Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:48 pm
'Star Destroyer' is a common name used to describe no less than 12 different kinds of vessel. In fact, just in the line of Destroyers, there are 5 kinds of Star Destroyer: MK I, MK 2, MK 3, Tector, and Dominator.

'Super Star Destroyers' as you refer, are even more general, meaning just about anything 1.5x bigger and greater than your normal ships. Such names also stuck with the smaller ships, such as Arc Hammer.

What I was talking about were Star Dreadnaughts, an actual clasification of ships of as much as 10 km in length. No comparison to normal Destroyers other than common name and shape.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:10 pm
K-Blade
Really? never see that listing before, but I use all of my old weg books for refrance more so than the computer and we don't even touch 3rd edishen just use 2nd. I do not beleve that a Corellian Corvette can repel that Kind of fire power. anyways I'm talking size and tonage, If you want to factor in crew , any good crew will wip a** on any thing they set their minds to, rember

"It's not the box, but the man in the box that makes a diffrence in combat."-Manfred Von Ricktoven.

Bayonet Light Cruiser

Armament:
4 Dual Class-7 Turbolaser Turrets
6 Class-3 Laser Cannons
2 Tractor Beam Projectors

Length: 380m
Crew: 150

-VS-

CR90 Corellian Corvette

Armament:
2 Dual Class-5 Turbolaser Turrets
4 Class-5 Turbolasers

Length: 150m
Crew: 30-165 (Varies Greatly)

Pretty Close there... now if they're facing a CR90a, the Bayonet is screwed.

CR90a Corellian Corvette

Armament:
10 Dual Class-5 Turbolaser Turrets
2 Concussion Missile Launchers

Length: 150m
Crew: 46  

stellarmagic

K-Blade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 pm
Wow never see states like that before, ware did you pull them from? This is what I’m used to;

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems Bayonet-Class
Type: Light Cruiser
Scale: Capital
Length: 200 meters
Skill: Capital ship piloting: Bayonet
Crew: 120, gunners: 30, skeleton 40/+10
Crew Skill: Astrogation 5D, capital ship gunnery 4D, capital ship piloting 4D+1, capital ship shields 4D, sensors 4D+1
Passengers: 48 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 3,500 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Cost: 5 million credits (new) 2.3 million (used)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x10
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 175; 500 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 2D+2
Sensors:
Passive: 40/1D
Scan: 80/3D
Search: 160/4D
Focus: 6/3D+2
Weapons:
8 Heavy Turbolasers
Fire Arc: 2 front, 3 left, 3 right
Crew: 2
Skill: Capital ship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150 km
Damage: 7D
6 Laser Cannons
Fire Arc: 2 front, 2 left, 2 right
Crew: 1
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 2-10/30/60 km
Damage: 2D
2 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: 2 front
Crew: 4
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-5/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 2-10/30/60 km
Damage: 4D

Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation Corvette
Type: Mid-sized multi-purpose vessel
Scale: Capital
Length: 150 meters
Skill: Capital ship piloting: Corellian Corvette
Crew: 30 to 165, depending on configuration
Crew Skill: Astrogation 3D, capital ship gunnery 4D+1, capital ship piloting 3D+2, capital ship shields 3D, sensors 3D+1
Passengers: Up to 600, depending on configuration
Cargo Capacity: 3,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Cost: 3.5 million (new) 1.5 million (used)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: No
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 40/1D
Scan: 80/2D
Search: 100/3D
Focus: 5/4D
Weapons:
6 Double Turbolasers Cannons
Fire Arc: 3 front, 1 left, 1 right, 1 back
Crew: 1 (3), 3 (3)
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150 km
Damage: 4D+2  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:20 pm
Thats a WEG D6 Stat Block isn't it...

I'm using a system that something of a compilation of D20, D6, X-wing Stats, and canon observation that was pioneered by EvilleJedi... creator of the Warlords Mod.

Check this site out if you want to look at a nearly complete list of the Star Wars Ships.
Warlord's Ship Index  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:44 pm
Chill stellar. Not everyone believes in the power of blueprints and statistics to make decisions on efficency.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:47 pm
I've used the Bayonet in Warlords... It's alright, but the Assassin Corvette does seem to outclass it in most roles.

Blueprints and stuff can give you some clues... but until you use them, you don't know for sure.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:49 am
If simulations based on the capabilities of ships were all it took to win battles, then by all means Taffy 3 should not have been able to beat back the Yamato and its support fleet.

The Sentinent lifeform factor makes even the greatest battleship unsafe even from the smallest fighter.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 pm
Yes that is the old D6 2nd Edition ship stats from ‘The Star Wars Planets Collection’ and ‘The Star Wars Roleplaying Game’ books by West End Games. My pals and myself have been playing sense 1st Edition an there’s not much change from the two but when they put out 3rd Ed the amount of changes didn’t indices us to switch over as we weren’t really impressed with 3rd Ed D&D. As some people still get stuck on Statistics and blueprints, especially when that’s what they’ve been using for awhile.
An intestine hy-bred of gamming systems, some of them aren’t familiar to me; I’ll have to get the site we use from my bro so you can check it out if you want. That will be in a latter post. Using the stats I’ve listed above you’d have to heavily modify a corvette toe go toe with the bayonet, but each to their own.
Agreed, the little jeep carries had on business in the same ocean as that 72,000+ ton monster, it’s a shame they we’re kamikazed shortly after turning back Admiral ‘Fuchita’s?’ (I don’t remember off hand sorry) tack force.
Life is often unpredictable.  

K-Blade

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:28 am
Best ship ever built.... Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. Fetts flew it, and so did the asteroid officers of Oovo IV before it was blown up. Very neat ship. Heres the schematics: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:SlaveI_egvv.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:32 am
Not really the best ship ever.
There are faster ones, tougher ones, better armed ones, and better looking ones, all withing the same general category of light transports.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 am
You know if Slave I was that good... Why would Fett have bought Slave II, let alone Slave III and Slave IV.

If I was Fett I'd have grabbed a Skipray Blastboat... those things are sweet!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am
Skiprays are strictly military.
Fett's job required a low profile.
Besides, the ship was his dad's. He wasnt likely to just sell it and get a new one.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:42 am
They're also used by police forces... much like the Purser that Fett had for Slave II.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 pm
Not to mention, he bought slave II because Slave I was undergoing repairs and he didn't have the time nor the crediblity to get it out under the table.

Out of all his ships, Fett still loved the Slave I, and according to my essential guide to vehicles, he ditched his other Slave ships for Slave I unless something specific forced him otherwise. With all the cloaking and sensor suites and hidden weapons areas on that thing, the b***h must have been like the Millenium Falcon of patrol ships...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games