Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:14 pm
KoRnfucius
I am also having an increasingly difficult time tolerating Christianity. I understand that everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but please, stop pushing them onto me or telling me I'm going to Hell unless I go along with your thoughts. It's annoying, and if anything, I would think that would push more people away than reel them in. I haven't noticed any other religions that do that. And as a child when I was forced to go to Sunday school I was always confused by certain things I was taught. I got yelled at and called something along the lines of "Satan's child" by pastors just for asking innocent questions like,"What about dinosaurs?" I wasn't trying to start s**t, I was 6 years old, it was just a question. I dunno. I could go on about this forever I suppose, but there's no point in that really. I just can't bring myself to believe in it or love it in any way.

You can pretty much say all of the same things about any religion, or irreligion.

Everything you accuse Christianity of I've had experiences with Islam, Judaism, Scientology, and Wicca. And most commonly, atheism. I can't even count the number of times I've been looked down on by atheists, or outright insulted by atheists for holding deist beliefs.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:39 pm
Well to be fair I was never forced into any other religions besides Christianity so that may be one reason as to why I've never had bad experiences with them. I have had unpleasant experiences with Wiccans/Pagans, but it was due to people who had almost no knowledge or false knowledge about the religion. But it wasn't the same as the type of stuff I went through at church. Nobody forced the Wiccan beliefs on me or anything like that, no one told me I was a "bad Wiccan", etc. I guess it was mostly people arguing about what the religion was, and it reminds me a lot of how Goths bash other Goths they deem posers.  

KoRnfucius

[PrInCeSs RaVeN]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:29 pm
You have a rather uninformed picture of America if you think everyone here is a Christian, let alone assuming everyone in a Goth guild is also somehow Christian.

So here's some blatant stereotyping back at you: I heard everyone in Scotland wears little plaid skirts without underwear because they're all gay druids that eat goat entrails and quietly s**t out the pennies they hid from the tax man.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:24 am
I'm an agnostic christian, meaning that I really don't want to associate myself with other Christians, but I do believe in Jesus... I just don't think Jesus is what everyone thinks he is. I think he really IS the type who might marry a prostitute, because he's not judgemental like most christians out there.

I kinda believe in Jesus but I don't believe in God. It's very complicated. But yeah, I guess I'm not really a Christian. It depends on who's asking.  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:25 am
GilAskan
KoRnfucius
I am also having an increasingly difficult time tolerating Christianity. I understand that everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but please, stop pushing them onto me or telling me I'm going to Hell unless I go along with your thoughts. It's annoying, and if anything, I would think that would push more people away than reel them in. I haven't noticed any other religions that do that. And as a child when I was forced to go to Sunday school I was always confused by certain things I was taught. I got yelled at and called something along the lines of "Satan's child" by pastors just for asking innocent questions like,"What about dinosaurs?" I wasn't trying to start s**t, I was 6 years old, it was just a question. I dunno. I could go on about this forever I suppose, but there's no point in that really. I just can't bring myself to believe in it or love it in any way.

You can pretty much say all of the same things about any religion, or irreligion.

Everything you accuse Christianity of I've had experiences with Islam, Judaism, Scientology, and Wicca. And most commonly, atheism. I can't even count the number of times I've been looked down on by atheists, or outright insulted by atheists for holding deist beliefs.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:54 am
NikiPaprika
Now, this has got to be one of my most offensive posts I have ever made, and even then I'm such a wuss I am going to apologize in advance for I hate not getting along with others, and since I have always been a good little girl on gaia I've not once been flamed nor do I wish to be flamed.

sweatdrop

Now, here's my little rant. n__n;

I have noticed that a majority of people in this guild are christian. Hey, no skin off my back, I don't care what people believe in. There are all different kinds of religion out there. BUT, it's strange how many people in this guild have been very agitated with the fact that people relate goth to satanism, and every one gets on their high horse about that link because they are christians, but other christians (i.e. the whole 'God hates goth', 'parents against goths!' thing) are against them.

