Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
do YOUR parents have a problem with twilight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquaura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:48 pm
Vampires are awesome!!! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm
my mom says it's fine that i read any book... but it's gota b age appropriate!  

aphroditeluvsu

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:33 pm
xoxall4godxox
i wish my parents were like that. no harry potter either. i just don't see why they had to get picky about the best book i've ever read! stare parents sometimes.

Gosh, I know, me too. Harry Potter is my other fave series and I barely bought it without my parents killing me. The good thing is that my parents don't know I read the Twilight series. twisted Yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm
my parents love it.  

Enhydra lutris

GoodbyexANDxSorry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:00 pm
My parents don't mind. They said as long as I don't think they actually exist they're fine with me liking vampires! XD And I don't, I'm a christian, so they don't mind! X3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 pm
nope, my parents don't have a problem with it. They pretty much let me read what i want as long as it's not so inappropriate. and as long as i keep my grades up and ect...  

Fruity_Nova

there was a silence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:47 pm
xoxall4godxox
i wish my parents were like that. no harry potter either. i just don't see why they had to get picky about the best book i've ever read! stare parents sometimes.

no harry potter?!?!

yeah.. my dad tells all his people at work that I like vampires.. I luff them!!

my mom actually really likes the books. My dad doesn't care.. neither does my mom.. half the books I read are about vampires.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:11 pm
My mom excepted long ago that I was different. When I was little, I had to have eye sugery to fix my eyes from crossing. That made reading for me very difficult because I had to re-learn how to see everything, like letters in books. Because of that, I started to hate reading because I couldn't do it. In second grade, I got help, and by the end of third grade, the teach ran out of time and reading matierial to test me with, I was reading so well. Because of that, my mom really doesn't care what I'm reading, only astonishes at the fact that, not only that I can read and love to read, but that fact that I read some six to seven hundred pages in a normal eighth-grade school week. Pluse, if it weren't for the fact that my mom can't read a book and accualy know what's about before getting bord with it, she'd probably read them too. I know I got my aunt to read them and she can't put the books down! But, then again, my aunt has this thing about rescuing and book left sitting unattened withing a ten mile radius. (I had left a copy of In the Forests of the Night sitting on the kitchen table one night and she took it into her room to read it. I finnished reading another book at about 11:45 that night and went to look for it and searched franicly until I realized that Rebecca had probably taken it into her room.)

But, yeah, my mom's only said a few things about Twilight. The first was when all I knew about it was that it was about vampires and she said, "Amazon said that it's a romance book". (At the time, I said that they mush have been wrong because it was about vampires, but that was before I'd even gotten my hands on the book to read nad before Kendall told me that she was right.)

The other times are when I keep talking and talking about them and she's like, "I really don't care about a stupid vampire love story," because I'd been talking about it nonstop for weeks.  

x~ Reyna ~x

Max 614

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:29 pm
i didnt start reading them until august and im hooked, i wished the next one(im not saying the title cause i get it mixed up with twilight(edwards pov) but i know what im talking about so yeah!) my dad doesnt say anything cause as long as i can get my 25 books in i can read whatever i want  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:40 pm
my parents are okay with it, like comeon i'm reading!  

Paris05

hysteriiaa

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:38 pm
My parents don't care and they don't even know what the book is about. Either way they're so happy I was "actually" reading. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 pm
Well, when I first got Twilight, I unwillingly let my mom look through it and she told me it was fine. The only things she doesn't like is cussing (even though there's a teeny bit of that), things that teach you about something against what religion we believe in, and sex. I dunno about the religion part. But, seeing as all my friends and both my brothers' girlfriends were obsessing about it, she wanted to read it too. I dunno if she will get around to it though. I think she trusts me enough to know that even though I like this stuff, I don't believe it's real.

rock_rox13

Fedara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 pm
As a teen librarian I talk to a lot of parents and tell them that these books are perfectly ok for teens 13 and up and in fact have let my 11 year old daughter read my copy of Twilight for her 6th grade book report. I tell parents that I am much more comfortable in recommending the books because I have read them myself. They send a much more parent friendly message than most teen books do. It's too bad books get judged on genre. stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 pm
My mom looked at Twilight when I bought it from the mall and she asked me what it was about. I said vampires and... she flipped on me.
She was like, "Don't go getting into that gothic stuff!" And she kept bringing it up.
"Why are you so GOTHIC?!"

EDWARD IS SEXY AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE APPRECIATED BY ANY AGE GROUP THAT IS ABLE TO COMPREHEND HIM!

I lovingly refer to my copy of Twilight as Edward. Completely obsessed and proud.

My parents don't know what I read and I like to leave it at that. I don't like feeling like my parents are controlling the things I read and watch on TV.  

Nahxsua

Zirumi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm
scottsman1
my parents love it.
same here. My dad is jealous of edward lol  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers