Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 pm
Eskevar Fire Cross
Idun scrambled down the tree after him. Pointing out on her way down, " My voice doesn't squeak, I'm a GIRL. See you don't even know the difference, you're hopeless without me. You would too eat squirrels if you got hungry enough." Dropping to the forest floor beside him she took his hand and began dragging him in the desired direction. " Come on! Live a little, it's your coming of age trip after all you only experience it once. What sort of coming of age trip would it be if you didn't go on some adventures. Besides," she said still dragging, " Nibelheim isn't THAT out of the way. How long could it take? A week, two weeks? A drop in the bucket if you look at in scope of your life." She said persevering in her fast talking as she drug.

"I KNOW that!" Kentri snorted back, "but your BROTHER'S voice still cracks and he's 24! And squirells are terrible eating! And far too talkative besides!" Then she grabbed his arm and it was all poor Kentri could do to keep on his feet. Hobbling along behind his younger cousin. "Wait, I don't... want to go... two weeks ... out... of ... the ... way!" He gasped, struggling to keep up with Idun's pace, it was kinda strange to Kentri, he could fly for hours with seeming unlimited stamina, but if forced to run or jog he'd start running out of breath in no time, already his lame leg was twinging in pain. "I CAN'T... RUN.... THAT FAST!!" He finally shreiked, tugging futily at his wrist wrapped in Idun's powerful grip.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:26 pm
Idun, seeing she had carried her point slackened her pace but not her grip. "Come on I doubt it will be really two weeks..." She looked at him with a gleam in her eye, " That is if we flew. Frai's voice does not crack anymore," she added defensively. " Well... at least not unless he's really angry." Although she had slackened her pace she still led inexorably in the direction of Nibelheim. " Hmm, I wounder if you could fly me?" she said speculatively. "If we went to Nibelheim quickly... maybe, just maybe I might go home," she said in a wheedling tone of voice. " I'm not that heavy, I'm only about ninety pounds you know....."  

Eskevar Fire Cross

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:37 pm
Gulping breath with notable releif Kentri paused only to stare incredulously at Idun, "I can't Fly You!" He snapped impatiently, "I'm not Gafnir! I'm not nearly big enough to carry someone like you!!" Which was true, unlike Idun's uncle Gafnir who had reached an impressive height of 6'3" Kentri was not very muscular, and was a litteral foot shorter than the sport-driven adult Tuefel. Yet despite his protests Kentri found himself eyeing the tall trees and a particularly tall mountainous range in the distance.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:54 pm
Ermak Lorde
Gulping breath with notable releif Kentri paused only to stare incredulously at Idun, "I can't Fly You!" He snapped impatiently, "I'm not Gafnir! I'm not nearly big enough to carry someone like you!!" Which was true, unlike Idun's uncle Gafnir who had reached an impressive height of 6'3" Kentri was not very muscular, and was a litteral foot shorter than the sport-driven adult Tuefel. Yet despite his protests Kentri found himself eyeing the tall trees and a particularly tall mountainous range in the distance.

As if reading his thoughts Idun broke in," There would be no harm in trying right? We could start from a tree, then it would be easier to get thrust right?" Without waiting for an affirmative Idun scrambled up a nearby and particularly tall tree. As she climbed she called back to Silleo, " Come on Silleo! We can at least try! You're really strong so don't give me any of that, 'I can't' nonesense."

Eskevar Fire Cross

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 pm
Kentri gawked at her, sizing up the tree with an experienced eye, "No way! That wouldn't work anyways! there are way too many branches in the way to get a proper launch there! Particularly with a passenger!" He huffed, his gaze once again traveled to the mountains, Sure enough there was a smaller mountainous hill closer to the range, in his calculating mind he estimated that he could get some really good lift from the sheerest side of the rise, it was that sort of area that had good thermals. "You'd have to try from some place more... open..." He muttered, still unwittingly eyeing the large rocky hill.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm
Idun paused in her tree climbing venture. She made a face.... yes perhaps the tree wouldn't be best. She cast her eyes about from her perch and spotted a particularly high hill with a rather sheer side. That might work, it was definitely more open at least.

" How about that hill?" she asked as she descended the tree. "It looks open enough and pretty high," she said as she thumped to earth next to Kentri. She stood appraising a moment and then decided. " Let's try it!" With that she began dragging the reluctant Kentri toward the hill.