I have noticed since I have gotten older that I am beginning to hate christianity more and more, and I can't deny it. I try to be open minded and civil towards the whole concept of christianity, but I have always instinctively and naturally always turned my back against it, and it is the only religion (asides Islam...i think...) that makes me really want to spit. I'm quite a relaxed person, but even the thought of God makes me tense put and throw out a fist (which usually ends in my best friends face by accident o_O; ). I have no idea why I do, although I think it must come from the nurture of my father. Even though my mum and dad separated when I was young, I have always been closer to my dad (although I live with my mum), and my dad is not a satanist, but is, however, obsessed with anything to do with the devil. He will have ANYTHING with SATAN or DEVIL labelled on it. I am probably 90% like my dad (the 10% being I'm a girl xD) and I dunno...maybe that's got something to do with it, because I to am in love anything dark and involves satan.

Blah, I happen to be rambling again. Anyways, yes. I have always felt like an anti-christ. I have tried to say I'm an athiest, but I just cannot deny that feeling of pure demonic hatred I have whenever God is mentioned. If I were truly an atheist, it wouldn't bother me. So I don't know myself why it bothers me so.

Another ingredient to it could be that I come from Scotland. You see, I have heard so many stories out in america. Freedom of speech? Where the ******** did that go if you're not christian?? If you're a jew out in america, boy are you in trouble! Even bisexuals are too scared to come out because all of their family is christian. And these are all stories I've been told by friends. Over in Scotland, even in school, we have a multicultural policy. It is mainly to tackle any racism that happens within school, but it also means that people get their own veiw and beliefs without people preaching about God every sunday to them. Since I always have grown up in the open-minded multicultural environment, I certainly have developed my own beliefs, and hell, even the other day our English teacher asked randomly 'Who believes in god?' and there were only one or two who put their hands up. She then asked 'Why is that?' and many people replied that it was because they were either unsure or just did not believe in it at all. Does anybody give a monkey's backside out here? Nope. None. Christian, Jew, Atheist, whatever. In scotland, there is NO ONE better than the other.

Anyways, getting to the point (if anyone has actually bothered to read thus far), I wanted to know if there were others who possibly felt the same way, the whole feeling of being an Anti-christ outcast, or if I am truly just a very sad strange ginger lesbian with no life than to share problems with others across the pond. gonk

Oh, and FYI, before I get shouted at, I do not mean I hate CHRISTIANS becuase I am friends with a couple. I just don't like Christianity.

-gasps for breath-[/rant]

I used to feel like that, my first school was a christian one, where we would say the lords prayer everyday and sing hyms ect. But then i went through puberty and became bitter, twisted and depressed lol. I soon realised that all religion was a creation of man, and none of them were to be beleived in. I gained a love for all things death related, satan related ect. Not because i am a satanist, or because i am evil, but because i liked the style lol. I am quite a nice person, and follow what is closet to a buhdist lifestyle (only i ******** and drink and smoke ect).

It's strange though as seemingly nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all, the idea of god.

One of my best friends is a christian, but would never even consider preaching his beleifs, or shuning someone for not sharing them. I have learned to accept all religion, and love to hear people talk about it, as i know i don't know everything, i find it an educational experience. Hell, i will even talk to jehova's witnesses when they come to the door, so i can gain a better understand as to why people hate them so much lol.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, hate is pointless, open your mind and your heart, but question everything before it takes your brain. wahmbulance  

ElBristow

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 am
To me organised religion is like a key to a door, some people will need a key in order to get through the door whereas others take a different approach. I personally love the fact that people believe I am nothing more than a goth who is evil to the root and would scare off kids because heck its funny to see people who claim they are christain, pagan, agnostic and so on simply throw all their beliefs out the window for me.
Hypocrisy is so funny to me. All religions posess a common belief which is simply to love others like you would want to be loved and to me thats a pretty obvious thing in life hahaha so when someone slags me.... I laugh knowing they are soooooo shallow.

