Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rukin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm
shoki_de_nai
This week has not gotten off to a good start. Yesterday I was told that I am a below average writer, getting a C- on my midterm in literature. Thing is, English and writing have always been my best subjects and my scores are always way above average. Kind of...a huge blow to my confidence and ego.

Today I spent about five hours in the Hospital's Emergency ward, having taken my step-father in because of excruciating pain. I left after five hours to get some work hours in when my mother came to relieve me. Turns out he has a hernia. Longest day ever. Sore a** from sitting around doing nothing but wait all day.

Also, what's up with members/former members of the AFG becoming furry drama-centers and leaving the internets lately?

Wow your day did suck. Sorry to hear that. Glad your father is going to be okay though and that it wasn't something more serious. I know how awful hospitals are and they never have good chairs either. gonk

Not sure what you mean about the members but I may be missing something. I'm an old member returned but nobody seems to remember me from when I did post around before as Kojozi. sweatdrop Still doing what I can to try and get people posting here again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm
Rukin

Not sure what you mean about the members but I may be missing something. I'm an old member returned but nobody seems to remember me from when I did post around before as Kojozi. sweatdrop Still doing what I can to try and get people posting here again.

Well, a little while ago it was Asphy, and now Sheol and NG (collectively) are getting lots of drama/wiping accounts. Really close together time wise, all people I met here.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:54 pm
shoki_de_nai
This week has not gotten off to a good start. Yesterday I was told that I am a below average writer, getting a C- on my midterm in literature. Thing is, English and writing have always been my best subjects and my scores are always way above average. Kind of...a huge blow to my confidence and ego.
Don't let that make you think you are a poor writer. A literature class really has nothing to do with writing skills and everything to do with mindlessly reading books, memorizing facts, and trying to vomit the crap back up on command for tests. Sadly a number of lit teachers also have rulers shoved so far up their asses you can measure their height every time they open their mouth. >__>

Lawls can you tell I have a thing against the school system?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:13 pm
Krissim Klaw
shoki_de_nai
Don't let that make you think you are a poor writer. A literature class really has nothing to do with writing skills and everything to do with mindlessly reading books, memorizing facts, and trying to vomit the crap back up on command for tests. Sadly a number of lit teachers also have rulers shoved so far up their asses you can measure their height every time they open their mouth. >__>

Lawls can you tell I have a thing against the school system?

He's also a Composition teacher and expects Comp. 2 level writing from us. Though, I did already take that class (not with him) and passed just fine. When I mentioned that MY comp teacher felt I wrote fine, his response was "Who told you that?" The class in general is difficult, as all the works are Postmodern stuff, so even though I generally breeze through literature I'm only doing average. But his criticism on my writing sort of upsets me.

It's just frustrating. Partly because my religions teacher thinks I'm too wordy, and deviate too much from the elementary-level, boring, cut-and-paste style he prefers his essays to be written. I can't win with either teacher.

I look forward to a long, well-earned break from school once I get my AA.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 pm
shoki_de_nai

He's also a Composition teacher and expects Comp. 2 level writing from us. Though, I did already take that class (not with him) and passed just fine. When I mentioned that MY comp teacher felt I wrote fine, his response was "Who told you that?" The class in general is difficult, as all the works are Postmodern stuff, so even though I generally breeze through literature I'm only doing average. But his criticism on my writing sort of upsets me.

It's just frustrating. Partly because my religions teacher thinks I'm too wordy, and deviate too much from the elementary-level, boring, cut-and-paste style he prefers his essays to be written. I can't win with either teacher.

I look forward to a long, well-earned break from school once I get my AA.
Yep, he is a d**k wad pure and simple. I got a double major in studio art, and creative writing (good grief is it sad I managed to graduate with an English major and I still write, writting every time and have to go back delete the extra t... ) Anyways since I knew I was going for the creative writing side of things I basically took as easy literature classes as I could. I purposely would go for the ones general students would take so I wouldn't have to deal with all that crap. I also avoided any grammar based class like the plague because my grammar is the suckage but that is what editors are for. rofl

Didn't save me in Art History though... It's amazing how many art teachers fancy themselves as English teachers. I had one who edited one of my sentences so there was like seven freaking commas. She must have had some sort of comma fetish or something and the worst thing is the placement of them made absolutely no sense.

I also used to get the wordy, verbose, overly poetic statements when I initially started workshopping my pieces. Be thankful, it is so much easier to fix writing too much than it is not writing enough. It's probably just about the easiest issue to fix come to think of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm
WOW that was like the worst Gaia hiccup ever. Not a double or triple, or even quadruple but sextuplet post. rofl

Well at least I could delete the extras. gonk  

Krissim Klaw

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:18 pm
I found my missing thing, but it came back broken. *sigh* emo  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 pm
YAY!!! I've been accepted to another college! Now, I just need a boatload of scholarships and grants to afford it!  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Forcive Habit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 am
So yah, been about a year or so, figured I should say hi and junk. so hi >>  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 am
Forcive Habit
So yah, been about a year or so, figured I should say hi and junk. so hi >>
*tackle-hugs* Hi!!!! eek heart  

Manda_Tifa

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games