Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:04 pm
Captain Verd
So anyways, 330 came out. And this is a giant spoiler posts thing so... if you haven't read it...

Shikamaru's a smoker. As in he now smokes multiple cigarettes. He learns how to use Asuma's chakra blades, tells Kurenai something MEESTEERIUSS and skips the funeral. Instead, he enjoys some shogi and a nice day of cloud watching.

And um Konohamaru was his nephew, so that settles that.
I just don't get WHY... He loathed it.

But whatever. I guess people change. It's nice to see someone grow for a change, dispite it's negativity.

I think he told her that Asuma loved her. But really, I'm not sure. That seems most likely.

He wanted to be alone. I'm not sure if this is the same for him, but I dislike funerals. I want to think about that person in solitude. Give them my time. I don't want to socialize on their day. The wide sky makes me think of them. The wind reminds me of their touch, mannerisms. Funerals just make everyone sad. Even if being alone makes me sad too, it doesn't make it a sad activity. More or less, I would use my thought to aid me. All in all, I don't think it was simply a, "leisurely activity." He was reminicing.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:06 pm
It's almost as though Kishimoto wanted to smite me. I was wrong for once because I was arguing with a girl about it. I bet if I never said anything this karma wouldn't have caught up with me...  

Syndactyly

Uchiha Kagai

Invisible Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:43 pm
Man! I was hoping the Akatsuki's big plan would be destroying the world, instead they want to rule it, damn!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:17 pm
Shikalee

But whatever. I guess people change. It's nice to see someone grow for a change, dispite it's negativity.

I think he told her that Asuma loved her. But really, I'm not sure. That seems most likely.

He wanted to be alone. I'm not sure if this is the same for him, but I dislike funerals. I want to think about that person in solitude. Give them my time. I don't want to socialize on their day. The wide sky makes me think of them. The wind reminds me of their touch, mannerisms. Funerals just make everyone sad. Even if being alone makes me sad too, it doesn't make it a sad activity. More or less, I would use my thought to aid me. All in all, I don't think it was simply a, "leisurely activity." He was reminicing.

He smokes now because Asuma smoked. When Asuma died, Shikamaru took up where he had left off. Skipping the funeral to watch clouds and smoking are ways of keeping Asuma alive, rather than admitting he's dead.

Alot of the ninjas in Naruto emulate the lifestyles and relationships that other people had before them.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

He smokes now because Asuma smoked. When Asuma died, Shikamaru took up where he had left off. Skipping the funeral to watch clouds and smoking are ways of keeping Asuma alive, rather than admitting he's dead.

Alot of the ninjas in Naruto emulate the lifestyles and relationships that other people had before them.
That's not a real reason. Stop pretending you know if you don't know.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:58 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

like who?  

Pekora

nintendonerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd

That's a perfectly acceptable reason. I thought the same thing as soon as I read it. Seeing as how he continued to play the chess like game, and began to train with the chakra knives. He wants to keeps Asuma's memories alive and he most likly doesn't want to "say goodbye."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:55 am
nintendonerd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

That's a perfectly acceptable reason. I thought the same thing as soon as I read it. Seeing as how he continued to play the chess like game, and began to train with the chakra knives. He wants to keeps Asuma's memories alive and he most likly doesn't want to "say goodbye."
No it isn't. s**t, guys. >_>; I hate to be mean, but you're all just not getting it. Kishimoto's works sometimes hit a higher level of comprehension; obviously a level most fans can't grasp yet.

First part of grasping it is experiencing a close death in the family. Second is not being entirely introverted throughout the whole situation, yet needing distance from the crowd. Because MOST people AREN'T like this, they won't be able to get it first hand. I was hoping you were all smart enough to work it out for yourselves. Apparently intelligence has little to do with with intuition and cognitive ability.

Shikamaru was reminiscing. There's a difference between "He did it so I'm gonna do it haha" and reminiscing. He is not the type of person to conform to anyone's behaviors. Only reason he took on Shogi for the first time was because he himself liked it.

Keeping the memories alive isn't an issue. PERHAPS the knives. MAYBE. But not the smoking. In no way shape or form. You guys don't get it because you've never smoked. gonk  

Syndactyly

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:09 pm
Shikalee
nintendonerd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

No it isn't. s**t, guys. >_>; I hate to be mean, but you're all just not getting it. Kishimoto's works sometimes hit a higher level of comprehension; obviously a level most fans can't grasp yet.

First part of grasping it is experiencing a close death in the family. Second is not being entirely introverted throughout the whole situation, yet needing distance from the crowd. Because MOST people AREN'T like this, they won't be able to get it first hand. I was hoping you were all smart enough to work it out for yourselves. Apparently intelligence has little to do with with intuition and cognitive ability.

Shikamaru was reminiscing. There's a difference between "He did it so I'm gonna do it haha" and reminiscing. He is not the type of person to conform to anyone's behaviors. Only reason he took on Shogi for the first time was because he himself liked it.

Keeping the memories alive isn't an issue. PERHAPS the knives. MAYBE. But not the smoking. In no way shape or form. You guys don't get it because you've never smoked. gonk

I love how in your little world it's always everyone else that doesn't get it and your the lone right person in a sea of wrong, even when your out numbred by like 5 to one or more. Geesh, other people can be right and you can be wrong you know.

When you are around someone so much that you admire, sometimes you do start to do things like they do or did. Kakashi took on some of Obito's personality after he died. He as definitely changed after that day.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:41 pm
liz_bliz
When you are around someone so much that you admire, sometimes you do start to do things like they do or did. Kakashi took on some of Obito's personality after he died. He as definitely changed after that day.

Agreed.

Shikamaru plays Shogi because he likes it, yes, but he picks up Asuma's habits because he respected him, and now he's dead. That's why.

Kakashi took Obito's words to heart. He tried to emulate the relationships Yondaime had with his students, because he respected those two men in what they did. Lee emulates Gai because he has respect for him. And now Shikamaru does it because he has respect for Asuma.

That's really all there is to it.

Also, what does knowing what smoking is like have to do with anything?  

Captain Verd

Mist-san

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:28 pm
liz_bliz
I love how in your little world it's always everyone else that doesn't get it and your the lone right person in a sea of wrong, even when your out numbred by like 5 to one or more. Geesh, other people can be right and you can be wrong you know.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have only been active in this guild for 3 days and I catch myself saying ALOT "Shikalee is soo ******** arrogant!!!!"

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:43 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
liz_bliz

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have only been active in this guild for 3 days and I catch myself saying ALOT "Shikalee is soo ******** arrogant!!!!"

Direct insults to people = not cool, especially for someone you're um, not even talking to in this thread. I'd keep my mouth shut unless you actually have something to contribute.  

Captain Verd

Honh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:15 pm
I think there's no real right or wrong answer to why Shikamaru took up smoking. There are thousands of other possibilities and I hope everyone knows that. I mean, this is a guild where we can express our own thoughts and opinions without them getting bashed, or be told we're wrong - right?

I for one think Shikamaru took up smoking because he wanted to relate, or somehow feel how Asuma did when he smoked. Look at him crying in the previous chapter, he took out a smoke and lit it up because he was honoring his fallen sensei and I guess he continued to smoke to try and emulate Asuma's thinking/reasoning, and what he would do in this kind of situation. Now if you think I'm wrong, good for you, I don't care and don't tell me I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Honor, that's why.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:16 pm
Captain Verd
shadowninjaofthemist
liz_bliz

Direct insults to people = not cool, especially for someone you're um, not even talking to in this thread. I'd keep my mouth shut unless you actually have something to contribute.

this whole guild seems to be juat a huge place to flame others. And how is the way she insults people any differnt then how I insult her?  

Mist-san

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:22 pm
Honh
I think there's no real right or wrong answer to why Shikamaru took up smoking. There are thousands of other possibilities and I hope everyone knows that. I mean, this is a guild where we can express our own thoughts and opinions without them getting bashed, or be told we're wrong - right?

I for one think Shikamaru took up smoking because he wanted to relate, or somehow feel how Asuma did when he smoked. Look at him crying in the previous chapter, he took out a smoke and lit it up because he was honoring his fallen sensei and I guess he continued to smoke to try and emulate Asuma's thinking/reasoning, and what he would do in this kind of situation. Now if you think I'm wrong, good for you, I don't care and don't tell me I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Honor, that's why.
Agreed.

To the the flaming guy - You can't just post an insult against someone. Either contribute to the conversation-- no, even if you just say "Yes, you're right", it's still better than saying someone's arrogant and stopping. If you have anything to say about the chapter, say it. If not, don't bother.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games