Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[First Year]] [[Slytherin]] [[Pureblood]]

Gabriel's introduction was first met by a boy whom he did not recognize. Gabriel took the stiffly formal handshake offered. Such things did not intimidate him. He could easily sense the challenge in this boy's demeanor and decided that he would keep an eye out for him in the future.

"A pleasure" he said, shaking the boy's hand in return.

Valerie noted that the boy did not seem to notice her. She couldn't help is as frustration burned within her yet again. Even here, no one considered her a threat. Second born and female, she knew she was unwanted, but did everyone have to rub it in? Anger caused her to clench her jaw.

Gabriel could feel his sisters frustration and, knowing how prone she was to outburst, he laid a commanding hand on her should, and redirected her attention, wordlessly.

Then the other spoke, addressing them both. "Noah Rivers.

"I recognize the family name,", Gabriel said, neither approving or disapproving, it was simply a statement of fact.

Valerie's temper slightly abated, as the boy had acknowledged, her. She inclined her head to the boy, Noah, formally, teeth still gritted.

User Image

Xadyn-C
JayzStar13

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year | Slytherin | Single | Wearing | Mood; On edge

xxxFreya was making friends, Amelia was glad. She could get a sense that she did not have many in the muggle world. Listening to Hershel was a joy. He seemed to be well educated and interesting, his play on words fascinated her.

xxxWith all their heads turned and their attention on the new housemates. She was nervous and not sure of the two; enemies, friends? Hershel looked tense like he was ready to bolt if he needed too. "They seems odd...or are they browned nosed?" They seemed above themselves and everyone else. It bothered Amelia greatly, she didn't like people who thought they were better than her. Directing her eyes to Hershel,

xxx"Who are they talking to?" Jutting her head in the direction of the group. She knew Edajin but not the other boy [Noah]. "I have not met him.:" I wounder if I should.... she pushed the thought out of her mind.

[OCC; ...]
[With; Freya, Hershel]

Pale Mist

panic_memors

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 pm
User Image

User Image
First Year | Slytherin | Single | @ Slytherin Table

Noah offered the twins to have a seat next to him. He could tell that their presence didn't set well with some of the other students sitting next to him, but Noah was indifferent.

Noah knew about the Sinclaire family, and he knew that they had some serious power behind their name, but even still that didn't scare Noah. If anything, Noah he was excited by the twins, not that he would ever show it, but he felt as though they were on his level.

It was a comforting feeling since Noah, knowing himself and his tendency to put himself in situations where he is a force to be reckoned with, would possibly be able to form some sort of power team with these two, and make a major splash at Hogwarts.

"So, are you two looking forward to school?" he said, aiming the question towards Valerie. He could tell that she was uneasy by the fact that Edajin didn't notice her, but he offered the question her way, assuming her brother would answer anyways.

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:10 pm
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
J A S M I N E
E L I Z A B E T H
A C A C I A

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Slytherin PrefectHead....Boy?!Seventh YearQuidditch CaptainKeeperSingle
House RobesQuidditch RobesFall/WinterSpring/SummerSong
Out of Quidditch

Jasmine smiled as she saw her sister floating into the Great Hall. At least she could still be here. The only human left of the Acacia triplets was fairly certain that her brother would be hauled off to Azkaban the moment he stepped on the grounds. However, Jasmine figured everything was fair now. Erianthe was no longer hearing voices, Zane had been punished, and Jasmine was fine with that.

"What? You think cause you're my sister you would have gotten it?" Jasmine teased. She knew that Erianthe could play a much larger role, perhaps with Ravenclaw, which was the house she had left behind. Erianthe could even do well working with the Slytherins. After all, she was killed in the dungeons. That was where she was most of the time.

Turning to the two first years talking about Quidditch at the table, Jasmine smiled. "You guys know you could try out for the team right? I mean, I can't guarantee you a spot, but you could always be a reserve. It gives you an edge when trying out in years to follow," she suggested.

"As far as Quidditch goes, Freya, I can give you a more in depth explanation. I am the Slytherin captain after all," she smiled. "You've got two teams. Each team has seven players. You have chasers, they pass the quaffle down the field, try to steal from the other team and score points through the rings at their end of the field. Then there's the keeper, which happens to be me. I guard the goal posts and make sure nothing gets through. There's the beaters who knock these nasty balls called bludgers around. You don't want to get hit with one of those. Then there's the seeker. They fly around looking for a small golden ball about the size of a marble. Moves pretty fast. I could never be a seeker. Catch the snitch, and you win the game," she explained to the girl.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The_Slave_Master105

JayzStar13

[quote="panic_memors"

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/First Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Now that he had been acknowledged, he tore his gaze away and retook his seat that the table, some part of his mind fuming. It was then that he chanced a glance at Hershel, who also seemed tense. 'So he knows,' he thought quietly as he caught the boy's eyes for a brief, communicative moment, then turned back to continue reading from the book. That boy was a snake of the worst kind. The kind which poisoned you in your sleep. Edajin would relish the day that the Slytherin House recognized a half-blood street rat with more respect than they did a pure-blood Hogwarts royal.

With: Slytherin Table

phoenixfeather1007

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:28 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Valerie wondered if her brother could sense the tenseness in the air, the way some of the other Slytherin students were eying the pair. Of course, that only made her stand a bit taller, a bit more arrogant. That was more like it. Gabriel thrived in this environment of formality and challenge, in ways that Valerie did not. He was the always composed, always steely other half to Valerie's explosive temper.

"Of course, Sister", she could almost hear his unspoken answer to her silent question. "Power is tangible. We have it, they want it. Smile." she could imagine him saying.

The Rivers boy's questions was targeted at Valerie. Gabriel, always the perfect gentleman, offered Valerie a seat, before taking his own, tapping the small of her back, giving her subtle permission to answer the boy's question.

"Thank you", Valerie responded smoothly, a cool smile on her lips, as she took the seat both Noah and Gabriel had offered her. "Yes, we are," she caught her brother's look of approval and continued. "Hogwarts has such a history." Valerie added, alluding to the power of history and lineage, something that would certainly not be lost on the Rivers boy. "It is an honor to study magic in it's purest form, from such a reputable institution."

"And you, Mr. Rivers? Are you anxious to begin your studies?" Gabriel added, more of a challenge than a question, as Valerie understood. There was no such thing as light conversation to the Sinclaire family.

User Image

JayzStar13

phoenixfeather1007

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:56 pm
User Image

User Image

"I couldn't agree more," Noah said in response to the statements Valerie was making. Noah noticed the challenge in Gabriel's voice, and although he wasn't intimidated by him, he didn't have any means to get defensive. So he remained calm, collected, and friendly. "Hey, call me Noah, really. Mr. Rivers is my father. But yeah I am actually, I'm interested to see where the students all stand up against each other. I've always a sort of secret brain. I never felt the need to overly exert myself in classes." Noah was the sort to sit back and comment on students answering, knowing almost all of the answers, but didn't actually care enough to answer outwardly.

Noah's true area of expertise included the lessons outside of the classroom. Lesson's he was positive the twins excelled in as well; manipulation, domination, commanding social settings.

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:57 pm
User Image

User Image
First YearElevenSlytherin Single

"That doesn't sound too complicated," Freya said though a look of confusion dashed across her face. "It definitely sounds fun, sports have never been my thing but it sounds fun to watch. Are there other clubs here too?" At this point Freya noticed the pair of twins at the table, something about them seemed...off. She didn't know how she felt about them, or how she should. Pushing that to the back of her mind she focused on the people with her now. Turning Jasmine and Hershel she asked,"Any advice for us first years?"

Pale Mist
Violet the Maestro
Zombilious

panic_memors

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines!
- Chaplin
The best prophet of the future is the past
-Lord Byron
It is not what you find, it is what you find out.
-David Thoma

User Image

Hershel laughed a bit, but quickly tried to silence it in a dual worry of offending the twins and angering them, "There There are lots of students that come in with a bit of an ego off of their parents' fame and their family name. It is a bit silly, really, but they tend to mellow out." He told Ami. His guard had gone down as quickly as it had gone up when he looked back to Edajin, seeing the boy's own relaxation. Hershel found it intriguing how he had responded so honestly to what he saw the younger boy doing. It was like a strange sort of trust in Edajin's instincts - Hershel wondered why he had subconsciously connected to that. What was it about the boy?
Hershel smiled at the thought before turning back to Amelia and Freya. "Oh there are many things to do!" Hershel began, "I did not participate in many of the clubs or goings-on in the castle in my first year, which I regret quite a bit. There is a new Dueling club up, i believe, and chess and a school paper you can help with. As well many of the teachers are always up to something strange that you may be able to offer a hand in." he beamed, "I must say my favorite thing is the library, though. Absolutely brilliant it is."
The second year then turned eagerly to Jasmine to hear any additions the Head Girl may have in advice for an eager First year. He was practically fresh off the boat himself compared to some of the students, especially Jasmine, and would be happy to hear what the school and student body had to offer.

User Image
second year - slytherin
historical
- enthusiast
unwilling - heir

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

panic_memors

Xadyn-C

Zombilious

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm
User Image
First Year-Slytherin-Muggleborn-Single

Karyna noticed the pair of twins seat themselves at the table. She had finished her general observations and felt the need to observe them too. The twins were talking to one other person, who also seemed quite keen on getting to know them. Karyna was bound to lock eyes with the girl of the pair. The girl seemed a bit more reachable that is. So she just looked and waited for the girl to notice her. As soon as she was noticed, Karyna was prepared to introduce herself.

JayzStar13
phoenixfeather1007

cleonancyarmada

Newbie Member

The_Slave_Master105

Demonic Millionaire

7,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

"This world is older than any of you know,
and contrary to popular mythology,
it did not begin as a paradise.
For untold eons, Demons walked the earth;
made it their home -- their Hell...

/// First Year /// House: Slytherin /// Great Hall: Slytherin Table ///
/// Thinking: .... ///

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conn moved his sunglasses back to his eyes as the twins walked over to the table, then heard what they and Noah where talking about before saying, not smiling at all, "Nice to meat you, I am Conn," as he reached his hand acrossed the table to shake theirs. his eyes locked on Gabriel.

OFC: N/A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....In time they (the demons) lost their
purchase on this reality,
and the way was made for the mortal animals.
For Man. What remains of the Old
Ones are vestiges: certain magics, certain creatures"

JayzStar13
phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year | Slytherin | Single | Wearing | Mood; At ease

xxxThe thought of the twin was slowing ebbing to the back of her mind. She'd rather focus on her section of the table than anything else. "Let's just forget about them for now," but I'll keep my eye on them still. As the air cleared of tense Ami was feeling relaxed and desert had appeared.

xxxTapping her finger on her chin she thought for a moment, "I may try chess. I am not that bad at it. Or maybe the dueling club. That would be fun." Grin was spreading over her face and she turned to Freya, "we should join the dueling club and get some defense!" Facing Hershel she frowned at him. "Maybe this year you should join something, like a book club." Nodding her head like she had said some brilliant. "I guess tomorrow I will head to the library if it is so great."

xxxAbsorbing the words of the Head Girl she wondered if she would have any more input. This girl would have more knowledge on the subject.

[OCC; ...]
[With; Freya, Hershel]

Pale Mist

panic_memors

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

Noah's response was almost too casual for Gabriel's liking. Being that relaxed in conversation and in attitude was, at least in Gabriel's opinion, a sign of weakness. He smiled, nonetheless, betraying none of the criticisms running through his mind.

"Of course, Noah." he responded, acknowledging the boy's request, but relinquishing no power of his own.

Valerie's attention was immediately grabbed by another student, seemingly waiting to be acknowledged. "Yes?" Valerie challenged, her tone of voice remained inviting, but insistant, she did not like being stared at, it did nothing for her temper. She felt her brother's warning gaze on her and immediately calmed.

Gabriel's attention was turned away when another newly sorted Slytherin introduced himself.

"The pleasure is mine." Gabriel acknowledged, sharing the boy's cold expression. "Gabriel Sinclaire."

User Image

JayzStar13
The_Slave_Master105
cleonancyarmada

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:01 am
User Image

User Image

Noah sensed that the meal time was beginning to die down. Figuring that he would probably have a long day tomorrow, he stood up and addressed all of the new students that he had met since arriving at Hogwarts. He was eager to see how the school year progressed. "It was awesome to meet all of you, but I'm going to head to bed. Guys, I'll probably see you in the dorm." With that, Noah smiled and headed off towards the Slytherin dungeon. Hoping that he would remember the password to the underwater common room...

phoenixfeather1007

JayzStar13

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:22 am
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria cocked an eyebrow, suddenly seeing the more arrogant ones finally making an appearance. Well, let it not be said that Slytherin wasn't for the ambitious. Well, it more seemed like it was for the arrogant and conceited, but that's what happened when you got together people that considered blood purity to be superior. Oh well, either they adjust to being in a mixed setting, or they flounder. It wasn't her problem unless they decided to be arses. However, her eyebrows rose when she noticed one of the first years leaving to go to the common room. Were all of them this way, that they assumed they knew everything? She doubted he knew his way around the school. Heck, she had trouble for the first year figuring out where everything was. She doubted that it was very different for this boy either. "Mr. Rivers, unless you know yuour way to the common room, I would suggest that you wait until after the feast is over. I wouldn't want to see you locked out of the common room on your first night because you don't know the password."

----------------------------------
State: Watchful
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

JayzStar13

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games