Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:46 pm
YT-1300

Manufacturer
Corellian Engineering Corporation
Length
26.7 meters
Crew
2 pilots
Weapons
One Laser Cannon

This series of Corellian light stock freighter built by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Originally designed and manufactured some 30 years before the Battle of Yavin, it was a 2-man craft, and can accommodate up to six passengers. The YT-1300 measures 26.7 meters in length, and can hold 100 metric tons of cargo. The YT-1300 is armed with a single laser cannon, but carries to defensive shielding. The main hull is disk-shaped, with two trapezoidal pods extending from the front. The cockpit is offset-mounted on the right side of the disk. The top sublight speed of a YT-1300 is around 65 MGLT. 100-SBD shields protect a 50-RU hull. One of the primary drawbacks of this model transport is the off-center cockpit placement. While the cockpit can be positioned on either the left or right side, this positioning leaves a great deal of the ship out of the pilot's view. While this is common for larger ships, the off-center placement makes it much harder to maneuver in tight spaces for many new pilots. The more skittish of these captains often install five-axis, laser-ranging pods near the front mandibles, in order to provide them realtime information about the parts of the ship they can't see. Source:Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia

The most notorious YT-1300 freighter was the Millennium Falcon, piloted by the Rebel hero Han Solo and his Wookie companion Chewbacca.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:57 pm
Found anything on a Yt-2000?  

Flamer42

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:58 pm
I love any YT... but i like the Outrider more than the Falcon...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:00 pm
I agree. The outrider just seemed to be in far better working order to me.  

Flamer42

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:02 pm
not to mention looked better... IMO... and the pilot was cooler... IMO  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:04 pm
I agree again. MJ would kill us for saying Rendar was better than Solo though...  

Flamer42

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:05 pm
But he is... And MJ doesn't understand that Solo is already getting some with Leia, so she's left out of that circle.

Rendar can stage his own death, why not try for someone with more... discreteness?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:04 pm
rendar was better than solo, and the outrider was waaaaaaaaaaaay betta then the falcon.  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:08 pm
Meh. I didn't like Shadows of the Empire very much, and I don't remember much of Rendar or his ship at all, so I'll go with Solo and the Falcon. Besides, the Falcon has Chewie... domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:16 pm
but not as fast in sublight speed. And what about the outrider's droid?

han and chewy could also be gay lovers...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:35 pm
THe Outrider had a better model...and it looked sweet awesome too

Yt-2400.= awesome

disgusting yt-1300= gross  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:08 pm
the Yt had a pair of dunble laser canons mounted on turrets both ventral and dorsal. this armament package was just barely legal by the Empire's standards. the Yt-2400 was also built with a larger than normal power core for the eventual cusomizations the owner was certain to add. add this in with shields and enhanced speed. off the lot the ship practicaly begs to be a smuggler ship. the only problem with the design is that it can't carry near the cargo amount of the Yt-1300. its desgined to be a courier vessel, or carry small valuable cargo. not for the hauler missions a Yt-1300 could handle.  

Sol Walker
Crew

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:55 am
Even thougth they were not in any of the movies i love those old repulbic ships from Kotor they look cool and has anyone else noticed that those sith ships on the game look like star destroyers i think they are called interdictor ships  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:50 pm
no the Interdictor Cruiser was not a SD  

FrozenPhoenix32

Tiderion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:21 pm
actually the interdictor cruisers were built to look like stardestroyers, the only difference was the giant spheres in the hull that were gravitational field generators. KOTOR isnt exactly canon if you prefer to use that term. it obviously is a compilation of ideas from the old SW stuff only reverse engineered to show where things we know of came from. like why is the first planet exactly the same as coruscant? because they wanted to have coruscant but not it actually be coruscant.

actually i would say rendar is the cooler of the two but solo is the more skilled. and the falcon is a crappier ship but the modifications make it better than the outrider. of course rendar's last kessel run was faster but not monitored to be recorded as the fastest. i remember reading that somewheres, ill get back to you.

rendar is like a special forces type merc where solo was just the renegade smuggler. not as cool but definately more...scoundrelish.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games