Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:17 pm
A witch, for me, is a general practicioner a magic (in the form of which is centered on using energy, visualization, etc., as opposed to "stage" or illusion magic). They may or may not have a religion or code of ethics.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:56 am
Jameta
A witch, for me, is a general practicioner a magic (in the form of which is centered on using energy, visualization, etc., as opposed to "stage" or illusion magic). They may or may not have a religion or code of ethics.

And they may be confused, with the wealth of information, and dis-information available. That would be me. I've known about magic since I was about five. When I was 12, I got to be around during my mom's coven gatherings, but not included. When I was 18, one of our friends gave me a pentacle. During this whole time, what I learned about magic came from solitare friends and a couple of fantasy books. The only things I know for sure, are that I have a connection with the earth, a gift of foresight that is limited to times when my mind wanders, sometimes years into the future, and that I have a very accurate divination gift, and mild healing. All this, and I was raised by an old Morman woman (my aunt), who would have flipped out if I had told her that I wasn't Mormon.  

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 pm
Roses are #FF0000,
Violets are #0000FF,
All my base,
Are belong to you!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:15 pm
Really? I would have said simply a practitioner of witchcraft, but then wouldn't it end up being subjected to the limitations you get when trying to call yourself a druid?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:16 pm
Bayne Wraithson
Roses are #FF0000,
Violets are #0000FF,
All my base,
Are belong to you!
...That's just awesome. Where'd you find that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:17 pm
It's my birthday today! I am t3h legal! ninja  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:40 pm
I was legal a few weeks ago. razz

Jus' kiddin'- Happy Birthday, Nihl! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:48 pm
It was pretty funny. You turn 18 and people give you free booze xp My grandma/Aunt and Uncle gave me two foreign beers, and 50$ gift card for any store at the mall. Another Aunt and Uncle gave me a bottle of original Peach Snapps, and 36$(18 times 2) of Chapters money.

And I have a new bookshelf! All shall fear my properly-arranged/not doubled up on the shelf books!

Once I put the thing together of course...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:12 pm
We don't get booze in America. Someoen might try givign you a pack of cigarettes, but that's kind of frowned upon in my area.

Better to take get 'em a lottery ticket... or take 'em to an adult store. whee heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:40 am
Well, we don't have the 21 law, so it's all good.

As much as the shot called the b*****b tastes incredibly foul, hearing your completely heterosexual friend go up to the bartender and say "I want to give my friend a b*****b" and have the bartender crack up, makes it all worth it.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:53 am
Happy birthday to Seraph!!! And a happy belated birthday to Jameta!!! heart

I remember when I became legal- back then I had absolutely no use for alcoholic drinks, so I really didn't care. But one of my friends felt that it would be a crime if I didn't drink something alcoholic on my birthday, and so he brought me a jar of sake- knowing that I'd drink it out of my obsession over Japanese culture and foods.^_^' Man, that stuff is strong.

Ironically, about ten years later I realized how much my gods loved beer and wine as offerings, and now I buy it for ritual use. I usually buy it in bulk since it's cheaper that way, but I don't often drink it unless it's for ritual purposes. I tend to keep a selection of a few different brands on hand because I use puns on names and qualities of beer or wine to influence the ritual atmosphere. So the end result is that, most of the time, my refrigerator is absolutely packed with such a large selection of alcoholic beverages that you'd think I was an alcoholic.^_^ But the main reason that it's there is because I don't drink very much, and it just accumulates.

Nihilistic Seraph
Really? I would have said simply a practitioner of witchcraft, but then wouldn't it end up being subjected to the limitations you get when trying to call yourself a druid?

Hmmm... That's a perfectly good definition, but it begs the question of what witchcraft is, and I think that's why our definitions are more verbose. If you look at them closely, the main difference is that they slip a definition of witchcraft in with what it means to be a witch. For me, witchcraft is a blend of religion and magic. For Jameta, it's just magic. To my mind, an atheistic practitioner of magic would more technically be called a mage or a wizard. Unless they were satanic, at which point I'd lean towards use of the term "sorceror." Ironically, Christians who use magic are technically witches- but I call them mystics, because they seem to prefer that term.^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:23 am
Woo hoo! It's a randomness thread! ^_^

Oh, and happy birthday Nihilistic Seraph!  

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 pm
Yes, we must have our spontaneous space. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:07 pm
Happy birthday surprised mrgreen whee  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:08 pm
Damn, it's hard to find any simple motivation spells on the web. xp  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games