Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 am
My life's been a mental roller coaster for the past few months.

After being unemployed for 7 months, and besides a small temp job, having no good leads for employment, I was overjoyed to find out I would be eagerly hired at a restaurant as a busboy.

Now I've discovered that blessings are often s**t in disguise.

The job's only employed me less than 10 hours a week, usually like 5-6 hours a week. I can't pay my rent like this so I filed for emergency unemployment, which I'll be receiving. I also used my tax refund to catch up with rent as they were hinting eviction.

The Michigan job market is horribly depressing. The local paper, which had 3-4 pages of jobs now only has less than one page of jobs in it's classifieds. Most of those tend to be nursing or medical, which require licenses I don't have and can't get. It seems the local government employment agencies are packed and the jobs are scarce, so where the ******** am I going to get a second job?

Why the hell do you even hire a person in the first place if you're only going to give him 6 hours a week?

To add insult to injury the transmission on my car started dying which made me want to just smash it into a ******** pole (or smash it into the management at work and everyone who has screwed this economy and my life). What will I do without a car?

There is good news in that I could get a used transmission for less than $500 but with that old clunker I wonder if it's worth it. But I don't have the money to buy another car if the cheapest around here seems to be $1000.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:17 pm
KillerLee
Why the hell do you even hire a person in the first place if you're only going to give him 6 hours a week?

This doesn't help you at all, and may make things worse, but generally people hire part time work so they don't have to give them benefits and such. So you get businesses hiring a ton of part time workers all to save money. (Which could be because they're struggling! ...but most often it's abused.)

Best suggestion I have is to maybe do housework for people or something. Like mow their lawn for $10 or $20... I don't know what the going rate is or how big the lawns are where you live, but it's an option..?

I'm not very helpful. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 pm
Fffff...I am SO pissed. I took my dog to the groomer's today, the same one he always goes to. Well, they called me when he was done and said they'd have to charge me extra because they had to restrain and muzzle him. I was like..WTF he's never been aggressive there before. So, I go pick him up...and I immediately saw why he tried to bite. They shaved him NAKED. I asked for him to be buzzed shorter for the summer, and to remove some mats he was forming under his legs. The groomer asked if I wanted his head and chest blended into the cut, and I said yes. Just like I had them do last summer.

Evidently, I agreed to a much longer razor than I thought, which ok...misunderstandings happen. The thing that pissed me off the most was it looks AWFUL! They sheared him like a ******** sheep, the cut is not blended anywhere at all..just took a razor from tail to the back of his head and (unevenly) trimmed his face. I refused to pay for it, and the manager said okay to waiving it "this time" after insisting that I got what I asked for, and that they have notes recorded on him in their computer. Not going back...Ugh, I can't even take him to another groomer to fix it 'cause there's no fur left. It'll just have to grow back.

My baby looks like a total doofus. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 pm
Aww poor puppers. =(

Sadly that is what can happen at groomers especially if your not really specific. Next time you get him in a cut you like, as soon as you get home take a few nice shots of the face, sides, front and back of the dog. Then next time you go in bring the pictures with you so you can show them exactly what you want. It can be hard for groomers to understand how short you mean when saying shave him shorter. Another tip is get a ruler and hold it up to your pup and get a specific inch you want so you can say I want 1inch of fur or 3 inches in length.

Poor guy, I can't imagine what Kirby would do if he got naked.

.... Is it wrong that I still really want to see a picture of the new cut though? >__>  

Krissim Klaw

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Krissim Klaw
Aww poor puppers. =(

Sadly that is what can happen at groomers especially if your not really specific. Next time you get him in a cut you like, as soon as you get home take a few nice shots of the face, sides, front and back of the dog. Then next time you go in bring the pictures with you so you can show them exactly what you want. It can be hard for groomers to understand how short you mean when saying shave him shorter. Another tip is get a ruler and hold it up to your pup and get a specific inch you want so you can say I want 1inch of fur or 3 inches in length.

.... Is it wrong that I still really want to see a picture of the new cut though? >__>

They showed me a fur sample for length, and evidently the groomer thought I picked something different then what I thought I picked. Regardless of the length though, it's uneven and ugly. I don't have any digital cameras, but just imagine a freshly sheared sheep...now imagine that sheep as a dog.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Ewwy doesn't sound very aesthetic. One of the reasons I do all Kirby's grooming myself is I would be too paranoid to leave him with people that have clippers. @___@

Outside of the cut, how is your pup doing? Haven't heard you talk about him in a while.  

Krissim Klaw

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm
Krissim Klaw
Ewwy doesn't sound very aesthetic. One of the reasons I do all Kirby's grooming myself is I would be too paranoid to leave him with people that have clippers. @___@

Outside of the cut, how is your pup doing? Haven't heard you talk about him in a while.

Aside from the trauma of today, he's been fine. I've gotten him to be trusting of me and my family, but still hates kids and still has fairly severe agoraphobia, though it's gotten a bit better than it was. He's happy and healthy though.

I'd love to be able to do his grooming, and I tried once but it wasn't very good. sweatdrop Any tips on how to learn?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:35 pm
Well if you need to do a lot of shaving the big thing you'll want to do is get a nice pair of dog clippers that you can change the blades on to get different cuts. I would suggest simply searching on the computer how to groom a dog. You can find all sorts of info and even videos on sites such as Utube showing how to groom all sorts of dogs.

One question I would have first however is there a reason you get a full body shave for him? It is actually a fallacy that shaving keeps a dog cooler. The double coat actually helps to trap in cool air and is vital for protecting a dog against the suns harmful rays. If his cut really is as short as you say it is, you will want to put suntan lotion on his back when he is going to be outside for more than a few minutes. Otherwise his delicate skin is at risk of getting a sunburn.

Rather than doing a full body shave to help a dog keep cool in the summer, I would suggest only shaving the belly. This allows them to cool off faster if they lay down on cool tile, water, dirt, and so an. At the same time their belly doesn't get much direct sunlight so you don't have to worry so much about sunburn. For a biggener, it will also keep your shaving practice mistakes somewhat hidden too. xd  

Krissim Klaw

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:12 pm
Yeah, they shaved his belly to keep him cooler last year. But the full buzz of his coat is to help me manage it. His fur gets really long, tangles, gets dirty quickly and sheds in big clumps. The buzz worked last summer; it took his long fur down to more like an inch and a half long or so. Much easier to manage, and still left him plenty of fur. In between the summer shaves, I just get his 'problem areas' trimmed like his neck/chest where food and saliva gathers in his "mane" when it's longer.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:06 pm
Lol sounds like Kirby when he gets his ear fringes in his mouth as he is chewing on bones or playing with his toys. Such a girly boy, one of the reasons I have to bath him so often.

I have found spending a 1-5 minutes a night running a pin brush through his fur does wonders for keeping his coat from matting.

Here's a pic of what his coat looks like as far as length-

User Image  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 am
shoki_de_nai
Krissim Klaw
Aww poor puppers. =(

They showed me a fur sample for length, and evidently the groomer thought I picked something different then what I thought I picked. Regardless of the length though, it's uneven and ugly. I don't have any digital cameras, but just imagine a freshly sheared sheep...now imagine that sheep as a dog.

sometimes with dematting you have to get close to the skin and I know he only had a few mats, but when you shear off one portion, you can't really blend it with the rest. When he grows it out to 3/4", I would take him to another groomer and have them cut to a 1/2" so at least it is even.
And yeah, like Kriss said, it's hard to deal with groomers. One of my clients finally had me do a dematting on her dog (all over shave, but I left the head and tip of tail and paws left unshorn, she looked adorable) because she was unhappy with the previous cuts she has received for her dog. And yeah, some dogs get nippy with the clippers getting too hot, but they should have done it in rounds so the dog doesn't get anxious. Those clippers can burn the skin, poor dog.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 pm
One final test and a paper (both next week) and I'm done with classes! I should have my Associate's earned too! :3
::excited::  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 pm
shoki_de_nai
One final test and a paper (both next week) and I'm done with classes! I should have my Associate's earned too! :3

Congratulations in advance! Welcome to the club (I have an Associate's degree, as well). ♥  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 pm
shoki_de_nai

Many congratulations.

Um... what're you studying, again?  

Shaviv

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm
Shaviv
shoki_de_nai

Many congratulations.

Um... what're you studying, again?

Not sure what I want to study, so it's a Liberal Arts degree. Which didn't help me pick something. gonk  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games