So one last thing;
Anyone in this guild who immediately hates someone for what they believe in is only being a hypocrite. Everyone here knows what its like to be insulted by shallow fools cuz of the music you listen to or the way you dress so why would you be one of those fools and insult someone for what they believe? I think you should judge me for my character, look inside my soul, think of what it might be like to me, live my life, and if you do all these things and hate me then I guess I cant blame you ^^ just dont hide your judgement of me behind some label that would put me in with a distinct group of people. I am unique, so are you. You wonder why genres get so subcategorised? Its because none of us are the same.
Note: I do not hate any of you, yes my beliefs are different and may conflict with yours but I am not conflicting with you so to speak.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 pm
Im a pretty big heretic. Pretty basic huh?

xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:04 pm
I'm not Christian but i believe in God.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:01 pm
xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx
Im a pretty big heretic. Pretty basic huh?

Wha?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Kaydienne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:43 am
When I was a child I had Christianity forced on me by my grandparents who would take me to church with them every time I would go spend the night. We are talking elementary school years here. However I never really believed in it. In my teens I chose another path which was Wicca and I believed very much in it until life does as it will and makes a fine mess of things in which I turned away from it and became agnostic.

All I can say is me personally I don't care if someone is a Christian, Wiccian, Jewish, Catholic, or even a Satanist as long as their religion is not forced upon me. I am who I am and that isn't likely to change it hasn't changed in ten years since I was fifteen. A great deal of my lifestyle most religions would consider me already doomed to hell if i don't repent. I am content with being agnostic, i am content with being a goth, and i am content with being a lesbian and if someone who follows a religion has a problem with it either accept that I don't want to change or leave me the hell alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:45 am
I'm a Pagan.
Plain and simple.

My family's backround is full of witches and magick,
And I abide by that.
It'd be difficult to be a gothic witch,
And be Christian, no?

But, yeah.
I've lost many of friends to Christianity.
Therefore I highly dislike it.
Along with that and it's hilarious rules.
I'm a Transsexual, and I'm a Pansexual.
The bible says girls can't pretend to be guys.
Bam. Strike one.
It says that man must lay with woman.
Strike two.
It says that those who drink blood are turned away from God.
Bam. I just landed on Satan's lap.
Much more comfy than the Christian religion,
I must say.

Draining Deadly Rainbows

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:15 pm
I believe in multiple things in multiple religions. I'm pretty open minded but no way do I follow everything. It's just that I choose what to believe, not because of what anyone or any book tells me. I just choose everything for myself.
I was raised Christan so that's a good basis but it doesn't seem to settle with most people that I'm also Bi and am into magic and various other things.

I actually hate many things of Christianity, especially the over judgmental egotistical followers who are out to convert everyone, or at least ultimately insult them and tell them they're wrong (in NO WAY am I saying all Christians are this way, I only don't like the bad ones). So I don't blame anyone who dislikes them because so do I.
To deal with it I don't get angry or anything though. I just use everything they say against them and since I know what they're talking about more than they do they're always pissed that I use their own religion against them xD It's quite fun! I love showing them how little they know and what horrible people they are to others.

It's better when you just shrug things off and have fun with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:07 am
Draining Deadly Rainbows
But, yeah.
I've lost many of friends to Christianity.

It's not a disease you know.

neutral

You saying "I've lost friends to Christianity" is no better than a hard-right Christian saying "I've lost friends to homosexuality".

Draining Deadly Rainbows
Along with that and it's hilarious rules.
I'm a Transsexual, and I'm a Pansexual.
The bible says girls can't pretend to be guys.
Bam. Strike one.
It says that man must lay with woman.
Strike two.
It says that those who drink blood are turned away from God.
Bam. I just landed on Satan's lap.
Much more comfy than the Christian religion,
I must say.

CHristianity, like all religions, is fairly interpretive. Some Christian sects are very liberal, some very conservative. Some sects of paganism are very liberal, some are very conservative.

Believe it or not, I've encountered some rabidly homophobic pagan groups, fascist pagan groups, racist pagan groups, and sexist pagan groups.

You can't make absolutes about religions as broad as "Christianity" or "Paganism".  

GilAskan
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas