Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Little Miss English
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Unsorted First-year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Having fun,"

Being one of the last students in line had taken a slight toll on little Gunildas confidence, her normally cheerful curious blue eyes, looking a little worried, maybe even nervous. She didn't know why she was being nervous, in fact she was quite excited to be at hogwarts. Although Gunilda normally quite enjoyed being in the center of attention, something about the sorting. A quick glance around at the other first years waiting to be sorted told her that she wasn't the only one who was a tad bit nervous. Deciding to focus her attention on the hat to distract herself, it came as a bit of surprise when she was called up. I was wondering when it'd be my turn, Gunilda thought with some relief as she strode over to the stool and took her seat, before the professor put the sorting hat on her head. How odd, to have a hat pick our houses, I wonder where I'll go, Gunilda thought bemusedly, despite her somewhat nervousness.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm clever witty and way too cheeky for my own good, well at least that's what my parents say. I can be a little rude sometimes, but I don't mean to hurt people's feelings, really- I just want to have a little bit of fun, is that so bad? I always make sure to do my work, I'm expected to get high grades, which can be a bit of a bother but well, it keeps me on my toes.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best."
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Cheeky and clever, huh?
Well now, girl, if you want some fun,
Perhaps this house will keep you on your toes...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Violet the Maestro
Oswin Rozario

First Year, Unsorted

xxxxxFor once in his life, Oswin Rozario was silent. He was typically a very talkative person, especially in times where he was surrounded by people he didn't know. But not this time, this time, he was taking in a whole new world. He was a muggleborn, and had never quite seen anything like this before. From his trip to Diagon Alley, to running through the wall to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, it was all very awe-inducing. He watched as some of the older students, or at least, he thought they were students, practiced magic on the way to the castle. To think, he was going to be living in a castle, learning how to do magic. It was all quite odd. Of course, Oswin was certain he'd do well at it. He was a very hard worker after all.

xxxxxUpon entering the Great Hall, the first thing the boy noticed was the floating candles. Part of him wondered what was holding them up before he realized that this was a school of magic. The answer was really quite obvious. Would he be learning how to do that? Oswin almost hoped not. If he messed up, he didn't want to set the whole castle on fire. It usually took him a couple tries to get anything right. Of course, the candles probably wouldn't be lit, but the boy didn't want to chance it.

xxxxxThen, there was the Hat. Yes, the Hat, proper article and all. It gave a little song and seemed to have a life all its own. Oswin had to keep reminding himself that he was a wizard and that magic was indeed real. How else could hats sing? He watched as the Hat appeared to read several students names before placing them into a house. The boy wondered which one he would end up in. He really didn't know much about any of them, and so he figured he would be happy wherever the Hat decided to place him.

xxxxxFinally, the professor, or at least, Oswin assumed it was a professor, called his name. To be honest, he hadn't been paying enough attention to tell if the person had ever really been introduced. However, he did manage to hear his name and walked up to the stool and took a seat. He was actually quite excited to find out where the Hat would place him. He couldn't wait to meet his housemates.

Personality
The first thing that people are bound to notice about Oswin is how friendly he is. He absolutely loves making new friends, and can tell when someone needs to talk. Of course, sometimes he can come off as awkward and just scare them away, but that's a risk he takes. Once someone even gets close to Oswin, they notice that he's loyal to the end. He won't jump ship, just because he got a better offer or things aren't going the way that he'd like. He'll do his best to help make the situation better, or at least look at the bright side of things. He's a very hard-working individual and won't stop until the job's done.

OOC:; Yes it's terrible formatting. I know! But why make a graphic for only one post? Waste of my time that is!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Friendly and helpful,
A bit of a hard worker, too,
You are just right for this house...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 pm
User Image
                                                  You don't have to say you love me
                                                  Just be close at hand
                                                  You don't have to stay forever
                                                  I will understand
                                                  Believe me, believe me
                                                  I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Timothy finished reading off the names on the list, and watched as the last girl that was sorted had the hat removed. Well, now he wanted to sit down, but he needed to finish with one more job. Rolling up the scroll, he placed his hands behind his back and looked out to the tables. "The Sorting is now closed. Congratulations to all of the new students, and good luck in your new houses" Turning, he took the Hat and the stool away to be stored until next year before he joined his fellow professors at the staff table.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Sorting...
                                                  OOC: The Sorting is now CLOSED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 pm
User Image
                                                  You don't have to say you love me
                                                  Just be close at hand
                                                  You don't have to stay forever
                                                  I will understand
                                                  Believe me, believe me
                                                  I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Timothy placed the Sorting Hat and a stool out carefully and then unfurled a scroll he had under one arm. He started reading off names, waiting for each student to come up to place the hat on their head. Thus, the Sorting had started.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Sorting...
                                                  OOC: The Sorting is now OPEN

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm
User Image
User Image

Well now was the time. Now he would know if he was destined to follow his family or forge a new path. Nervously he waited for his name to be called, standing as still as possible with the girls. The Great Hall seemed too quiet for so many people to be present. That was just how sorting he went maybe? Finally though the moment came and his name sounded out. Taking a deep breath he moved forward to take his place on the stool. Years ago his father had sat here, before that his grandfather. It made the whole thing a bit strange.

Lior
"Quiet, quirky and sarcastic, I'm is not afraid to say what's on my mind. Though sometimes it's more fun just to sit and giggle. I tries my best to keep an open mind and do what I can to keep it calm. At a young age I learned what it meant to control my emotions after I was subjected to visions before many Seers awaken. My temper is explosive though once it's triggered and I'm isn't afraid to bust a lip because of it. Thankfully though I haven't had many occasions when that's happened. Fairly kindhearted I like to see people smile and have been known to go out to of my way to make my friends feel better. Quick to laugh and smile I am known at home for my energy. "

Neither here nor there: Waiting to get sorted
A vision or two: Showtime
Kept at bay: Nervous, excited
Keeping me grounded: Delphina,
With a swish and flick: 10 1/2 inch Silver Lime containing an Ashwinder ash core. Smooth shaft with a bendy disposition.
A glimpse of the future:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Standing calm and poised, Melody was the picture of peace. It was hard to tell that the young girl was nervous. What if the house picked wrong? What if she let her parents down? Surely her father's wouldn't care where she was placed but still....family tradition was hard to let go of. Quietly she stood half of her tempted to grip her friends' hands but instead opting to keep them clasped before her. When her name sounded she raised her head up, looking straight ahead as she walked up to the stool. In her mind she hoped it was as graceful as she possibly could make it. Taking a seat gently on the stool she folded her hands neatly in her lap and awaited her fate.

Melody
"a thoughtful young lady. I am always planning my next step and am a very curious person. I enjoy understand how things work and why people do what they do. Not entirely to use it to my advantage but it is a plus. I tend to speak what is on my mind and do not mind if I tread on toes by doing so. Papi says that keeping to my beliefs is something very important and I agree. I can be mischievous like my uncle though and rather enjoy pulling jokes on my family and friends. I am a proper young lady, minding my manners at most times and doing what I can to make my family proud. I don't like being in trouble and hate it when I mess up. I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Lior and Ben bring out my sense of adventure and willingness to do what I need to get where I want. I love those boys and would do anything for them. Lately I've been finding my attention drawn to learning. Old myths and spell books have caught my love. I'm finding it interesting to learn just like Papi always did, though I doubt I'll ever be as smart as him. "

Standing my ground: Getting sorted
A calculated step: Time to do them proud
Sea of turmoil: Calm, playful, tad nervous
To trust or not to trust: The school
Defending Me: 9" Ebony with a Griffin Hair core. It has a spiraled shaft and a springy disposition
Words of Wisdom: ......

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I'm going to sing you a Lullabye
It'll be soft and sweet.
And when I take your heart,
Don't worry cuz it won't skip a beat.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Nina Kagome Vienna ♥ Single ♥ First Year ♥ Unsorted ♥ Muggleborn

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina waited quietly with her new friend as names were called. When hers was called she almost squealed in delight as she walked forwards and sat on the stool. When the professor put the hat on her head, she tried to clear out all thoughts. Tried.

Nina's Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm feisty, spunky, and spontaneous. I like getting into trouble, but only when I deserve it. I like to pull pranks but nothing that can't be reversed with a small apology. I enjoy having fun and talking to people. Making new friends and singing my heart out. I love music and having fun. I'm loyal and courageous but also sneaky and partially conniving. It's not like i'm a rude brat or anything, but I can come up with my own plans.

╚═════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm
xxxxU R I A HxxxT O B I A SxxxS I M O N S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUnsorted First Year

Uriah had remained silent most of the trip. He had sat in an otherwise empty compartment in the train, then was among the last to pick a boat. He was gladly unnoticed for a the whole trip. But then they went into the Great Hall and every eye in the hall turned onto the group of first years. And worse yet was when his name was called and he had to step up in front of everyone and sit on the stool. Waiting as the hat fell onto his head. Waiting as everyone stared. Waiting as he felt like he was going to be sick from the nerves.This was much more trying then anything he had done before. Even that solo performance his mother had given him in that dance recital - and that was ballet!

This was much different than anything he had ever done before. He had danced in front of hundreds, he had spent hours and hours practicing routines and focusing on the task at hand, blocking out distractions and anything that may have messed him up. Those things he had practiced for, those things he had expected. This, this was sudden. This was on the spot, this was making him feel a tad nauseous. Uriah tried taking deep breaths as he felt all eyes in the hall on him. He needed to stay calm, he needed to keep those weird candies from the train down. He needed this to be over - soon.

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      ■ Reserved Uriah is a quiet type who does not speak up. He prefers to be in the background and not being focused on.
      ■ Passionate He has a love for dance, a love that makes it so when he does dance he is overwhelmed by the joy and fluidity and goes into a state of solidarity where he does not notice his surroundings.
      ■ Kind Being raised by a single mother he often was given lessons and proper manners and behaviors.
      ■ Dedicated He is a hard worker and determined, if not a bit stubborn. He stands by his decisions and follows his dreams. You can only get so far as a dancer if you aren't dedicated.
      ■ Loyal Once you are his friend he will stay by your side and help you in any way he can.
      ■ Honest He won't lie without feeling horrible and very guilty.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm
Lin Daiyu
Unsorted ** First Year ** Seer

User Image
"Honesty is being blunt,
being blunt is right.
Never back down from a fight,
let your courage and wisdom make you right.

Hearing that it was time for sorting, Lin walked into the hall where all the tables were with all four houses. It was...one thing to hear about Hogwarts, since she did come from a pure-blooded family, but it was a whole other thing when you were actually there.

That's when the sorting hat sang and started to sort the different students, when it came to her, Lin sighed, "Now or never."

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "........""
I'm in the house of Unknown
I am a proud first year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a blunt and honest individual who can read most people like a book. I'm studious and love reading and anything to do with knowledge.

I may be a complete nerd at times, but I have taken kung-fu, tai-chi chen and judo lessons so I will not hesitate to drive you into the ground.

All in all, I'm polite to those who know me, and can come off as snobbish or rude to those who don't. Just try to get to know me. I won't bite, much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image

William xXx Wynters

x. ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
                                              xx`◜ w i l l˟↘ ᴛʜᴇwhat, now? - ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ sʜɪɴɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴍᴏᴜʀ
                                              xx( ) THAT'S A s o l i d one AND IT'S STUCK TO MY NAME ↘↘
                                              xxx FIND ME UP A LITTLE HIGHER FIND ME UP A LITTLE HIGHER - UP A LITTLE HIGHER
                                              xx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( I WANT A TURN IN THIS GAME )

( feeling : cool . ♔ . with : hogwarts . ♔ . at : the great hall )
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfirst year . ↘ . unsorted . ↘ . swordsman . ↘ . pureblood

- Making his way to the raised platform, William took a seat on the rickety stool, eyes particularly cool during the moment— uncommon, for him. They were usually filled with energy, something bright dancing behind them, or so his brothers used to say. It felt slightly deceiving, this mask he was wearing, the first face he was presenting to the world in Hogwarts at whole. Posture regal, back straight, figure held proud and tall, perhaps his mother would approve of his portrayal of the Wynters name, with its pureblood ancestry and their impressive lineage.

- He was very much aware, of course, of all the eyes in the hall on him. Maybe he was even recognized by some, who would have known his surname from the circles his family usually travelled. He didn't really care, though. This whole facade was only for show up here. He wasn't intimidated by the presence of such a large crowd of strangers, he had been brought up to flourish in the spotlight, and was calm, cool, collected.

- Still, it didn't take away the fact that he was completely excited about this. He'd not read up on the houses before he came here, preferring to keep it as a surprise to himself. He wondered where he would be placed, who would be his kin for the next seven years— all to be determined by this ratty old hat.

William's Personality

■ BRAVE William had always been a stout-hearted man. Even as a child, the youngest Wynters son was always undertaking feats that took courage, such as climbing up to dangerous heights and many more situations. He is not afraid to face the consequences, takes them with dignity and accepts the results of his actions.
                                                ■ MORAL Having a very solid sense of right and wrong, he weighs each situation and action and thinks on whether its outcome would be right or not. When it comes down to it, he is chivalrous, willing to fight for his views and stand up for what he thinks is right.
                                                ■ STUBBORN Giving up is not a well-used word in William's vocabulary, possessing a dogged determination in anything, from completing a task to getting his own way. He is not quick to budge, but once he forms an opinion on something, it would be very pressing to change his mind or dissuage him from whatever he has already decided on.
                                                ■ ARROGANT Naturally, as someone of his upbringing and position, it comes with a natural feeling of superiority, no matter how slight it may be. William is confident in many things, his abilities, his looks and his status, and comes off as overconfident in them at times.
                                                ■ Strong-Willed William is independent, strong and not easily stood down. Doggedly staying on his platform on any conflict or argument, it takes a fair bit to intimidate or break him down.
                                                ■ FIERCE William has always been strong and expressive and it has transferred over to his demeanour outwardly as well. He is an intense character, marked by much fire and energy and carries himself and his actions as so.

o o c : ramble here, b***h

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart in the Great Hall with the Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ It's not like this is going to be hard... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Sunny days seem to hurt the most; ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          I wear the pain like a heavy coat. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          I feel you everywhere I go. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWhen his name was called, Elliott stiffened his back, refusing to let any of the nerves he'd been feeling all day affect him in that moment. It wasn't like he had anything to be nervous about, after all. His house didn't matter overmuch; it just decided who he'd be spending the next seven years sharing a room with. To be honest... as long as he didn't end up in the same house as William Wynters, he didn't care. He was probably a Ravenclaw, he knew. He liked books more than people. Couldn't be bothered with people most of the time, actually. Not that he had a problem with them per say, he just didn't quite... understand them. Characters in books were simple, easy. They had motives driving them. Real people had motives, too, but theirs were often harder to guess at. If Elliott didn't make Ravenclaw, he thought he might be a Slytherin, though he would be surprised. He didn't think he was very snake-like, aside from the fact that he could be somewhat cunning, and that he could sometimes seem a bit cold to others. He wondered if William would be a Slytherin... his mother had almost definitely been one, he could tell just looking at her. But, apart from the rare instances where the blonde actually managed to keep it together, he seemed too... spastic. Elliott smirked; it would probably eat the woman alive if her son didn't make the house. That probably shouldn't amuse him so much, but it did. He supposed he wasn't very nice sometimes... but he didn't feel the need to be nice to that kid. He'd been nothing but a thorn in Elliott's side since the moment they met, which was saying something, because the amount of time they'd spent in each other company was probably less than two hours. He snorted at the thought as he sat down on the stool, eagerly awaiting the hat's verdict.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ I see your smile, I see your face,
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I hear you laughin' in the rain;
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I still can't believe you're gone.

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
■ INTROVERTED Elliott was always a quiet child, but ever since the death of his parents, he's become even more so. In general, people bother him; it's not that he has anything against them, it's just that he can't seem to avoid the topic of what happened to his parents, and when people find out, they always feel sorry for him, and he can't stand it. So, he mostly keeps to himself.
■ QUICK-TEMPERED One of the only traits Elliott shares with his older brother is his temper; while he has a longer fuse than Kenneth, when he does blow up, he blows big. He's a very emotional person, and tends to try to channel most negative emotions into anger, rather than allowing himself to feel depressed or hurt. Typically, he ends up crying anyway, though.
■ SHARP Elliott is sharp, particularly in his wit. He's never one to hold back a snappy comeback, and tends to respond to anything that annoys him by looking down his nose and trying to prove how smart he is. He thinks quickly on his feet and is good at working through problems. What he lacks in brawn he more than makes up for with his brains, and he never fails to put them to good use. As far as he's concerned, knowledge is power, and while he isn't power-hungry per say, he knows the value of being in control.
■ CURIOUS His love of books is born of a thirst to learn; he loves a good story, but he's also intrigued by knowledge. Practicality is always of interest, though he doesn't particularly mind learning something useless; it's important to him just because it's something he didn't already know. He absorbs new information like a sponge, and loves to find more. Whether or not he has need to or is capable of applying that knowledge is irrelevant; he just wants to know it.
■ MATURE Aside from his inability to keep his emotions in check, Elliott is very mature for his age. He speaks maturely, and knows how to handle most any situation maturely. So long as he is not directly involved in an altercation, he can usually mediate well, and is an excellent voice of reason. When he is involved, his emotions tend to get the better of him, but after it's all said and done, he's typically quick to see his error and apologize (and even manages not to hold it against them later).
■ SOLEMN His parents deaths have taken a toll on him. Rather than the sunny, bright child he was before, Elliott spends his time with his nose stuck in a book, and rarely smiles. He is quiet and cold, and eternally pessimistic. He doesn't see the point in looking on the brights side. He is also ever so slightly obsessed with death; he doesn't romanticize it or have any real interest. Rather, he can't seem to keep the concept out of his head. He thinks on it constantly, usually resulting in a deep depression.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Cute at the Great Hall with the Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I don't even know what I want... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I don't know where everyone goes; ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          It's not like us to follow. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          It seems that we are alone, ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And don't know where to go. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone froze when her name was called out, clenching her fists, eyes growing wide. The closer the train had gotten to Hogwarts, the worse she'd felt, this growing sense of unease that she couldn't shake. She didn't know what to expect when she arrived at the school. A year ago, had anyone asked her about Hogwarts, she'd have told them, firmly, with a smile on her face and her nose in the air, that she would be a Slytherin, obviously. She was a Tempest, after all, and Tempests went to Slytherin. They were cunning, ambitious. The sort of people who were respected. She hadn't even thought of the other houses, beyond having a small amount of pity for those who might end up in any of them. Ravenclaw was well enough, of course, but to have intelligence without ambition behind it was the greatest waste her family could imagine (aside from a noble line muddying its blood by marrying muggles, that is). Gryffindor was an impressive house for its feats, but still, it was rife with impurity, and the tempers of Gryffindors were infamous. Hufflepuff... why that house even existed was beyond her family, aside for being a place to shove the rejects Salazar Slytherin had tried to save the school from in the first place. A year ago, she had agreed with all of that, simply because she hadn't known anything else. Now... now she didn't know what she believed, about any of it. She was utterly terrified of where she would go. Part of her hoped she would still be in Slytherin, just because that was what she'd spent her whole life preparing for, but... she didn't know if she wanted the same life she had. Now... she just wanted to be happy. Was that so much to ask? Riya's words from earlier, that Slytherins were mean, rang out to her, making her flinch. Were Slytherins mean? Her father wasn't; he was so sweet, and wonderful, and she couldn't imagine having a better father... and he'd been a Slytherin. They couldn't all be that bad, right? But... she sighed, settling in on the stool, biting her lip. This would decide everything. She just hoped it would all be okay... that she could, in fact, be happy.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ But I'm safe right here.
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ We know we are.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ And it's kind of scary,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ Thinking of what is out there...