Eskevar Fire Cross

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm
"Oh! Wait!!" Kentri cried as he was dragged inexorably towards the hill, "I'm STILL not strong enough to carry you!!" He wasn't struggling as much against her hold, simply trying to keep up was hard enough, "This isn't a good idea.... I think..." But by then they'd reached the top of the incline, and Kentri soon discovered it wasn't just a hill. He'd apparently been traveling in a vaughly upwards direction during his travels and now gazed at a much deeper gully than he had imagined. Sure enough the wind rising from the cliffs was warm and strong, but he paled at the distance below him. He thought he might have vaughly been able to make out some sort of discoloration off to the right down the valley-ish thing, and the mountains on the other side of the gully before him rose imposingly into the sky, He must have already been near the nibel area to have come across something like this. "Whoa...." He breathed, gazing over the open expanse.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 pm
When they had reached the hill Idun leaned over looking down into the canyon. With child like delight she picked up a pebble and dropped it watching with fascination as it plummeted. She turned back to Kentri smiling hugely. "This is perfect Silleo! Much better idea than the tree, why there is even warm updrafts and all. If there is something like this, we can't be that farm from Nibelheim!" She looked out at the horizon which was clustered with high peaks excitedly. Lost in contemplation of the climbs she could indulge in she did not notice the ground below her give, subtly at first and then more rapidly. She noticed when she started to lose her balance. Idun wobbled and tried to hop back to safer ground bit it was too late the force exerted by her jump caused the patch of ground to crumble away entirely. Her jump was too clumsy and she would never reach the safe ground. Her eyes widened as she looked at Kentri and started to fall into the deep chasm.

" SILLEO!" she screamed falling backwards.

Eskevar Fire Cross

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 pm
Kentri had been mildly distracted by the veiw, as a winged creature it tugged at his delight for flying to stand at the precipice of such a drop. But his attention snapped back to his cousin when she screamed, He didn't even think, in an instant he dove over the edge throwing himself downward with practiced ease, He practically slammed into her wrapping his slender arms around her own lean body and then snapping his impressive Fifteen foot wingspan open to the harsh updrafts, he let out a gasp as the winds pulled feircely, straining he forced his feathered limbs in a powerful downward beat, his muscles screamed in protest, had it not been for his inborn unusual strength this would have been impossible, his focus narrowed. Up, down, up, down, he pumped his wings furiously, gasping at the strain of trying to lift himself and Idun, as small as she was he was barely any bigger. Up, down, up, down, up, down... But no matter how hard he tried they were still falling... much slower now due to his efforts but their descent showed no signs of ceasing. "... I'm NOT... Strong ENOUGH!!" He gasped as his face turned red with the strain. They were too low to make it to the other side of the chasm, Kentri wing-turned harshly, staggering with the imballance of Idun's form. heading towards the 'discoloration' he'd spotted earlier, it now seemed to be some sort of town... a small one... "You wanted Nibelheim right?" He snarled through his teeth, "We're gonna fall on it!!"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:40 pm
Ermak Lorde
Kentri had been mildly distracted by the veiw, as a winged creature it tugged at his delight for flying to stand at the precipice of such a drop. But his attention snapped back to his cousin when she screamed, He didn't even think, in an instant he dove over the edge throwing himself downward with practiced ease, He practically slammed into her wrapping his slender arms around her own lean body and then snapping his impressive Fifteen foot wingspan open to the harsh updrafts, he let out a gasp as the winds pulled feircely, straining he forced his feathered limbs in a powerful downward beat, his muscles screamed in protest, had it not been for his inborn unusual strength this would have been impossible, his focus narrowed. Up, down, up, down, he pumped his wings furiously, gasping at the strain of trying to lift himself and Idun, as small as she was he was barely any bigger. Up, down, up, down, up, down... But no matter how hard he tried they were still falling... much slower now due to his efforts but their descent showed no signs of ceasing. "... I'm NOT... Strong ENOUGH!!" He gasped as his face turned red with the strain. They were too low to make it to the other side of the chasm, Kentri wing-turned harshly, staggering with the imballance of Idun's form. heading towards the 'discoloration' he'd spotted earlier, it now seemed to be some sort of town... a small one... "You wanted Nibelheim right?" He snarled through his teeth, "We're gonna fall on it!!"

Idun was paralyzed with fear. She watched in awe as her cousin leap into the chasm spreading his wings. Oddly she noticed the sun reflecting off his speckled wings with startling clarity. She noticed the flow of his cloak the way the feathers twirled in the breeze. Tears gathered in her eyes, she was going to die, but at least her last vision would be something beautiful (not that she would have admitted that to anyone if it were not her final moments on this mortal coil). Time seemed to compress as if she had been falling for hours, the weightless feel was oddly comforting.

With a sharp pain the vision shattered. Air rushed from her lungs as Kentri's arms circled her midsection and he rocketed up as he spread his wings in the stiff updraft. She panted painfully trying to recover her breath, barely noticing Kentri's snarled words. She looked down dizzily as the ground grew closer. Something was wrong... shouldn't they be going up? The thoughts squeezed into her traumatized mind. Then she felt wet on her face.... it was raining? In moments it went from a sprinkle here and there to a down pour. The drops slashing her face brought her back to full mental capacity.

" We're going to crash!" she yelled into the howling wind.

Eskevar Fire Cross

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:50 pm
"I just said that!!" Kentri screamed in reply, he'd noticed rather quickly that they had litterally flown into a storm, it had seemed no more than some grey clouds from his original vantage point, but the low hovering storm clouds now tore relentlessly at his delicate wings. He gasped painfully, he was starting to see spots before his eyes as he strained against the horrendous force of the winds. His gaze darted about frantically, but the terrain below him was all rocks and dirt, nothing he could try to aim towards that wouldn't tear him and Idun both to ribbons, Then suddenly he spotted an open doorway, someone must have forgotten to close it in their haste, the light streamed forth from it, and in Kentri's dazed mind it seemed the best landing place yet. At least if they broke all their bones there was the slim chance that at least Idun would get help. Kentri was certain he'd just be left to die like a monster... his great Aunt told horror stories about things like that. "Don't Die Idun..." He whispered, his voice stolen quickly but the gusting fury of the storm. The next moment he tossed both of them through the doorway, Idun more litterally, as she tumbled bodily into the room. Kentri's wings snagged painfully against the door frame, despite his attempt to close them. They were numb from the wet and cold and he skidded like a sac of potatoes through the opening and fortunately for him (unfortunately for the man in question) straight into Sujuka. His path was vaughly cushioned, and he noted with strange clarity that Idun had crashed ironically into a couch. For himself he could barely move, his muscles twitching from the abuse and his breath wheezing painfully from his burning lungs.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 am
Morhighan heard the loud crash as a gust of cold air blasted into the kitchen.
The door was rickedy and prone to blowing open, and she hoped it hadn't fallen and crashed on Sujuka.
She looked around the corner.
"What in the name of Jen--" she was cut off suddenly by her own surprise.
A ragged pair of people had crashed Sujuka and themselves into on of her couches.
She noticed that one had wings and hurriedly shut the door, instinctively locking it from prying eyes.
she neared nervously, checking over the thwo new guests.
"I'll be right back," She muttered, and ran off into one of the back rooms to the upstairs bedrooms.
It was a really good thing she had some extra bedrooms she noted while grabbing a pile of blankets.
She marched back down stairs.
"You winged people." She said, sniffing slightly. "Are always giving me problems, aren't you?"
She tossed over the blankets.
"So, do we have an explanation for the sudden invasion into my house?" She said, smirking though her tone was serious.

MysteryCorgi

Generous Entrepreneur

Eskevar Fire Cross

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 am
Morgana13
Morhighan heard the loud crash as a gust of cold air blasted into the kitchen.
The door was rickedy and prone to blowing open, and she hoped it hadn't fallen and crashed on Sujuka.
She looked around the corner.
"What in the name of Jen--" she was cut off suddenly by her own surprise.
A ragged pair of people had crashed Sujuka and themselves into on of her couches.
She noticed that one had wings and hurriedly shut the door, instinctively locking it from prying eyes.
she neared nervously, checking over the thwo new guests.
"I'll be right back," She muttered, and ran off into one of the back rooms to the upstairs bedrooms.
It was a really good thing she had some extra bedrooms she noted while grabbing a pile of blankets.
She marched back down stairs.
"You winged people." She said, sniffing slightly. "Are always giving me problems, aren't you?"
She tossed over the blankets.
"So, do we have an explanation for the sudden invasion into my house?" She said, smirking though her tone was serious.

Idun groaned someone was talking to her, she couldn't make out the words. The last thing she remembered was careening lower and lower to the ground and then a crash, she must have blacked out.... It all came rushing back in a torrent, she fell, Kentri rescued her.... and then.

" Silleo!" she sat bolt upright and looked around herself dazzedly trying to locate her cousin. She saw him crumpled over someone else. She frantically tried to get up but the wooziness got the better of her and she just flopped back onto the couch and moaned. She glanced around at ther surroundings and then to the person who had spoken. She seemed.... well rather calm for two strange people having crashed into her house (one with wings).

The woman asked for an explanation but Idun was still too worried about Kentri. " My cousin, is my cousin all right?" she asked tragically her grey eyes shining with unshead tears. She tried to get up again this time, more slowly and made her way over to Silleo. Puting out a hand she shook him gingerly, and stroked his wings trying, " Silleo? Silleo? Are you all right? Talk to me," she pleaded.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:41 am
Morhighan stood with a sigh.
Shock wasn't good, however unconciousness was worse.
She approached the two.
"May I?" She asked the girl, removing the girl's hand from the winged boy.
Shaking+Feinted=Bad Morhighan's thinking process reminded her.
She turned the boy slightly, carefully avoiding crushing his wings, and felt for a pulse.
"Don't worry. I've got a medical liscence. We should be able to patch him right up. Your..cousin, was it? Right-o, then." She explained to the girl.
"Let's get him onto one of the couches. It would be best if we could have him on his back, but the wings... what do you suggest?" She asked, eyeing the girl.

(I do have an actual liscence XD)  

MysteryCorgi

Generous Entrepreneur

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 pm
Exiting the airship into the area surrounding Nibelheim Cecil called out to several men riding in the ship with him "Take these crates over to the south east and to a small inn called The Pheonix Pheather and don't get a bad price the owner isn't especially reputable for his er... honesty anyway accept no less than 50 thousand for the lot" the men looked a bit worried Cecil guessed about the pay but he only kissed the closest one's hand and walked away, smiling slightly. in the direction of Nibelheim.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff