said hesitantly. She didn’t want Kakashi to find out that she didn’t heal her arm the other night, and doing something like this would make it incredibly obvious.

“Okay, we are just going to start out with some basic cuts.” He showed her how to hold the katana and then swung it at a tree which was simple enough.

Just holding the katana didn’t hurt her arm, so she proceeded to slash the tree. It was this that hurt her arm. When she swung the katana, she used too much of her left arm. She dropped the katana and grasped her arm.

“Daijyobu ka?”

“Daijyobu desu.” Solari massaged her arm, trying to make the pain go away.

Kakashi eyed her wearily. “You didn’t heal your arm last night did you?”

Solari sighed. “Iie, I didn’t. Gomen nasai, I forgot.”

“You don’t need to apologize to me, you’re only hurting yourself.” He looked at her with a disapproving look in his uncovered eye. “Well if you can’t do anything, then I guess we’re done with training for the day.”

Kakashi walked her back to the campsite and when Sasuke asked why they were back so early Solari just went into her tent and ignored him.

“Don’t forget your arm Solari.”

“Hai,” she said, subconsciously. Solari went in her tent, healed her arm, and went to sleep.

Solari woke up before sunrise and found that she was up before Sasuke. She didn’t bother to find food but went to train. She grabbed the katana from the other day that Kakashi had let her keep and went out to the log by the lake. She did some punches and kicks, then tried some cuts with the katana. She washed off her face and put on her forehead protector before heading back to the camp.

She got there to find Kakashi and Sasuke sitting by the fire, eating more fish. Solari was already tired of eating fish, even though it was only the third day. She just sat down and waited for the other two to finish. Kakashi stood up and Sasuke did the same. They both left the clearing without a word.

“This is going to be a very interesting month,” Solari said to herself. She pulled out the Aburame clan scroll and began to read it.

Kakashi and Sasuke came back at the usual time and Solari left for her own training, taking the katana with her.

As soon as they reached the clearing Kakashi turned and faced her. He had a disapproving look on his face. “How is your arm?”

“It’s fine. I healed it last night.”

“Good. We don’t have any extra time to delay. Now are you ready? I’m going to continue teaching you the basics that we started yesterday.”

Kakashi had her do some more slashes on the trees and then moved to some more advanced techniques. By the end of the day she was so exhausted that she could barely swing the katana and when she did, she felt pain shoot through her left arm.

“Okay, good. Now do the chidori before we go.”

Solari dropped the katana and stared up at him while trying to catch her breath. “You’re kidding, right?”

Kakashi shook his head. Solari grudgingly did the chidori.

“Again, the other hand now.”

“Nani?”

“Again, you have to do it twice every day.”

She did it again then left for the campsite, without bothering to wait for Kakashi. She saw Sasuke and threw herself down on the ground next to him.

“Did you do something to make him angry?” she asked with an accusatory tone.

Sasuke looked at her. He tried to cover his weariness with a look of confusion. “No, I don’t think so. Naze?”

“He was just, well different today. But why are you so exhausted?”

“Kakashi is making me work on speed and taijutsu. But as long as I can get the power I need, I’ll do anything.”

Solari didn’t like the sound of that. When Sasuke said ‘anything’ she thought of how little it would take to make Sasuke want to join Orochimaru.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m just thinking about what Kakashi was making me do,” Solari lied. “He’s teaching me how to use this.” She pulled out the katana and showed it to Sasuke.

“Are you any good?”

Thinking about how she was hoping to improve, she smiled and stood up. “I guess you’ll just find out if we ever fight each other.”

Sasuke looked at her with a curious expression before she headed into her tent for the night.

The rest of the month went smoothly enough. Every day followed the same schedule, with the exception of the few times Kakashi had Solari and Sasuke fight each other. Solari forgot the heal her arm three more times, bringing the total of times she forgot to be four times above when Senshi said she could do. On those days Kakashi had her do chakra control exercises and practice the speed and stamina she had copied from Sasuke. By the end of the month, they were both equal in speed, taijutsu, and their ability with the chidori. Solari had also mastered every technique Kakashi knew with the katana.

On the second-to-last day of the month that they were given to train, the three of them were to be found packing up the tents and getting ready to leave.

Over the past month, Solari and Sasuke had grown much closer. They could have entire convorsations with eachother without saying a word (verbally or mantally.) They also finished eachother sentances and always seemed to know what the other one was doing. This unsettled Kakashi, but he did his best to hid it.

Solari had switched the high ponytail she wore before with a low ponytail and her hair reached almost all the way down her back. She carried her katana on her back so she could easily access it without it being in the way.

She had also discovered the setbacks of not having healed her arm every single day. It was in constant pain unless she applied pressure to it. Solari had come up with a solution for that and now her entire left arm and hand were wrapped in bandages, save for her fingers. She had managed to work through the pain when she was using the katana, but for some reason it still hurt for her to do her hand signs up high. She was forced to do them down low closer to her waist, which really wasn’t a problem.

As Solari was wrapping up her bedroll, Kakashi broke the silence that had been sustained the entire morning. “I was wondering if you guys wanted to train today, and we could leave tomorrow.”

“Iie,” Sasuke said immediately.

“We need to get back to the village today and give ourselves a chance to rest tomorrow. It’s the best thing we can do.”

Kakashi looked startled, as usual, about how much on the same page the twins were. “But you two still need to–”

“Do the chidori, every day, twice a day,” they said in a monotonous unison.

“Right.”

They continued to pack and by about mid-day they were ready to leave. As they left the training area for the first time in a month Solari looked back. The creepy looking forest now seemed normal. Solari somewhat dreaded the bright cheerfulness of the village.

It took them the remainder of the day to reach the village. Before they got there Kakashi made them each do the chidori twice. They finally reached the village and Kakashi disappeared in a puff of smoke.

“Wow, it didn’t take him long to ditch us.”

“No kidding,” Sasuke said, almost smiling. “Well you’ve had a month to learn about your opponent, I’m going to see how much information I can get about this Sabuku no Gaara guy.” Sasuke walked off and began asking foreign shinobi questions.

I should go see Senshi-san. Oh man, she is going to murder me. With an ever increasing sense of dread, Solari headed in the direction of the hospital.

She walked in through the front doors of the hospital five minutes later and went to the front desk.

“Excuse me, do you know where I can find Takanata Senshi?”

Before the woman behind the desk had a chance to answer, Solari heard her name shouted so loud that she jumped.

“Solari!”

Wondering how mad she had to make Senshi for her to stop calling her ‘Solari-chan,’ Solari turned to face the medic-nin.

“Konbanwa Senshi-san.”

Senshi glared at Solari, and then turned her attention to her arm. “How many times?”

“Nani?” Solari asked, trying to avoid the truth.

“You know what I mean. How many times did you forget to heal your arm?”

Solari looked ashamed. “Uh, four times.”

Senshi looked at her and the expression on her face changed from rage to the calm look Solari was used to. “How are you managing?”

“Fine, I’ve figured out my limits and I’ve been working through the minor pain.”

Senshi sighed. “Okay, that’s good. I guess you can leave now, but don’t forget that you still have two more weeks of healing to do.”

“Hai,” Solari said, and she walked out of the hospital.

“Oh, Solari-chan.” Solari stopped and turned to face Senshi. Senshi smiled. “Don’t make destroying your limbs a habit when you fight.”

Solari laughed. “Hai, Senshi-san.”

She spent the rest of the night just walking around the village. Occasionally she would spot Naruto or Sakura but she decided not to talk to them, she would have plenty of time for that tomorrow.

When it got darker she finally decided to go home for the night. She headed for the large building at the head of the town. She got to the front door and stopped.

“Why do I live here again?” She found herself asking this question more and more lately. She pulled on the door and went inside.

The halls were dark and Solari found her way to her room without meeting anyone. She shut herself into her room and unwrapped her arm to heal it. It stung and burned when it touched the air, but Solari tried to ignore it. She healed her arm and wrapped it back through the continuing pain. It never seemed now that the healing did anything, but she did it anyway so she could still use her arm. Then she flopped down on her bed and fell asleep instantly, glad to be back on a real bed under a real roof.

Japanese:
Ikimasho = Let's go
Arigato = Thank you
Nani? = What?
Hai = Yes (hopefully you know that by now, but i'm putting it anyway)
Daijyobu ka? = Are you okay?
Daijyobu desu = I'm fine
Iie = No
Gomen nasai = I'm sorry
Naze? = Why?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:46 am
Hunh. So she forgot... Four times. That's pretty bad, isn't it?  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Ladyshion

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:22 pm
Great chapter! I can't wait to find out who she's going to fight in exams.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:46 pm
Chapter 16
“What about the lineup?” Solari felt like she had asked this question a million times, this time she really wanted an answer.

“Solari, you are fighting Aburame Shino. Sasuke, you are fighting Sabuku no Gaara. Then Naruto is against Hyuga Neji, Shikamaru is against Kinuata Dosu, and the winner between the two of them fights Temari.”

There is the answer to who she is fighting next.....also she stole the Aburame clan scroll and spied on Shino......  

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

ckdark

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:58 pm
baM  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:54 pm
Chapters 24 and 25 have outfit changes......the outfit she has in chapter 25 is what she will continue to wear for the rest of the series....i may change the jacket to something more Uchiha-ish later on but for now these are her outfits

Frst Change:
User Image

Second Change:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes her hair did change, i said that in chapter 23

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:06 pm
This probably going to be the last chapter for a little bit...i have exams this week and also this story has almost caught up to what i've written.....i'm writing chapter 27 and it's really hard...but i want to get it done so i will soon

I'm also working on 2 other Naruto FanFictions, one is called Falling Stars and the other is Perfect Little Tradgedy.....i'm not done with chapter 1 for either of these, but when i finish them i'm putting them up here also.....

Chapter 24: The Third Test - Part 1

When Solari woke up the next morning, it took her a couple of seconds to remember where she was. She remembered and a huge grin flashed across her face.

Tomorrow I am going to kick butt. Shino doesn’t stand a chance. And I wouldn’t mind beating Naruto either.

She got up, crossed her room to her closet, and threw it open. Even though she had brought extra clothes when she went away for the month, they quickly became disgusting. She pulled out a navy blue skirt and white shirt. She checked the wrappings on her arm then put her hair in a ponytail.

Before she left her room, she pulled out the Aburame clan scroll. I should put this back. I’ve read all of it so what’s the point in keeping it. She walked down to the Konoha records room. When she reached the hallway with the records room, she began to sneak. She wasn’t allowed to be here as a genin so she reached out with her hearing to listen for someone who might catch her. Luckily for her, there was no one in the room.

She found the place where she had taken the scroll. She put it away and turned to leave. When she saw the Hokage standing there, it startled her so much she actually jumped off the floor a little.

“Oh Hokage-sama. What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that same question.”

“I got lost.”

“You never were a good liar. Plus you’ve lived here your entire life.” He smiled. “So you think you know everything about your opponent just by reading a scroll about his family?”

Solari looked embarrassed. “Well, it’s as good as I can do, considering I was gone for a month.”

Her grandfather walked over to her and put his hand on her back. “Well, you aren’t allowed to be in here. So you should probably leave before anyone finds you.”

She smiled and with a quick nod, ran out off the room. Remembering that she had forgotten her katana up in her room, Solari went up to go get it. She grabbed the katana and headed outside.

She went to go find a place to have breakfast. Before she had found a place, she ran into Hinata.

“Ohayo Hinata-chan.”

“Welcome back Solari-chan. Where are you going?”

“I was just going to have breakfast.” Solari paused and changed her mind. “But I just realized I’m not that hungry. How have you been?”

“I’ve been good, I got out of the hospital a little after you left and I haven’t been doing much.”

“Oh. Hey Hinata-chan, do you want to come train a little with me?”

Hinata’s face brightened, it seemed like she had been left out of Shino’s training. “Sure. Do you want to go now?”

“Yeah, why not? Race you.”

Hinata smiled. “It’s good to have you back Solari-chan.”

They ran off to their normal training grounds.

They both collapsed on the ground laughing for no reason what so ever. Hinata and Solari had been training together most of the day and had skipped both breakfast and lunch.

Solari was lying on her back and turned her head to face Hinata. “It’s good to be back.”

Hinata turned and looked at Solari. “So, you’ve improved a lot.”

Solari let out a burst of laughter. “Well, hopefully. I was only gone for a month of practically non-stop training.”

Hinata stood up. “Your taijutsu has improved a lot, but what else did you do?”

Solari jumped up, remembering what Kakashi had told them to do. “Yeah as a matter of fact, there is something that I have to do today for my training. Watch this.” Solari activated her Sharingan and did the chidori twice. When she finished, she looked at Hinata.

“Sugoi!” Hinata said. “Are you going to use that in the exam?”

“Well, it’s a really dangerous jutsu. I can only use it twice a day.”

“You are going to use it though, right?”

“Not in the first round, but yeah. Honestly, I want to use it against Sasuke.” She unsheathed her katana. “And I learned how to this. I’m not a master, but I can beat Kakashi.”

Hinata looked amazed. Then Solari heard Hinata’s stomach growl.

“Let’s go get something to eat, I’m starved.” Solari said, putting the katana away.

Hinata nodded and they headed off in the direction of the village, in search of some food.

They had some dumplings and then went their separate ways. Solari walked around the village looking for anyone to talk to. She ran into Sakura, who was on her way to the hospital.

She wasn’t exactly Solari’s first choice in people to talk to, but she was bored and didn’t really care. “Hey, Sakura!” Sakura stopped and Solari ran up to her.

Sakura turned to face her. “Where have you been? Everyone has been terrified.”

A scowl fell over Solari’s face. “You’re kidding right? By ‘everyone’ do you mean you and a couple of nurses. Hokage-sama and a medic-nin from the hospital knew exactly where I was.”

“But what about Sasuke-kun?”

Solari rolled her eyes. This was exactly why she didn’t like talking to Sakura. “Sasuke was with me. Jeez, do you ever think of anything else?”

Sakura, obviously angry, turned on her heel and headed off towards the hospital.

Solari quickly become bored again, and decided that it would be fun to push Sakura’s buttons a little longer. She ran up to Sakura and fell in line with her steps.

“So, Sasuke isn’t in the hospital. Who else would you like to visit?”

Solari saw Sakura fighting the urge to scream. “I’ve been visiting Lee-kun every day this month. Plus I heard that Naruto and Choji are in the hospital as well.”

“Naruto, so you like Naruto now?”

To Solari’s delight, Sakura finally burst. “NO I DO NOT LIKE NARUTO! HE IS A HUGE PAIN AND I DON’T KNOW WHY WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!” She threw a punch, which Solari stopped lazily with one hand.

“Are you going to the hospital or not?” Solari said with a smirk.

Sakura headed off towards the hospital and Solari followed. When they got to the front door, Solari stopped.

“I’m going to visit people through windows, if I go in there I will be in huge trouble with Senshi-san.”

Sakura didn’t ask who that was. She just headed in through the front doors.

Solari jumped up to the roof and ran from window to window. It took her a while, but she finally found Lee’s room. She was startled to find Naruto, Shikamaru and Gaara in there as well. There was sand all over the sleeping Lee, and Gaara was trapped by Shikamaru’s Kagemane.

Remembering that Gaara was Sasuke’s opponent, she reached out for Sasuke mind. Sasuke?

What?

Do you still need information of Sabuku no Gaara. I’m standing here watching him get attacked by Shikamaru and Naruto.

I haven’t gotten any information yet. Think you could help me out?

Yeah sure.
Solari came up with a brilliant idea. Do you think I could send what I see and hear through this connection?

Maybe, try it.

Solari had to reach out with her hearing as well to hear what they were saying on the other side of the window. When she managed to hear what was happening in the room, she tried sending it all to Sasuke the same way she communicated. Holding the connection was difficult and she was relieved when Gai came in and interrupted what was happening. She cut off the connection with Sasuke, and then re-established it.

Did you see all of that?

Yeah I did. Thanks it helped a lot.
With that, Sasuke broke off the connection.

Solari looked around to find that the sun was beginning to set. She decided to head back and get a good rest before the exam tomorrow.

On her way back, several shinobi wished her good luck. She was ‘attacked’ by the Konohamaru corps, they gave her hugs and were asking if they could be a cool as her.

“I thought you guys liked Naruto.”

“We do,” Konohamaru said.

“But you’re still really cool,” Udon said, wiping off his nose.

“I want to be as great of a kunoichi as you one day,” Moegi said.

Solari pried them off of her. “Thanks guys, but now I need to go rest. I’m gonna win tomorrow, so I need to be ready.” She went up to her room and made herself a quick dinner out of the leftover food from her training. Then she healed her arm and went to bed.

She woke up the next morning and went to her closet. She picked out an outfit almost identical to the one she wore yesterday, but this time she added a brown jacket. She tied on her forehead protector and grabbed her katana before heading out for a quick breakfast.

She ate breakfast out and then headed for the arena. She had decided to go down early to get a layout of the area and maybe even a short warm up. She met up with Sasuke on her way there. He evidently had the same idea. When they got to the arena they found out that the only people who didn’t have that same idea as them were Shikamaru and Naruto. When Solari looked around she found that Dosu wasn’t there either.

Solari and Sasuke went to one end of the arena and began spar. It was only difficult because they didn’t want to give away anything of what they had been learning.

Shikamaru came in just as the crowd started filling the stands. He came over to the twins and they stopped.

“Have you two seen Dosu? I’m supposed to fight him, but he’s not here.”

Solari shook her head. “Iie, gomen.”

Shikamaru shrugged and they were all call over by the examiner.

“Okay, I want all of you to line up. My name is Shiranui Genma and I will be taking the place of Gekko Hayate as the proctor of this exam.” Naruto came running in panting. Genma silently indicated that he should line up with the others. “This part of the exam, as you can see, it’s taken in front of other shinobi and feudal lords. This is important because it is them who will decide if you become Chunin of not. Also, every one of you have the opportunity of becoming, or not becoming Chunin. The only thing you get by winning your match is the chance to show more of what you can do.”
The stands were now full. Genma pulled out a sheet of paper that looked like a tournament bracket.

“The lineup has changed slightly. So check it out. Then I want everyone but the people in the first match to go through that door and up into the observation area.”

‘First match: Uzumaki Naruto vs. Hyuga Neji
Second match: Uchiha Solari vs. Aburame Shino
Third match: Nara Shikamaru vs. Temari
Fourth match: Uchiha Sasuke vs. Gaara’

“It’s the order of the matches that is changed, not your opponents. Everyone who is not in the first match,” he pointed to a door on the side of the arena and they all walked through it.

When they all got up, the Third Hokage stood up. When he spoke, his voice boomed across the entire arena. “Everyone, welcome to this third stage of the Chunin exam. We ask that all of you stay here until all the matches are completed. Thank you.” He sat back down.

Genma began the match. Naruto and Neji faced each other.

“You should give up now.” Solari felt a pang of hatred. This was exactly what Neji had said to Hinata before he almost killed her.

“Yeah right!” Naruto yelled. “Don’t underestimate me! Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!” In a puff of smoke, five Narutos appeared and they all charged at Neji.

Knowing from when she would fight Hinata, Solari smiled. “You can’t take a Hyuga head on.”

Shikarmaru looked at her. “Why does that make you so happy?”

“Simple, after Naruto’s lack of reasoning skills gets him beaten by Neji, then I beat Shino and get to kill Neji. It works out perfectly.”

“What makes you think you can beat me?” Shino asked.

“I’ve done my research.” Solari turned her attention back to the match. All of Naruto’s clones were gone. It didn’t seem to stop him from trying again.

“Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!” He had created even more clones and they all surrounded Neji. They all ran at him at once. Neji spun around hitting every single Naruto and causing them to disappear in a puff of smoke.

“You can’t fool me again. I know which is the real you.” Neji ran to the outside of the huge circle and struck the Naruto that was standing away from the group in the chest. All the others disappeared in a puff of smoke and Neji smirked. Then the Naruto he had hit disappeared in a puff of smoke as well. Neji looked confused and spun around. The real Naruto was flying through the air and managed to land a punch on Neji. Naruto backed off and was panting.

“You used to much chakra on all those clones. You looked exhausted. Fortunately for me, you’re in range. I will end this quickly and give you a chance to rest.” He changed his stance. “Gentle fist style, 64 hands of Hakke.” He ran at Naruto and began hitting him in certain spots of the body.

“What is he doing?” Shikamaru asked.

“Amazing, he’s hitting all of that kid’s chakra opening points,” Temari said, equally amazed.

By the time the attack was over, Naruto had collapsed to the ground.

“I have now hit all of you main chakra points and completely stopped you flow of chakra. You’re lucky to still be breathing.” Naruto shifted a little. “Don’t try to get up. Proctor, this match is over.”

Naruto stood up, blood was trickling from his mouth and he was clearly struggling. “I told you not to underestimate me.” His appearance began to change. All his wounds healed and Naruto’s eyes became red.

“What the?” Shikamaru said, leaning over the edge of the balcony.

“I’ve seen this before.” Solari remembered what she had seen before she had passed out on the bridge when they had gone to the Land of Waves. “It’s some weird chakra. I’ve only seen Naruto use it. I think it’s something only he can do.”

Naruto and Neji continued to fight. Naruto’s renewed strength seemed to unsettle Neji, but he didn’t show it when he fought. They both had out kunais, neither of them were giving up. They both ran at each other and their kunais met. They pushed against each other until their combined chakra created a small explosion between them. They both flew backwards. No one could see anything through the smoke. When it cleared there were two holes in the ground, apparently both of them had sustained equal damage.

There was movement in one of the holes. Neji pulled himself out of the hole and walked over to Naruto.

“Now it’s over,” he said to Genma.

There was a puff of smoke and Naruto disappeared.

“Kage Bunshin, man this kid just doesn’t know when to give up,” Temari said with a smirk.

The ground shook slightly and Naruto burst out of the ground, right under Neji. He punched Neji and Neji flew backwards.

Genma checked Neji and signaled for a medical team. “The winner of the first match is Uzumaki Naruto.” Naruto leaped into the air with a whoop of excitement, and went running up to the observation deck.

“Uchiha Solari and Aburame Shino come down for the next match.”

Solari jumped off the edge of the deck. She was confident and eager to fight someone other than Sasuke. As she jumped down she head Shino say, “I’ll take the stairs.” She stood in the arena with all eyes on her and waited for Shino. When he got there they faced each other, ready to fight. Solari was recalling everything she had noted from the scroll as well as what she had seen that one day they she spied on him.

“The second match, Uchiha Solari versus Aburame Shino, begin.”

Japanese:
Iie, gomen = No, sorry

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 am
Great Chapter! You really must have watched that match over and over to get what all what Neji and Naruto did.  

Ladyshion

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:49 pm
yeah i did sweatdrop i watched in in both english and japanese and read the manga.....Neji is a very hard character to come up with new lines for so i take most of his stuff directally from Kishimoto-sensei (yes I am a big enough nerd to call Manga-kas 'senesi'...but technically, that the proper term....)

oh and Ladyshion, i love your signature..did you draw that or get it off the net?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:16 am
Nice chapter. And a nice interpretation of that fight.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:01 pm
i'm still working on chapter 27, it's sooo hard......it's probably going to end up being really bad

Chapter 25: The Third Test - Part 2

Solari stood, ready to defend herself. Shino raised his arms and Solari saw bugs coming from his sleeves. All of a sudden they flew towards her. Solari ran up and sopped half-way up the wall of the arena in order to avoid the bugs.

I can’t get close to this guy. Of course I should’ve guessed. She made several hand signs down by her waist and then thought Katon! Goukakyuu no Jutsu! The huge fireball that was created took up most of the arena. Solari could see and hear Shino’s bugs burning to a crisp and dieing in the flames. When the flames cleared, Solari saw the look of horror on his face and was very satisfied.

“What’s the matter?” She shouted down to him. “I thought that the Aburames fought with bugs. So wouldn’t you be used to them dieing?”

“Not like this.” He mumbled to himself, but Solari heard it.

She smiled slightly and ran down the wall at Shino at full speed. She got around his defenses and punched him on the shoulder. Some bugs flew at her which she dodged, skidding back away from him.

Time after time Shino would send bugs after her, and time after time she would burn them to a crisp.

“You need new tricks if you are going to beat me Shino,” she yelled.

Shino made a hand sign and their surroundings changed, in fact they completely disappeared. Solari and Shino were standing in impenetrable blackness. Solari tried to move but the entire bottom half of her body was paralyzed. When she looked down there was nothing holding her.

Genjutsu! This is bad I’ve never worked with genjutsu before, damn it Kakashi I thought you said that I wouldn’t have to worry about this! She heard scratching sounds and then saw hundreds of bugs coming out of the darkness towards her. They started crawling up her legs and she could do nothing about it. As they crawled higher she felt herself losing control of more and more of her body. Finally, the bugs reached her shoulders and she could only move her head.

I‘m just going to hope that Shino doesn’t kill me, I’m helpless. She felt one of the bugs pierce her neck, the rest of the bugs dispersed and she collapsed to her hands and knees. The darkness lifted and Solari saw that Shino looked exhausted.

She struggled to her feet and felt her legs shake under her own weight. “That was interesting,” she said with a smirk, trying to look unscathed.

“The bit on you neck it real. It released poison into you body and you will be slowly paralyzed as the match goes on.”

Solari felt the back of her neck, there was a puncture would, but it was very small. “The match won’t go on if you forfeit.” She made a hand sign and said, “Kagemane no Jutsu!”

The shadow headed strait towards Shino and made contact with the shadow under his feet. Shino fought against the grip of the jutsu but Solari held on tighter. She was quickly running out of chakra and it looked like Shino was as well. Determined not to use the curse mark Solari severed the connection when she felt her chakra getting too low.

She pulled out her katana and ran at Shino. She swung the blade down on top of him but a cloud of bugs stopped the blade.

“I give up.” Shino said. “I forfeit.”

Solari lowered her blade. “You what?”

“I’m almost completely out of chakra, and if I run out these bugs won’t listen to me anymore and that would be bad. I might as well quit while I’m ahead.”

Genma looked alarmed but quickly changed his expression. “The winner of the second match is Uchiha Solari.”

There was some cheering but it took a few seconds for it to get started. Like Solari, the spectators were taken aback by the sudden end of the match. Solari headed towards a door on the side of the arena with the sign of the Konoha hospital on it. She got inside and was not surprised to find Senshi there.

“Konnichiwa Senshi-san.”

“Why am I not surprised to find you in here after your match?” Senshi asked sarcastically.

“Ha ha very funny.”

“So what are you in for this time?”

“During my fight against Shino one of his bugs bit me on the neck and Shino said that the bug’s poison would paralyze me. I guessed on my own that that wasn’t good,” she said with a smile.

Senshi proceeded to extract the poison. After a few minutes she said, “That’s the worst of it. You will be fine for your next match. At worst you might feel a little numb.”

“Right. Bye.”

“I don’t want to see you again today Solari-chan,” Senshi said laughing.

Solari left the room and went up to the balcony. Shikamaru and Temari were halfway through their own match. Shikamaru was trying to catch Temari in his own Kagemane but she kept dodging it.

“You made it harder for him,” Sasuke said when she got there. “Temari knows how that jutsu works now.”

“What do you care? I won, so that just makes me that much stronger.”

Sasuke shrugged his shoulders and continued to watch the match.

The match was very quick and it ended in Shikamaru forfeiting, just like Shino.

“The fourth and final match of the fist round, Sabuku no Gaara and Uchiha Sasuke please come down.”

Sasuke and Gaara both went down to the arena and Genma started the match.

Sand started coming out of the gourd on Gaara back and he held his hand over his eye as if he was in pain.

He said something that Solari couldn’t hear. She had pushed her hearing back so it was worse than normal in an attempt to not waste energy before her fight in round two against Naruto.

“Uh oh, this is bad. The ‘conversation’ has already started,” Temari said. “I guess this Uchiha kid must be a really big threat for it to start so early.”

“What are you talking about?” Solari asked her.

“Nothing,” she replied.

“Hey Shikamaru I just realized something. Come with me.” Naruto headed toward the stairs.

Shikamaru sighed. “Why can’t I stay here? What’s so important?”

“I have to tell Kakashi-sensei something important, about when we saw this guy in the hospital.”

Shikamaru shrugged. “What a drag, fine I’ll come.” The two of them left the balcony leaving Solari with Temari.

As soon as they were out of sight, Kankuro came up the stairs.

“Those stupid guards said that I could come up here to support you and Gaara,” he said.

“Kankuro, the ‘conversation’ already started.”

“Nani? This is bad.”

Back down in the arena Sasuke was landing punch after punch on Gaara.

“How?” Kankuro asked.

“His speed, that’s how,” Solari replied. “Sasuke is faster than the sand.”

“It looks like Gaara finally figured that out, but–”

Kankuro looked scared. “No, not now baka!”

Gaara’s sand had closed in around him forming a giant sphere. When Sasuke tried to punch it spikes came out and protected the sphere. Sasuke must’ve realized that something was going on. He turned and ran up the wall. He reached a point higher than Solari had gone, stopped, and turned around.

Solari realized what Sasuke was about to do. “Sasuke! What are you doing?” she shouted at him.

Sasuke merely looked at her and smiled. He lowered his right hand and started the chidori. One it was completely activated Sasuke ran at Gaara. His speed was building and building to the point where he was a blur. He plunged his hand into the sand and it broke through.

There was a silence that followed this odd attack. Sasuke tried to pull his hand from the sand but it wouldn’t budge.

“No way, Uchiha broke through the sand,” Temari said, astonished.

“But the fact that he even had to, Gaara shouldn’t be doing this. The last time I saw that thing I could eat for a week.”

They heard a scream from the arena. “MY BLOOD! THAT’S MY BLOOD!” It was Gaara.

The sand dropped and Sasuke pulled his arm away from Gaara. Kankuro and Temari looked up at the stands where everyone else was sitting.

“That’s the signal,” Temari said.

“But what about Gaara?” Kankuro asked.

“I don’t know. We should go down and help him.”

“Right.”

The two of them jumped down into the arena and Solari followed them. They dropped next to Gaara, supporting him. Solari landed next to Sasuke.

They have some sort of plan. And there was a signal given up in the stands. She told Sasuke.

Damn, I really wanted to finish this guy off.

Yeah well at first if thought that using the chidori was stupid, but it seems to have stopped their plan somehow.

Good.

The three sand genin jumped up and over the wall of the arena. Another sand jounin jumped from the stands and faced off with Genma.

“Are you taking orders from Orochimaru?” Genma asked the man.

“Maybe, but for now let’s just fight.”

“What about us?” Sasuke asked.

“The Chunin exam is over. If you want to make yourself useful as Konoha shinobi then Uchiha Sasuke, pursue Sabuku no Gaara and the others. Uchiha Solari, go to the academy and inform Iruka-sensei about what is going on.”

“Hai,” They both said, and headed off in their respective directions.

As Solari passed the stands she noticed that everyone but Kakashi, Gai, Sakura, and some ANBU were asleep. Then she passed by the roof to see Hokage-sama and Kazekage-sama fighting. Around them was a shield created by the Sound Four.

Orochimaru! She wanted to turn around, but she thought she should tell Iruka-sensei about the attack.

She headed off toward the academy and on the way she saw other ninja fighting more sand and sound shinobi. She ran into the academy and sprinted down the hall.

“Iruka-sensei!” She shouted bursting into the room.

Iruka looked up at her. “Yes?”

“I need to speak to you out in the hall.”

With a confused look on his face, Iruka walked out into the hall.

“What is it?” He asked as Solari shut the door.

“Outside, Konoha is being attacked by the Sand and Sound villages. In the arena, Orochimaru is fighting Hokage-sama. Shiranui Genma said that you would know what to do.”

Iruka was silent for a moment. “Please watch my class for me. I need to talk to the other senseis here about what to do. And don’t tell them what is going on, let me do that.”

“Hai.”

Solari walked into the classroom and sat down at Iruka’s desk.

“What’s going on?” someone asked.

“Nothing, Shiranui-san just needed me to tell Iruka-sensei something.”

“Is something bad going on nee-chan?” Konohamaru asked.

“No, Why?”

“There’s been this rainbow outside that’s been bugging me all day. The old man said that rainbows sometimes represented misfortune or snakes. So that’s what I’ve been thinking about all day.”

“When Iruka-sensei gets back, he should tell you.”

A few minutes later, Iruka came back in. “Everyone line up, we are having an emergency evacuation.”

“Oh yeah that’s subtle, they defiantly won’t figure out what’s going on when you say that,” Solari said sarcastically.

Ignoring her, Iruka lined the class up. “Now as we leave the school you will see some shinobi fighting, but all of your senseis will die protecting you so just stay in line and keep walking. Solari, I also want you to keep a look out, come with us.”

They all left the building, meeting up with other classes. A lot of the children looked scared and were walking in big groups with their friends. They reached shelter and all of the kids were directed into a room.

“Solari-neechan, I’m scared,” Moegi said.

“It’s okay, just stay here, you’ll be safe.” Solari stood up and went over to Iruka, Anko, and Ibiki, they all were discussing what was going on.

“Iruka-sensei, can I go back to the arena?”

“No I need you to stay here.”

“But Orochimaru is over there, I know he is, I saw the Sound Four.”

“Who?” Iruka asked. Clearly the Sound Four were not as famous as she had thought.

“The four most powerful shinobi in Otogakure. They’re Orochimaru’s assassins and body guards.”

Anko spoke up. “Orochimaru is over there?”

“Yes,” Solari said, getting slightly aggravated. “He is fighting Hokage-sama.”

“Iruka, I’ll go to the arena, and I’ll take Solari with me. Come on Solari.”
Solari and Anko left the shelter and headed toward the arena. Anko got distracted by some other shinobi and gave Solari permission to continue to the arena without her.

She got to the arena to find Kakashi and Gai talking to two ninja, Baki from the Sand and one with a hood so Solari couldn’t see their face.

“Solari go and check on Hokage-sama.”

“Yes listen to Kakashi, Solari-chan.” Solari recognized the voice of the hooded shinobi.

“Kabuto,” she said, feeling hate and fear well up inside her.

“Clever as always.” Kabuto lowered his hood. The first thing Solari noticed was that he now wore a Sound headband.

“Stop saying that! I hate it and I hate you!” She shouted at him. She threw a kunai at him. Kabuto avioded it with ease.

“Solari what’s going on?” Gai asked.

“So, do you want to tell them, or should I?” Kabuto asked.

“Tell us what Solari?” Kakashi asked.

“Nothing,” Solari said.

Kabuto smirked, he looked at her for a second and she realized what he was going to say. “Solari-chan is a Sound Genin.”

“Nani? Solari is this true?” Kakashi asked.

Solari was silent. She didn’t know what to say. Not only did she not want people to find out that way, she didn’t want people to find out at all.

Solari tried to punch Kabuto but missed by a long shot. Her vision was blurring and it took a few seconds to realize that she was crying.

“It looks like my job is done here. Ikimasho Baki.” Kabuto and Baki left.

Once they were out of sight Solari sunk down to the ground crying even harder.

Kakashi came over to her and put a hand on her back. “Solari, is that true?”

Solari shook her head. “Not anymore,” she managed to say through her tears.

“Solari, Why don’t I take you home. I see all the other shinobi retreating so it’s over.”

“But, what about Hokage-sama?”

Kakashi looked up at Gai. “Gai, go check on Hokage-sama, then come strait to the headquarters. I’ll be there with Solari, tell us what happened.”

Gai nodded, apparently putting their temporary rivalry aside, and headed off.

Kakashi led Solari out of the arena and through the village. This village was destroyed and people were injured. There were medic-nins and other ninja trying to help. Solari didn’t see any of it, she was still crying and everything was blurry.

Kakashi led her into the headquarters and into the Hokage’s office. He sat her down in a chair.

“This will be the first place Gai will look for us. We should stay here until he gets back.”

Solari nodded, wiping tears away.

“Solari, I don’t care if you used to be a Sound ninja. I won’t tell anyone, and neither will Gai. I’ve been a shinobi for a very long time, and in all that time the only ninja I’ve seen that are more loyal to Konoha than you are would be the Hokages. You are a Leaf Ninja and that is what matters. It’s who you are now, not who you used to be that counts.”

“Arigato Kakashi.”

The door opened and Gai walked in. He had a somber look on his face.

Kakashi stood up and walked over to him. “Well?” he asked.

Gai shook his head. “Orochimaru killed him. There was nothing anyone could do, they were completely blocked off.”

At these words Solari stood up and headed towards the door.

“Solari, are you okay?” Kakashi asked.

She put her hand on the door and shook her head. She opened the door and said only three words before she left. “Damn you Orochimaru.”

All the japanese in this chapter is very obvious or I have said it in other chapters, i'm not going to bother with translation....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:33 am
Wow, intense chapter. I like it. You do have some typos though. You might want to work on that.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Ladyshion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:16 pm
Nice and Intense battle sequences in this chapter. I thought Solari was going to with Sasuke to fight Gaara but instead went to the academy to tell Iruka about the current situation.  
Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games