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
■ POLITE Taught as soon as she could speak to do so with the best of manners, Persephone is an exceptionally polite child. Growing up in a family like hers, it's often detrimental to behave with anything less than perfect grace. She comports herself like a perfect young lady most of the time, always being sure to act as properly as she can in any given situation.
■ SHORT-TEMPERED The only time Persephone's manners fall flat is when someone angers her; like her grandfather, she has a strong temper, although while he keeps at least the facade of a calm demeanor and acts out violently, Persephone is prone to yelling and shouting. Once she calms down enough to think, she usually follows it up with a witty retort or a snide comment to try to save face, not to make herself look any nicer, but to maintain her image of a noble.
■ SARCASTIC Being gifted with a strong mind, Persephone finds it hard to deal with people who she thinks are behaving idiotically. Her answer is usually a sarcastic quip aimed in their direction. If they fail to realize she was being sarcastic, she is torn between pride that they weren't smart enough to get it and annoyance at this same fact.
■ QUICK-WITTED Persephone is excellent at thinking on her feet. She solves problems quickly and rarely has to think too hard to come up with a witty reply to a joke. It's very hard to slip things by her. She watches people carefully, making quick assessments (or judgements, though she doesn't care much for that word) and behaving according to these. When she finds that she has made an error, she can usually recover quickly, provided she doesn't get angry or annoyed with herself.
■ SOLITARY Torn as she is by her family's behaviors, Persephone has become exceptionally solitary. When she has the option to be with people or by herself, she generally chooses to be alone. She rarely approaches anyone. She loves to spend time with the people she cares about, but they often have to seek her out to do so. If left alone, she would sit in her room and read for days on end, never bothering to seek out companionship. It does get lonely, but she finds that being alone is better than being confused.
■ CONFUSED For most of Persephone's life, she suffered through torn loyalties in regards to her family. Her father and cousin Ava, both of whom she loves more than anyone in the world, were always at odds with her grandfather and great-grandparents, whom she respected. Being a girl and the current heir after her father, she had a strong desire to prove herself to the elders, but the ways she could do so were in direct opposition with the person her father seemed to want her to be. After her grandfather's attempt on Ava's life, she has been told much of what has been going on right under her nose in her own home, and it has left her confused and even afraid. Without the part of her that wants to please Lysandar, she doesn't know who she is anymore. She is, however, grateful that she no longer has to feign indifference to her cousin, whom she considers her best friend.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy followed the Deputy Headmaster and the other first years into the Great Hall and found himself staring at the twinkling stars above them with his mouth wide open. He knew that the enchanted ceiling had been mentioned in Hogwarts, A History but it was so much more beautiful than he could have possibly imagined! When his eyes finally came down he spotted his older sister sitting at the table beneath the Gryffindor banner and saw her smile and give him a thumbs up in encouragement. He managed a smaller weaker smile but no thumbs up, too nervous to really do anything. He waited patiently in line with the others for his name to be called out and when it was he stalled for just a second before continuing onto the path and practically climbing onto the stool before his vision was cut off by the large brim of the sorting hat.

People say that in a nutshell I'm
Quiet, shy, but eager. I always like to learn new things no matter what it is. I'm kinda shy because not a lot of people like to be friends with the mute kid but it's not so bad. I haven't been really bullied since primary school but my big sister Tanya handled them. I'm quiet for obvious reasons but I also move rather silently as well. I love to read...everything! Anything that has words I'll probably read it. But I'm also silly, nice, and playful, especially with my family and friends and I don't like to brag or anything, but I'm also rather smart.

After the all commotion, [Unsorted]
Ruffle and rustle, [Hogwarts~Great Hall]
Saw I silence, [ other first years]
All quiet and silently [Getting sorted!]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

Quote:

""

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:48 pm
      User Image

❀❀❀
                                                    ____Lillith Matilda Hoult

_____________________________another day another life --unsorted--
                                                    _____________________________passes by just like mine --pureblood--
                                                    _____________________________it's not complicated --first year--
                                                    post layout by perpetual apocalypses

do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While the group fantasized about what house they may enter, it soon time to find out the truth. They were all filtered out into the Great Hall and ushered down the middle isle towards the stool which held the sorting hat. Lillith could feel another smile stretching across her face, so big it almost hurt her cheeks. She listened as name after name was called, each receiving their proper placement. a few Slytherins, Hufflepuffs; a couple Gryffindor, and a dash of Ravenclaw. Then, it was her name that was called. "Lillith Hoult!" Echoed through the enormous room. Lilly's eyes grew wide and slightly nervous as she made her way through the large bunch of first years. She said her goodbyes to her companions, hopefully seeing one of them at whatever table she would end up sitting. Her shoes clacked against the small set of wooden stairs; once in front of this makeshift throne, she seated herself daintily and felt the heavy hat plop onto her head. It was so big it almost conflicted her eye sight.

What does she do now? Is the hat really reading her mind like her father told her? If so, could it hear how anxious she was? Could it hear her heart beating a million miles a second, while she herself contemplated the house it would select? It felt like a lifetime was passing by. Even with her nervousness, she was still very very excited about the experience. Her legs swayed back and forth and her palms were clasped together and rested on her unsteady lap.

Lillith Matilda Hoult
                                                    People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an open person. I love to talk to people and get to know them and their life stories. Finding out quirks about someone is a joy of mine. I think it is because I have so many quirks myself that I pick up along the way of meeting and hanging around others. Its hard to say what my true personality is since I change it so very often. I can be quiet and reserved one minute, then become obnoxious and loud, and finally throw in a dash of cheeky sarcasm. I suppose it depends who i am around. When am by my lonesome I tend to day-dream and space out. I contemplate different worldly possibilities, what I'm eating for supper, and what my cat may be thinking at that exact moment. My mum and dad always told me I was so full of questions that most of the time couldn't be explained or answered because they were just far to ridiculous. I once asked my mother why clouds are white and not clear. She didn't really know what to say so she just laughed. Apart from my niceness, I do have my edges, just as everyone does. I tend to get extremely sensitive when people yell at me or if I am in a tense situation that is directed at me in anyway. I will instantly start to cry, even if I'm yelling back. I just don't like conflict I guess. I'm not much of a fighter either. I will try and back out or redirect the situation until its useless before I even think about saying something rude, throwing a punch or casting a spell. I enjoy everyone being happy and peaceful. No drama, no rudeness. I think that's also why i love to bake and cook, especially for other people. It puts a smile on peoples faces and I love to figure out what someone's number one flavor is. It gives me pride to know that I made someone grin just by giving them a biscuit or a cake.

float down
                                                    like autumn leaves

OOC:

Trippy_Gazelle

Quotable Noob

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 pm
User Image

Emily Strauss Vanadeth

╔═════════════════════╗
Where: Sorting Hat in Great Hall
With: No one now
Thoughts//OOC: So excited!
Outfit: Hogwarts Uniform
╚═════════════════════╝

Emily entered after Elliott. She watched as they were sorted. Elliott and William. She wasn't sure what was going on between the two, but she would find out at some point right? She waited until her name was called and went to the front. A smile on her face as she sat and waited for the hat to be placed on her head.

Emily's Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely chatty, happy and love to learn and know everything. I am very curious and enjoy making friends. Everyone must be my friend! It is the only option. If they aren't, they might be unhappy! I know that when they are my friends they would be absolutely happy! I'm extremely caring and extremely loyal.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games