Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 909 910 911 912 913 914 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm
Those of you here who have dog experience,

as I said before, one of my dogs has this cyst a third of the way along her tail. It's full of oil and wax and stuff. I want to reduce it. What's a good way to make that happen? I don't think expressing the wax from it is the right way, as tempting as it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:28 pm
Shaviv

as I said before, one of my dogs has this cyst a third of the way along her tail. It's full of oil and wax and stuff. I want to reduce it. What's a good way to make that happen? I don't think expressing the wax from it is the right way, as tempting as it is.

I know there are a few dog-savvy people here, but I think this question would be more appropriate for a veterinarian.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 pm
I went to the optometrist today for my yearly exam. If I get any blinder I'll have to special order my contacts 'cause they won't have 'em. Awesome. biggrin

I figure at the rate I'm going I'll be legally blind by age 25. My mom thinks I should see an Ophthalmologist, I'll have to look into that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Shaviv

go to the vet to have it drained  

Rainey_angel81

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:26 pm
I did that. It filled up again within three or four days. The vet said, basically, "Have her take these antibiotics for ten days. Then come back and see me again. If it hasn't cleared up, the tail will probably have to come off."

Having had this kind of cyst before, though, nobody ever suggested taking a knife to my face...

The problem is mainly she has really oily and waxy skin, so if a pore gets clogged, it backs up very quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:37 am
Whee! Had a break down today....  

Crenn

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 am
Failed a test in Asian Art History. Not really bummed about it because I know that nobody else in the class is going to do well on it either. The first two tests weren't bad at all, but this one had all the names of all the Chinese/Japanese painters on it, and quite frankly you'd have to be some kind of Asian idiot savant to be able to remember all the names and all the works those people did. The names all sound and look the same too, further adding to the confusion. It's all Lu and Lao and Zheng and Zhao and Dao-this and Dao-that. Even the little mnemonic devices our instructor thought up didn't help much.

Of course, not studying for the test didn't help things, but I doubt that I would've been able to remember anything anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:05 pm
My friends and I are in the application process for this apartment. And we really really want it. eek  

Manda_Tifa

Af Mas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm
Manda_Tifa
My friends and I are in the application process for this apartment. And we really really want it. eek

Best of luck Manda. I know how that feels D: Hope you get it smile How is it?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Shaviv
I did that. It filled up again within three or four days. The vet said, basically, "Have her take these antibiotics for ten days. Then come back and see me again. If it hasn't cleared up, the tail will probably have to come off."

Having had this kind of cyst before, though, nobody ever suggested taking a knife to my face...

The problem is mainly she has really oily and waxy skin, so if a pore gets clogged, it backs up very quickly.

I'm trying to think of what we do for dogs with too oily of skin. Usually when you have a dog with too little oil, you give them Omega 3's. With dog's with oily/waxy skin, I would recommend drying out the skin and then using a conditioning shampoo.

Or, you can use the ear cleaner (chlorhexiderm flush or Novi-cleanse or nolvasan otic) in place of the shampoo. You'd have to use it daily and it would help dry the skin as well as remove bacterial build-up that is common with dogs with an excess of oil.

Because she has already developed the cyst, this won't help that.  

Rainey_angel81

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 pm
I know someone with a chinese crested that gets oily skin and can break out. Basically she bathes her on a regular basis to keep it in check.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 am
Af Mas
Manda_Tifa

It's fantastic. It's in a new condo building, and it's 3 bedroom, with a large bathroom. It's on the second floor, with a balcony. It's got living/dining area, and a dishwasher in the kitchen, and 2 of the bedrooms are huge. There's a washer/dryer in the building, and hookups in the apartment, if we wanted to get one of our own. Everything but electricity and cable is included in the rent, and I'm allowed to keep my cat, and he's totally okay with it being the 5 of us. It's absolutely everything we need....*sigh*  

Manda_Tifa

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:52 am
Internship for school work/alternance program has been found, budget's flimsy but stable, WoW shenanigans have been put into order and now I have my own guild to take care of, slowly getting back into art, Windows Seven is interesting aaaand things with my boyfriend couldn't really be any better. <3

In short, life's been keeping me rather busy over the last month or two, but I don't regret any of it. :3
Now I just want my tax returns to come in so I can go and buy myself my own Xbox and stop relying on my friend forgetting his at my place. XP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:19 am
Manda_Tifa
Af Mas
Manda_Tifa

It's fantastic. It's in a new condo building, and it's 3 bedroom, with a large bathroom. It's on the second floor, with a balcony. It's got living/dining area, and a dishwasher in the kitchen, and 2 of the bedrooms are huge. There's a washer/dryer in the building, and hookups in the apartment, if we wanted to get one of our own. Everything but electricity and cable is included in the rent, and I'm allowed to keep my cat, and he's totally okay with it being the 5 of us. It's absolutely everything we need....*sigh*

I'm sure you'll get it. That sure does sound like a nice place  

Af Mas

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Okay, I'm walking past the newly renovated Enrollment and Registration building on my way back from class, and what do I see?

A dead sparrow on the ground.

And a couple live ones flying around my head, perching on the roof. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Well, as I look up at the other sparrows, I notice something interesting.

Now, I'm not an architect or a construction worker, but I would just think that when you rebuild a roof, you should NOT leave the insulation layer open to the outside world. You shouldn't leave it open at all; you should close it up so that rain and s**t doesn't get in there, birds especially. Because if you have a small, dark space filled with attractive, fluffy material, what do you think is going to happen?

That's right. Birds are going to nest. They're going to get in there, make nests out of the insulation, and then you'll have ******** BIRDS LIVING IN YOUR ******** ROOF AND ONE DAY THE CEILING FALLS IN AND THEN THERE'S BIRDS AND BIRDSHIT AND FEATHERS AND FILTHY INSULATION ALL OVER YOUR OFFICE.

Pretty ******** intelligent, guys. Seriously. Oh, but wait, there's more!

The sparrow was dead. It was pretty obvious that it had been dead for a day or so. What if, and I'm just guessing here; what if it died because it accidentally ate some of the insulation? Well, it's bad enough to have live birds living in the roof, but what if they all eat some of the insulation and die? Not only will you have BIRDS IN YOUR ROOF, they will be DEAD. They will be dead and they will start putrefying and become hotspots of bacterial activity, which have the potential to meander through the ceiling and into living human beings.

Jesus Christ on a stick, this s**t makes me so mad. And yes, the building is completely renovated; this issue should have been addressed when they REBUILT THE ROOF. WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE?

I'm calling the college and telling them all this. Ignorance and stupidity of this caliber deserve a medal. I mean, honestly.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 909 910 911 912 913 914 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games