Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:17 pm
>wearing silver is fun and it looks good
>black keeps you warmer in the winter
>i can't wear a cross........ I'm jewish
>standing out in a crowd so your friends can find you easily
>being ok with the fact you're gonna die someday helps ease the worrying
>i don't care what i'm doing the next day, I don't have to plan for anything ^.^
>yea being left alone is fun

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:43 am
Every thing about it is great from clothing to music
but most of all the people, so open minded and intellectual (a rarity in todays society, im sure you will agree).  

Shadowed Intent

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:26 pm
- its alright to be a girlie guy, even a good thing and you dont have to be gay to act alittle

- people who could easily beat you up run away screaming nonsensically

- people remember you

- your expected to be artsie

- you get to dress weird

- no gender stereotypes

- you can think on the same level as the really smart druggies without needing any drugs  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:34 pm

-People get scared and leave you alone if you say something about magic, fantastical creatures, or how your a vampire/werewolf/other cool creature, even if your not.

-Little kids looking scared but still asking you if your in a Halloween costume, then complementing your skirt and your stockings.

-Being able to pull off carrying a parasol, even on a cloudy day.

-Being able to have an intelligent conversation with AT LEAST one of your friends.

-Your expected to be educated

-People in your group are usually very open minded and accepting of other ways of life

-Your group consists of different kinds of people, music tastes, clothing styles, etc.

-Halloween. Enough Said.

-Your never confined to only one style.

-If you take your makeup off and wear some "normal" clothes, your totally incognito.

lilithtrescot

bonitachocolat

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:31 pm
Freedom Fire
~ Sweat stains don't show up on black clothing nearly as much as they do on lighter colors.
~ I'm always prepared for a funeral, in case I ever have to go to one (hopefully not anytime soon, though).
~ people are always surprised when I say something smart (they usually associate people like me with being slackoff stoners who don't give a crap about school).
~ when it comes time to do my stage makeup for school plays, I know exactly what I'm doing, especially with eyeliner, which most people need help with.
~ most guys in my school don't hit on me, my clothes and eye makeup usally scare them away.
~ my boyfriend happens to find goth girls very hot heart

Fist up for the "Most guys in my school don't hit on me" point!! I want to be bothered about boys anyway and the ones in my school are hideous!  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 pm
- Being apart of a subculture where it is not uncommon (for the most part) to find intelligent people.

- Being apart of a subculture where intelligence is (for the most part) required.

- Having taste in a genre of music that is undeniably good music. Period.

- Being apart of a subculture where creativity and a DIY ethic is encouraged.

- The extreme variety of people you find in the subculture.

- Never being out of style.  

Ms Dahl

x_apathyslastkiss

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 pm
The music. heart
As far as I'm concerned that's the only thing that really makes me goth.
What I listen to.

:3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:40 pm
Just one thing, Privacy.  

Lifesucks411

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 pm
Lifesucks411
Just one thing, Privacy.
What? Being goth makes people not want to stare at you getting dressed through your bedroom window?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:49 am
ONE... I don't have combat boots (really wish i did tho) because its WAAYYYY too hot where I live for 'em. I do love my mandalls tho smile (man sandals)

TWO... I don't have a parasol because... I just don't. I think they're weird. I do love hoodies and jackets though. I wear them even in the summer and people don't really care (except for my mom)!

THREE... Having the awesome knowingness that no one is going to fight you because you are either totally scary or you have the BEST FREAKING FRIENDS IN THE SCHOOL!!!

FOUR... You can hang out with whoever you want, whenever you want.

FIVE... You get strange looks a lot and I like to just laugh at them. Seriously. Have you ever noticed how hilariously scrunched up someone's face gets when you're doing something 'out of the ordinary'?

SIX... Getting to hang out with totally smart people (if they want to be) and/or totally stupid people (if they want to be).

SEVEN... Our whole identity is who we want to be and who we are. None of this carbon copies of models s**t.

truths untold

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:07 pm
good permanent black hair dye is cheap  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:09 pm
x_apathyslastkiss
The music. heart
As far as I'm concerned that's the only thing that really makes me goth.
What I listen to.

:3
You have no idea how much respect I have for you. 3nodding  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 pm
User Image

Getting to giggle at little old ladies staring at me in horror when your only 13 ^-^ og and being able to make no one under stand me by speeking shakespearinly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:07 pm
- When out clubbing, it dosn't matter if you can't dance. Barely anyone at goth clubs dance well, so it sort of turns into being more about having fun than trying to look good!

- Goth clubs (at least around here) aren't really known for rapes, fights, and that sort of thing. It isn't any reason to discard common sense about clubbing safety, but overall goth clubs just seem much safer than most normal clubs.

- You don't need to change your wardrobe every six months in order to keep up with trends.

- Most people in the scene are just so friendly! They don't seem to care much about if you're a newbie or an eldergoth, wether you're 18 or 48, they just seem happy to socialize with everyone.  

DreamerSpirit

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 pm
Yeah, not having to do an emergency wardrobe update every time the bigshot fashion designers decide that all your clothes have gone out of style is pretty awesome.

Always having ideas for costuming for school plays was always a plus, too.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff